Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

PeterCat posted:

Are there other cases where being the victim of a crime is penalized? Also, what is to stop anyone from having a "boat accident," reporting their guns lost and just keeping them?

Plants at least have to report when they're carrying 400 lb amount of ammonium nitrate, so I'd start looking there? I guess part of the issue is that private citizens don't tend to have the ability to buy and then lose things that can kill a bunch of people. edit: Reporting Theft or Loss of Ammonium Nitrate: Certain ammonium nitrate sellers must report the theft or loss of ammonium nitrate to Federal authorities within one calendar day of discovery of theft or loss. See 6 U.S.C. 488d. Not sure if it's actually in effect? But it's hardly the first time anyone's suggested a similar measure.

Also the same thing that stops you from lighting your house on fire and claiming it was an electrical accident or any other sort of false report, I guess - the extent to which anyone is interested in investigating it.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Apr 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
What's with the date on that? Was he watching a rerun?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Jackard posted:

What's with the date on that? Was he watching a rerun?

It's part of project "Show that he's on Bernie's side so Bernie voters vote for him".

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
Trump just now:

why stock market go up, if economy bad??

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Slowpoke! posted:

The official death count from H1N1 was much lower than 12,000 or 17,000. Those are the CDC estimates, which try to factor in deaths that weren’t counted due to lack of testing.

What are the odds that Trump and Republicans reject the CDC estimates that come out later for COVID-19? Because it will certainly be adjusted upward, not downward.

They're already trying to reject the current death count because it includes people who were probably gonna die soon anyways

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

PeterCat posted:

Are there other cases where being the victim of a crime is penalized?

How is filing a report a penalty.

But the answer, assuming that filing a report is a penalty against mah freedom, is yes

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/TN/htm/TN.550.htm

quote:

Sec. 550.026. IMMEDIATE REPORT OF ACCIDENT. (a) The operator of a vehicle involved in an accident resulting in injury to or death of a person or damage to a vehicle to the extent that it cannot be normally and safely driven shall immediately by the quickest means of communication give notice of the accident to the:

(1) local police department if the accident occurred in a municipality;

(2) local police department or the sheriff's office if the accident occurred not more than 100 feet outside the limits of a municipality; or

(3) sheriff's office or the nearest office of the department if the accident is not required to be reported under Subdivision (1) or (2).

Doesn't matter if you were at fault or the victim

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

...Good thing it's not, then. He wins Texas, Oklahoma, and... Massachusetts? but still loses most other states.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

...Good thing it's not, then. He wins Texas, Oklahoma, and... Massachusetts? but still loses most other states.

It's true enough to be effective.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

VitalSigns posted:

How is filing a report a penalty.

What is the penalty for not filing the report?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

drat, between this and all the posters here who were mean to Bernie people now I HAVE to vote for him.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
You do not, in fact, have to hand it to Trump.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I guess we’re gonna ignore that Bloomberg was in on Super Tuesday draining support away from Biden.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I guess we’re gonna ignore that Bloomberg was in on Super Tuesday draining support away from Biden.

Only when it's convenient.

Content,
https://twitter.com/GerryConnolly/status/1248334335658336256

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1248686197603524610

Get that corn

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

mcmagic posted:

It's true enough to be effective.

Well it worked on you at least :smugdon:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

PeterCat posted:

What is the penalty for not filing the report?

whatever it is, that's the penalty for not filing the report, not a penalty for being a victim of a crime

I guess you consider your question regarding whether other crimes exist where being a victim carries a mandatory reporting requirement answered then?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

yeah. i feel like the "we have to open NOW NOW NOW" tweet redux is gonna happen before may.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

canepazzo posted:

Well it worked on you at least :smugdon:

I mean I'm not gonna vote for Trump because of it....

tokyo reject
Jun 12, 2019

when she's tryin to slide into your dm's but you wanna talk about a better america

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. i feel like the "we have to open NOW NOW NOW" tweet redux is gonna happen before may.

I mean, we all know he’s gonna “push” the governors to start lifting shelter in place orders prematurely and then talk endless trash on Twitter about the ones who say no

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

PeterCat posted:

Because if the idea the required reporting of lost or stolen firearms is that if a gun that you supposedly own is used in a crime that you are liable for that gun's whereabouts, what is stopping you from claiming that you sold it in a person to person sale? Or, more Constitutionally, simply refusing to answer any questions regarding the firearm on 5th Amendment grounds?

Fifth Amendment to the US Constitution posted:

nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself

Fifth amendment only applies in criminal cases, you can be compelled to testify against yourself in civil cases.

It won't save you from civil penalties.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

tokyo reject posted:

I mean, we all know he’s gonna “push” the governors to start lifting shelter in place orders prematurely and then talk endless trash on Twitter about the ones who say no

i think he is trying to wrestle with the best possible way to "do it" in a dumb showey way. i think it will be easter. he will tweet it or proclaim it on tv.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Oh my god make this woman empress she is my spirit animal

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The narrative that the Democratic Party is full of feckless incompetents who none the less engineered a ninth-level screwjob on Bernie must be served at all costs.

Oh whoops my "leftism" is literally identical to Trumpism, how did that happen

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Hey if he wants Nebraska and Idaho to open back up then whatever. States that aren’t desolate nothingness won’t listen.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hey if he wants Nebraska and Idaho to open back up then whatever. States that aren’t desolate nothingness won’t listen.

yeah plus companies and poo poo. my guess is stuff will start to platue in may and start slowly down in june than some stuff may open up a little more.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

It is APRIL

:psyboom:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I would love to hear Trump try and explain basic farming.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Sodomy Hussein posted:

The narrative that the Democratic Party is full of feckless incompetents who none the less engineered a ninth-level screwjob on Bernie must be served at all costs.

They're not incompetent, they're evil.

Incompetence is their own excuse whenever they, for example, promise that bailouts of airlines will come with strong oversight to prevent them from just spending all their cash on executive bonuses and stock buybacks again, then go "oh whoops the bill lets airlines take themselves hostage to prevent all that oversight we promised, gosh we really screwed up this time, ohhh well now we just have to give them free money, gee we're so dumb definitely we're huge morons and this wasn't our goal all along"

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

While true Bernie would have won quite a few states but for Warren. Texas and Washington are the biggest examples.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Extremely hopeful the Congressional Progressive Caucus can leverage Pelosi stepping down to get her onto the leadership team. DCCC or even Assistant Speaker with Lujan eyeing Udall's seat.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Certainly earned that red text.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

https://twitter.com/farhip/status/1248615972388265984?s=19

https://twitter.com/davidminpdx/status/1248342051617267712?s=19

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Land to corn ratio equals...

CORN... suck that syrup... muricka corn gently caress yeah!...

LET'S GET THAT MOTHERFUCKING CORN BROTHER, HELLLS YEAH, WOO!

I dont' even know what's going on but CORN loving hells yeah
LET'S GET THE CORN

PIERCE THE HEAVENS WITH YOUR CORN

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1248697421607075840

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Jesus tittyfucking Christ this stupid motherfucker.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
i am the smartest germ

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1248697421607075840

Wow, antibiotics dont work on viruses?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

You gotta hand it to the killer virus.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

haveblue posted:

Depends on local laws, but generally yes. A tech billionare lost a high-profile case like this in California and was ordered to stop blocking public access to "his" beach.
In Oregon the beaches are legally public highways. This is why the Department of Transportation famously was responsible for exploding a whale carcass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

:cripes: