Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I suspect the majority of the people doing that won't be out of work they'll be like, demented old people who would otherwise spend all the money on commemorative plates with the queen mum on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

My mum had one of the gigantic home cinema CRTs and donated it to me when she got her first flatscreen. I have no idea how you're supposed to move them without a forklift, we could barely shift it with three people.

I remember seeing a loving *huge* CRT TV being delivered to a penthouse in a block opposite my office. I'd estimate the box was at least 150cms on a side, probably closer to 175 (5'8ish for those still on old money). It required 8 blokes and a cherry picker to get it on to the balcony (4 on the balcony, 4 in the cradle) and the box was big enough it couldn't actually go in the cradle and so was sitting on the guard rail with the blokes frantically hanging on to it. With much sweating and swearing they managed to get it onto the balcony, and only then realised the doors opened outwards and they couldn't open them. That was one of the best afternoons of my working life, to be honest.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

I suspect the majority of the people doing that won't be out of work they'll be like, demented old people who would otherwise spend all the money on commemorative plates with the queen mum on them.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Can I just say I appreciate all the people saying "You shouldn't criticise the PM at a time of national crisis, you wouldn't criticise Churchill would you?" apparently completely unaware of how the fat racist got the job?

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
A guy I was working alongside today said that he hopes Boris gets better soon, because he needs to get back to running the country.
Apparently, this is important because when he does, he can get the money into the right places to make sure we all get PPE. And that it's important he gets well because (and I wish I was making this up) "there's no chance of that if Labour get in".

Hard to believe someone could be that thick and still manage to find their way to work, but once the Covid-19 crisis is over, he's looking forward to being able to finish the final stage of becoming a prison officer. At which point, my brain just went "Ah, of course".

:psyduck:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The country is like a car and if the PM isn't constantly turning the wheel and pressing the pedals then it doesn't go.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

XMNN posted:

like I can understand the argument that people using parks or whatever in a way that they couldn't if everyone else was doing the same is selfish, because everyone else is abstaining and you're taking advantage of that, but that just looks like a random bit of verge to me?

It is. It's right opposite my house, people walk their dogs along there but it's not used for anything else. There's plenty of room to go past the dude, he's not in anyone's way unless they deliberately walk by him.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Brazil looks at the UK and says "Hold my <I can't think of a Brazilian drink>".

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1248667275554627587

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

To be fair that's exactly how I'd talk to reporters too :v:

But lol if it knocks him out.

Also enjoy that portuguese for pregnancy test is "teste de gravidez"

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Sad King Billy posted:

I don't know if you have seen this, but words fail me?

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/getwellboris

https://www.harrods.com/en-gb/shopping/purdey-sterling-silver-duelling-cufflinks-14993074

No mention of engraving on their site.
Engraving doesn't cost £300, and its going to a really tiny on loving cufflinks

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

My mum had one of the gigantic home cinema CRTs and donated it to me when she got her first flatscreen. I have no idea how you're supposed to move them without a forklift, we could barely shift it with three people.

I had to get a 40" odd CRT TV into my dads flat. It just about fit through the backdoor so I thought I'd lift it onto my chest, walk it through the door that lead into his living room and gently put it on the near by settee before putting it on the TV stand. As soon as I rested it on my chest I realised that I couldn't expand my chest anymore so couldn't breath and had to calmly panic as I rushed through the door as carefully as I could.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

OwlFancier posted:

I don't disagree with this, but I will say I've seen plenty of evidence here in the States of just how willing poor people are to throw money at rich people for no actual reason (televangelists, Trump, etc.), simply because they're "on our team" or they have some religious justification, or because they're a fervent believer in the cult, or whatever. There's probably at least a few unemployed rubes who're willing to spend money they could otherwise put to beneficial use for their own family because of Are Boris.

I think one of my favorite parody ads I saw in Viz (back when I spent a couple of years in the UK) was for a similar thing, with the form saying "I am elderly and live alone with ten cats, please deduct £49.99 every month from my pension in perpetuity" or something along those lines.

e: Let's have a whip-round (as you Brits might say :v:) and get this so we can gift it to your brave leader and America's good buddy, Joris Bohnson.

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Apr 10, 2020

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think if I had too much money I'd definitely try and find some of the old Skymall insanity they used to have on the SA front page like the life size sarcophagus.

