Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Owlbear Camus posted:

Any suggestions on things to make this completely idiotic deck do the idiotic thing I'm trying to do a little smoother?

Karn and wishboard junk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Owlbear Camus posted:

Any suggestions on things to make this completely idiotic deck do the idiotic thing I'm trying to do a little smoother?

(suggestions to add blue artifact synergies will be met with the same obstinance as dril replying to the candle tweet.)

I have found Crashing Drawbridge is good in this deck because it gives all your dudes haste and enables overseer activations straight away

Samael fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Apr 10, 2020

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Owlbear Camus posted:

(suggestions to add blue artifact synergies will be met with the same obstinance as dril replying to the candle tweet.)

have you tried adding blue cards

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

This... seems like it's actually good.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Sampatrick posted:

have you tried adding blue cards

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

TheMaestroso posted:

Lol, eat poo poo Healing Salve

cant prevent damage

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Kurieg posted:

If nothing else the flavor is immensely good.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Kurtofan posted:

cant prevent damage

Strictly worse when lightning bolt is targeting a creature

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

Trying to think of things to run in some jank build with Capridon. Deafening clarion, blazing volley, solar flare, storms wrath, underworld fires, gates ablaze?

Can't think of any other creatures that shrug off or redirect damage besides Truefire Captain though.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

:v:

He conceded after the 4th snek

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Owlbear Camus posted:

Have you considered waiting a week and playing Umori

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
https://twitter.com/SebMcKinnon/status/1246081937887965185

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Mat Cauthon posted:

Trying to think of things to run in some jank build with Capridon. Deafening clarion, blazing volley, solar flare, storms wrath, underworld fires, gates ablaze?

Can't think of any other creatures that shrug off or redirect damage besides Truefire Captain though.

Haktos, maybe

Stonecoil if the damage is multicoloured

Cerulean Drake

Tajic prevents noncombat for your other creatures

red fight cards like Joust/Go For Blood is noncombat damage

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Have you considered waiting a week and playing Umori

It would violate the purity of my colorless land theme, but on the other hand it might actually be possible to make the deck good-ish, instead of a meme.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

that rules

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Owlbear Camus posted:

It would violate the purity of my colorless land theme, but on the other hand it might actually be possible to make the deck good-ish, instead of a meme.

it's still not going to be good-ish

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

it's still not going to be good-ish

I think it will be the best Robot Deck in standard, actually.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

Lone Goat posted:

Haktos, maybe

Stonecoil if the damage is multicoloured

Cerulean Drake

Tajic prevents noncombat for your other creatures

red fight cards like Joust/Go For Blood is noncombat damage

Good suggestions, thanks.

There's also Marauding Raptor, which brings the Capridon in bigger.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Mat Cauthon posted:

Good suggestions, thanks.

There's also Marauding Raptor, which brings the Capridon in bigger.

that pro white berserker also dodges the WR sweepers

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Kurieg posted:

eh, its no blistercoil wierd, 4 mana is kind of when youre running low on cards in the type of deck that likes to go big with these effects

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

lol he sprang for the expensive Golden acrylic mediums but bought the cheapest paint he could find at Hobby Lobby.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
wonder what his reference on the phone is

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/murk_lurker/status/1248714913834340352?s=21

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Rinkles posted:

wonder what his reference on the phone is

Probably his initial draft

https://twitter.com/SebMcKinnon/status/1246081927037300738

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

Pretty interesting. Feels like the card definitely came down a bit, those UWR, 3 loyalty initial iterations are a little bonkers.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Just created an inadvertent loop with dinos.dec. Barge in with Gisath, vomit a bunch of dinos onto the battlefield, including Marauding Raptor and Polyraptor, both manditory triggers. I really wonder what would have happened if he hadn't conceded when he saw what was happening, because I literally had no way to shut the Polyraptor machine off. Would the game have roped me out?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Owlbear Camus posted:

