Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Bane's mumbling was actually an apology. Or him just telling Harley about his week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Man, I wouldn't mind Harley killing most of the other villains, but I do hope she spares bane, and if possible, Mr. Freeze as well.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
There's only one villain she really needs to team up with.

https://i.imgur.com/NCwcgl1.mp4

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

BlackIronHeart posted:

There's only one villain she really needs to team up with.

https://i.imgur.com/NCwcgl1.mp4

It didn't embed but it's Kite Man isn't it?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

twistedmentat posted:

It didn't embed but it's Kite Man isn't it?

Hell yeah.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I just started watching this show, but it's great.

CommissarMega posted:

Man, I wouldn't mind Harley killing most of the other villains, but I do hope she spares bane, and if possible, Mr. Freeze as well.

Bane is absolutely joining Harley's gang, I hope Freeze survives too but his fate is a little more dubious at this point.

Edit:

You know who else I want to see join Harley's gang? Jim Gordon

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Apr 6, 2020

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I think the first episode in the previous season was also pretty bad, so this has plenty of room to turn around.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

The show's lifeblood is the interactions between the main cast and we didn't get much that here cause of all the setup. Hopefully, it'll pick up once they have more room to bounce off each other.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Monaghan posted:

I like how that the bar they were hanging out was at Noonan's from the Hitman Comic. Hitman is great and Tommy Monaghan and his crew should show up in other media.

This is the show that could get Dog Welder as a side character and have him still be the least weird.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've been waiting for a Hitman animated series for like 20 years.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Skippy McPants posted:

The show's lifeblood is the interactions between the main cast and we didn't get much that here cause of all the setup. Hopefully, it'll pick up once they have more room to bounce off each other.

Yeah, this episode reminded me of the Season 1 premiere, too much violence and swearing, too much set up. The best eps of Season 1 were the ones where the crew had a lot to do together.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
The plot of Harley not wanting to take over at first really annoyed me. What are we watching for if when you win you just go "meh, dont want the prize"? Her big victory is eventually starving to death in a chaotic city cut off from the world? Also the goon rebellion plot lasting all of like 6 minutes was weak. The awkward set up is out of the way though, back to business next week.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Blaise330 posted:

The plot of Harley not wanting to take over at first really annoyed me. What are we watching for if when you win you just go "meh, dont want the prize"?
She's never wanted to take over the city though? Her idea that everyone would just do whatever they want and no one would seize power may be unrealistic, but it's not out of character.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, she's a hedonist, not a mastermind. There's a genuine open question over whether she actually wants to be a crime-lord with the attendant responsibilities.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Slow start but still funny. After Clayface's obvious presence and Penguin being oblivious, I laughed myself stupid at the increasingly absurd placements of the crew that no one questioned, most of all at Psycho sitting on King Shark's shoulders.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Chokes McGee posted:

Slow start but still funny. After Clayface's obvious presence and Penguin being oblivious, I laughed myself stupid at the increasingly absurd placements of the crew that no one questioned, most of all at Psycho sitting on King Shark's shoulders.

Non-conforming body types are quite common in his line of work. A dude with broad shoulders and a small head doesn't really turn... Well, it doesn't turn heads in the criminal underworld of Gotham, y'know?

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

IDK, post-apocalyptic Gotham might have been more fun if we weren't actually in the apocalypse.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Education is power.
And so are electricity and water.

Just an all around great episode.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I think the greatest twist the show could do would be Harley taking over Gotham but then having to actually take care of it. Like, congrats, you are Queen of the City, now there are about 15 million people who are counting on you to get them through this lovely time. Harley Quinn, the clown stuck in Admin.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

PeterCat posted:

IDK, post-apocalyptic Gotham might have been more fun if we weren't actually in the apocalypse.

Yeah, I imagine they didn't plan for the real life context when they were writing this a year ago.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
The B-plot with King Shark and Psycho isfantastic, they are both great. Also I love the sound of "Bane goons".

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Angry Lobster posted:

The B-plot with King Shark and Psycho isfantastic, they are both great. Also I love the sound of "Bane goons".

It's pronounced "Bane-ton."

Also, Clayface really is "gender fluid," broke his purity ring for that bastard Chad.

PeterCat fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Apr 10, 2020

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Good episode and I'm glad they're not killing every villain. Barbara and Gordon were superb too.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I'm glad they didn't kill off Riddler, now I can still enjoy Jim Rash being snarky. Batgirl is also looking like a fun addition to the cast.

Clayface was the breakout star of this episode, a true thespian.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wow, I was just wishlisting the Batgirl thing, but then hey, second episode. Ivy and Babs seemed to know each other, did I miss something in the first season?

At least the mouse lived this time.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

twistedmentat posted:

Wow, I was just wishlisting the Batgirl thing, but then hey, second episode. Ivy and Babs seemed to know each other, did I miss something in the first season?

