Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I think there is a point where the cure is worse than the disease, and "locking down for a decade until a vaccine" is probably it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

new covid symptoms found:

Does this mean I finally get to praise the new flesh?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

lol chuds are going to say we need to bomb the Congo

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

lmao bad timing Ebola, Ronichan already made Madagascar close its ports

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

shovelbum posted:

I think there is a point where the cure is worse than the disease, and "locking down for a decade until a vaccine" is probably it

Source your quo- oh these idiots are everywhere :thunk:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
MERKA :911:

https://twitter.com/Gothamist/status/1248656339729080321

quote:

Left unsupervised, some of the new personnel roamed the five-story building, finding shortages of gloves, hand sanitizer, stethoscopes and, most concerningly, medication. When they can’t locate a certain pill, they’re told to note that a resident refused it, rather than record it as out of stock, according to two of the employees.

Flesh Forge has issued a correction as of 18:06 on Apr 10, 2020

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

As a fat bearded computer toucher this hits close to home.

Teachers are now forwarding tech requests from the general public to us like "why cant my Kindergartener remember their password"

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

this article is so loving stupid

quote:

Think of what happens to a cigarette when lit and left in an ashtray -- it will burn quickly all the way down to the filter, with nothing left but ash.

"It's surrounded by paper. It's completely dried out. It is made to burn at a very high temperature," Glass said.

Now think of how a joint burns -- there's always some weed left, the "roach," as it is called.

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

please do not cough into the tornado

My new disaster movie: Coronado

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

All the sad epidemiologists had been posting that it looked like the Ebola outbreak might have been suppressed as their feel-good news :smith:

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

friendly 2 da void posted:

????????????????????????????????????

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

it literally says weed smoke isn’t as bad as cigarettes and then says it’s the same thing it’s ridiculous lol.

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

this is the part of the movie when Ebola and corona fuse into an insanely contagious superbug w/ 90% lethality

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

boris johnson, get ebola next

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

"You're reducing anxiety, but that is still a change in your thinking, a change in the way you are handling facts, how you're grasping situations," Glass said.

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

quote:

Think of what happens to a cigarette when lit and left in an ashtray -- it will burn quickly all the way down to the filter, with nothing left but ash.

"It's surrounded by paper. It's completely dried out. It is made to burn at a very high temperature," Glass said.

Now think of how a joint burns -- there's always some weed left, the "roach," as it is called.

It's Zeno's blunt. You always gotta smoke half to get to the next half. Infinite weed, or "the roach as it is called".

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/schnedwob/status/1248649633267683329
:420::69snypa:

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

thanks for this

my wife and i both awaiting trumbux now

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

for one, viruses mutate in unpredictable ways in the wild so intentionally infecting people with an unattenuated "safe virus" is probably a bad move, also covid has a r0 of 5.7 so good luck getting something to spread faster than that when it has a head start of maybe a hundred million infections

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

gently caress me this is grim.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
BRITTEN :britain:
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1248656993478467597

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Spoondick posted:

for one, viruses mutate in unpredictable ways in the wild so intentionally infecting people with an unattenuated "safe virus" is probably a bad move, also covid has a r0 of 5.7 so good luck getting something to spread faster than that when it has a head start of maybe a hundred million infections

i can do it *puts on lipstick*

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

SpaceGoku posted:

if I were a praying man I would probably see a bunch of severe storms arriving on easter sunday during a pandemic as a sign or something

god is angry that the secular globalists are being allowed to oppress good christians

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Dustcat posted:

i can do it *puts on lipstick*

*looks in mirror seductively*
would you infect me? id infect me

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/David_Onda/status/1248656483358781444

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

FAUXTON posted:

lol who the gently caress is this Ali Khan guy what does he kn

welp we're hosed

we need to be testing for brainworms :can:

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth

I'm not sure I trust this "Doctor Congo Ebola" fella...

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Spoondick posted:

there have definitely not been a hundred million infections. even if the true death rate was 0.5% then only about 20 million people would have been infected worldwide so far.

that's what makes this pretty wild. without a vaccine, a tiny tiny amount of people have been infected, so that means quarantine for a long time.

Apr 7, 2003

Funion posted:

thanks for this

my wife and i both awaiting trumbux now

Can't wait to spend my Trumpbux on medical bills

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

This is a bummer. I actually thought this version of the XFL was onto something

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

FAUXTON posted:

lol who the gently caress is this Ali Khan guy what does he kn

welp we're hosed

im not sure we should be taking intellectual opinions from anyone who voluntarily moves to nebraska

Apr 7, 2003

good

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

haha lmao

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

please do not cough into the tornado

cant wait for the new sharnado where the sharks all have corona

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

:lol: just like his "occupy the park ranger station" he's going to kill his buddies again to make a political statement, and then face no consequences himself.

This, but unlike federal cops, Corona-chan doesn't hesitate to take down the demon crackers

Tag yourself in this tweet I'm the proposed nexus for fraud crimes that will never be untangled if implemented by any administration

mod sassinator posted:

can't get the roni if your lungs are full of cum

Actually you can

Why do you think it's called

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Goon Boots posted:

My new disaster movie: Coronado

Ironically, a Coronado is what ravaged the New World once already, you're thinking of a sequel

EDIT: does not equal doublepost

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

shovelbum posted:

except this isn't a video game where you can flip a switch that convinces people its safe to go outside again

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Azathoth posted:

im not sure we should be taking intellectual opinions from anyone who voluntarily moves to nebraska

only state where private utilities are illegal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

Lady Militant posted:

except this isn't a video game

liar