Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

PancakeTransmission posted:

There is just way too much CJ dialogue for me to attempt 300 in one day. At least if i break it up over 2-3 seasons, it'll be a nice trophy at the end of it.

I mean the shovel already will not break while hitting rocks (until you're done), and the axe won't break until you're done hitting the tree, so it's actually possible they thought about this. I still packed a second rod just in case. Never broke one mid-tourney.

I had a fishing rod break mid-tourney. Not in a position to say if it lasted longer than a non-flimsy fishing rod though.
The amount of CJ dialogue is a bit insense if you are grinding out tourneys for sure; I just 'B'ed my way through it.

Having hit the 300, I sit back and think, 'Job well done'. What can I say? I like fishing mini-games! :haw:

Edit: And I've absolutely lost shovels while trying to mash out the full loot from a rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
CJ talks so much :(

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Is there a list of all the fishing rewards ?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

indigi posted:

CJ talks so much :(

they're just being accurate to how much streamers run their drat mouths

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

fit em all up in there posted:

Is there a list of all the fishing rewards ?

look for the block of spoilers 2 pages back

kripes
Aug 14, 2002

BRRRRRAAAAAIIIINNNNSSS

Johnny Truant posted:

i'm not generally one to say "that's not how you should play this game"

but

that's not how you should play this game

Yeah I am with you. It'll destroy the game for her. It's a lesson she may need to learn first hand.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

kripes posted:

My daughter has discovered you can buy bells on ebay. Aside from the risks of just being outright scammed out of $10, what are the chances Nintendo will catch on as a BUYER and ban her account?

Two weeks of goon stalk market and she will have more money than she'll ever need. Unless she needs it TODAY there's no reason to deal with possible scams over the internet

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
also a lot of those ebay sales are people with save editors and that might actually have a problem going forward, depending on what they do

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Towns open, come check out fish or shop

DPP3Y

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/CercueilSA/status/1248973456667901952

Watch all three of them tie for 1st...

(kinda hard to make out, but Tangy is standing in between Rex and Hippeux)

kripes
Aug 14, 2002

BRRRRRAAAAAIIIINNNNSSS

Hobo Clown posted:

Two weeks of goon stalk market and she will have more money than she'll ever need. Unless she needs it TODAY there's no reason to deal with possible scams over the internet

I did a forums search looking for instructions on the goon stalk market, can you point me in the right direction?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

BlueTide posted:

This is insanely condescending.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Cercueil posted:

https://twitter.com/CercueilSA/status/1248973456667901952

Watch all three of them tie for 1st...

(kinda hard to make out, but Tangy is standing in between Rex and Hippeux)

Haha mine are all doing that too. Intensely focused on the same tiny piece of water. I'm a bit worried what happens if Stitches gets wet.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

kripes posted:

I did a forums search looking for instructions on the goon stalk market, can you point me in the right direction?

A pig named Daisy Mae shows up every Sunday selling turnips for a certain price, and every day for the rest or the week the Nooks will buy them for a different price. Prices are different on every island so if you watch the thread you'll be able to buy at the lowest (~90) and sell at the highest (600+) by visiting other people's islands.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

why is the cooler CJ gives me a clothes drawer

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Brother Entropy posted:

why is the cooler CJ gives me a clothes drawer

I don’t know but I have a fridge that works like a dresser

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it's insane how bad i am catching fish by watching the bobber instead of just listening for the plunk

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Hobo Clown posted:

A pig named Daisy Mae shows up every Sunday selling turnips for a certain price, and every day for the rest or the week the Nooks will buy them for a different price. Prices are different on every island so if you watch the thread you'll be able to buy at the lowest (~90) and sell at the highest (600+) by visiting other people's islands.

For what it's worth: Just Sunday morning - she disappears at noon.

And don't worry too much about finding someone to buy low - IMO it's far easier to just buy on your island then it is to save a bit extra finding someone with 90 and dealing with all the netplay shenanigans.