At least the mouse lived this time.

Uh, bad news about the mouse. But good news about an excellent episode all around !

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Which villains do you think will get to live and which ones do you think will be killed off? My guess: Bane will absolutely get to live (he's perfect for generating power on a hamster wheel), Mr. Freeze will probably get to live as well, and if they're going to kill off anyone else off for real it's going to be Two Face.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Which villains do you think will get to live and which ones do you think will be killed off? My guess: Bane will absolutely get to live (he's perfect for generating power on a hamster wheel), Mr. Freeze will probably get to live as well, and if they're going to kill off anyone else off for real it's going to be Two Face.

I'm not sure how many episodes they can keep Mr. Freeze on for, Since I'd imagine Alfred Molina's fees are pretty big.

Swollen Member
Aug 4, 2019

You know you want it...

Now that they've started going down this alternate road, I think anything is possible. I think that the Riddler will live, at least for now. And I think that Kite-man will die.
There are still plenty of loose ends that could come into play. What happened to Batman and Joker? Will the Justice League stay stuck in fairyland? Will Gordon get his poo poo together? And now Batgirl is in the game too. It will be fun to see how it plays out.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I just understood the extra level of joke behind the Riddler being a dean.

Also, there was an AMA on reddit from Justin Halpern about a month ago. Someone asked him about anti-semitism and he answered.

quote:

I'm glad you asked this. I'm jewish, and more than half the writing staff is jewish. In episode two, which I've seen people say they felt was anti-Semitic because of it's portrayal of the Penguin, we honestly thought all of those jokes were super-villain related jokes. Stealing the bag of money, etc. In retrospect I can definitely see where people could infer something different than that, but in the room, five jewish writers all sat and wrote those jokes and it didn't ring any bells for us.

As far as the jewish lightning joke, that was brought up because it was something someone's jewish grandpa used to say, and it felt like this weird old-timey phrase that for sure is anti-Semitic, but when appropriated by a jewish character and written by jewish writers, felt to us like it was more of a mr. burns type joke. An out of touch character who grew up in the 1940s as a Jew is the one saying it. I think if one of our current characters said it, it would have felt like what you were saying. It's a fine line for sure, and for people who felt it crossed that line, I wouldn't want to invalidate those feelings. I can tell you that a big part of being jewish and dealing with anti-semitism for me and the other writers, is being able to be self-deprecating and poke fun at ourselves, because in a way that feels empowering and takes the power out of the hands of people who hate jews.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Swollen Member posted:

And I think that Kite-man will die.

Nooooooooooo :smith:

I mean I can see it happening, but I won't like it. As much as I want Harley and Ivy to date, I really don't like the idea of Kiteman being killed off. My dream scenario is he and Ivy break up on friendly terms, she starts dating Harley, and Kiteman gets a new boyfriend. Maximize the bisexual representation!

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Apr 11, 2020

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nooooooooooo :smith:

I mean I can see it happening, but I won't like it. As much as I want Harley and Ivy to date, I really don't like the idea of Kiteman being killed off. My dream scenario is he and Ivy break up on friendly terms, she starts dating Harley, and Kiteman gets a new boyfriend. Maximize the bisexual representation!

Ivy gives Clayface permission to transform into his most ambitious role yet!

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Angry Lobster posted:

Those two in Bane gear was somehow was the funniest thing this show has shown me

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'd like if Harley's crew were already in good with Bane simply because half of them passed his initiation.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
I don't know why Harley and Ivy vibing to the party mix got me so good but it really did. What a great gag.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

So here's something super weird that nobody mentioned or probably noticed...

In the first ep of the new season, the gang is escaping with Harley. This is the first shot of their escape:

They exit through the door and the camera cuts to this shot:

Ivy is talking and after 1 second you here a very strange squish noise... but nothing is animating here other than them running and Ivy's mouth.

I have to assume that there was supposed to be an animation of Clayface transforming from the waiter into his own body because that's completely missing in all this and the squish sound effect seems to match up with what you'd hear when he transforms. Weird that somehow the sound effect made it in but the animation didn't!

Also Clayface basically won all of episode 2. This show's still got it!

itry
Aug 23, 2019

BlackIronHeart posted:

I don't know why Harley and Ivy vibing to the party mix got me so good but it really did. What a great gag.

It's their super serious facial expressions.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I love how the super villains in this show often find each other ridiculous but completely fail to see the absurdity of their own gimmicks. Like they're all mostly pretty genre-savvy but lack any self-awareness.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

Those two in Bane gear was somehow was the funniest thing this show has shown me

I thought they had turned into luchadores when they first came back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Randaconda posted:

I thought they had turned into luchadores when they first came back

They did. That's what Bane boys are.