Just created an inadvertent loop with dinos.dec. Barge in with Gisath, vomit a bunch of dinos onto the battlefield, including Marauding Raptor and Polyraptor, both manditory triggers. I really wonder what would have happened if he hadn't conceded when he saw what was happening, because I literally had no way to shut the Polyraptor machine off. Would the game have roped me out?

a normal (nonarena) game would end in a draw, no idea what would happen on arena. try it against sparky?

or if you want to try it against a person, because there's no rope with sparky

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Winota, Joiner of Forces is an incredibly powerful card. I have no idea what the correct build for her looks like, though, or even if there is a good one for this Standard.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Winota, Joiner of Forces is an incredibly powerful card. I have no idea what the correct build for her looks like, though, or even if there is a good one for this Standard.

For a 90% or higher trigger chance you want on average 19 humans in a 60 card deck (this gives a 91% chance of pulling one every swing).

Since Winota is a human and you probably don't want to pull her the numbers are closer to 23 humans.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Lone Goat posted:

a normal (nonarena) game would end in a draw, no idea what would happen on arena. try it against sparky?

It looped about 27 times and started prompting me to resolve the trigger, then after about 3 more it resulted in a draw.

Only ever created a gamestate like that once before, in paper, playing vapire tribal Commander and getting out the Sanguine Sacrement/Exquisite Blood wincon but one player had a Platinum Angel out.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

For a 90% or higher trigger chance you want on average 19 humans in a 60 card deck (this gives a 91% chance of pulling one every swing).

Since Winota is a human and you probably don't want to pull her the numbers are closer to 23 humans.

Yes I've done the math. One of the interesting things about it is that each non-human that attacks gives you extra triggers while each human in your deck gives you extra chances of succeeding at using the trigger, so it's a lot more complicated than basically every other time we've seen a conditional impulse effect where you just want to hit a threshold of success for the condition.

Also the 2nd Winota is a fine pull in many situations - you get to attack with it as a hasty 4/4 indestructible, even if you don't get a free card.

Edit: Also the 90% number is 18, not 19. Are you calculating for a 60 card deck instead of the 59 cards that is the deck except the Winota you're triggering?

Tom Clancy is Dead fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Apr 10, 2020

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Yes I've done the math. One of the interesting things about it is that each non-human attacking gives you extra triggers while each human in your deck gives you extra chances of succeeding at using the trigger, so it's a lot more complicated than basically every other time we've seen a conditional impulse effect where you just want to hit a threshold of success for the condition.

Also the 2nd Winota is a fine pull in many situations - you get to attack with it as a hasty 4/4 indestructible, even if you don't get a free card.

Edit: Also the 90% number is 18, not 19. Are you calculating for a 60 card deck instead of the 59 cards that is the deck except the Winota you're triggering?

Whoops, yeah I was doing 60 cards.

Either way, it's lot of creatures to run with.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
So the B/R hellion Obosh companion doesn't double the damage Gary can cause because "damage" causes "loss of life" but "loss of life" isn't "damage", right?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

So the B/R hellion Obosh companion doesn't double the damage Gary can cause because "damage" causes "loss of life" but "loss of life" isn't "damage", right?

Correct!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Narset is only the second 3-colour walker in a standard set right? I'm finding it hard to search but I think the others have all been for commander decks.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

BizarroAzrael posted:

Narset is only the second 3-colour walker in a standard set right? I'm finding it hard to search but I think the others have all been for commander decks.

There's one Tamiyo, one Sarkhan, and four Nicol Bolas's (five if you count the flipwalker) that have been three colours and legal in their respective standard formats.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

BizarroAzrael posted:

All Nicol Bolas planeswalker cards
Sarkhan Unbroken
Tamiyo, Field Researcher

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

BizarroAzrael posted:

you can search by modern since every standard set will filter out into modern, but commander won't

here's a search for "more than 2 colours, planeswalker, modern legal

https://scryfall.com/search?q=c%3E2+t%3Aplanes+f%3Amodern

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s mindblowing to me that we have never had a Naya planeswalker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
These standard bant decks are such durdly value

e:I'm watching lsv stream a mirror