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

The fishing tourney is supposed to start at 9, right? Looks like I don't get it since my resident services just finished upgrading today. Oh well, I can wait until June if that's the case.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Just caught three eggs in one round :negative:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Cool three minutes to catch a ton of fish

That’s an egg not a fish
That’s an egg not a fish
That’s an egg not a fish
That’s an egg not a fish
That’s an egg not a fish
That’s an egg not a fish

Time to spend 45 minutes digging clams for fish food I guess

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Lugubrious posted:

The fishing tourney is supposed to start at 9, right? Looks like I don't get it since my resident services just finished upgrading today. Oh well, I can wait until June if that's the case.

Jump to another persons island.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I made a bunch of bait and it was a waste of time. I caught ten fish instead of the six to seven I was averaging from just walking around, and got ten points instead of seven. Yes that's enough for a prize right away, but I could have done two events in the time it took to dig up and make ten bait.

Spending points doesn't take them away from counting towards the trophy, does it? You don't need to spend 300 points in one go, it's cumulative and tracked in some hidden counter?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Look on, ye poor, and see your fortune from the future.

Seriously, I'm going to make a disgusting amount of bells with this. Apologies if it's been posted already:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUc2KljVxSw

Can you summarize? I ain't got time for a 10min video at work.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
So I read about an item dupe glitch I was wondering if anyone had tried. You need 2 players.

Apparently you place an item. Then one player just starts rotating it over and over. While that’s happening, the other player picks it up. If done right, both players wind up with the item in inventory.

Anyone tried it? Anyone want to? I’ll post a dodo code if someone wants to give it a shot.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

LifeLynx posted:

Spending points doesn't take them away from counting towards the trophy, does it? You don't need to spend 300 points in one go, it's cumulative and tracked in some hidden counter?

Absolutely, definitely cumulative.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

HaB posted:

So I read about an item dupe glitch I was wondering if anyone had tried. You need 2 players.

Apparently you place an item. Then one player just starts rotating it over and over. While that’s happening, the other player picks it up. If done right, both players wind up with the item in inventory.

Anyone tried it? Anyone want to? I’ll post a dodo code if someone wants to give it a shot.

That was patched out immediately

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

half my drat town is fishing at the same spot

fools

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
People are insane

https://twitter.com/EmberwoodForest/status/1247736226934747136

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Poque posted:

That was patched out immediately

I wish I had the crown before it got patched out

Completely obliterate this virtual economy

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Fishing Protip: Go to the dock, hold down and toward the edge, then toss your bait, then immediately cast. That will get you an instant lock on most of the time. (It might vary based on your layout.)

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Read an article on that on Polygon, it was a fun goof but you know others are going to do that seriously, and it's gonna be hilarious.

e: Actually that looks like a different set of bouncers than the article I read. It's already spreading!

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Also, CJ will still buy fish outside the tourney. It’s in the Something Else menu.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I hate that the two best pieces of music in the game are for the tourneys. I wanna listen to them everyday.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Electric Phantasm posted:

I hate that the two best pieces of music in the game are for the tourneys. I wanna listen to them everyday.

But 5PM plays every day?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

tommy and timmy were selling a skull radio + skull print flooring - is there any more skeleton themed furniture?

There's a skull door plate that you can hang on your wall. I think it says 'beware' or something on it.

You could also drop spare proto-human skulls in there, after donating one to the museum.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Mega64 posted:

But 5PM plays every day?

:hmmyes:

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Help Im Alive posted:

tommy and timmy were selling a skull radio + skull print flooring - is there any more skeleton themed furniture?

There's a skull wallpaper as well, and a gravestone western-style stone if you want something skeleton-adjacent.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I've, so far, had pretty good luck not catching eggs. Think I've just had one show up so far.

What I haven't had luck with is not having distracting, valuable butterflies show up as I fish.

This one specifically seems like a gag, given, well, the whole thing.

That said, I have absolutely heard of people charging entry fees for turnip prices and the such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Help Im Alive posted:

I trust you are aware of the spooky skellington suit