Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

No, please don’t attack my fake cure! Fawn over my fake cure, it’s only asking questions, we should give it a shot! Not like trumps fake cure. Which is bad and different.

Take it up with the new york times, Bloomberg, the journal Science, and several dozen other publications which have published the same argument with similar caveats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell_T_Stamps
Nov 26, 2017

COOOOOOOOODYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

pathetic little tramp posted:

With my suspected roni I tend to wake up feeling great. No chest pain, no numbness. Later in the day it shows up a little bit though.

The girlfriend bitched until we could get some milkshakes delivered so that's probably a hell of a vector though.

Dont date someone who cant go 2 days without wanting junk food, goddamn.

just wait until she hides all the beans

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

lol

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Anyone get their corona dollars yet?

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

when i moved to australia i stupidly reported that i have tuberculosis (which is true, partially) and they made me go to san francisco to do a piss test and an x-ray (from sacramento) and i kept pissing microscopic blood so they made me piss two more times before they made me get a blood test and another piss test back at a different lab in sacramento. i also lost my wallet on a bus in sf which was mailed back to me later from wells fargo

welp thats my tuberculosis piss story hope you had a good time

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

MarcusSA posted:

this is the weirdest timeline

weird, but weirder is

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Was the D&D thread not thrilling enough for you today?

finding out someone actually reads D&D still

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

never give a trump supporter the time of day

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
i dont understand how someone could dislike twoday wtf

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

twoday posted:

Yes of course, I even took the time to make a humorous photoshop and included it at the top of one of my previous large posts about BCG, in the hopes that this image would both reiterate the fact that I am not a trustworthy source of information on this topic, as well as make it clear that I am totally aware of how crazy my elaborate and spurious posts must appear to observers

I liked your post but I'm a veterinarian so I actually understand some about cytokines and all that junk so it's interesting to me to see theories of why BCG could work, if it does help, which we don't really know yet but there is some degree of evidence for it it seems.

The article you linked, I actually read the english translation and I guess they are hinting more at just straight up inhibiting bradykinin? Apparently there's a drug used for hereditary angioedema that does that, it's called ecallantide. No idea if anyone is trying this to treat the severe covid cases.

I know I saw some information somewhere that ACE inhibitors seem to make covid worse and this seems it would reverse the adverse effects of that? I think?

Anyway this is all speculative I just find these processes interesting to learn about cause I am a medical nerd.

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

Over Easy posted:

i'm buying more beans and bullets with mine

seriously

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Also, this is the thread for spitballing ideas.

I think that not enough research has been done on Excessive Blood Quotient (EBQ) as it relates to corona.

No one has done clinical trials with leeches in order to connect bloodening with recovery.

The disease is in our fluids and expelling fluids would seem to also expell the disease.

Also we need to look into demonic possession as a mechanism to expell fluid from the lungs.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
ive been blood letting every day for the last 2 weeks and havent contracted the virus so things are looking good

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Hot Karl Marx posted:

"But the guy selling me fake cures is CHARISMATIC!"

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Bathtub Cheese posted:

steak-umms tweet about how the working class is the most gullible demographic during a pandemic should've tipped you off that they're just a generic shitlib and only "woke" in the same sense as those people

complaining about steakups tweet is shitleft, let them get into slapfights because you can safely categorize them as ineffective and useless to the greater cause. any action short of direct action will not succeed in america, and nobody willing to make that jump is a class traitor and more focused on building their own brand as a level 5 wokelord (won't insult anything that casts a shadow) than actually helping anyone but themselves out

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

twoday posted:

It would be a pretty unfortunate state of affairs if Bill Gates is basing those decisions on C-SPAM posts

Nah, I don't actually care. I think its interesting and I really hope it's effective, as there's not much else out there at the moment.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

:golfclap:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

"But the guy selling me fake cures is CHARISMATIC!"

lol

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Hot Karl Marx posted:

he posts twitter poo poo like ppj

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

Except of course anti-body serums. how much does that current go for on ebay?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Over Easy posted:

Someone might have won a Jeep

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

looks like my Avian civilization leader in Stellaris

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

i got ur immune sera right here, in my piss

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Hot Karl Marx posted:

anybody fucks with twoday ill glass their fat dumb rear end

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

not an endorsement posted:

i got ur immune sera right here, in my piss

Pm me ;)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Charun posted:

Except of course anti-body serums. how much does that current go for on ebay?

People selling their anti-body serum online to pay rent or student loans will be the most US thing ever.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Goa Tse-tung posted:

he posts twitter poo poo like ppj

twitter is where trump is fool

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Over Easy posted:

someone in the bitcoin thread got a reprieve from paying rent for the next 90 days so they are buying bitcoin with theirs.

No that is not a joke.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

etalian posted:

People selling their anti-body serum online to pay rent or student loans will be the most US thing ever.

Nah using it to pay the medical bills from when they were sick would be peak merica

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

*yelling at empty room* shut the gently caress up

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

:mad:

https://twitter.com/MrFisherSays/status/1247319101367705600

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
can someone link that Trump Joker face tweet video

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Steak-umms is deeply wrong about who is most vulnerable to propaganda, but it's in an ironic way because the notion that the poor and overworked are most vulnerable is itself liberal propaganda

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1247689379012907008

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The BCG thing is just a coping mechanism for people who don't want to see the obvious truth that cats are a reservoir and infection rates can be predicted by cat presence and ownership in a country

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

But they reduced the time since having sex with another man from one year to 3 months!! That's so much better right??

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

piss donations

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

The BCG thing is just a coping mechanism for people who don't want to see the obvious truth that cats are a reservoir and infection rates can be predicted by cat presence and ownership in a country

all I know is I appreciate the cats

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Dixville posted:

I liked your post but I'm a veterinarian so I actually understand some about cytokines and all that junk so it's interesting to me to see theories of why BCG could work, if it does help, which we don't really know yet but there is some degree of evidence for it it seems.

The article you linked, I actually read the english translation and I guess they are hinting more at just straight up inhibiting bradykinin? Apparently there's a drug used for hereditary angioedema that does that, it's called ecallantide. No idea if anyone is trying this to treat the severe covid cases.

I know I saw some information somewhere that ACE inhibitors seem to make covid worse and this seems it would reverse the adverse effects of that? I think?

Anyway this is all speculative I just find these processes interesting to learn about cause I am a medical nerd.

Yes, the article was about inhibiting bradykinin receptors. But since it was about cytokine stuff and I find that interesting, I read up on what bradykinine was. I have no in depth knowledge of the cytokine system besides random bits of information I've come across in the past month and a half. A few things sounded familiar and I cobbled together that paragraph and I posted it here to see if it makes any sense at all or not, mostly as a way to verify whether I am understanding these processes correctly or not. thank you for your input

There is some more related stuff I remember from earlier which I will post in a bit

twoday has issued a correction as of 13:52 on Apr 11, 2020

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Cats are such a prolific vector that you have tigers in zoos testing positive for it, and how often do they come within 6 feet of a person compared to a cat? How often do you inhabit the space a cat has within the last 3 hours?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Epic High Five posted:

At least being murdered by my cat would be funny.