Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Ngl, way before this current controversy, the first time I saw the Surgeon General my initial thought was, "This guy's a total uncle Tom.".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

Google Butt posted:

2 American legs

lmao

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

New Jersey?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

turd in my singlet posted:

Sounds similar to what I had. Never had a fever but extreme fatigue and no appetite, plus a weird sore throat that definitely felt different than usual allergy poo poo and chest tightness/got winded doing anything physical at all. Like, second-third weeks of March?

yeah i can't say I was particularly hungry at all. honestly the horrific fatigue and upper back/neck soreness was the worse part by far and that lasted a good 10+ days. i didn't mind the tight chestedness that much.

weirdly my fiance never seemed to have caught whatever I had at all, but then again I wasn't coughing. so who knows. i actually hope it was the 'roni but I guess we'll never know, thanks obama

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1248811923589734401

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
my sense of smell is def still wonky but i never lost it completely and i can taste okay

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

How do I win the Jeep

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

empty whippet box posted:

Wow, not just 2,000, 2,100. What we we at last friday?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

The eruption of this volcano in the 18th or 19th century caused a worldwide drop in temperature of like 6F and caused massive famine from the shortened growing season. It also created the loudest sounds on earth heard by man.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

God is real and wants us all to fuckin die

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Impkins Patootie posted:

How do I win the Jeep

why

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lookin forward to this speedrun

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Lote posted:

The eruption of this volcano in the 18th or 19th century caused a worldwide drop in temperature of like 6F and caused massive famine from the shortened growing season. It also created the loudest sounds on earth heard by man.

buddy wait til u hear my rear end on bean day

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

the only outlets reporting on the krakatoa eruption are daily mail, "breaking news hub", and the god drat washington examiner

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Please stop making that booming noise and go to bed, Anak Krakatau

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I've seen lots of posts here about chud parents digging in their heels about their beliefs during this crisis but I'm curious to know if anyone's seen the opposite happening?

My mom isn't a hardcore chud or anything but she leans conservative/libertarian. The way Trump's been handling this has crack/pinged her pretty hard. She hates Trump now after initially saying "give him a chance", changed her party affiliation from Republican to Independent (lol), and now she's asking questions about ethical consumption under capitalism.

It probably helps that she works for a major HMO and sees lots of behind the scenes stuff that's going on in the medical field right now.

Edmund Sparkler has issued a correction as of 04:25 on Apr 11, 2020

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Dixville posted:

My hand's getting numb but that always happens when I lay on the couch with my arms bent, for some reason. Always the left hand. I guess I should ask a doctor about it but oh well.

Not a doctor but it's probably claudication. Vascular if you've got heart disease and atherosclerosis, neurological if you've got spinal stenosis. One of these has proven treatment, another is pretty much a coin flip.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

facetoucher cat posted:

Oh hey, there's going to be long track tornadoes this weekend here maybe, can't wait

Hell yeah. Can't wait to respond to a shitzillion trauma calls in a town where no one has isolated.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
Are we up to 10 plagues yet? We're working towards it.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Lote posted:

Was that the one that made people permanently deaf?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

drat, all those New York doctors were labeling car crashes as 'roni deaths for nothing now

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

lol

God is pissed at us loving up his planet.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

hideous english style windmill

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Dixville posted:

My hand's getting numb but that always happens when I lay on the couch with my arms bent

Goon symptoms

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Was that the one that made people permanently deaf?

The one next to it caused the Year WIthout a Summer where it snowed in like July in New England and nobody could grow poo poo.

Also known as the Year 1800 and Froze to Death.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1248751761659252746

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

friendly 2 da void posted:

the only outlets reporting on the krakatoa eruption are daily mail, "breaking news hub", and the god drat washington examiner

this and all the other non-weirdo accounts tweeting videos make it seem like a smallish eruption
https://twitter.com/shannonmstirone/status/1248811612284153859?s=20

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Thinking about braving the epidemic for some Taco Bell.

fast food is usually something i regret in the course of eating it, lol dying from eating it

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

5 thinkers about sucking my rear end dude

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

johns hopkins

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Atrocious Joe posted:

this and all the other non-weirdo accounts tweeting videos make it seem like a smallish eruption

Yeah, as long as everyone's at a safe distance, I'm glad of it.

looks pretty

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

when i hit that loud and open cspam the adam curtis music starts playing

Atrocious Joe posted:

lol third hit on google say it caused similar destruction when it last erupted in...

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000
Looking forward to the drop in reporting over the weekend leading to the "everythings fine" narrative coming in on Monday and Tuesday again

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Asproigerosis posted:

Not a doctor but it's probably claudication. Vascular if you've got heart disease and atherosclerosis, neurological if you've got spinal stenosis. One of these has proven treatment, another is pretty much a coin flip.

Nice. It's interesting that it only happens when i lay on the couch with my arms bent. If i lay in bed the same way it doesn't happen. My guess is some spinal or other nerve thing but I just honestly forget about it whenever it's not happening. Anyway i guess i could call the nurse hotline through my insurance and see how urgent they think it is. I have an appointment with a general practitioner but it's not till may...

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
When's the African locust mega-brood due?

I know next year is when America's Brood X shows up.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Zyme posted:

Looking forward to the drop in reporting over the weekend leading to the "everythings fine" narrative coming in on Monday and Tuesday again

This is why 3 day averages are garbage.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Ross DaouThot posted:

lol third hit on google say it caused similar destruction when it last erupted in...

Okay but I still need to tweet about this like it’s a personal sign about how hard 2020 was already.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

June apparently.

https://twitter.com/KenSofer/status/1248592675487526913

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

https://www.npr.org/2020/02/21/807483297/why-are-swarms-of-locusts-wreaking-havoc-in-east-africa

Why Are Swarms Of Locusts Wreaking Havoc In East Africa?