Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Johnny Joestar posted:

i might be wrong but wasn't it implied that the rulers of places would know about the poo poo going on or something, and that's why triton was aware? if so then i don't think it was ever a consistent thing, especially because only so many worlds would even remotely have someone titular enough to count as a ruler over all of it.

but then again it's kingdom hearts so even me typing this out involved more thought than like at least 75% of the plot details in the series did

Triton is sort of a god, so it could be that that's why he specifically knew about keyblades. Hades seems to know something about them as well, although that could just be because he was part of Maleficent's group of Disney villains in 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Triton is implied to be hella old, and a sea god. If anyone would know about the Keyblades it would be him.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

TwoPair posted:

Huh, the game forced you into your regular clothes for that last cutscene instead of digitizing your dopey KH1 outfit.

Ha, good catch. I'm guessing that scene requires a specific model for that 'digitization' effect to work so they hardcoded it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Grapplejack posted:

what the gently caress why are the gullwings here!! why are they faeries!!!

Well, it all started when Yuna found this sphere...

Cockmaster posted:

And in the first game, King Triton quickly identifies Sora as a visitor from outer space despite his disguise (and seems to be aware of pretty much the whole situation with Heartless and Keyblades and Keyholes and crap), with precisely zero explanation offered (within that particular game, at least).

It always bothered me no games ever followed up on that, even if you could likely rationalize why he'd know.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

lol, putting that in the OP. glad ur back, mate

Johnny Joestar posted:

i might be wrong but wasn't it implied that the rulers of places would know about the poo poo going on or something, and that's why triton was aware? if so then i don't think it was ever a consistent thing, especially because only so many worlds would even remotely have someone titular enough to count as a ruler over all of it.

but then again it's kingdom hearts so even me typing this out involved more thought than like at least 75% of the plot details in the series did

i think you'll find that a lot of thought has been put into kingdom hearts, as illustrated by award nominee haley joel osment himself:

Haley Joel Osment posted:

I will never forget walking in for the first session of KH2 and seeing that the producers had set up a bulletin board with a flow chart explaining the sequence of events in different universes and watching them almost struggle to sort it out. It wasn't that they weren't knowledgeable, they just were still unraveling the story for themselves and dealing with the huge amount of information Nomura-San puts out. That was when I personally realized how video games had reached the level of art.

(also actually got an update done in a normal time)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Where the hell is Daft Punk I want my money back

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Mickey Mouse saying "Did somebody mention Door To Darkness?" is the hardest I've laughed in like, weeks.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Why do Organization XIII coats have a zipper at both the top and the bottom? Doesn't that mean they can never be fully unzipped?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Geocities Homepage King posted:

Why do Organization XIII coats have a zipper at both the top and the bottom? Doesn't that mean they can never be fully unzipped?

That's nobody's business imo

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Zanzibar Ham posted:

That's nobody's business imo

Boooooo

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Before this video I knew two things about Tron:
Blue
Computers

Now I know way more:
Blue and gray
Computers and boring

Also Tron is somebody's name I guess? :shrug:

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Geocities Homepage King posted:

saves on zipper travel time. why slow urself down with one zipper when u can save so much time with two. its all the rage in europe

short update today btw, finishing off tron world.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Oh hey, Sora yelled 'This is it!' and it was actually it for the fight. Nice going.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Oh hey, Sora yelled 'This is it!' and it was actually it for the fight. Nice going.

That's the FutureFriend LP difference!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zanzibar Ham posted:

He keeps doing things like this!

Took me like 24 parts to realize 'oh gently caress, there are no ability set up menus in this LP'

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Ansem installed UnregisteredHyperCam 3.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Leon: Now Sora, you need to be very careful with this machine. It's very delicate and has sensitive information on it.
Sora: :black101:

That's the moment where I feel like Sora is a bit too dumb, especially since he believes the machine has information on where to find his friends. But, then again, the last game involved him telling Namine to destroy his memories after both Namine and Marluxia told him that her doing so would turn him into a vegetable. So maybe it's less stupid than I gave it credit for!

