Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES

Gobblecoque posted:

Note that most polearms with a cutting attack function pretty much the same as the glaive, in case you find one of them earlier. The war razor, rhomphalia, and menavlion are the similar weapons that I'm aware of and they're all crazy op on horseback.

I swear they removed the cut attack and the couching behavior from the fine steel menavlion.

Just slowly grinding up smithing so I can make a couchable long glaive. I'm using the Bannerlord Tweaks mod and set max stamina to 400, doubles the recharge rate, and makes it recharge any time time is passing, not just when I wait in a settlement.

It's now something I do during downtime back at base between campaigns against the Battanian hordes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Just bought 16gb x 2 ram to improve this game. Now to see if I can talk the wife into letting me get a new CPU and GPU...

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Drakenel posted:

Is... the multiplayer supposed to crash so much? Three games, and all crashed within a minute of joining.

the north american servers loving blow, mostly.

sometimes you get really unlucky.

bgreman posted:

I swear they removed the cut attack and the couching behavior from the fine steel menavlion.

Just slowly grinding up smithing so I can make a couchable long glaive. I'm using the Bannerlord Tweaks mod and set max stamina to 400, doubles the recharge rate, and makes it recharge any time time is passing, not just when I wait in a settlement.

It's now something I do during downtime back at base between campaigns against the Battanian hordes.

you lose it when using a shield, you can only jab with a shield.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Enigma posted:

Is smithing worthwhile? Seems really slow with the weird stamina mechanic, which will be the first thing I mod out.

Yes, it is. I use tweak mod that gives a lot more of stamina. You can often get more money for breaking 3 pieces of hardwood into 2 charcoal, or by smelting some poo poo weapons into steel and other materials.
It's also good way to get weapon types you usually can't find, like the lances you've mentioned. Just break some looted weapons first (needs charcoal which you get from hardwood) to unlock weapon pieces.
As far as selling weapons made it feels for me like I can get more money by refining mats into higher tiers and selling those.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

I'm at the stage where money isn't really an issue, but if I can get better equipment then I'm all about it.

I wouldn't mind a way to make armor, bows, etc.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Valtonen posted:

Game too good. 70 hours in. Spouse Angry.

Is anyone else having this issue where M&B high speed mounted swinging/lancing actually makes you physically flinch anticipating the hit? I swear this is the only game which makes me physically react to onscreen events.

Also getting rhompalia at early game turns you into the Reaper. That reach is AMAZING, you can ride perpendicular to enemy line and play Peasant Polo.

Getting shot in M&B while in first person never fails to jolt me. Especially when it's from an archer you didn't spot and you can see the arrow for a brief instant before it plants itself right in your face.

bgreman posted:

Can't couch it but you can definitely still swing.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I don't think you can swing with a shield on

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES

Gobblecoque posted:

Can't couch it but you can definitely still swing.

I need me a polearm that can do both. :colbert:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

bgreman posted:

I need me a polearm that can do both. :colbert:

Why, when swinging is objectively better

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sometimes you just want to do like 600 damage to a guy by running him over with your horse.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

you can mitigate the smithing stamina a bit by just using your companions to do all the base labor of making charcoal and smelting weapons until you get Curious Smelter, since those actions only award a tiny amount of XP anyway compared to big boy stuff like making iron and higher level materials.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

assign my... companions.... to smelt... :aaaaa:

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
OK so here is a question,

Can you really not make the higher level steels without the perks? Are the Curious Smelter alternatives truly the better choice? So far Refining has just been making some good money on the side while I raise my smithing.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You can smelt fancy weapons to get the high level steel.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It's hard to find the highest quality steel that way, but I've never had trouble getting Steel and Fine Steel.

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

Captain Oblivious posted:

Why, when swinging is objectively better

Can't hold a shield while swinging. Couched lance (but more frequently, well timed thrusts) for main phase of battle when there's still a risk of getting bowshot during my approach, start swinging during clean up when the enemy is about to break.

OwlFancier posted:

Sometimes you just want to do like 600 damage to a guy by running him over with your horse.

Also this.

Has anyone seen the text "BROKE THROUGH" (or something like that) pop in the battle log? I had it happen one time early in the game and haven't seen it since. It was right after I ran my horse through a group of looters.

bgreman fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Apr 10, 2020

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

bgreman posted:

Can't hold a shield while swinging. Couched lance (but more frequently, well timed thrusts) for main phase of battle when there's still a risk of getting bowshot during my approach, start swinging during clean up when the enemy is about to break.

Also this.

Has anyone seen the text "BROKE THROUGH" (or something like that) pop in the battle log? I had it happen one time early in the game and haven't seen it since. It was right after I ran my horse through a group of looters.

Yes I've had that happen with a particularly fast spear poke, I think if you do enough damage it gives you a change to just break through a block. Or more likely I guess it's related to the weight or something but that would correlate with damage most of the time.

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

Yes I've had that happen with a particularly fast spear poke, I think if you do enough damage it gives you a change to just break through a block.

Ah, breaking through a block! That makes so much more sense. I thought it had to do with crushing through a looter's hitbox or something.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

if your damage overcomes the shield rating, the remainder goes through

strong bird
May 12, 2009

and i believe attacks over a certain damage (effective speed) cannot be parry-blocked with other weapons but that might not be true

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think it was a weapon block cos I was fighting guys without shields.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

You can’t punch chamber in Bannerlord. Game is trash. Long live Warband.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!

