Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

All ya gotta do is use awkward phrasing that can mean multiple things, like "All Might is gonna smash with All For One" and then watch as people take it the completely wrong way and hilarity ensues

Say any character's name with an ellipsis and watch the fun, even when you've announced that that's what you're doing up front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Deku...fucks...

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

We never know what Hagakure is doing at any moment in time

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Spying for AfO obviously, I mean duuuh?!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/1248753758550573061

The simuldub will be continuing.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

This is really cool.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
That's impressive and I wonder how many VA's would just like to build a studio and do that poo poo from home whenever possible.

Sadly, I was hoping it would sound like a FMV from 94. Just for old times sake.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Well the season’s already over in Japan so it wouldn’t exactly be a “simuldub” anymore but still cool nonetheless.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

FilthyImp posted:

That's impressive and I wonder how many VA's would just like to build a studio and do that poo poo from home whenever possible.

Sadly, I was hoping it would sound like a FMV from 94. Just for old times sake.
A ton of VA's have a full-setup for recording ready as is, both in America and Japan. While quality equipment can be dearly expensive sometimes, you can get a decent-sounding setup for like relatively cheap nowadays. I've helped a couple of VA's in Tokyo so that they could setup their own makeshift studio at home for practice/rehearsal, especially because studio time fees for recording/rehearsal places in Japan is ludicrous as-is.

https://twitter.com/ericalindbeck/status/1130564613076951040?s=20

Erica Lindbeck (Futaba in Persona 5, Menat in Street Fighter V and, as pointed out above, Celica in Fire Emblem stuff since 2017) is good friends (and close neighbors, if I'm not mistaken?) with Kyle McCarley (the aforementioned Alm in Fire Emblem stuff since 2017, Mikazuki in Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans, Mob in Mob Psycho 100) and Katelyn Gault (Elle in Dragon Pilot, Morgan LeFay in Fate), so she has shown at least twice that he at least has some recording equipment for voice-over at the ready.

vvvv vvvv e: Yeah, sound-proof materials are also probably the cheapest to come by. vvvv vvvv

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Apr 11, 2020

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The only real obstacle for recording from home is having soundproofing. You can get mics and amps and make a setup that makes professional quality recording for pretty cheap.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Fabricated posted:

The only real obstacle for recording from home is having soundproofing.
Ah. That reminds me that when Konami/Kojima went to make The Twin Snakes for Gamecube, the advances in system audio revealed a shitload more audio detail that the PS1 had papered over.

Like, their masters ended up having road noise because they recorded in a cottage studio in Santa Monica. :kingsley:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hell, abridged series people have been doing makeshift studio stuff for years now.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Vinylshadow posted:

All ya gotta do is use awkward phrasing that can mean multiple things, like "All Might is gonna smash with All For One" and then watch as people take it the completely wrong way and hilarity ensues

Finally, my erotic fan fiction is coming true

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

QuarkJets posted:

Finally, my erotic fan fiction is coming true

Well it makes a change from all the BakuDeku.

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

Fabricated posted:

The only real obstacle for recording from home is having soundproofing. You can get mics and amps and make a setup that makes professional quality recording for pretty cheap.
Yup, my partner is a professional sound designer who freelances and we have to like, turn off the refrigerator and poo poo while they record things. An airplane flying overhead or someone opening a door too loud in the apartment complex means doing another take.

Glad they worked something out for the dub. It's really complicated organizing all that. That video looks super similar to what my partner has to do when directing a voice session. The biggest problem with remote recording is that sound engineers and editors have to make up for the difference in recording environments. Everyone using the same equipment helps, but there's always a natural difference from the room itself.

My partner and I watched like, this entire series in the past month (after watching the entire Dragon Ball franchise in the past year). Really like it. We're dub watchers so haven't seen the finale yet.

Star Guarded fucked around with this message at 23:14 on May 10, 2020

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

My roommate started watching the dub yesterday and when Best Jeanist showed up she literally said OH ... NO ...

