Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Splicer posted:

Who the gently caress is Splicerb

he sounds cool

You know how clones in the Star Wars EU novels had a double vowel sound in their name to differentiate them? On SA, we just put a "b" on the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Owlbear Camus posted:

central standard

mllaneza posted:

mllaneza - PST

Liars. This is murica. We're on Daylight Savings time.

Also sorry splicer. I didn't mean to put the b in it. I'm using an actual notepad .txt doc.

So:

Pennywise - CDT
Splicer - GMT
Beet Wagon
Xenomrph
Jay_Zombie
HiroProtagonist - EDT
Owlbear Camus - CDT
mllaneza - PDT

We already have enough for a game. We just need someone to take charge. I'm a broken human being so it's unlikely it'll happen through me. We'll have to see what happens though.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Liars. This is murica. We're on Daylight Savings time.

Also sorry splicer. I didn't mean to put the b in it. I'm using an actual notepad .txt doc.

So:

Pennywise - CDT
Splicer - GMT
Beet Wagon
Xenomrph
Jay_Zombie
HiroProtagonist - EDT
Owlbear Camus - CDT
mllaneza - PDT

We already have enough for a game. We just need someone to take charge. I'm a broken human being so it's unlikely it'll happen through me. We'll have to see what happens though.

I'll be your huckleberry. Tomorrow (4/11) 8pm GMT? Should be a good time for the spread we have. Hopefully.

Link the discord again please and I'll edit it in. Discord link: https://discord.gg/7ZEE4eW

HiroProtagonist fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Apr 11, 2020

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I have absolutely no life so I can do that. It'd be 3pm here. Unfortunately I won't be drunk at that time but we'll see how it goes anyway.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I have absolutely no life so I can do that. It'd be 3pm here. Unfortunately I won't be drunk at that time but we'll see how it goes anyway.

I can be drunk then.

Which game are we actually using ? I want to get some practice in with the controls... if I die stupid I want it to be on me, not frantically pressing the wrong buttons.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

mllaneza posted:

I can be drunk then.

Which game are we actually using ? I want to get some practice in with the controls... if I die stupid I want it to be on me, not frantically pressing the wrong buttons.

AvP 2010. From the videos I've seen it looks hilarious. This is my favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOc5i2zIkOw

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I haven't played that game in a decade. Did they ever patch out the "conga lines?"

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
I don't think I ever played that one. What's the multiplayer limit?

e: dang survivor has a 4 player limit? It's 2020 we need like 128 marine survivor mode I'll be the cook.

Shaocaholica fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Apr 11, 2020

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Would it be possible to set a stream up when you guys play? I never watch them so I have no idea if that's a pain in the rear end or not but I'd love to check this game out.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

HiroProtagonist posted:

I'll be your huckleberry. Tomorrow (4/11) 8pm GMT? Should be a good time for the spread we have. Hopefully.

Link the discord again please and I'll edit it in.
I can do 8

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

HiroProtagonist posted:

Link the discord again please and I'll edit it in.

Went back and found Beet Wagon's discord link

https://discord.gg/7ZEE4eW

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Sage advice..

https://twitter.com/SigourneyWRuss/status/1249010576002560001

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
We're shooting aliens get in here

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
We killed all the aliens, it was enjoyable.

FYI AvP 2010 kept blackscreening for me until I disabled steam overlay if anyone else ends up with the same problem.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
It was good clean fun (except if you are not a predator with a plasmacaster :getin:)

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Pennywise - CDT
Splicer - GMT
Beet Wagon
Xenomrph
Jay_Zombie - EDT
HiroProtagonist - EDT
Owlbear Camus - CDT
mllaneza - PDT

Eastern time zone here.

Jay_Zombie fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Apr 11, 2020

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Is it 4 players max in alien killing game mode?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
We did some testing and got everything working. You have to go through steam in order to get it to work. The DLC is really nice for the extra maps. If the person with the DLC creates the game then it'll work for everyone.

I thought it was fun. HiroProtagonist, Splicer, and I played for a little while. We did some survivor rounds which was fun and scary and then a species deathmatch. Everyone did well. Splicer was a Marine, HiroProtagonist was the predator, and I was the alien. It was surprisingly balanced.