Night10194 posted:

It's hard to find the highest quality steel that way, but I've never had trouble getting Steel and Fine Steel.

Would it be worthwhile to get just the latter Steel Maker Perks then, and just get Curious Smelter for say the first one or two?

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
Players have created some pretty sick custom banners.

https://www.pcgamer.com/bannerlord-banner-codes/

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

albany academy posted:

assign my... companions.... to smelt... :aaaaa:

yep! Click the little portrait of your character in the bottom left corner, the one you hover over to see your stamina lol

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

Fleetwood Crack posted:

Players have created some pretty sick custom banners.

https://www.pcgamer.com/bannerlord-banner-codes/

Got featured :woop:
Who knew being stuck at home without poo poo to do would make me not really famous ?

The banner editor creator said he was working on making it more usable (multiple object selection and easier layer arrangement), so once that's live we're going to start seeing some truly badass banners and creating stuff will be easier for everyone. Right now it just takes too long to do the really elaborate stuff, the goonbanners took like 2 hours each which is just too much time to invest in dickbutt.

E: new patch is out! Just crash/misc. bug fixes

Washin Tong fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 11, 2020

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

Washin Tong posted:

Got featured :woop:
Who knew being stuck at home without poo poo to do would make me not really famous ?
Grats, that's cool!

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
Aww hell yeah, dismemberment! Meat is back on the menu, boys!

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/400?tab=posts&BH=0

beware though, lot of complaints about crashing in the comments...

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Babe Magnet posted:

yep! Click the little portrait of your character in the bottom left corner, the one you hover over to see your stamina lol

:negative:

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Anyone have issues with just constantly being at war? Like I can't really expand my kingdom because I'm constantly getting war declared on me. Having multiple fronts is impossible to manage and having 10,000 little lords running around constantly.

I've literally executed I think 50? Maybe 60? Southern empire lords but they keep coming.

Also every time I've convinced a Lord to join my faction and paid them the 1,000,000 gold to join me or whatever they just leave instantly. It's bullshit.

Even with the tweaks mod going, and other faction cities having upwards of 500 defenders, mine never seem to get above 200.

The constant war means I can't manage any of my settlements, prisoners, etc. I have thousands of prisoners scattered around various castles that I just can't deal with. I hope to God there's a l
Mod that auto recruits prisoners from castle dungeons into Garrisons. It's just a loving pain in the rear end.

Truthfully all I want to do is go around with MY WIFE (who won't stop making babies. Seriously phaea has had like 14 children so far) and make an army completely composed of t7? Bandit troops. Khan guards, vlandian banner knights, fian champions. That's my dream but right now I have an insane hodgepodge of 300+ units because I have zero downtime to manage them.

Edit: also I have literally thousands of armors and weapons and horses but I can never sell more than like 5% before any city runs out.

Tbh I should just delete it because I have like 10,000,000 gold anyway. It's pointless.

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Apr 11, 2020

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
The lords leave if they don't like you, which they most certainly wont if you execute any other Lord's from their original faction. Far as I can tell the best strategy is to try to farm Lord's from some factions, mass execute Lord's from other factions.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

Tabletops posted:

Tbh I should just delete it because I have like 10,000,000 gold anyway. It's pointless.
drat it all, here i was about to post this thinking I was the richest man in all the land:

That's day 1048 for reference. I've been doing what can only be described as ethnic cleansing of all the non-Aserai faction lords.

Map looks like this:

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

The lords leave if they don't like you, which they most certainly wont if you execute any other Lord's from their original faction. Far as I can tell the best strategy is to try to farm Lord's from some factions, mass execute Lord's from other factions.

oh they were from different factions. I've only killed southern empire lords, it doesn't seem to matter what faction i recruit them from. it feels like a bug to me, cause dudes like Tariq will do it even though tariq has like +30 relation with me.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
:vince:

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I don't know how to get my kingdom started. My party limit is 140, got a decent set of units so I grabbed one faraway castle that recently switched hands. Now I need a city, but after taking care of enemy parties rubbing around I get around 100 good soldiers and some randos. Nearest city of enemy faction has 280 defenders, and I got beaten badly storming it. Should I just join other kingdom as a vassal for a while?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

alex314 posted:

I don't know how to get my kingdom started. My party limit is 140, got a decent set of units so I grabbed one faraway castle that recently switched hands. Now I need a city, but after taking care of enemy parties rubbing around I get around 100 good soldiers and some randos. Nearest city of enemy faction has 280 defenders, and I got beaten badly storming it. Should I just join other kingdom as a vassal for a while?

Break your companions off into their own parties. Recruit hard, create an army in the kingdoms tab, assemble and siege.

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Break your companions off into their own parties. Recruit hard, create an army in the kingdoms tab, assemble and siege.

You cant create armies without having a Kingdom first though. Its bit weird. I just left the Kingdom I was in and took my fiefs with me- starts a war But you barter peace with the first noble you meet anyway.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Valtonen posted:

You cant create armies without having a Kingdom first though. Its bit weird. I just left the Kingdom I was in and took my fiefs with me- starts a war But you barter peace with the first noble you meet anyway.

As soon as you do the whole bannerlord thing you automatically peace with everyone as well. btw I’m guessing I can’t do poo poo about this upcoming conspiracy yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.

double negative posted:

As soon as you do the whole bannerlord thing you automatically peace with everyone as well. btw I’m guessing I can’t do poo poo about this upcoming conspiracy yet?

No idea the quest crashed on me. And then started reappearing and refailing every 20 ingame days