Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Spontaneous maoism is big rn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eegah!
Jul 26, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

Ok well it sort of looked like you were saying “Virgil is MOSTLY not a pedofile”

Some girl dm'd someone on twitter saying she had a relationship with Virgil when she was like 16, then later recanted the story. I say mostly bullshit because no one determined the cause of her taking the story back, but no one thought anything of it afterwards so :shrug:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
will is totally right wasp - animal (gently caress like a beast) is way better than anything the beatles ever did

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Race Realists posted:

you know shits hosed when even the InvestBros at WallStreetBets are eternally Blackpilled

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/fxw3uz/why_should_any_american_company_ever_act/

quote:

EvereveO
·
7 hours ago
Ahhh...American dream!

quote:

DairyCanary5
·
5 hours ago
I thought the American Dream was doing a line of coke off a hooker's rear end.

quote:

PrincessWillard
·
5 hours ago
....that you obtained by exploiting the same third world country you got the coke and the hooker from.

this is the online equivalent of watching cave men discover fire for the first time

ok be honest which one of you is posting in that thread?

are one of you this guy?

quote:

bamfalamfa
·
8 hours ago
i cant wait to fight for mcdonalds in the corporate wars

quote:

NorCalAthlete
·
7 hours ago
Pepsi once had the 6th largest military in the world

quote:

Blahblahblurred
·
6 hours ago
And Coca Cola used mercenaries to kill union leaders

quote:

CaptainRati0nal
·
4 hours ago
Chiquita Banana pulled a coup in Guatamala

quote:

jfarrar19
·
5 hours ago
I mean, the Pinkertons and all those types were pretty much mercs so it's not really that weird.

never say i only post bad poo poo in this thread ever again

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
tirgil vexas

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

im norcalathlete

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
IIRC the story was that some weird tankie said that an acquaintance of an acquaintance said that virgil had been sexting with a teenager years ago, but allegedly the teenager in question was supposedly dead now, so nothing came of it.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Lambert posted:

You don't know anything about the situation. You don't even know whether the outrage about it was just a bit or not.

It's weird thought experiments for people stuck deep in the parasocial relationship.

this is all true but if you had to bet money on which chapo would flame out or get louis ck'd first...c'mon

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.
Hey... anyone have any news about virgil? :( Is he ok? He's not fired right? I miss him

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Clipperton posted:

this is all true but if you had to bet money on which chapo would flame out or get louis ck'd first...c'mon

I do find it rather odd that, after the NYT slampiece all but proving the political influence they've amassed after all these years, and being out canvasing on the Bernie Campaign Trail, we have the first instance of one of them finally getting MeToo'd

i wonder why they waited so long? :iiam:

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 10, 2020

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The Muppets On PCP posted:

will is totally right wasp - animal (gently caress like a beast) is way better than anything the beatles ever did

All of W.A.S.P.'s albums up through Crimson Idol are absolute classic bangers if you can handle hair metal cheese.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
virgil is just busy visiting his mom, alexis

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
matt: virgil is on "sabbatical", mind your own business

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Law Cheetah posted:

virgil is just busy visiting his mom, alexis

Must be why she was trending tonight.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

The Muppets On PCP posted:

Come on, Octopus Garden is a classic.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
i just

dont know how to say it without coming across like :mrapig:

why now? as if Bernie all but dropping out wasn't good enough for these sociopaths

now its starting to look like only a handful of people will be getting those Stimulus Checks

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/sarahmimms/coronavirus-stimulus-checks-1200-qualify

quote:

Most adults with a US Social Security number will receive a payment, but Congress set restrictions on who qualifies. People who earn more than $99,000 per year will not receive any money; neither will many college students or adults who are listed as dependents on someone else’s tax return (this includes some adults with disabilities and some elderly parents). Immigrants who do not have Social Security numbers will not qualify for the payments either.

Additionally, not every person who qualifies will receive $1,200 — some will get more, some less. The payments are based on your income listed on your most recent tax return, as well as the number of child dependents you have. Still, as many as 93.6% of tax filers will receive some kind of payment, according to the Tax Foundation.

yeah lets not help the group already kneedeep in Student Loan Debt

thanks

you loving pondscum

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
i just dont get it

the Fed is literally printing money. what do they have to lose by people not dying in the streets or being kicked out of their homes on account of being laid off for this poo poo?