I want to do it again. :getin:

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/SigourneyWRuss/status/1249010576002560001?s=19

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Someone may have posted this before but I didn't watch it. It's about the Aliens toys. I'm watching it right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GVbNyRpB8I

edit: the guy is kinda annoying but he shows all of the toys. I didn't realize how many of these I had. Brings back memories.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Apr 13, 2020

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Today I thought about watching the Allen movies trilogy but then I realized what a stupid idea THAT was. So Ridley gets beamed up on the spaceship and probed by the allens? And then a chest hugger comes out of a cat or something? Like who even cares?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Hometown Slime Queen posted:

Today I thought about watching the Allen movies trilogy but then I realized what a stupid idea THAT was. So Ridley gets beamed up on the spaceship and probed by the allens? And then a chest hugger comes out of a cat or something? Like who even cares?

You're a terrible person.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

There's only the two alien movies. You're thinking of something else

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

It's super hosed up when he kills Santa and then becomes Santa.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Jessie Ventura was pretty good in it I guess

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

We did some testing and got everything working. You have to go through steam in order to get it to work. The DLC is really nice for the extra maps. If the person with the DLC creates the game then it'll work for everyone.

I thought it was fun. HiroProtagonist, Splicer, and I played for a little while. We did some survivor rounds which was fun and scary and then a species deathmatch. Everyone did well. Splicer was a Marine, HiroProtagonist was the predator, and I was the alien. It was surprisingly balanced.

I want to do it again. :getin:
Personal favourite moments:
Pennywise's response to me finding a flamethrower.
Being attacked by Pennywise and the two of us being slaughtered by a plasma blast.
Being melee'd by Hiro who was then jumped by Pennywise giving me the opportunity to bullet hell both of them.

Personal least favourite moment:
Actually attempting to use the flamethrower.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
Saw this this morning and thought of this thread (and also Alien[s]).

Lil Devil
Feb 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This thread title would be a lot funnier if it was "Thinkin bout Aliens." Your welcome.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Lil Devil posted:

This thread title would be a lot funnier if it was "Thinkin bout Aliens." Your welcome.

you're* :eng101:

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

HiroProtagonist posted:

Lol they never used those weapons on the alien. I still fantasize about beating one with a steel pipe as it’s wriggling around under a tarp.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

HiroProtagonist posted:

I’m always annoyed at Ash dropping “You do your job, and I’ll do mine” on Ripley like it’s some sick own, when in fact she was and he wasn’t.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Well I mean, he was. His job was to get the alien samples back to Earth.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Lil Devil posted:

That's what I wanted originally but it actually was a copy of a thread called "Thinking about aliens" which was about actual aliens. This thread is way better.

or maybe "Thinkin bout thos Aliens"

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Running my first sesh of the FR RPG on Roll20 tonight.
Those space truckers do not, in a literal sense, know what they're in for! :evilbuddy:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Owlbear Camus posted:

Running my first sesh of the FR RPG on Roll20 tonight.
Those space truckers do not, in a literal sense, know what they're in for! :evilbuddy:

Cool, let us know how it goes.

I want to try another game of AvP 2010. That was fun for the short amount of time we played. Most people are here in the US so anytime is good for me.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
I'm down for tonight. Just @ me in the usual place.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm down for tonight as well.

:getin:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

First session went pretty good. A lot of figuring out the system and stuff but basically I think they were pretty invested and even though they didn't quite follow the bread crumbs the way I expected I was able to adjust on the fly.

If you want to listen to 2.5 hours of dorks pretending to be space truckers and a bigger dork trying to build the atmosphere of a dangerous alien world and failing, this is for you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XnOOqX7KLE

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Speaking of games, has anyone posted this yet? It's a flash version of the Aliens Board Game

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/408816

It's a fun little diversion and pretty tough too. If you play through from the beginning you can end up with some fun alternate timeline stuff, like Apone being at the battle at Operations :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Cool, let us know how it goes.

I want to try another game of AvP 2010. That was fun for the short amount of time we played. Most people are here in the US so anytime is good for me.

I should check this thread more often. I was actually home at a somewhat decent time last night. :(