Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I scrolled through the results a bit and hielt inne at this.

https://twitter.com/lesboyoonji/status/1248303848080445447?s=19

Such a magnificently vivid image...regardless of the practicality of a bestuhlter Dudelsack.

Yeah, those DNR letters went out in bulk to a lot of people who are chronically ill, old and/or poor based in UK based on reports over the last few weeks.

While the UK is behind us in terms of Corona timeline, it is ahead of us in terms of Agenda 2010.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Was für eine kunstvolle Wortwahl. Mir kam eine Träne.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I scrolled through the results a bit and hielt inne at this.

https://twitter.com/lesboyoonji/status/1248303848080445447?s=19

Such a magnificently vivid image...regardless of the practicality of a bestuhlter Dudelsack.

I see someone saw a dornige Chance and took it

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

https://twitter.com/simongerman600/status/1248551563477618688?s=21

huge if true

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

It's true, just go to your local discounter, cough and watch Germans disperse.

Across more than two aisles even.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Was at Kaufland today and it was so full that nobody could have dispersed. Unfortunately a few dry coughs to be heard here and there, RIP me.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Nobody cared who I was before I put on the mask

turns out nobody cares still

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

There sure are a lot of people cramming their kids and what looks to be 2-3 weeks worth of supplies into their cars, but tea_lizard.meme. The rest of the city is queueueeueing in front of supermarkets. Who goes to get groceries at noon on Karsamstag lmao

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Smirr posted:

There sure are a lot of people cramming their kids and what looks to be 2-3 weeks worth of supplies into their cars, but tea_lizard.meme. The rest of the city is queueueeueing in front of supermarkets. Who goes to get groceries at noon on Karsamstag lmao

I'm gonna be part of the problem. AMA.

Edit: Speaking of people being part of the problem, look at this garbage written by the garbage paper for garbage people.

Randler fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Apr 11, 2020

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Smirr posted:

Who goes to get groceries at noon on Karsamstag lmao

I do! But in my defense, I tend to sleep in on a Karsamstag and it's hard to go out when you're still dreaming. At least I recommend not doing so.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Passed the local Aldi on my way to the Packstation, queue over the entire parking lot.

Edit: Saw somebody carrying out TP on my way back. That's explains it.

Randler fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Apr 11, 2020

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Local grocery store was actually pretty alright, except for one group of five loving people blocking the entire refrigerated aisle while they were slooowly discussing what they actually want to buy for their Ostergrillen. :chloe:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

I did a big shopping trip on Tuesday with the intention of not having to go back out again until after Easter. We're holding up well so far, though my keg of beer poured its last glass yesterday. :smith: Hopefully my Malz and Hopfen arrive on Tuesday, so I can brew and refill the keg in about 2 weeks.

Tonight's dinner is gonna be "throw all the vegetables that are still good into a pot with some Brühe and hope a tasty enough soup comes out of it".

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Drone posted:

I did a big shopping trip on Tuesday with the intention of not having to go back out again until after Easter. We're holding up well so far, though my keg of beer poured its last glass yesterday. :smith: Hopefully my Malz and Hopfen arrive on Tuesday, so I can brew and refill the keg in about 2 weeks.

Tonight's dinner is gonna be "throw all the vegetables that are still good into a pot with some Brühe and hope a tasty enough soup comes out of it".

Please fry the veg first, TIA

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Went grocery shopping with the gf, bought two big bags of food and one big bag of weed and now during the Easter days we will smoke that one bag away and eat all the food from the other bags :getin: #blessed

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Aus gegebenem Anlass: mods please rename the thread "Germ-any Discussion: I have never even left my house"

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
gonna make a huge loving vegan meat loaf today btw (made of lentils) and a huge loving bowl of vegan seven layer dip tomorrow + a big loving banana bread, YES

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Sereri posted:

Aus gegebenem Anlass: mods please rename the thread "Germ-any Discussion: I have never even left my house"

seconded

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Perestroika posted:

Local grocery store was actually pretty alright, except for one group of five loving people blocking the entire refrigerated aisle while they were slooowly discussing what they actually want to buy for their Ostergrillen. :chloe:

My local stores are still hit by random waves of hoarding. Today I had to again pay premium just because all the normal, cheap rice was gone.

