Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
I always just used LOOT to get the load order. It launches out of MO2 but you have to get in it when you think you’ve added something that needs to be sorted.

Never really had any problems I could attribute to load order using it and the game always ran in spite of my baffling and sometimes redundant choices first time using Skyrim mods last month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
This is like the Xeno's Paradox of modding. I complete a few steps and suddenly, more steps appear ahead!

Do I need to worry about SSEEdit (Quick Auto Clean)? I don't think I bothered with that five years ago. Okay, I run it, and I auto-clean Update.esm, and it goes all the way through and to the end, and it produces some records, but I have no flippin' idea what to do with those, nor can I then seem to tell it to clean another DLC like Hearthfire without completely quitting SSEEdit and starting it up again. Did that undo the work "cleaning" Update.esm? I don't know.

EDIT: No, I'm not trying to clean more than one mod at a time. I'm saying that it seems to finish doing whatever it was doing, and I am unclear on the next steps. I'll read that just-linked tutorial.

quote:

3. Allow xEdit to completely load (indicated by the phrase "Background Loader: Finished" at the bottom of the screen).
4. Right-click on any plugin shown.
5. In the right-click menu, select Other -> Options.
6. In the window that appears, uncheck Simple Records LAND, NAVI, NAVM, CELL, WRLD (Requires Restart).
7. Click OK.
8. Exit xEdit.

Okay, so quitting and starting up again is correct. Good to know.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Apr 11, 2020

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

This is like the Xeno's Paradox of modding. I complete a few steps and suddenly, more steps appear ahead!

Do I need to worry about SSEEdit (Quick Auto Clean)? I don't think I bothered with that five years ago. Okay, I run it, and I auto-clean Update.esm, and it goes all the way through and to the end, and it produces some records, but I have no flippin' idea what to do with those, nor can I then seem to tell it to clean another DLC like Hearthfire without completely quitting SSEEdit and starting it up again. Did that undo the work "cleaning" Update.esm? I don't know.

xEdits auto clean is one at a time only. If you were to load multiple files with the autoclean parameter, and I'm not sure if that is even possible because that thought never occured to me, you'd, at best, be cleaning the correct records from the wrong files, which does a lot of things but not the ones you actually want. :)

I would suggest you read this guide.

https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/User:Darkladylexy/Lexys_LOTD_SE

Not all of it, mind you, just the parts that address your questions.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Games > Skyrim Modding: Xeno's Paradox: The Game

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

Eric the Mauve posted:

Games > Skyrim Modding: Xeno's Paradox: The Game

God it's too real

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020
not Skyrim but are there any mods for Oblivion to fix the faces and the level scaling?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

NotNut posted:

not Skyrim but are there any mods for Oblivion to fix the faces and the level scaling?

Oblivion Character Overhaul v2.0
And
Maskar’s Oblivion Overhaul

Both are must plays for me.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Has anyone ever had a problem where From Deepest Fathoms (the female Argonian that starts Unfathomable Depths) won’t spawn once you hit level 14? I try player.moveto with her ID (00019de2) and it takes me to a corner of the Riften Bunkhouse and she is no where in sight. I also tried spawning her, but even using the ref ID it just spawns a dummy clone that talks in generic speak and doesn’t have the Lexicon in her inventory.

What’s worse is that from what I’ve seen in SSEEdit, none of my mods has anything to do with either the her spawning or starting the quest.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Has anyone ever had a problem where From Deepest Fathoms (the female Argonian that starts Unfathomable Depths) won’t spawn once you hit level 14? I try player.moveto with her ID (00019de2) and it takes me to a corner of the Riften Bunkhouse and she is no where in sight. I also tried spawning her, but even using the ref ID it just spawns a dummy clone that talks in generic speak and doesn’t have the Lexicon in her inventory.

What’s worse is that from what I’ve seen in SSEEdit, none of my mods has anything to do with either the her spawning or starting the quest.

That's happened to me. I had to leave the cell for some number of days, and come back at a higher level.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

That's happened to me. I had to leave the cell for some number of days, and come back at a higher level.

Is it like a vanilla bug? And was it long enough to require a full cell reset (which is about, 10 in game days if I remember right)

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

She's not essential so she might be dead.
Check the Hall of the Dead in Riften, if she is indeed dead there is a coffin with the lexicon in it.

Or try enabling her.

prid 00019de2
enable
player.moveto

If both options fail the only way to get the quest done is by using the console and going through the quest stages that way.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

Eric the Mauve posted:

I don't know why it's so hard to resist the urge to Stealth Archer everything. Taking 4 followers with me and Leeroy Jenkinsing into a forsworn camp and slaughtering everything that moves is the most fun I ever have in Skyrim, but the next barb camp that comes along, I find myself carefully sneaking around with my bow and suddenly think, why the hell am I doing this?

