Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Tei posted:

This is pretty stupid. USA can get in debt and do things like pay governement employees because China buys the debt. If you touch that relationship, China would stop buying that debt. Then USA would have to stop getting in debt, what means not paying govenement employees a salary. Would be a governement shutdown .... one dificult to restart.

Do people like this lindshey think before they speak?

The entire economics system is a lie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Homeless Friend posted:

yes they're eating your trumpbux iirc lol, don't quote me on that tho

i mean that's fine if they're doing that in lieu of drafting the normal monthly payments from me

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

The sad thing is Bernie wouldn't even go this negative

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Mr Hootington posted:

The entire economics system is a lie.

The fundamental difference between the great depression and now is people figured out money isn't real and if everyone is just going into debt with each other, no one is going into debt

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

give up your donald trump check to attend a donald trump rally

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

RumbleFish posted:

I believe they're going off 2019 if you've already filed and 2018 if you haven't.

I live overseas, they send checks overseas?

Also, I moved since then. Hmm...better get off my but and file for 2019.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I'm filing for unemployment on Sunday morning because work is suspended.

however, today on a work tag-up (for which, we were not allowed to charge time) my manager was asking for volunteers to come in to work on emergent needs and PPE could not be guaranteed. we would need to bring our own masks and gloves.

if I stay home and collect unemployment in addition to the 600 trump bux I probably make the same or more than I do if I went to work and caught corona on purpose.

Boeing is such garbage.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I'm filing for unemployment on Sunday morning because work is suspended.

however, today on a work tag-up (for which, we were not allowed to charge time) my manager was asking for volunteers to come in to work on emergent needs and PPE could not be guaranteed. we would need to bring our own masks and gloves.

if I stay home and collect unemployment in addition to the 600 trump bux I probably make the same or more than I do if I went to work and caught corona on purpose.

Boeing is such garbage.

stay the gently caress home

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Steve Yun posted:

Threw a surprise birthday party for a friend on zoom. Today I learned that if you have more than 25 people it creates as second page

2nd page, bottom row left.

Why does your friend have a giant version of the Arquillian alien from MiB?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
If they really needed people they would pay them, Boeing has essentially limitless cash.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

don’t volunteer for anything if the company told you to seek unemployment benefits

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

empty whippet box posted:

Nah, go to work and set fire to the building to make sure no one else gets sucked into their bullshit

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

SKULL.GIF posted:

we'll probably never get there as America has a cap of 100k tests per day and everywhere else is gradually getting it under control or simply doesn't have the testing capacity

if we're seeing 200k daily official confirmed cases then hell is about to break loose because that means it's totally worldwide and uncontrolled. so basically if it starts exploding in brasil and india

Our cap is actually higher now, they do keep adding more testing capacity it seems like, but it is at like 164k now after being stuck at 100k for the whole week. Meanwhile the number of confirmed cases has been going up 30k every day

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

angryrobots posted:

2nd page, bottom row left.

Why does your friend have a giant version of the Arquillian alien from MiB?

virtual backgrounds.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

Our cap is actually higher now, they do keep adding more testing capacity it seems like, but it is at like 164k now after being stuck at 100k for the whole week. Meanwhile the number of confirmed cases has been going up 30k every day

and even with the slow growth in testing our daily deaths went from 1,000 to 2,100 in 7 days, with AT LEAST 200 per day going uncounted in new york city ALONE.

By this time next week we'll be at like 3500-4500 deaths per day, after a weekend slump that seems to show deaths per day going down to like 1500-1600 because less reporting is done on the weekend for dumb reasons. And then it'll explode again monday-friday. This cycle will just keep repeating itself

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Lpzie posted:

virtual backgrounds.

ur a virtual background

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

soros did corona in the virtual

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

hahaha how is corona real lol like open ur eyes hahaha walk away from the screen

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Libertarians and right wingers now talking about recalling Andy Beshear in the twitter comments and wondering if the ban on mass gatherings applies to mosques.

There are no recall provisions of any kind in the Kentucky Constitution.

Also their biggest number one concern right now is that Lowe's and Lowe's specifically is considered an essential business.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

bing bong feeling better than ever now thank u sir

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

many are saying

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

thank u sir

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rah! posted:

bing bong feeling better than ever now thank u sir

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

but if i recall theres provisions of many kind in the Kentucky Fried Chicken lmao get hosed u flu hoax coronailures mr colonel fill me with gravy

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

Threw a surprise birthday party for a friend on zoom. Today I learned that if you have more than 25 people it creates as second page

it's so nice that your friends 74NfFVIreWFpC5slD1Dmeg== and Pixel 2 were able to attend.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Libertarians and right wingers now talking about recalling Andy Beshear in the twitter comments and wondering if the ban on mass gatherings applies to mosques.

Also their biggest number one concern right now is that Lowe's and Lowe's specifically is considered an essential business.

when they go high

we go lowes

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

shop at lowes now and get 1 free wooden sleep box with every purchase of more than $88

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

kids love em

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Rynn posted:

I can’t wait for the part where after they decide the virus is defeated they kick them out of the hotel room and go back to not giving a poo poo about them.

Owns. :patriot:

same with people getting UBI till enhanced unemployment terms out.

same with people with private insurers that are currently waiving deductibles & copays.

same with rent strikes after the eviction moratoria end, when people owe multiple months of rent.

same with employer-based health insurance, once 30 percent of americans have lost it and are consigned to the obamacare marketplace.

this could be the tipping point for americans' radicalization, and for pols to never again mouth the trope BUT HOW WILL WE PAY FOR IT?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i wish the big bang theory was still making episodes because there would definitely be an episode for this

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

empty whippet box posted:

yeah I'm not going in. I told all of my coworkers not to go in either.

I also told them to document all cases of being required to use their own PPE and send it to me and I will send it to our labor union for documentation.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

a.lo posted:

i wish the big bang theory was still making episodes because there would definitely be an episode for this

on the other hand gently caress no dawg

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Willa Rogers posted:

same with people with private insurers that are currently waiving deductibles & copays.

same with rent strikes after the eviction moratoria end, when people owe multiple months of rent.

same with employer-based health insurance, once 30 percent of americans have lost it and are consigned to the obamacare marketplace.

this could be the tipping point for americans' radicalization, and for pols to never again mouth the trope BUT HOW WILL WE PAY FOR IT?

lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Willa Rogers posted:

it turns out we can pay for it with blood

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Are restaurants still stocked up well? I was thinking of ordering a hundred trump bucks worth of chicken wings tomorrow from a local wings place and just freezing them and work through them in the next couple of months, but don't know if that is an rear end in a top hat move or not.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Are restaurants still stocked up well? I was thinking of ordering a hundred trump bucks worth of chicken wings tomorrow from a local wings place and just freezing them and work through them in the next couple of months, but don't know if that is an rear end in a top hat move or not.

why would it be an rear end in a top hat move?

like restaurants are definitely hurting for business.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Americans will walk into their graves smiling if it makes Capital a cent

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

You’re throwing $100 to a small business that might help keep a person employed another day, not a bad way to spend money right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I just assumed everyone who wasn't a CSpam bean warlord was ordering out like crazy. I haven't been out of my bean stockpile for a few weeks.