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They don’t have to do anything, we will just keep drinking that garbage

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

They don’t have to do anything, we will just keep drinking that garbage

this is 2008 all over again isn't it? :smith:

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

Race Realists posted:

this is 2008 all over again isn't it? :smith:

worse by an order of magnitude lol

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

J. P. Beagley posted:

worse by an order of magnitude lol

we live in the shittiest possible Metal Gear Solid 2 remake

kudos if you get it

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I hosed Virgil and he's still cumming, he'll be a few days.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

he actually won the Caroline Calloway gently caress a fan contest right as the lockdown started and he's been stuck at her place all this time and dry boys jelly

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
I hope Virgil moved to Berlin to marry that hot dude he made out with after the live show :glomp:

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Virgil is building a new identity with an even more farcical name.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Race Realists posted:

i just dont get it

the Fed is literally printing money. what do they have to lose by people not dying in the streets or being kicked out of their homes on account of being laid off for this poo poo?

they need people dying in the streets and being kicked out to gain more leverage over the economy. that's the point

as matt said, they need all the money they can get so they can build the elysium spaceship and get the hell out

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Bar Crow posted:

Virgil is building a new identity with an even more farcical name.

Oh man, you gotta check out the podcast, they got Caractacus Alabama on a guest spot

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Duncan Idaho was right there

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Mr. Lobe posted:

drama is always fun to speculate about, whether real or fictional

it's like the number one thing people fixate on as social beings

it seems weird to me to pretend to be above that basic instinct

Except it's not interesting at all, especially if it's idle speculation by goons based on nothing? Are you the type of person that reads nothing but tabloids?

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
virgil texas changing his name to dani california

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I do care a little about one of the guys I've spent $5 a month to listen to for the last three years and I hope he's doing okay and can get over his problems

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

multijoe posted:

I do care a little about one of the guys I've spent $5 a month to listen to for the last three years and I hope he's doing okay and can get over his problems

Same, I’ve met Virgil a few times and he seems to be a fundamentally decent man.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
unrelated hosed up tweet

https://twitter.com/kingjamal08/status/1248097922069041152

https://twitter.com/PrettyBadLefty/status/1248240954450026497

https://twitter.com/PrettyBadLefty/status/1248245013143629824

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Apr 10, 2020

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
As the comments informed me, that’s the guy who got accidentally invited to Thanksgiving by the woman, and has been visiting every year since. gently caress that’s so sad. :(

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Cloks posted:

I hung out with him for a night in Iowa. He's nice but a little distant.

E: Here's a pic from the night of

what's up with matt, is he doing the robot dance

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Internet Oldheads who insist caring about anything or anyone is uncool are still the most exhausting posters in 2020. It’s like the most direct way of communicating to other posters that you suck with trash opinions and your life is bad.

You can be a nihilist without being a poisoned mind slave. Let people develop emotional attachments to the talking heads that make them happy.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
been listening to blowback, I like it

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Bust Rodd posted:

Internet Oldheads who insist caring about anything or anyone is uncool are still the most exhausting posters in 2020. It’s like the most direct way of communicating to other posters that you suck with trash opinions and your life is bad.

You can be a nihilist without being a poisoned mind slave. Let people develop emotional attachments to the talking heads that make them happy.

Dumb pointless speculation about an internet personality is dumb, sorry you feel attacked by that. When your imagination is running wild about what your podcaster friend might be doing right now, keep it to yourself.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Lambert posted:

Dumb pointless speculation about an internet personality is dumb, sorry you feel attacked by that. If your imagination is running wild about your podcaster friend, keep it to yourself.

Why post in the podcast thread for a show about how posting about the hosts of THIS show upsets you?

PS I’m not sorry you feel attacked, I was literally attacking you and your lovely position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Bust Rodd posted:

Why post in the podcast thread for a show about how posting about the hosts of THIS show upsets you?

PS I’m not sorry you feel attacked, I was literally attacking you and your lovely position.

Posting page after page of speculation about Virgil is pointless, especially when people keep bringing in dumb Twitter posts. People are talking about podcasters like they are their personal friends, but only knowing some morsels of information said on publicly available streams means it always comes across as really weird.

Basically, stop encouraging weird people.