Knocking bandits off the top of Valtheim Towers from every imaginable hiding spot and watching them drop, burning, into the river will never get old.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Myron Baloney posted:

Knocking bandits off the top of Valtheim Towers from every imaginable hiding spot and watching them drop, burning, into the river will never get old.

have never gotten even past the first act of the main quest, but always clear valtheim this way every game

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Ultimately, rushing into camps while every enemy bum rushes your rear end isn't interesting. Bethsoft melee has never been interesting. The game doesn't let you methodically pick enemies apart the way, say, Far Cry would, but it makes combat less of a chore. Skyrim's ranged physics (including shouts) are as satisfying as the combat gets

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
They should plug in Dark Messiah's melee combat.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

Ultimately, rushing into camps while every enemy bum rushes your rear end isn't interesting. Bethsoft melee has never been interesting. The game doesn't let you methodically pick enemies apart the way, say, Far Cry would, but it makes combat less of a chore. Skyrim's ranged physics (including shouts) are as satisfying as the combat gets

I think this is why every single time I try to make a "MANLY WARRIOR MAN MAGIC IS FOR THE KNIFE EARS" type Nord/Redguard character, they almost always turn into an Archer or a Battlemage.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Is it like a vanilla bug? And was it long enough to require a full cell reset (which is about, 10 in game days if I remember right)

It's been quite a few years, but that sounds about right.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
I wanted to try using "Bounty Gold SSE", for scaling of the bounty quest rewards, but it's supposed to have a SkyUI menu plugin, and it's not showing up. The only thing the posts on the Nexus say is that it might be a conflict with "Even Better Quest Objectives SE", but the steps I took to try and resolve it didn't. (Disable both, save, then enable both). Right now Bounty Gold SSE is disabled.

Of course, one possible cause might be that I never actually cleaned any of the plugins. I got to the part where Mod Manager says "There are files in your overwrite directory", but I have no idea what I'm supposed to do after that point. Something about making a new blank mod and dragging the overwrite files in, but that didn't seem to do anything productive. (At that point I said "screw it" and started playing anyway.)

I also wanted to install Follower Commentary Overhaul, but that seems to have a Form 43 issue. I fixed that issue with A Quality World Map by loading and saving the mod, but I'm not sure if that'll fix it in this case.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I wanted to try using "Bounty Gold SSE", for scaling of the bounty quest rewards, but it's supposed to have a SkyUI menu plugin, and it's not showing up. The only thing the posts on the Nexus say is that it might be a conflict with "Even Better Quest Objectives SE", but the steps I took to try and resolve it didn't. (Disable both, save, then enable both). Right now Bounty Gold SSE is disabled.

Of course, one possible cause might be that I never actually cleaned any of the plugins. I got to the part where Mod Manager says "There are files in your overwrite directory", but I have no idea what I'm supposed to do after that point. Something about making a new blank mod and dragging the overwrite files in, but that didn't seem to do anything productive. (At that point I said "screw it" and started playing anyway.)

I also wanted to install Follower Commentary Overhaul, but that seems to have a Form 43 issue. I fixed that issue with A Quality World Map by loading and saving the mod, but I'm not sure if that'll fix it in this case.

Do you have the script extender?

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

it will

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Skwirl posted:

Do you have the script extender?

Of course. That's required by a bunch of mods including SkyUI. And I am putting it in below "Even Better Quest Objectives SE" in the load order like it says to do.

Thanks, just wanted to make sure.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Adding this to the OP

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Check out my new mod :smuggo:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

No dragon loving, 2/5

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
I just made one (not published yet) which slightly tweaks the distance location icons appear on the compass, because I couldn't stand using bashkov's Reduce Compass Range any more.

The lowest change to bashkov's compass range, what he called "Medium" was a 70% cut in range, which meant that you could plainly see the structure well before the icon showed up. Mine uses the settings of Xrande's version for Legendary Edition, which is only a 40% cut in range. It still cuts down on the marker spam substantially, but it doesn't blind the compass to that extreme. Things do still show up from fairly far, so I'll probably also make a second version which splits the difference to a 55% cut in range.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Nice. Will install once it's published.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Check out my other new mod that sucks because it doesn't have dragon loving. :smuggo: It's a port of my SPERG add-on to Ordinator. It improves(?) single-weapon One-handed combat by adding new perks.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I barfed because you looked in my eyes!
Are there any working mods for SE that allow you to fast travel when indoors? I've tried Mark's Fast Travel From Interiors, Fast Travel When Indoors (the latest version), and Fast Travel From Interiors and they're all either out of date or just don't work.

Fast travel is already pretty generous in Skyrim, but sometimes when I'm three levels deep into a dungeon it can feel pretty claustrophobic and I just wanna teleport to the surface to breathe free again.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

7seven7 posted:

Are there any working mods for SE that allow you to fast travel when indoors? I've tried Mark's Fast Travel From Interiors, Fast Travel When Indoors (the latest version), and Fast Travel From Interiors and they're all either out of date or just don't work.

Fast travel is already pretty generous in Skyrim, but sometimes when I'm three levels deep into a dungeon it can feel pretty claustrophobic and I just wanna teleport to the surface to breathe free again.