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Brazil looks at the UK and says "Hold my <I can't think of a Brazilian drink>".

Caipirinha?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

EmptyVessel posted:

Define "worship" :v:
Source/Author for Mary and Mariology - Oxford Divinity?
I've gone down a rabbit hole of less than academic citations citing other citations in circular loops, but I've got one with some gravitas now.

The Rev. Francis Xavier Weiser, S.J. has written some things (some academic, some pop, and some possibly entirely in Latin, but I've no idea what Holy Ghost hole would be other than presumably something something Spiritus Sancti) on the matter of Holy Ghost Holes in medieval ecclesiastical architecture (and medieval Catholic religious theatrics).

Unrelated, he was also one of the "the language in comic books will destroy the minds of children" lot, lol.

quote:

Meanwhile the choir sang the sequence. At its conclusion the dove came to rest, hanging suspended in the middle of the church. There followed a “rain” of flowers indicating the gifts of the Holy Spirit, and of water symbolizing baptism. In some towns of central Europe people even went so far as to drop pieces of burning wick or straw from the Holy Ghost Hole, to represent the flaming tongues of Pentecost. This practice, however, was eventually stopped because it tended to put the people on fire externally, instead of internally as the Holy Spirit had done at Jerusalem. In the thirteenth century in many cathedrals of France real white pigeons were released during the singing of the sequence and new around in the church while roses were dropped from the Holy Ghost Hole.

And here's a video of that happening in Rome, but that I think would be the oculus rather than a specific hole for ghosts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LRw6xbfFPo

Doves from above and holes for ghosts, likely. Live pigeons being shoved through a hole in the roof, less likely, despite apparently widespread American Protestant belief, that's probably a cross between the 'live pigeons released' and 'roses dropped through the hole'. Citrus worship amongst the tribes of rural England, definite.

Mano posted:

Caipirinha?
Isn't that the Brazilian dance where you fight large rodents?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Needs updating with two of the windows covered in racing green steel covers and one also with a steel cover but unpainted.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

OwlFancier posted:

Needs updating with two of the windows covered in racing green steel covers and one also with a steel cover but unpainted.

For only the low low price of £60*!

*per month**
**for an indefinite period of time

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

I love that the cufflink guy doesn't explicitly say they're going to Johnson - I'd love for him to just buy some lovely cufflinks and point out this fulfils the pledge.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The roof missing tiles is a good touch though, I keep going past a place in dormanstown with half the roof collapsed. Reminds me of growing up at granny's :v:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Might they be cufflinks of Boris Johnson rather than for him? That'd explain the cost, but if I was ripping off a bunch of the public the last thing I'd want is a pair of custom fabricated Boris cufflinks.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

big scary monsters posted:

What legislation has there been so far granting police additional powers and creating new crimes related to quarantine and infection. Or under what existing legislation are police harassing people out shopping and sitting in their gardens? Does someone have a good summary?
OK I took a look and there are, in England, three main pieces of legislation relating to emergency provisions due to coronavirus, as well as a whole host of other administrative ones. The big one is the Coronavirus Act 2020, which is extremely long and tedious and concerns itself with amending previous legislation to allow important but boring stuff like rush registration of nurses, allowing deaths to be registered without in-person meetings, allowing courts to conduct business through teleconferencing, closing schools, and so on. It's all about systems and organisations and not really about imposing restrictions on individual liberties. There are two statutory instruments that do that.

Firstly, The Health Protection (Coronavirus) Regulations 2020 is the one that allows for people to be quarantined. It has provisions to enforce testing by various health officials, to isolate people at home or in another suitable facility, and empowers the police to make people go to hospital if they're suspected of being infected and to detain them there until they can be tested and assessed. Then, The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020 is the one that places restrictions on everyone else, healthy or no. It replaces the earlier business closure order The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Business Closure) (England) Regulations 2020 and outlines which businesses must close and which can stay open. It prohibits gatherings of more than two people not from the same household except in a few cases like funerals, moving house and legal proceedings. And it imposes a bunch of restrictions on movement - you can't leave the house without a good reason, more or less in line with what everyone thinks that means. A couple of these in particular:

(a)to obtain basic necessities, including food and medical supplies for those in the same household (including any pets or animals in the household) or for vulnerable persons and supplies for the essential upkeep, maintenance and functioning of the household, or the household of a vulnerable person, or to obtain money, including from any business listed in Part 3 of Schedule 2;
So possibly the police might have a leg to stand on if people are going out solely for the purpose of buying things that are not basic necessities, whatever that might mean.

