Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

FilthyImp posted:

Someone posted "Wizards as Wine Snobs" and now I'm obsessed with Frasier cast as DnD characters.

Would Frasier be the saucy rogue?

frasier and niles would be a sorceror and a wizard respectively so they can endlessly snipe at each other over modest differences from these two schools of thought re: magic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

Someone posted "Wizards as Wine Snobs" and now I'm obsessed with Frasier cast as DnD characters.

Would Frasier be the saucy rogue?

S1 Frasier certainly had the hair for it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Niles: Thaumaturgy, Frasier? I've seen more frightening phantasmagoria projected on the scrim during Les Mis

Frasier: You know, I've always wondered if mage hand could remove a head from an rear end--stand still, would you?

Niles: Oh, ha ha. At least I don't have an immovable rod up my own.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Really, Niles, stop it. You are not allergic to Mordenkainen's Faithful Hound.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Surely Lilith would be a Necromancer or demon queen right?

Bebe would max her charisma. Bulldog would be a glass cannon barbarian.

Martin though. . . Paladin? Ranger?

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Kenny would be an NPC.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Daphne is the Psion who's low key more powerful than either of them but she's long given up convincing anyone her powers even exist.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

FilthyImp posted:

Martin though. . . Paladin? Ranger?

ranger definitely because of eddie and there's no way bebe wouldn't be a warlock

i know it's a stereotype but roz being a spoony bard means niles' snipes write themselves

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Ohh magic missile.. REALLY NILES

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

hard counter posted:

ranger definitely because of eddie and there's no way bebe wouldn't be a warlock

i know it's a stereotype but roz being a spoony bard means niles' snipes write themselves

Bit funny since in the latest D&D edition Bards are apparently OP as gently caress.

Am I the only one who doesn't mind Daphne's psychic powers? At least when they're really funny.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

niles: maris once tried her hand at necromancy but ultimately gave it up because the skeletons she was raising were too portly for her taste

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
How about Reverse Frasier: where all the characters are exactly the same in temperment and predilections but Martin is a grizzled old hard-bitten Ballantines swigging psychiatrist and Frasier and Niles are both snobby wine drinking opera going detectives.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Roz is obviously a uniformed sergeant who helps Frasier with intel on the streets and Niles is a private detective.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Reisarf

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

ROZ: Get this we found arsenic in the half bottle of wine by the victims body.

Fraiser: Poisoned by a '93 bottle of Chilean Merlot?

Niles: I see our killer's redundant.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Daphne is the Psion who's low key more powerful than either of them but she's long given up convincing anyone her powers even exist.

Daphne would be the bard that pops in with excruciatingly awful songs, GUVNA.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Bit funny since in the latest D&D edition Bards are apparently OP as gently caress.

Am I the only one who doesn't mind Daphne's psychic powers? At least when they're really funny.

I appreciate Daphne, but a lot of it is Martin's reactions to her weird stories and powers.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Daphne would be the bard that pops in with excruciatingly awful songs, GUVNA.

Not her family?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
"Afternoon, Frasier. I was wondering if you could use one of these..."
"Oh, Niles, a bag of holding! I've been trying to get one for days but all the merchants are sold out, thank you! How'd you get it?"
"Oh, it was a birthday present for Maris... Unfortunately the bag's name proved to be more theoretical in her case..."
"Well, thanks again, Niles... So what is Maris going to do without the bag?"
"Oh don't worry, we've found something even better."
"What's that?"
"Enrique."
"Oh, hmm..."
"Something wrong?"
"Well, Niles, it's just... You know, when I said Maris could join the party, I didn't realize she'd be bringing a +1!"
"Oh I understand, Frasier, but don't worry -- you won't even know he's there."
"And why's that?"
"He's a Rogue."
"A ROGUE?!"
"Well, looks like Maris isn't the only one with a +1, as you clearly have +1 to prissiness..."

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER
Had tickets to see Kelsey Grammar in a musical set for this week, and the entire theatrical run has been cancelled.

I AM WOUNDED!

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Mercy.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
What is a boy to do?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

It's like you're always stuck in second gear,
When it hasn't been your day, your week
Your month, or even your year

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

*Bob Saget voice* "Bazinga, Kramer!"

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Brawnfire posted:

*Bob Saget voice* "Bazinga, Kramer!"

Grammer could make the BBT scripts work.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Young Frasier

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

:staredog:

Oh my god I could completely see that happening, yikes.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I unabashedly would love a Crane Boys Mysteries show.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Wow, they have very different IMDB pages.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Link em hoss

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Young Niles is played by Michael Welch, who has over a hundred credits up to the present day, including the Twilight movies.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0919616/

Young Frasier is played by Andrew Dorsett, who is known for such roles as... Young Frasier, and a turn in King of the Hill as the vaunted "voice"

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1483981/

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

For some reason I'm picturing young Frasier and Niles as the Venture Brothers. If they were both Dean.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Young Niles Crane: "IT"S TAPE!!!"

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So I’m sure this was covered before but I think I missed it.

Frasier was a captain in Trek and Lilith was a space alien that riker bones but were Niles or Dad ever in trek?

I feel like the dad was but I don’t remember it.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Niles would have made a good Outrageous Okona.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Niles was too busy being in The Outer Limits and Marty was set with Moonstruck money.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

not to mention that he was also the shady dad in say anything..., the drunk author in barton fink and a dc lobbyist in the american president

truly, he was more than a man

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

So I’m sure this was covered before but I think I missed it.

Frasier was a captain in Trek and Lilith was a space alien that riker bones but were Niles or Dad ever in trek?

I feel like the dad was but I don’t remember it.

Obligatory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qxD2eoh-W4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is amazing thank you!