Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Framboise posted:

Oh so it's greed then. Don't wanna say "then you had it coming", but...

Hmm. I wonder if this happening will change the way businesses are run in the futu-- hahaha right. The grabbing hands will always grab what and when they can.

Like... any reasonable person who isn't already living from paycheck to paycheck knows it's a good idea to keep some savings in case of emergency. Hell, my apartment complex expects you to have a few months of rent pay in stock in case you lose your income. And if a person fails to do that they're labeled foolish and "bad with money" . I'd have thought businesses would have been run with emergencies in mind too.

Businesses are run in the red to focus on short term profits rather than long term survivability these days. If you are not making peak quarterly profits, nobody invests in you, regardless of your financial stability.

Its stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

sausage king of Chicago posted:

lots of people like to leave the house and be around other people.
There are rules against advocating self-harm, Mr. Froman.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

You mean “pay for my summer home.”

"Fuel up my jet"

So many of the fleecers and televangelists have those loving jets, and they brag about "God" giving them a jet

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1248959090287505415

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Would love to have listened to the marketing guys talk around the reasons for choosing a PoC for a model.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

sausage king of Chicago posted:

watching a movie on your couch and watching it in a movie theater aren't really comparable things. most people go to a movie with friends and treat it as a social experience, like going to a bar for a drink rather than drinking alone on your couch.

lots of people like to leave the house and be around other people.

Yes, maybe so. So why wouldn't they social experience in something else? Theaters are expensive things to run and require a lot of people to show up. This doesn't happen a lot. Theaters that do survive are gonna have to downsize and/or charge more. All this pandemic did was speed up their death

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Deuce posted:

Would love to have listened to the marketing guys talk around the reasons for choosing a PoC for a model.

Blacks_for_Trump.jpg

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

I support this. Then I know who the assholes and fucksticks are without having to interact with them

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Truth in Advertising. I would lol if someone wearing this walked in front of a bus

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Well, ok.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Excellent marketing tactic to let your consumer know you will be as unpopular and hated as he is by the general public :downsbravo:

It might as well say "If you think Trump's a loving idiot then wait till you get a load of me"

Also :lol: at the week rear end uncertain "probably". That's certainly a strong and assertive statement

The loving weak-rear end shirt is as indecisive as he is

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Apr 11, 2020

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Most honest thing they've ever said

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Deuce posted:

Maybe they also made a shirt that says "If you LIKE Trump then..." and only wanted 1 model?

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

https://twitter.com/BillyCorben/status/1248790774130659329

https://twitter.com/RealJusticePAC/status/1248634593638592514

Hard to see stuff like this and not think about the sort of violence people calling for more police presence in order to enforce social distancing is going to lead to in minority communities.

Mat Cauthon fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Apr 11, 2020

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol:

Holy poo poo it really is the same guy

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Congratulations everyone! We've officially beat out Spain for most deaths worldwide from Corona. USA #1! :911:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Noted "Liberterian" defending organized religion, because of loving course he is

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1248774960992137217?s=19

Seriously churches in the Middle Ages were smart enough to shut down during Bubonic Plague :psyduck:

small butter
Oct 8, 2011

Framboise posted:

Honest question: how are all these multi-billion dollar companies straight up dying after 3-4 weeks of inactivity? You'd think they'd be a bit more resilient than that.

"Make sure you have 6 months worth of expenses in case of an emergency!"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Private equity can't buy a person, replace their brain, and have the new brain vote to pay for that purchase with their own savings.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Yeah only people are responsible for their own financial well-being. Corporations are indispensable and will be bailed out at all costs.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

All that's missing is a "picking Trump over family and friends since 2016" on the back

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

TulliusCicero posted:

:lol:

Holy poo poo it really is the same guy

Black 4 Trump

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

TulliusCicero posted:

Noted "Liberterian" defending organized religion, because of loving course he is

this motherfucker had the loving covid and still is talking poo poo about measures to prevent it. Jesus wept.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

TulliusCicero posted:

Seriously churches in the Middle Ages were smart enough to shut down during Bubonic Plague :psyduck:

i think what worries me is some meter maid is gonna get shot in the head by some chud when they check their plates. not mention the probability of more spread.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

TulliusCicero posted:

Catholics. Not really Christians according to these people.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Also no one is “forcing” them to quarantine like they’re gonna be rounded up. They’re gonna be asked to and that’s about it because it’s not like the state has authority to do much more.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

olylifter posted:

this motherfucker had the loving covid and still is talking poo poo about measures to prevent it. Jesus wept.

It didn't kill him so just how bad could it be really?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone who goes to church tomorrow loving dies of the rona. I can’t believe how utterly loving ignorant and stupid they are.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Zopotantor posted:

It's because the organization of the Catholic Church represents a threat the the grift of the Evangelical movement.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

PeterCat posted:

It's because the organization of the Catholic Church represents a threat the the grift of the Evangelical movement.

uh there's a bit more to it than that

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Zopotantor posted:

The plague epidemics were mostly before the Reformation and Protestantism didn't exist yet but obviously these people don't know or care about that particular fact

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Also, that includes my grandma with COPD who is planning to go. She went so far as to get a ride from a deacon because her care facility has stopped it’s transport service.

The sheer loving ignorance

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

PeterCat posted:

It’s deeply ironic that Protestants first became a thing in large part because of the uncontrolled greed and institutional grifting of the Church. Luther is rolling in his grave.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Also, that includes my grandma with COPD who is planning to go. She went so far as to get a ride from a deacon because her care facility has stopped it’s transport service.

It sucks to suggest this, but you literally might want to contact the care home so that they can tell her she isn't allowed back if she goes through with it

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Arrgytehpirate posted:

That deacon is an accessory to murder.

The Angry Bum
Nov 10, 2005

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I can’t believe how utterly loving ignorant and stupid they are.

Because many conservatives and Christians truly believe this is an overblown Chinese, Democrat Liberal Media hoax to destroy America and Trump specifically. To them the death numbers are massively inflated, the measures taken to socially distance and close schools are draconian and this is a direct assault on religious liberty and freedom.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It’s deeply ironic that Protestants first became a thing in large part because of the uncontrolled greed and institutional grifting of the Church. Luther is rolling in his grave.

Luther was also a raging anti-semite with a massive pooping issue

He might be rolling for other reasons

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Apr 11, 2020

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Arrgytehpirate posted:

gently caress your g-ma, lol (but also for real)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Lmao my grandma is really going to kill herself tomorrow