Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

DesperateDan posted:

Slugs and snails, and I will roast and crush some eggshells to put round the bases of the plants because it's not perfect

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/sep/27/eggshell-and-copper-tape-do-not-protect-veg-from-slugs-and-snails

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lmao

https://twitter.com/JonParton_/status/1248982193638162433

:thunk:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I'm here practically 24/7 fighting against the lies and hype surrounding the COVID-19 panic. The media over-reaction is intended to break the Trump economy! If I helped you in 2016 and you appreciate my voice now, please donate generously. Thanks. :-)

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
WOO 20,000 deaths in the USA! We did it baby!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Apparently we were still at 10,000 deaths on Tuesday. Today is Saturday.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Who could have predicted people who believe the earth was made in 7 days by a invisible Santa Claus in the sky wouldn't like scientific facts?

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Nodelphi posted:

I’m published in the AJP you dick! All this time I was just published in some scam journal?!

You mean you’re the “reviewer” responsible for me having to go back and do all that editing?

Well played sir.

it was a lot of set up for a practical joke, but it was all worth it to see this reaction

please teach me the secrets of the interleukins

Nodelphi posted:

ER goon update: Despite administration assuring us we have gowns we do not in fact have gowns. They also want us to cut nursing staff because the overall census is down. I tried to calmly explain that while census is indeed down the acuity is higher and the patients we are getting require more time and resources. They insisted on the cuts and imply cutting ER physician hours is next.

I know this is one case but we got approval to try an IL6 inhibitor on a patient and there was a significant, rapid effect. Patient went from 15L oxygen and being on the verge of intubation to only needing 2L oxygen in the span of 2 hours after treatment. That seems to be real deal and I hope word on that is getting around.

having lots of IL6 is bad? apparently? did anything come of this?

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Gripweed posted:

Apparently we were still at 10,000 deaths on Tuesday. Today is Saturday.

also need to look at growth curve of total NYC deaths above seasonal average

bet that's going to skyrocket in the next few weeks as hospitals in general become the bottleneck for identification.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Don’t want you to get addicted to having a place to live and food to eat during the worst economic disaster of our lifetimes

Isn’t UC a state level thing? Why is the federal government butting in?

Feds have to step in and help when millions of people need unemployment all at once.

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

IHME model still crushing it - deaths well within the MOE.

might as well open up for sunday. it'll be a marvelous thing to see all those packed churches!

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Thoguh posted:

Feds have to step in and help when millions of people need unemployment all at once.

Lol imagine being this naive.

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
estrogen is an IL6 inhibitor, in my medical opinion all boomer men need to begin transitioning for their own health

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
if deaths go down: "social distancing worked, now let's get back out there, end the quarantines and get back to work!"

if deaths don't go down: "social distancing didn't work, so let's get back out there, end the quarantines and get back to work!"

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

seattle plague rat posted:

estrogen is an IL6 inhibitor, in my medical opinion all boomer men need to begin transitioning for their own health

Is this why women are dying less

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

seattle plague rat posted:

you joke but as i recall twice as many men are dying than women

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
who loving knows

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

i recommend a daily dose of fish tank cleaner, tuberculosis vaccine, and estrogen. you'll be back to wage slavery in no time.

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

*new cases start going down everywhere but US and Sweden*

America is an exception! Much like gun control, virus control is impossible!

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

lol everyone on that call is playing candy crush

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Thoguh posted:

Scalia is extremely intentionally doing the opposite of helping, though

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Scalia is extremely intentionally doing the opposite of helping, though

being dead is a kind of helping?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

1300 dead before lunchtime :smith:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
going to be amazing when in four months we find out america has not been trying to find a vaccine at all

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Thoguh posted:

They really don't, at most this is going to be "guidance" isn't it ? States will follow the guidance as they see fit right?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The Pussy Boss posted:

1300 dead before lunchtime :smith:

Hell yeah baby, America

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

anime was right posted:

going to be amazing when in four months we find out america has not been trying to find a vaccine at all

excuse me the billionaires are working on it from their isolation yachts

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

fosborb posted:

jfc if you're going to be meta contrarian about presumed thread monolithic thought at least be loving funny about it than this plodding d&d bullshit

in much better content, Texas, this is for you: 800 273 8255

https://twitter.com/ChauncyOnTV/status/1248959413089599488?s=19

doesnt matter, cities and counties will entirely ignore him

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
the mypillow guy will find a cure

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

theyre busy brainstorming a trade name for it first. leading candidate, Plaguard.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

"If no one can claim unemployment benefits, then there is no unemployment." *Taps head meme*

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

there currently isnt enough masks and pee for the doctors. clinical trials? yeah right.

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

Korean Boomhauer posted:

the mypillow guy will find a cure

he is very much a part of the disease

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

eric ciaramella posted:

there currently isnt enough masks and pee for the doctors. clinical trials? yeah right.

critical pee shortage!

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Marzzle posted:

if u get married to them then they're totally a decent person like the cato wife guy's wife in the doomsday econ thread who I increasingly believe is just trolling the gently caress out of cspam with his imaginary "sociopath wife with a heart of gold"

She’s just Lutheran, let’s not exaggerate.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Admiral Ray posted:

excuse me the billionaires are working on it from their isolation yachts

bless the sacrifices they are making on our behalf

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

I'm at the perfect stage of dunning kruger to tell you the rhs don't know poo poo and my plants are protected nicely

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
if anything coronavirus could potentially be the cure for the mypillow guy

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Lawman 0 posted:

Is china?

I thought Vietnam went less one country two systems.do they even have billionaires?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

lol tat this graph looks just like the graph for unemployment applications over the same time span