Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

Does anyone else have blu-rays that their PS4 can't read but the PS3 can? I have just a few of them and I've never known why.

Is it an “unrecognized disc” issue or something else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ryoga posted:

Enjoying the game quite a bit so far but I'm kinda blown away by how nobody noticed the horrible low quality texture on the door to your apartment that you see up close semi often.

Yeah that's why I'm trying to hold off for a month so it'll be patched and a bit more foil wrapped by the time I pick it up.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Gully Foyle posted:

Sounds like you are missing something.

These drat invisible ladders!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

FF 7 is great but this game has texture problems yo

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Ok the Iron king is down. gently caress off Iron Keep!

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Is anyone else getting constant messages on PSN from obviously throwaway accounts, filled with weird diacritic marks?

The Neal!
Sep 3, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m like 98% certain I heard about this in a thread on SA posted by one of their victims before it became mainstream. I remember being deeply engaged in this story and had sad and scary it was.

oh yeah, this is absolutely an old SA story, I remember this from a looooong time ago.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

goblin week posted:

Is anyone else getting constant messages on PSN from obviously throwaway accounts, filled with weird diacritic marks?

Yep.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

goblin week posted:

Yeah. I do enjoy their cryptic nature better than the adding-users-with-the-same-starting-letters-to-group-and-posting-"coupons"

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Down the Rabbit Hole did a pretty comprehensive video on the craziness of Final Fantasy VII house.

man nurse posted:

Unreal engine, where textures always come last.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Firing up FF7r this mornin.

:getin:

e: this intro vid is gorgeous :stwoon:

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Apr 10, 2020

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

AngelesXO posted:

Yeah. I do enjoy their cryptic nature better than the adding-users-with-the-same-starting-letters-to-group-and-posting-"coupons"

I liked the one that compared Adobe Photoshop to abortions because they’re both immoral unless one needs them. Like I don’t know what it exactly means but drat if it’s not some memorable spam

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I cannot immerse myself in a video game if it is sunny out, so i'll pick my copy of FF7 up after work today fRoM gAmEsToP and hopefully be ready to go by tonight... now I have all day to pick out snacks!!!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

man nurse posted:

Unreal Engine has always had texture issues. Game is already 90gb tho

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

goblin week posted:

Set it to allow messages from friends only, the spam on PSN has been out of control for years.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

man nurse posted:

texture streaming issues, or low quality textures?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Rinkles posted:

texture streaming issues, or low quality textures?

Yeah it seems like it fails to load in the high res textures on some objects and environments. Will probably get patched.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Unreal Engine has always had texture issues. Game is already 90gb tho

Square Enix are REALLY bad at optimising storage space

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.
I've been having a hard time during quarantine to really connect with a game. Nioh, Doom Eternal, Animal Crossing, CoD, etc...nothing has kept my attention more than staring off, contemplating the horrible political climate I brought my daughter into.

I'm glad to say FF7 is moving my boner a little. I can tell this is an amazing game. I don't super love the combat, but nostalgia is taking me back to when I was 16 years old and skipping classes to talk to my friends about what they had done on FF7 the night before. Still hasn't broken through the low-level depression, but it's something!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

tensai posted:

I've been having a hard time during quarantine to really connect with a game. Nioh, Doom Eternal, Animal Crossing, CoD, etc...nothing has kept my attention more than staring off, contemplating the horrible political climate I brought my daughter into.

I'm glad to say FF7 is moving my boner a little. I can tell this is an amazing game. I don't super love the combat, but nostalgia is taking me back to when I was 16 years old and skipping classes to talk to my friends about what they had done on FF7 the night before. Still hasn't broken through the low-level depression, but it's something!

Serious post: Seek professional help for your depression.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

man nurse posted:

Yeah it seems like it fails to load in the high res textures on some objects and environments. Will probably get patched.

This shouldn't happen in a SATA3 drive, even less on a SSD. SATA2 5400rpm drives suck and will always be my biggest complain about this generation (and previous one too). Of course the engine has to do its part by not being lovely when streaming textures.

Jose Oquendo posted:

This is good advice. I can't see my wife until poo poo is safer in Spain, same with the rest of my family and I just try to do whatever keeps my mind busy and playing with goons helps quite a lot, chatting and blaming Massive for all the glitches and bad rolls on The Division 2.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Apr 10, 2020

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

How’s the HDR for FF7 remake?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Jose Oquendo posted:

we quarantined yo

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Which is exactly why lots of therapists are offering services over video chat now

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Rabid Snake posted:

it's good. ue4's hdr implementation is pretty good.

its texture streaming implementation is not.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

we quarantined yo

A lot of practitioners will work over telemedicine.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rabid Snake posted:

Good and bad. It looks great on mako and neon signs but theres no option to increase brightness and dark areas are too dark for my liking even on my oled with backlight cranked up

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Some therapists do phone calls

Edit: as mentioned before.

FF7R rules and is very anime

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Real hurthling! posted:

Good and bad. It looks great on mako and neon signs but theres no option to increase brightness and dark areas are too dark for my liking even on my oled with backlight cranked up

They might just be using the system-level HDR settings that Sony added in one of the newer PS4 updates, so tweaking that could help.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

FF7R is incredible. You know how you think back on some old game and rose tinted glasses cloud your memory? Then you decide man that game owned I'm going to track it and play it again! Then you finally play it again, decades later, and realize wow the game was rough as poo poo and nowhere near what I remember.

FF7R is like someone went and fixed the game to be like what you remembered. The combat, the atmophere, the dialogue. All of it works so well.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Oh man. I got an LG oled TV... hopefully it isn’t too dark for my own taste when the game arrives.

Spite posted:

it's good. ue4's hdr implementation is pretty good.

its texture streaming implementation is not.
I forgot it was on the Unreal engine. Thanks!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Dewgy posted:

They might just be using the system-level HDR settings that Sony added in one of the newer PS4 updates, so tweaking that could help.

I had no idea about this.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

we quarantined yo

Telemedicine works and is easy to use.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

There is brightness adjustment. Not intuitive but under camera in options.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

There is a kid with a literal DBZ scouter asking you to assess power levels of your enemies lol, to that person who was asking "how anime is this"

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I'm about to cave and buy FF7R. Safe to assume if I enjoyed XV's combat I'll like this one's?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

morestuff posted:

I'm about to cave and buy FF7R. Safe to assume if I enjoyed XV's combat I'll like this one's?

It’s way better than XV. It’s weirdly reminding me of a Yakuza game: Simple but satisfying combat, bars that fill up for more powerful actions, realistic style characters doing incredibly goofy things, all it needs is a slot car minigame.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

morestuff posted:

I did not like FFXVs combat and I'm really enjoying FF7s, although I hope it gets more challenging. I'm really early on though.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

morestuff posted:

Ten hours into FF15 I thought the combat was pretty bland and braindead.

Four hours into FF7R I am finding the combat fun and I'm actively doing something every second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I never saw a game over screen once in FFXV or KH3 and a brief ways into 7R I was mauled to death by an exceptionally angry dog