It was very funny. The dub is great - I'd only read the manga but hearing best dad Piccolo's voice for best dad All Might is a real treat. We're only halfway through the first season together and I forgot how rough Bakugou was in these early episodes. Strong school shooter energy TBQH, glad he mellows out

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

"Mellows out" is a strong choice of words for bakugo but his over aggressive attitude definitely shifts away from aspects that make him look like a potential school shooter and more into just being really rude and unpleasant

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
The first opening made me think Bakugo was going to drop out of UA and become a villain, but apparently his aesthetic is just Supervillain Chic. :v:

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Bakugo provides a nice break from all the super altruistic heroes when he starts shouting about WINNING and beating the poo poo out of the villains and not just "saving teh day"

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Bakugo is my favorite character and I don't have a super good reason why other than "it's funny having this one guy be a big jerk among all the goodie two shoes heroes and be even slightly justified in it"

He's fun to see and it's cool that for as flat of an outward persona as he has his character has a reasonable amount of depth and nuance

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Off the subject, a new OVA came out not too long ago.

https://bokunoheroacademia.fandom.com/wiki/My_Hero_Academia_-_Make_It!_Do-or-Die_Survival_Training

It’s on Crunchyroll currently.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ninjewtsu posted:

Bakugo is my favorite character and I don't have a super good reason why other than "it's funny having this one guy be a big jerk among all the goodie two shoes heroes and be even slightly justified in it"

He's fun to see and it's cool that for as flat of an outward persona as he has his character has a reasonable amount of depth and nuance

the fact that he's a prime hero candidate while also being a rampaging rear end in a top hat provided some interesting wrinkles to how MHA approached the concept of "heroism" in its earlier chapters, since it posited that just being a good and selfless person doesn't amount to much if you don't also have the strength and drive to overcome challenges and lead by example

and while it gets a little tiring how the series turns his constant aggro into a punchline, it does give some needed contrast to rest of the constantly upbeat and friendly cast

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

3200mhz RAM is literally the Devil. Literally.
Lipstick Apathy
The vegeta to midoria/goku if you will

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Scarecow posted:

The vegeta to midoria/goku if you will

Except without the whole mass murderer bit.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The one bit with his mother explaining his home life did a lot to round him out.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
Die bacterial scum! Is the only time I've really enjoyed bakugos gimmick

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I'm just wondering if we'll ever get the second movie through streaming.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Technowolf posted:

I'm just wondering if we'll ever get the second movie through streaming.

Is it still not up on Crunchyroll or any other official source yet (I know you can find it on a few unofficial ones)?

A sub/dub has existed for it for a while at least.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Funimation did a theatrical release before The Plague, but it hasn't come out on blu-ray or digital yet.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I saw it, it was good. Villain was flat and boring though

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Collapsing Farts posted:

I saw it, it was good. Villain was flat and boring though

I definitely like his goon squad way more.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That movie was worth it for my slow realization that the villain was Johnny Yong Bosch if nothing else

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Nine was a distinct improvement over the last guy at least, who was basically a setpiece with legs

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Nine is also basically just a setpiece with legs, but he's a good setpiece with legs - What if Class 1-A had to stop The Juggernaut from simply walking through them? - so it's hard for me to care too much.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The first movie villain was a setpiece to let us have the Deku/All Might team up we never got in the main series, the second movie villain was a setpiece to see all of Class A have to setup to be the big heroes against impossible odds with no pros to back them up.

I enjoyed them both for those reasons.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I don't like the final... "battle" - it just devolves to colors and noise

And the Plot MacGuffin Girl had the perfect setup to be useful with her powers but hahahahahahahano

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I like that they use the movies as a sounding board for poo poo that's not gonna happen in the manga

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I want the movies to start going into full Marvel What If alternate universe territory.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Waffleman_ posted:

I want the movies to start going into full Marvel What If alternate universe territory.

I’d kill a man for evil deku and good shiggy

Professorjuggalo fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Sep 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I will never stop asking for "Into the Deku-verse".