Pasta was still mostly gone too, of course. The weirdest thing for me however was: All the fresh milk was gone from the refrigerated section, but the normal milk was still there. Kondensmilch? Tons there. Sprühsahne? All gone. It's like people are now just buying stuff at random.

At least this was the first day buying groceries at noon since the crisis started that saw an ample reserve of TP and tissue paper still being there.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
If you didn't buy all but the least shelf stable groceries by Tuesday and bought the rest on Thrusday morning, I don't know what to tell you. Even normal 3 day weekends without a pandemic make the supermarkets look like WW3 has started and you won't be able to go shopping for a week. Add a pandemic and you get lines out the shop.

Libluini posted:

The weirdest thing for me however was: All the fresh milk was gone from the refrigerated section, but the normal milk was still there.

What do you mean by fresh milk and "normal milk"? I consider fresh refrigerated milk normal. Do you mean H-Milch? That is probably because the next milk delivery will come Tuesday and everybody bought milk for 4 days, that's not related to corona. I bought 6 l fresh milk on Monday, they will last until next Wednesday because gently caress going to the store in Tuesday. But that is normal Easter planning for me every year.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

I went wednesday because I wanted to avoid the Thursday crowds and the meat counter had a decent crowd, but no line in front of the store (even though there was somebody limiting the number of people coming in), and the rest was fairly empty. Huge amount of TP, but just a single brand, huge amount of pasta but almost all of it just one brand that I guess the store had stockpiled for WW3 (Its been constantly on sale the last year for 50% off, just massive amounts). The isle with canned corn / beans / peas etc was cleared out though, that was unusual and annoying.

Also either testing + reporting is delayed due to the holidays and long weekend, or the number of new cases in the region where I live has really plummeted. One Kreis is still reporting 50+ cases each day, all the others are under 20. Probably won't know until Tuesday or Wednesday, but its a good sign. Current doubling period for the other Kreise is more than 2 weeks. To be fair they did shut down lots of stuff even earlier than Bavaria etc, so maybe they are ahead of the curve?

Ika fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Apr 11, 2020

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Ika posted:

... so maybe they are ahead of the curve?

nice

We’re starting a fire in the yard now and having drinks. This is feeling like late summer, but with less heat and more people at home. Soon it’ll be a month and it feels like years since stuff was normal.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Went grocery shopping around 11. It was quick and fine. Had to wait for 3 people before me, because the edeka had a capacity of 40 people. There were 3 people at the register before me. All in all that trip was less than 15 minutes.
Nothing empty except TP of course.

And I was on a great hike in the Siebengebirge with a friend today. It was kinda full on top of the hill but people keep themselves separated from other groups of two. Everyone is following the orders well.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

cant cook creole bream posted:

And I was on a great hike in the Siebengebirge with a friend today. It was kinda full on top of the hill but people keep themselves separated from other groups of two. Everyone is following the orders well.

Except, you know, not doing hikes at all.

https://www.alpenverein.de/in-der-corona-krise-keine-bergtouren-aber-in-bewegung-bleiben_aid_34793.html

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

The DAV can't give out orders lol

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Shut up, you're not my real Alpenverein

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

This actually falls under "Erkundung der nahegelegenen Hügel" so it's even explicitly recommended by the DAV. Of course I would not go into some alpine no man's land where a broken leg would mean a transport via helicopter, or certain death.

Also rock climbing is explicitly forbidden for that reason. But we didn't do that either. The chance for a medical emergency were not significantly higher than down the road from home.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Apr 11, 2020

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cant cook creole bream posted:

"Erkundung der nahegelegenen Hügel"

Aber die Laufhäuser haben doch auch zu wegen dem Corona. :confused:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Man, that speech bubble is superfluous.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Dritted.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
https://twitter.com/klausurrelefant/status/1248718602842365954

Sereri posted:

:hmmyes:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hopper posted:

If you didn't buy all but the least shelf stable groceries by Tuesday and bought the rest on Thrusday morning, I don't know what to tell you. Even normal 3 day weekends without a pandemic make the supermarkets look like WW3 has started and you won't be able to go shopping for a week. Add a pandemic and you get lines out the shop.

