Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Waffleman_ posted:

The replies note that a double issue doesn't necessarily mean two chapters at once and that Jump's double issues usually have one chapter that covers two weeks, so one double length chapter.

SKULL.GIF posted:

OK, so we're definitely getting the 38 page chapter for Shigaraki breaking out of the test tube.

The chapter itself is not double length, "double issue" means one weekly issue of the magazine will be stocked for two weeks. You're getting the standard length chapter, and only one at that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I'll be happy if we get 20 to 25 pages.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

We'll get 16 pages and then nothing for a week, how are people still confused on how this works by now?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Frankly, I'm surprised that we get anything at all. Comics industry is doing its best goldfish right now, there were no new releases last week unless you're a smaller house or 2000AD.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Now is the time for the web comic to take the reigns of the manga industry

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/horikoshiko/status/1246372207598514176
https://twitter.com/horikoshiko/status/1246351149763977217

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Eej posted:

Now is the time for the web comic to take the reigns of the manga industry

Can't wait for MHA to go years in between updates.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
~Snip~

Somebody fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Apr 9, 2020

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
New vigilantes chapter! It's good!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Fabricated posted:

Have a link handy?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Fabricated posted:

It’s very good!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Larryb posted:

Have a link handy?

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-vigilantes-chapter-75/chapter/20275?action=read

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

That was a good one. It feels like we’re heading towards a conclusion soon, has there been any official word on how many chapters are left in Vigilantes now?

If it’s ending soon at all that is, I thought I’d heard something to that effect but I’m not completely sure.

profileusername
Mar 2, 2019

Fabricated posted:

That was touching. Koichi is a good boy. Also we got a little glimpse of what happened to Knuckleduster in the past which is neat.

chefscientist
Mar 23, 2007

#1 Cockeyed Ghost fan
What a sweet chapter of vigilantes! Usually starting off with 'what makes a hero' makes me roll my eyes but this filled in a lot of blanks and had some great heart to it. Its always a neat trick when the characters have fragments while the reader has the whole picture.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

That was great, Koichi is a great lad.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i can't get enough of how raputo is drawn, he looks like a loving muppet, it's great

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SKULL.GIF posted:

I came across a colorized version of Chapter 266: https://imgur.com/a/DAGmK85

Makes some of the action a lot clearer to read.

Looks like this guy did 267 as well: https://imgur.com/a/xIgQJej

A few things are clearer: You can see the explosion a few panels before Tokoyami explicitly notices it (the sound effect, which is what Hori used to mark that as important, is a lot more obvious in the color than blending in with the background), the female Nomu takes a chomp out of Mirko's leg, Endeavor's flame blast is more obviously incoming,

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Ohhhhhhhh, Endeavor arrived to assist Miruko.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
Wash looks incredibly sinister in the latest Vigilantes chapter.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

New Chapter

This chapter feels like it's mostly an excuse to get Mirko away from Shigaraki so she won't die when he wakes up. Which is, you know, fair.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Apr 12, 2020

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Rhonne posted:

New Chapter

This chapter feels like it's mostly an excuse to get Mirko away from Shigaraki so she won't die when he wakes up. Which is, you know, fair.
Meanwhile Aizawa and Mic are front and center. Maybe the trades for this fight are Twice for Aizawa- the two most broken quirks among the ancillary cast among the heroes/villains

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Rhonne posted:

New Chapter

Yes please for the love of God get her out of there! She's getting torn to shreds.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Rhonne posted:

New Chapter

You don't really need an excuse to want to protect a hero suffering from multiple stab wounds and an amputated arm. She's basically pulling a Deku right now. The bad version, not the good one.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

man, outside of the twice stuff this arc is really dragging things out

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Kingtheninja posted:

Yes please for the love of God get her out of there! She's getting torn to shreds.

Don't worry, they're in a hospital!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Brother Entropy posted:

Yeah, when is the shoe going to drop? Is the shoe even going to drop? :argh:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Let's fuckin' GO, Mirko! Happy Easter!

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

Yeah, other than physically moving characters around, we pretty much have the same exact spot as last week's cliffhanger.

AND we get to wait longer for the next chapter!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
This chapter was literally just Horikoshi realizing "gently caress, if I want to make Shigiraki's awakening the big deal it's supposed to be, there is no way I can make Mirko believably survive it if she remains where she is right now!" and then basically reaching into the manga and yanking her out of the way. And I couldn't be happier. :allears:

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Yeah, when is the shoe going to drop? Is the shoe even going to drop? :argh:

The suspense of the Twice chapters was great cause there was no guarantee Twice was gonna make it out, but Shigaraki is obviously not going down at this point so everyone’s just waiting to see what he’ll do rather than wondering whether he’ll make it out (That being said I didn’t think he’d actually go through with icing Twice, I’m so used to Shonen manga being beholden to a character’s popularity!)

That said these action chapters don’t do it for me, it’s just so hard to follow them.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Horikoshi is a very good artist but he is not good at action panelling and one significant thing has happened in the last 5 chapters (Twice dying, tbf it is very significant) so it's been a lot more boring than its hould be

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Horikoshi is a very good artist but he is not good at action panelling and one significant thing has happened in the last 5 chapters (Twice dying, tbf it is very significant) so it's been a lot more boring than its hould be

His panelling has gotten so, so much better and thinking about it it's been a real strength of this arc. I think all the awkward kicking panels he drew for Deku finally built towards him figuring out how to do it with Mirko.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Looks like this guy did 267 as well: https://imgur.com/a/xIgQJej

A few things are clearer: You can see the explosion a few panels before Tokoyami explicitly notices it (the sound effect, which is what Hori used to mark that as important, is a lot more obvious in the color than blending in with the background), the female Nomu takes a chomp out of Mirko's leg, Endeavor's flame blast is more obviously incoming,

Why don't they all do chapters in colour? Expense? Because it looks a lot better and easier to follow this way.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Flesnolk posted:

Why don't they all do chapters in colour? Expense? Because it looks a lot better and easier to follow this way.

Manga just isn't ever done in color, with few exceptions. Saves time and money and let's them print on the equivalent of toilet paper.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Action was hard to follow but we've gotten a good enough look at the room that they're fighting in that if you keep in mind where everyone is and where they're moving, it's more or less able to be followed. Takes some mental effort, though.

I wonder if Shigaraki will get released in next chapter, or if we're going to cut away to Hawks/Dabi before that?

Trivia thread for this week's chapter, nothing big though, just pointing out what the heroes are doing in the midst of the action: https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1249378404396232705

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
i see we've entered the "this arc is slow garbage" part of the discourse cycle

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

bacon flaps posted:

i see we've entered the "this arc is slow garbage" part of the discourse cycle

I'll be one of the ones running counter to it this time. I quite like this arc so far. It hasn't seemed to get bogged down in running through corridors, the side fights have all been with characters I think are interesting, and I've been able to follow the action well enough.
Also Mirko and Hawks kick rear end.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I feel like the main reason people are reacting like that is cause we got week off so it's kind of a, not great chapter to end on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I think part of it's definitely that reusing the same cliffhanger in consecutive chapters kind of lays bare that we're all still waiting for the other shoe to drop, and makes it feel like nothing's really happening. As it stands this chapter seems to exist primarily so Mirko doesn't die.

Which, yeah, sure. I support that.