(b)to take exercise either alone or with other members of their household;
Note that there is no restriction in terms of time or amount of exercise; the curtain twitchers snitching on people who aren't sticking to once a day for one hour or less can jog on.

(d)to provide care or assistance, including relevant personal care within the meaning of paragraph 7(3B) of Schedule 4 to the Safeguarding of Vulnerable Groups Act 2006(1), to a vulnerable person, or to provide emergency assistance;
I think a couple people ITT have been concerned about this - you can still help out vulnerable friends or family if you need to.

If you break the movement restrictions the police can fine you sixty quid, reduced to thirty if you pay within fourteen days. I think that's it.

The Act applies to the whole of the UK; it's a devolved matter but Scotland and Wales both assented to it. Scotland passed some additional stuff about evictions, bankruptcies and Scotlaw-specific stuff. Wales brought a similar statutory instrument to England, but also closed off a bunch of public land and gave "relevant persons" the power to enter private premises if they suspect the rules are being broken there. Scotland's statutory instrument looks to more or less follow England's.

I didn't read Northern Ireland's legislation because I don't really understand what goes on there, sorry.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

OwlFancier posted:

How do they get the pigeons back out of the church afterwards? Or do they just wait for them to die?

Probably homing birds, so they'd go back to their cotes when they found their way out.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

endlessmonotony posted:

We're both technically incorrect.

There is a reason Trinitrons are the desired collector's items for this purpose though.

Was it Sony or Samsung that had the flatscreen monitors with the two tensioning wires across the screen? I loved those monitors, but some people always found the wires annoying.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tensioning wires? Why does a telly need a tensioning wire?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

OwlFancier posted:

These were large flatscreen monitors, not teles.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'd be curious if you have a picture cos I'm genuinely not sure what purpose a tensioning wire serves on any kind of display unless you're hanging it like a mirror :v:

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

I've gone down a rabbit hole of less than academic citations citing other citations in circular loops, but I've got one with some gravitas now.

The Rev. Francis Xavier Weiser, S.J. has written some things (some academic, some pop, and some possibly entirely in Latin, but I've no idea what Holy Ghost hole would be other than presumably something something Spiritus Sancti) on the matter of Holy Ghost Holes in medieval ecclesiastical architecture (and medieval Catholic religious theatrics).

Unrelated, he was also one of the "the language in comic books will destroy the minds of children" lot, lol.

And here's a video of that happening in Rome, but that I think would be the oculus rather than a specific hole for ghosts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LRw6xbfFPo

Doves from above and holes for ghosts, likely. Live pigeons being shoved through a hole in the roof, less likely, despite apparently widespread American Protestant belief, that's probably a cross between the 'live pigeons released' and 'roses dropped through the hole'. Citrus worship amongst the tribes of rural England, definite.

Cheers. I was doing something similar - that text you quoted is word for word on the Wikipedia entry for Pentecost but seems to be originally sourced from an Anglican webpage. An image from that video illustrates a Pentecostalist sites description of the Holy Spirit Hole as used in 10th century Rome specifically.

Wonder if Rev. Weiser is connected to the esoteric/occult publishers favoured by the OTO. Your quote seems to be from his Holyday Book based on a chunk of it on CatholicCulture.org. If he's this Rev. Francis Xavier Weiser, S.J. he's an Austrian Catholic writing in America for Americans, and was based there from the late 30s. His bio also features this incredible statement "I was born in Vienna, Austria, in 1901. At that time the city was still the gay capital of a famous empire." which could imply he's from some amazing parallel universe.
This sentence is also pretty good "When the Nazis occupied Austria in 1938, Catholic youth work was made wellnigh impossible." How much you trust a Jesuit is entirely another matter.

EmptyVessel fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Apr 10, 2020

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

In any colour display system you need a way to keep the three beams (red green and blue) only hitting the right phosphor dot, otherwise you just get a big mess.

The old fashioned way was a shadow mask, literally a big sheet of metal with a ton of holes drilled in it. They blocked most of the electrons too, so they got hot and dimmed the picture a fair bit, and they were hard to machine for a fine dot pitch without ridiculous expense.