What do you mean by fresh milk and "normal milk"? I consider fresh refrigerated milk normal. Do you mean H-Milch? That is probably because the next milk delivery will come Tuesday and everybody bought milk for 4 days, that's not related to corona. I bought 6 l fresh milk on Monday, they will last until next Wednesday because gently caress going to the store in Tuesday. But that is normal Easter planning for me every year.

Sorry for the confusion, I consider 1,5% H-milk "normal" and the refrigerated version of the same thing is "fresh" in my mind, because get this, it's colder

I just thought it was funny that the pre-cooled H-milk was gone, but the totally normal un-cooled version was stapled to the ceiling.

Just give every kid a Golfschläger and hide some Golfbälle among the Eier. Problem solved. :colbert:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

:ohno:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Libluini posted:

Sorry for the confusion, I consider 1,5% H-milk "normal" and the refrigerated version of the same thing is "fresh" in my mind, because get this, it's colder

I just thought it was funny that the pre-cooled H-milk was gone, but the totally normal un-cooled version was stapled to the ceiling

Oh you mean länger haltbare Milch. I see, never considered that H-Milch. To me it is all either fresh (3.5/1.5 cooled) or H-Milch as in the non-cooled stuff that lasts for weeks and has a funny aftertaste.

And then there was real milk you can only really buy directly from the farmer ad have to boil before drinking, which is increasingly hard to get...

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Libluini posted:

Yeah, no! That's wrong and you are a bad person.
Regular milk is milk. H-milk is regular milk which was previously heated above 150 degrees Celsius. This makes it keep longer but makes it taste awful, because it also destroys vitamins and messes with the protein structure.

Regular milk has to be stores in a fridge, H-milk doesn't.

The way you talk about it, it sounds like you produce fresh milk by putting H-milk into a fridge.
In case you are wondering, the H stands for Haltbar.

And yes, obviously H-milk last longer, so it's easier to keep in a store, while fresh milk has to be tossed each week.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Apr 11, 2020

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Die neue Homeofficehängebusenelite.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
A few years ago they introduced länger haltbare Milch which isn’t quite as bad as h-Milch but still worse than “fresh” (not raw, just what was sold before they introduced länger haltbare) milk and which is unfortunately the norm these days. But all that doesn’t matter because you can get pretty good Hafermilk these days (the dark blue Oatly which is stored in the fridge is my fave).

ABen
Jul 11, 2008

Look - we need to have a stiff upper lip about this Black Death business.

Hopper posted:

And then there was real milk you can only really buy directly from the farmer ad have to boil before drinking, which is increasingly hard to get...

How is raw milk in Germany, BTW? I have a 24 hour automat at the farm up the road that sells things like milk, eggs, and wurst for really good prices (and is open holidays, Sundays, and 24-hours).

The only time I've ever bothered to boil raw milk so far was when my wife was pregnant - still a good idea to do regardless? Or are you just flirting with a bit of a stomach bug if you get unlucky?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Auch „Milch ab Hof“, die in Rohmilchautomaten (sogenannten Milchtankstellen) abgegeben wird, wird im Lebensmittel- und Veterinärinstitut Braunschweig/Hannover des LAVES regelmäßig mikrobiologisch untersucht. Im Untersuchungszeitraum Januar 2016 bis August 2017 wurden insgesamt 100 solcher Proben auf die folgenden mikrobiologischen Parameter untersucht: Gesamtkeimzahl, Escherichia, koagulasepositive Staphylokokken, Salmonellen, Campylobacter, VTEC und Listerien.

Insgesamt 19 Prozent der Proben zeigten eine auffällige Gesamtkeimzahl, was unter anderem auf Hygienemängel hindeuten kann. Fast jede zehnte Milch aus Rohmilchautomaten enthielt krankmachende Keime (Pathogene). Auch wenn die Tiere im Stall gesund erscheinen und das Melken sehr sorgfältig und sauber durchgeführt wird, können über die Rohmilch Krankheitserreger vom Tier auf den Menschen übertragen werden (sogenannte Zoonose-Erreger).