Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

twoday posted:

looking good, I was wondering if there was enough enthusiasm for a c-spam gardening thread, I have questions

:justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

wait is this real?

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.
If cali left the entire west coast and a good chunk of the east coast would go with it because theres no point in sticking around any longer at that point because it would assure a continued GOP domination of the government

Doctor
Jul 22, 2005

GO TO YOUR ROOM!
cmon California sign up for Cascadia let’s gooooooo

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.
So cases are going to loving explode 1-2 weeks from now. I know some folks who insist on getting together for Easter and they justify it by saying "we've been social distancing so it'll be fine"

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Heartcatch posted:

California would be great as its own nation, except I have reservations about the power of techbros. Of that which I am on a lower rung of the caste.

Maybe if Cascadia united with California, it could temper that.

adding amazon, microsoft, etc. to the mix won't help the techbro problem unfortunately

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

:boom:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Agrajag posted:

wait is this real?

in that Newsom has been making an emphasis of saying "nation-state" recently, yes

I don't think there's an actual secession movement forming yet (outside the cranks), but the groundwork is being laid, particularly if some bullshit happens in November like cancelling the elections or if Trump wins again and cranks the acceleration to max

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Lady Militant posted:

because it would assure a continued GOP domination of the government

i mean it's already there. you have states where like 500 people control 2% of the senate and its very easy to buy for peanuts. gop peeps like sinclair, murdoch, etc spent the better part of the 90s and 00s buying up local rags, tv, radio networks across the midwest and great lakes and consolidating them into sinclair broadcasting for very cheap mass produced propaganda as well; and passed lots of voter poo poo like student's can't vote, 1 polling station for the entire city of milwaukee; repealing and banning mail-in voting, etc

also democrats are a waste and a terrible party of neolibs who are completely onboard with the gop anyways

Xaris has issued a correction as of 20:09 on Apr 11, 2020

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

etalian posted:

Who could have predicted people who believe the earth was made in 7 days by a invisible Santa Claus in the sky wouldn't like scientific facts?

TBF to this supreme court, they did rule a few months ago that the KS constitution guarantees a right to an abortion so they're not all crazy religious nutbacks

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Charun posted:

IHME model still crushing it - deaths well within the MOE.

might as well open up for sunday. it'll be a marvelous thing to see all those packed churches!

This graph is freaking me out because I know it should peak but it sure doesn't feel like it

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

FAUXTON posted:

are people still getting uniquely mad at steakumms for podcasting via tweet

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

FAUXTON posted:

defend more brands freak. What are your favorite brands and corporate identities loser

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

etalian posted:

Who could have predicted people who believe the earth was made in 7 days by a invisible Santa Claus in the sky wouldn't like scientific facts?

At this point the fault is mine for continuing to read this thread

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
i'm my own personal brand and i will love and defend myself

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

speng31b posted:

This graph is freaking me out because I know it should peak but it sure doesn't feel like it

it's not peaking lol, for it to make such a sharp turn down is pretty much impossible in our current situation. and states like florida or texas haven't even hit their peak. in a week we won't even bother looking back at this graph because it will be so hilariously out of date

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Agrajag posted:

wait is this real?

Warboss Newsom to overthrow the corrupt federal government while suppressing Cascadia insurgents.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Algund Eenboom posted:

defend more brands freak. What are your favorite brands and corporate identities loser

lol you think podcasting is good

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
i've been out of the loop, has there been any bojo updated beyond him being out of ICU and able to walk short distances?

i'm praying for death

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

mod sassinator posted:

i've been out of the loop, has there been any bojo updated beyond him being out of ICU and able to walk short distances?

i'm praying for death

he appears to be alive

hope that helps

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mod sassinator posted:

it's not peaking lol, for it to make such a sharp turn down is pretty much impossible in our current situation. and states like florida or texas haven't even hit their peak. in a week we won't even bother looking back at this graph because it will be so hilariously out of date

people keep envisioning "peak" as some sort of sharp /^\ movement when it's really going to be more like a very slow curve down

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

While a plurality of Americans (43%) say the new coronavirus most likely came about naturally, nearly three-in-ten (29%) say it most likely was created in a lab, according to a Pew Research Center survey as part of the Center’s nearly yearlong Election News Pathways project.

Around a quarter of adults (23%) say it is most likely that the current strain of coronavirus was developed intentionally in a lab; another 6% say it was most likely made accidentally in a lab. A quarter say they aren’t sure where the virus originated.