The new hip way was an aperture grill, which is a bunch of fine vertical wires under tension. But they could (like any wire under tension like a piano) end up vibrating due to sounds and mess up the picture. So the solution was a couple of damping wires across them horizontally. But these also block some of the electrons, so on some monitor technologies you'll see them as two fine horizontal lines across the screen.

OK I took a look and there are, in England, three main pieces of legislation relating to emergency provisions due to coronavirus, as well as a whole host of other administrative ones. The big one is the Coronavirus Act 2020, which is extremely long and tedious and concerns itself with amending previous legislation to allow important but boring stuff like rush registration of nurses, allowing deaths to be registered without in-person meetings, allowing courts to conduct business through teleconferencing, closing schools, and so on. It's all about systems and organisations and not really about imposing restrictions on individual liberties. There are two statutory instruments that do that.
Which is the one that allows only one doctor to section you? That sounds like it's the bit where Windrush scale fuckups are likely to happen.

I didn't read Northern Ireland's legislation because I don't really understand what goes on there, sorry.
According to my uncle, sectarianism and police being dicks to you because "your face looks like one on the list that you can't see." That was a few years back though.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

OwlFancier posted:

To provide tension? :v:

Guavanaut posted:

In any colour display system you need a way to keep the three beams (red green and blue) only hitting the right phosphor dot, otherwise you just get a big mess.

The old fashioned way was a shadow mask, literally a big sheet of metal with a ton of holes drilled in it. They blocked most of the electrons too, so they got hot and dimmed the picture a fair bit, and they were hard to machine for a fine dot pitch without ridiculous expense.

The new hip way was an aperture grill, which is a bunch of fine vertical wires under tension. But they could (like any wire under tension like a piano) end up vibrating due to sounds and mess up the picture. So the solution was a couple of damping wires across them horizontally. But these also block some of the electrons, so on some monitor technologies you'll see them as two fine horizontal lines across the screen.

Huh, so that's why my granny's old telly had those lines!

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I haven't done any officially yet but I'm pretty sure my car insurance doesn't cover me to be volunteering for vulnerable people during a pandemic?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I haven't done any officially yet but I'm pretty sure my car insurance doesn't cover me to be volunteering for vulnerable people during a pandemic?

Speak to your insurer. As long as it's not for hire or reward you should be fine, but you need to tell them.

That's how it was when I did the bloodbiking.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Most insurance companies are allowing it, there will be something on their website if they have any sense and don't want their call centres to be anymore overwhelmed than they already are.

Angrymog posted:

Speak to your insurer. As long as it's not for hire or reward you should be fine, but you need to tell them.

That's how it was when I did the bloodbiking.

Please don't phone your insurer unless you can't find it in black and white on whatever special coronavirus page they've got set up, those poor bastards on the phones are getting enough lovely phone calls. The (very large) company I work for in a thankfully not phone-based role has published a statement that's almost verbatim "yes you can use your car for volunteering, don't bother calling us, shits crazy".

VVVVV - can't speak for all of them but we're still paying full salary to every single employee even if they can't work right now because they don't have the capability to work from home (since we've closed all our offices) and we've also agreed higher rates for a ton of suppliers to try and keep them open too. There's no windfall here for any company who want to still be open after all this is done with.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Apr 10, 2020

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Ok will do. That's interesting, I only just thought about it when my phone wanted me to read a story about how insurers are about to see a billion pound windfall from underutilized cars still being proper insured.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

NotJustANumber99 posted:

It's worth checking, I assumed my really basic insurance wouldn't cover it but it does and apparently most motor insurance covers everything except commercial use.

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Ok will do. That's interesting, I only just thought about it when my phone wanted me to read a story about how insurers are about to see a billion pound windfall from underutilized cars still being proper insured.

Heh. I'm sure our premiums will go down accordingly.

I got a preemptive email from them saying go wild with the volunteering and no need to call them.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

EmptyVessel posted:

How much you trust a Jesuit is entirely another matter.
I was a bit worried that since it was mainly American Pentecostals and such throwing it around it may have been a weird sectarian thing going on, but since the ultra-Prods, the Anglicans, and a Jesuit all claim it was a thing that happened I think that makes it more trustworthy.

Strange Old Catholic trivia is also something I'd trust Jesuits to know more than most about. That and seismology.

