Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

That's why you turn the text speed way down so you can't read ahead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sure I'll just turn down the sound and play someone scraping their nails down a blackboard too

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'll skip to the next text box when they reach the end of a sentence because it feels rude to interrupt while they're still speaking

but if I like the voice actor or the line they're going to say is cool then I won't skip

Spellman
May 31, 2011

SeANMcBAY posted:

It's not their only Mario RPG series though. They probably will make another Paper Mario for Switch or maybe even make a new Mario RPG series. Maybe Mario RPG 2 can finally happen.:v:

Imagine they team with Squeenix

They design it like the FFVII remake

>realtime Geno combat 🤯

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

OhFunny posted:

Edea's name has gone from being announced "E-d-ah" to "Id-e-ah"

Unacceptable!

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
A bunch of 3DS games are on sale at the eshop, most notably Sega and Atlus offerings.

Any big stand outs to consider? Now's a pretty good time to have some long form games on hand.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I picked up EO5 as it seems to be the best in the series.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I really don't like being forced to pick between two jobs in Bravely Second.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Be grateful, people have a hard time picking one job in these tough times.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Shadow225 posted:

I really don't like being forced to pick between two jobs in Bravely Second.

I agree. I am in Chapter 5, and some of these boss fights are starting to rely on planning out a counter to them.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Rise up 3DS

CFox
Nov 9, 2005
I actually just picked up a 2DSXL a month ago refurbished from Nintendo. After putting some custom firmware on it this thing it's been the best little quarantine buddy. Having the best of the GBA/DS/3DS library available just puts everything else I have to shame. All I need now is for Nintendo to get some refurbished units in stock so I can get a couple more 2DS for the kids so they stop stealing mine.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
I needed a chill game for the times so I started Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns, and it's fun. Still early and I'm playing on veteran which I hope I dont regret, but other than the first ingame week I seem to be doing alright managing my stamina; I picked the charmer skill so I have been able to eat with some families so that helps. Felt a bit overwhelmed at first but taking it slow. I like that there's a dedicated button for saying hello as you run by people.

This is my first Harvest Moon post-Stardew Valley and I'm interested to see how much I like it in-comparison, as I felt Stardew Valley nearly perfected the HM formula.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m curious how the FOMT remake will be in a post Stardew World. Has anyone found any impressions from the Japanese version?

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’m curious how the FOMT remake will be in a post Stardew World. Has anyone found any impressions from the Japanese version?

I loved FOMT and would love to hear impressions too. I don't have a Switch or plan to get one in the near future so I'd be out of luck unless they bring it to PC, like they did that Doraemon story of seasons.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

PlushCow posted:

I loved FOMT and would love to hear impressions too. I don't have a Switch or plan to get one in the near future so I'd be out of luck unless they bring it to PC, like they did that Doraemon story of seasons.

It has some nice quality of life improvements and there’s same sex marriage now but I’m curious about everything else. It’s been put a while in Japanese and it’s weird I haven’t seen much on it.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

CFox posted:

I actually just picked up a 2DSXL a month ago refurbished from Nintendo. After putting some custom firmware on it this thing it's been the best little quarantine buddy. Having the best of the GBA/DS/3DS library available just puts everything else I have to shame. All I need now is for Nintendo to get some refurbished units in stock so I can get a couple more 2DS for the kids so they stop stealing mine.

Hearing this story a lot

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is SMT Strange Journey Redux worth picking up?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Do you like SMT? Do you like Etrian Odyssey? Would you like to see the two of them combined in a hellish nightmare of bullshit map design?

If so, then sure!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The soundtrack is bomb as hell and I think it's a good dungeon crawler but it is very hard

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

CFox posted:

poo poo, they still had some 3DS XLs last I checked. That was weeks ago though.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Ryuga Death posted:

Is SMT Strange Journey Redux worth picking up?

If you like the SMT grind, yes absolutely. If you don't know if you do, I'd start with Devil Survivor or maybe SMT4 with the understanding that the difficulty curve is insane at the start and drops off rapidly after the minotaur eats your face 15 times.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
So that buy 2 get 2 deal Gamespot run a few weeks back. I ended up getting Super Mario 64 DS, Super Mario 3D Land, Fire Emblem: Shadows of Valencia, and Paper Mario: Sticker Star. I wanted New Super Mario Bros 2 instead of Paper Mario, but they didn’t have it.

CFox
Nov 9, 2005

E2M2 posted:

poo poo, they still had some 3DS XLs last I checked. That was weeks ago though.

Yea I'm pretty sure they have the refurbished program shut down right now because of covid. Hopefully it'll start back up soonish.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Assuming plentiful storage, what games would you always have installed on 3DS for optimal quick play experiences? Think like 10-30 minute bursts

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Wario Ware Gold
Picross 3D 2
Rhythm Heaven Megamix
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call
Mario 3D land
Etrian odyssey can be played in chunks
SMT: Strange Journey is a good pick up an play game imo
Never played it but Pocket Card Jockey seems cool

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Powerful list to start things off.

I would also add something likeaybe Fantasy Life.

Still looking for more suggestions!

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm embarrassed by the amount of time pocket card jockey took during the first month of owning a 3ds. SMT Strange Journey reception seems pretty divided. I bought 4 and Devil Survivor. Was considering Radiant Historia but a boxed copy can still be had for an okay price so I may just hold out for that though I don't know how feasible that is during these times.

Some more maybe games for your list are Rune Factory 4, Yoshi's Wooly World, and Mario Golf World Tour.

Ryuga Death fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Apr 11, 2020

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I'd go with Rune Factory 4 (though if you have a Switch you might prefer to play Special) and basically any Kirby game. The SMT Devil Survivor games can also be chipped away at, though certain boss fights might be best saved for longer play sessions (basically any boss with Bel anywhere in its name).

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Pocket Card Jockey 2 for switch needs to happen.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Not counting what's listed above, my two best timekillers are DSiware, so I don't know if you can still... buy them? But they're Sudoku and Puzzle League Express.

Also any of the Pushmo/Crashmo/Stretchmo games. Puzzle Quest is always good for a round.
Also the virtual console games have quicksave/quickload so that might be an option. Pokemon TCG?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Commander Keene posted:

I'd go with Rune Factory 4 (though if you have a Switch you might prefer to play Special) and basically any Kirby game. The SMT Devil Survivor games can also be chipped away at, though certain boss fights might be best saved for longer play sessions (basically any boss with Bel anywhere in its name).

I wouldn't say any Kirby game. Epic Yarn has not impressed me much at all.

LemonLimeSoda
Jan 23, 2020
I've been playing Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and can run through a section in about 15 minutes
The game's a lot of fun, it's tough going back from LM3 with the dual analog controls

I never had a 3DS before the Corona pandemic but they're a lot of fun
The grip hurts my hand after awhile so I cant play too long

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I'm finding Bravely Default to be a great game to play in quarantine. easy to snap the thing closed because I'm always making progress with the village thing in game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I wouldn't say any Kirby game. Epic Yarn has not impressed me much at all.

Epic Yarn doesn’t play like a traditional Kirby game. It’s more a side thing that’s really easy even by Kirby game standards. I’d recommend giving a traditional one like Super Star Ultra (the best in the series imo), Triple Deluxe or Robotbot a try still.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

When people say "the 3DS Kirby games" they generally don't mean Kirby's Epic Yarn or Kirby Battle Royale. I forget those two exist half the time.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Epic yarn is a fine chillout game though

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I liked whipping enemies into yarn balls

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
wrong thread oops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It is a pretty good game. I just think of it more as a Wii game than a 3DS game.