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Apr 9, 2020

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Leon: Now Sora, you need to be very careful with this machine. It's very delicate and has sensitive information on it.
Sora: :black101:

That's the moment where I feel like Sora is a bit too dumb, especially since he believes the machine has information on where to find his friends. But, then again, the last game involved him telling Namine to destroy his memories after both Namine and Marluxia told him that her doing so would turn him into a vegetable. So maybe it's less stupid than I gave it credit for!

To be fair Sora has also never gone to school, so him being dumb as bricks is kind of expected.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Grapplejack posted:

To be fair Sora has also never gone to school, so him being dumb as bricks is kind of expected.

Pure of heart, skull of rock. Sora is a shonen anime protagonist archetype through and through.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

Destiny Islands may not even be technically advanced enough to have computers. We see very little of it so it's hard to say.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
When all you have is a Keyblade...

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

fractalairduct posted:

Destiny Islands may not even be technically advanced enough to have computers. We see very little of it so it's hard to say.

They had a society, they built houses. There had to be some form of education

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

Well, sure, but those things existed before computers did.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

On that note, how did Sora immediately know what de-rezzed meant?

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Apr 16, 2020

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

On that note, how did Sora immediately know what de-rezzed meant?

He assumed it was bad because it was used in the same tone and place as death or banishment or heart stolen or some suck.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

its time for the best cutscene in all of gaming

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

God, now that the remake is out, it's just so weird to go back to old FF7 EU.

Timmy Horsey
Dec 13, 2012

Donald saying "Sora, it's Sephiroth" will always be the best line in this series for me.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Pacing!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Shout out to Org 13 member Demidevimon

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
This is the funniest Kingdom Hearts has ever been.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Considering the most advanced technology we saw Sora using before this game was a door, I'm not surprised that he's hunt and pecking the keys on that gigantic oven sized keyboard.

Watching that make me think of a point in the series where Sora's trying to play a video game and the controls are all messed up and inverted and stuff because he has no idea how to hold to the controller.

Also, I don't understand why the showed us so much of that Organization member walking when we've spent the entire game up till now seeing them teleport into scenes, that was absurd.

Demyx was a nightmare for me too especially in the original where the time limits were more strict. And then I found out that using Reflect just shreds his health bars and I felt like such an idiot. The spell that deflects all non-physical attacks destroys this guy who uses basically nothing but that, of course!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean, he's piloting a spaceship all the time, that's pretty advanced.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Christ that Org 13 cutscene literally put me to sleep. Why in the world did anyone think it was a good idea to linger on that stair/hallway scene for so long?

Timmy Horsey posted:

Donald saying "Sora, it's Sephiroth" will always be the best line in this series for me.

It's gotta be a close race between that and "Did somebody say Door to Darkness?"

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Top 3 most tragic video game deaths: Aerith, Goofy, Luigi.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Apr 22, 2020

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

TwoPair posted:

Christ that Org 13 cutscene literally put me to sleep. Why in the world did anyone think it was a good idea to linger on that stair/hallway scene for so long?

Even better: That entire sequence from ~21:16 to ~29:25 is a new addition to Final Mix, in the regular version it just cuts from the weird scene where the three run away from Mickey directly to Demyx.

I know that because back when KH2FM came out on the PS2 in Japan only, I was one of the few people who fit the venn diagram of people who liked KH2, people who could import Japanese games, and people who had a capture card, so I uploaded all of these new scenes to Youtube. That particular sequence has almost a million views, even though it's complete nonsense to most people -- remember, these scenes were not voiced in the Japanese PS2 release, you just had Japanese subtitles! The KH fandom circa 2007 was wild.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
As cheesy as this part of the game is, the Organization fight music kicks rear end.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I can't loving believe how this one ended

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

TwoPair posted:

It's gotta be a close race between that and "Did somebody say Door to Darkness?"

What, no Mickey clinching his fist, saying 'They'll pay for this...", and then dramatically ripping off his mysterious robe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ace Transmuter posted:

What, no Mickey clinching his fist, saying 'They'll pay for this...", and then dramatically ripping off his mysterious robe?

https://twitter.com/waypoint/status/1090309980891303936?lang=en