I'm sure I read that the belief of the time was that simultaneously with the earthly action of throwing lit wicks or rose petals through the hole, there was a very real (at least as real as the belief in actual bodily resurrection and the intercession of the saints, not just theatrical or symbolic) descent of the actual Holy Ghost specifically through that hole, as upon the Apostles at Jerusalem, but I can't find further evidence of that. Maybe the Reverend from the gay capital has written more about that.

Of course, I can't prove whether that's real or not without some equipment that's more Sir William Crookes' area.

Ms Adequate posted:

Huh, so that's why my granny's old telly had those lines!
iirc it was only really the high end TVs like Trinitron and computer monitors for graphics work that used it until the last days of CRTs, because they're fiddly as gently caress and expensive to get the damping right (and Sony was a right bastard with the patents to do any of that without a ton of R&D). Trinitron tubes have been around since the late 60s though so it could have been.

Most consumer CRT TVs just went with increasingly weirdly shaped shadow masks until the 90s (coincidentally with the patents expiring).

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Guavanaut posted:

Which is the one that allows only one doctor to section you? That sounds like it's the bit where Windrush scale fuckups are likely to happen.
Do you mean sectioning in the mental health sense? I haven't seen anything relating to that. But yeah under The Health Protection (Coronavirus) Regulations 2020 one "registered public health consultant" can have you detained for coronavirus testing and potentially quarantined.

quote:

Detention of persons by the Secretary of State or a registered public health consultant
4.—(1) Where Condition A or B is met in relation to a person (“P”), the Secretary of State or a registered public health consultant may, for the purposes of screening, assessment and the imposition of any restrictions or requirements under regulation 5, impose on P a requirement to be detained until the later of—

(a)the end of the period of 48 hours beginning with the time from which P’s detention under this regulation begins;
(b)such time as any screening requirements imposed on or in relation to P under regulation 5(1) have been complied with and the assessment referred to in that regulation carried out in relation to P.
(2) Condition A is that—

(a)the Secretary of State or a registered public health consultant has reasonable grounds to believe that P is, or may be, infected or contaminated with Coronavirus; and
(b)the Secretary of State or a registered public health consultant considers that there is a risk that P might infect or contaminate others.
(3) Condition B is that P—

(a)has arrived in England on an aircraft, ship or train from outside the United Kingdom, whether directly or via Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales; and
(b)has left, or the Secretary of State or a registered public health consultant has reasonable grounds to believe P has left, an infected area within the 14 day period immediately preceding the date of P’s arrival in England.

quote:

Isolation of persons suspected to be infected with Coronavirus
8.—(1) This regulation applies where Condition A or B (set out in regulation 4) is met in relation to a person (“P”).

(2) The Secretary of State or a registered public health consultant may require P to be kept in isolation, if the Secretary of State or, as the case may be, registered public health consultant —

(a)has reasonable grounds to believe that P is, or may be, infected or contaminated with Coronavirus; and
(b)considers that it is necessary and proportionate to do so in order to reduce or remove the risk of P infecting or contaminating others.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

History Comes Inside! posted:

Please don't phone your insurer unless you can't find it in black and white on whatever special coronavirus page they've got set up, those poor bastards on the phones are getting enough lovely phone calls. The (very large) company I work for in a thankfully not phone-based role has published a statement that's almost verbatim "yes you can use your car for volunteering, don't bother calling us, shits crazy".

Good to hear that they're being sensible.

On a related note, anyone think there's going to be a massive spate of car accidents once everyone is driving again?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Do you mean sectioning in the mental health sense? I haven't seen anything relating to that. But yeah under The Health Protection (Coronavirus) Regulations 2020 one "registered public health consultant" can have you detained for coronavirus testing and potentially quarantined.
I think what it was wasn't so much a new piece of legislation, but that the existing 1983 Mental Health Act (which most mental health advocacy groups believe is outdated and unfit for purpose, is racist and sexist in effect if not in intent, and has been independently reviewed as needing change but this has not been implemented yet) contains mechanisms that allow it to be vastly expanded with reduced oversight should an emergency period be proclaimed, but that's not yet happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
It's quite impressive seeing the news saying we've had 9000 deaths and the global death toll has now surpassed 100,000. So at this rate in a day or two our little nation will be able to claim 10% of the global deaths from coronavirus.