When it comes to political affiliation and ideology, Republicans and Republican-leaning independents are more likely than Democrats and Democratic leaners to say the coronavirus was created in a lab (37% vs. 21%). About four-in-ten conservative Republicans say this (39%), the largest share of any ideological group.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

Xaris posted:

i mean it's already there. you have states where like 500 people control 2% of the senate and its very easy to buy for peanuts. gop peeps like sinclair, murdoch, etc spent the better part of the 90s and 00s buying up local rags, tv, radio networks across the midwest and great lakes and consolidating them into sinclair broadcasting for very cheap mass produced propaganda as well; and passed lots of voter poo poo like student's can't vote, 1 polling station for the entire city of milwaukee; repealing and banning mail-in voting, etc

also democrats are a waste and a terrible party of neolibs who are completely onboard with the gop anyways

yeah but there is still at least the appearance of the possibility of accountability and democracy which is indeed important for keeping the masses in line. that facade weakens every single day, but it's still there. even the dumbest state level democrat can figure in the current system what would happen if cali left.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
maybe I should stop watching disaster movies on netflix

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

SKULL.GIF posted:

in that Newsom has been making an emphasis of saying "nation-state" recently, yes

I don't think there's an actual secession movement forming yet (outside the cranks), but the groundwork is being laid, particularly if some bullshit happens in November like cancelling the elections or if Trump wins again and cranks the acceleration to max

also if there is a bunch of fuckery with the census

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Heartcatch posted:

California would be great as its own nation, except I have reservations about the power of techbros. Of that which I am on a lower rung of the caste.

Maybe if Cascadia united with California, it could temper that.

We could take the PNW with us. Maybe Nevada too.

But not arizona. loving zonies go home

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

SKULL.GIF posted:

I mean California is probably best positioned to secede of all the states since they can receive imports on the coast, but how petty would Trump get

-Ban all flights coming to and from California?
-Build a wall around the entire state and treat it like Mexico?

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Good Citizen posted:

We could take the PNW with us. Maybe Nevada too.

But not arizona. loving zonies go home

we need arizona, nevada, utah, and colorado for water rights

new mexico will be made a buffer state between CA and texas

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

is gavin newsom related to that harp lady?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Arizona is a hard sell..

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/joesonka/status/1249026121879957505

https://mobile.twitter.com/joesonka/status/1249029215250497537

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

MorrisBae posted:

I mean California is probably best positioned to secede of all the states since they can receive imports on the coast, but how petty would Trump get

-Ban all flights coming to and from California?
-Build a wall around the entire state and treat it like Mexico?

invade, and lose the war probably

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
seattle is basically already in BC, you guys do whatever

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

Broken Machine posted:

gavin newsoms current wife spends 16+ hours a day on twitter and facebook. on twitter her handle is @ESTABLISHMENT_DEM or somewthing like that

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Gringostar posted:

we need arizona, nevada, utah, and colorado for water rights

new mexico will be made a buffer state between CA and texas

there's actually quite a lot of aquifer left in the central valley, despite it's accelerating rate of consumption in order to grow almonds and pistachios for-profit. and farming is still mostly just 'dump mass amounts of water on the land' without recapture and modern techniques used to minimize water because muh profits. that could pretty easily be retooled and managed to use only emergency supplemental aquifer-irrigation and grow like, normal people food like broccoli, lettuce, tomatoes, etc and would last hundreds of years.

there is also a lot of runoff from sierras and lot of norcal water that pretty much does all residential and industrial consumption easily, and a lot is taken by the federal central water project to give to big ag for 1 penny per 100000 acre-ft. CVP has also helped facilitate a big shitshow of megag corps and really wasteful farming. almsot all of it goes to ag and comes from shasta/sierras

colorado water basin is basically going to be dead as it is anyways. lake mead and others are drying up big time and have maybe a couple decades left.

also pacnw has a shitton of water, esp off the snake river. there was a lot of planned water projects that were going to utilize it but were never done because it just wasn't necessary or feasible.

Xaris has issued a correction as of 20:26 on Apr 11, 2020

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Charun posted:

*new cases start going down everywhere but US and Sweden*

America is an exception! Much like gun control, virus control is impossible!
Sweden have made it look more and more like The Seventh Seal was a documentary.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Heartcatch posted:

Arizona is a hard sell..

also arizona has one of the largest intel manufacturing plants in the nation so it would be good to take it with us

plus, once you get north of phoenix arizona actually rules

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Broken Machine posted:

second cousins

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
lot of national stereotypes being laid bare

so much for swedens ultra-competent bloodless aristocracy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

You know at least the ottomans attempted to reform