Just COC Riverwood then fast travel to where you really want to go.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Alternatively, look into Mark and Recall and Intervention mods, which re-create the Morrowind spells. Mark and Recall let you Mark a spot and then Recall to it later. Intervention spells take you to the nearest temple in a town, and I'm pretty sure all 9 Hold Capitals at least have a temple to Arkay.

That way if you want to get out of a dungeon for a breath you can Mark where you're at, Intervention off to the nearest town and sell loot, heal up, etc., then Recall back to the exact spot you were in before.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
A couple of questions.

I'm looking for some mods that enhance Thievery and/or the Thieves Guild quests. Any recommendations (or cautions on things to avoid)?

Is Shenk’s Thievery Overhaul compatible with Thieves Guild for Good Guys?

I’m also looking for a mod that makes dungeons a lot darker or even removes lights from areas uninhabited and unvisited by people. That would make spells like Candle/Magelight more useful. ...However, If I get one of those, I’d also probably want some kind of Night-Eye spell for sneaky characters so I don’t have to be forced into being Kahjiit, which works with those. I'm also not sure if a "no lights mod" would end up being too tedious or ruin the aesthetics.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

A couple of questions.

I'm looking for some mods that enhance Thievery and/or the Thieves Guild quests. Any recommendations (or cautions on things to avoid)?

I haven't used Shenk's, but at a glance it looks like they should be compatible, Good Guys just changes a few lines of dialog during the main thieves quest line so you don't have to strong arm people during the collection quest or burn down the bee hives.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

A couple of questions.

I’m also looking for a mod that makes dungeons a lot darker or even removes lights from areas uninhabited and unvisited by people. That would make spells like Candle/Magelight more useful. ...However, If I get one of those, I’d also probably want some kind of Night-Eye spell for sneaky characters so I don’t have to be forced into being Kahjiit, which works with those. I'm also not sure if a "no lights mod" would end up being too tedious or ruin the aesthetics.

I'm on my phone so I can't look it up right now, but I think there's a mod that turns off all lighting in dungeons dynamically. You can turn the lights back on with a torch or fire spell, or you can install it to just turn out all lights. I think it's like "seriously darker dungeons" or something. It's cool but it's scripted so it sometimes fucks with my game but it might be something you'd enjoy

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

At work, but i think I use the realistic lighting overhaul
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/844

Doing a no-magic run, so yeah I need torches all the time.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Thieves Guild Requirements is a good one. Won’t let you join the guild until you have actually, y’know, actually stole and pickpocketed a few things to show you are actually a thief, and you won’t be able to advance it’s main storyline until you can pass some skill checks (which you change, or just turn off).

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I barfed because you looked in my eyes!

Skwirl posted:

Just COC Riverwood then fast travel to where you really want to go.

I'd totally forgotten about COC - thanks.

Sky Shadowing posted:

Alternatively, look into Mark and Recall and Intervention mods, which re-create the Morrowind spells. Mark and Recall let you Mark a spot and then Recall to it later. Intervention spells take you to the nearest temple in a town, and I'm pretty sure all 9 Hold Capitals at least have a temple to Arkay.

That way if you want to get out of a dungeon for a breath you can Mark where you're at, Intervention off to the nearest town and sell loot, heal up, etc., then Recall back to the exact spot you were in before.

I think Apocalypse has a variant of mark and recall. I've never tried it before, but that's a good shout.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Thieves Guild Requirements is a good one. Won’t let you join the guild until you have actually, y’know, actually stole and pickpocketed a few things to show you are actually a thief, and you won’t be able to advance it’s main storyline until you can pass some skill checks (which you change, or just turn off).

Counter point: being an impossibly well armored daedra worshipping juggernaut that kills their way through thieves guild quests specifically to piss off Maven and Brynjolf is thief-y enough. The "Pink Mohawk" method is an acceptable and superior form of gameplay :colbert:

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Oh good, I pressed the wrong button in Mod Organizer 2 and apparently wiped out all my saved games (or rather, the game can no longer see them). That's nice.

I wanted to start a new character, but the profile was apparently set up as Default. I wanted to make a new character use a different set of mods, so I opened up the profiles panel. I made the mistake of checking "Use profile-specific Save Games", but even after unchecking, I can't see them.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 20, 2020

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Oh good, I pressed the wrong button in Mod Organizer 2 and apparently wiped out all my saved games (or rather, the game can no longer see them). That's nice.
Did you switch profiles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Raygereio posted:

Did you switch profiles?

Yes. Selecting the other one showed them up again. But I'm sure it had been set to "Default" and not the other one, which is why it seemed to have vanished.

EDIT: Yep, still hosed up. That mistake I made confused something. The list of plugins loaded and unloaded changed, and now it thinks a really important one I had loaded isn't. (Obscure's College of Winterhold.)

I think I'm better off just scrapping these saves and starting over, I was starting to get overleveled (32) and bored.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Apr 20, 2020