Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

variant of grillpilling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

new kind of cat posted:

lol this thread today

gently caress shameful snipe stolen

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

new kind of cat posted:

lol this thread today

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

lmao shopping

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
the nation-state of california, containing the city-states of los angeles and san francisco

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

fits my needs posted:

lmao shopping at Whole Foods

It’s literally cheaper than the local grocery chain if you buy the store brand, Giant Eagle sucks poo poo

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/NorbertElekes/status/1249063547910397955

Number go?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Judakel posted:

Better than any other state is doing a lot of work here.

yeah i mean it's awful, but most states response is 'let them die because it gets -20f during winter' and 'legislate them out of existance to the next city/state over' and continue falling like dominos.

ny is probably the only state that actually does homeless response relatively well by america standards. ca is probably second best and that's saying something because of how awful it is

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

California can't take its ball and go home. What are Californians gonna do, repel the US military with their 5 round capacity rifles and kale rations?

CHUD Force versus the sovereign nation of California would make Grenada look like World War I.

so you’re gonna join the :chud:s to murder a bunch of Californians to shoot a vineyard? drat what a badass

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

fits my needs posted:

so you’re gonna join the :chud:s to murder a bunch of Californians to shoot a vineyard? drat what a badass

he's a first responder, thin red line, show some respect mothetfucker

TEUMP

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

So they're testing less, resulting in less new cases, hospitals are sending people away resulting in hospitalizations going down and the deathrate increasing?

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
[COVID-19 April] The Secret of My Secess

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

[Disclaimer: Armchair epidemiology post]

Thats a lot of words. How does the CDC's latest estimate of an initial R0 of 5.7 affect this?

Charun has issued a correction as of 21:19 on Apr 11, 2020

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Atoramos posted:

So they're testing less, resulting in less new cases, hospitals are sending people away resulting in hospitalizations going down and the deathrate increasing?

And Cuomo got caught gaming numbers the other day by not announcing a large spike in deaths on the day it was reported, and quietly putting it in a new chart the next day

Deaths Report is the new Jobs Report

Apr 7, 2003

eric ciaramella posted:

congrats on your award

The delivery infrastructure here is completely overloaded due to olds, better for me to just go out, but goddamn do people think they’re invincible

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Coronavirus finally came to wrestling

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1249060216634826753

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

whatis posted:

lol if california turned into its own country it would end up being more fascist than the US because of silicon valley techbros

Pretty much. Not to mention that you'd see insane amounts of death because the US would immediately cut off water and blockade California.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Grapplejack posted:

Pretty much. Not to mention that you'd see insane amounts of death because the US would immediately cut off water and blockade California.

most water in california is in-state

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

where's everyone getting masks? is the shortage over?

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Chris James 2 posted:

Coronavirus finally came to wrestling

Vince McMahon is also demanding the company start doing live TV shows again next week because they're "essential media"

https://411mania.com/wrestling/backstage-rumor-wwe-talents-unhappy-live-tv/

quote:

As previously reported, Vince McMahon reportedly made the call for WWE to return to live broadcasts for Raw, NXT, and Smackdown next week at the WWE Performance Center despite Florida having a statewide stay-at-home order in effect right now. Fightful Select has more details on how WWE is apparently getting around this order.

According to the report, some talents at the Smackdown tapings were given a letter if they are at some point questioned by law enforcement. The letter reportedly states that they are “essential media.”

Florida’s stay-at-home order (via The Orlando Sentinel) does allow for the exemption of “Newspapers, television, radio, and other media services.” So, that’s possibly how WWE has been able to get around the issue with statewide shutdowns in Florida and Orange County, where the WWE Performance Center is located.

Additionally, many talents within the company were reportedly unhappy over an “aggressive” Vince McMahon making the decision to change the TV format to live broadcasts over filming multiple weeks of TV. As noted earlier by F4WOnline.com, people backstage were “shocked” by McMahon making the decision, even though it was something that McMahon likely planned to do all along.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Wrex Ruckus posted:

not at all. tcloth masks are popular

a lot of us californians has n95 on hand because of wildfires and have community distribution. others using cloth ones

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Charun posted:

Thats a lot of words. How does the CDC's latest estimate of an initial R0 of 5.7 effect this?

That figure was from before any interventions were applied, so it means that if we decide to just reopen everything, then things will get extremely bad extremely quickly.

Apr 7, 2003

Wrex Ruckus posted:

I had a ten pack of valveless n95 masks in the basement from when I was sanding and painting. Score

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

lol at Dana White praising Vince's handling of this situation. Carnie poo poo.

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

That figure was from before any interventions were applied, so it means that if we decide to just reopen everything, then things will get extremely bad extremely quickly.

but like, just having a few churches open for easter services will be fine tho

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

hello

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Charun posted:

but like, just having a few churches open for easter services will be fine tho

Yes, also sing as many hymns as possible.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

is it me you're looking for?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
There's was a group of 8 women walking around my complex without masks like nothing was going on. I'd say age ranged from early 20s to late 60s. They did 4 laps then all but 1 of them got into cars and said see you at church tomorrow, the 1 is apparently my neighbor. I'm so happy I'm moving next week. I've heard people say "see you later" several times today from outside then a car drive away. I don't think that anyone is taking this seriously and it's terrifying

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/1249042547105808387?s=20

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

hi

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

MODS CURE JOKES posted:

lol if you think the ~50,000 actual anarchists in California wouldn't immediately make the place into Afghanistan II: Electric Boogaloo

You’re betting on Californians being able to withstand the punishment the Pashtun people endured. I wouldn’t even bet on them tolerating the same standard of living. You have no idea what we have inflicted on them these past 20 years and they’re still fighting.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/nwarikoo/status/1249068531490205697?s=20

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Rewatching Chernobyl and in light of Corona I realize that modern America legit could not handle something like this. North America would straight up be a glowing desert because saving it would not be considered profitable under Capitalist metrics.

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
wayne cty is detroit for context

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

casually checking numbers and I see there's already 1700 new deaths in USA today, over half of a 9/11

we're not far off from daily 9/11s

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
On the subject of service guaranteeing citizenship for Cali Seperation, it works but only if you have something to lose/gain. Like the asiatic being kept from owning property. Real useful if your a japanese guy in an internment camp and want to formalize what you/r family have.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

facetoucher cat posted:

There's was a group of 8 women walking around my complex without masks like nothing was going on. I'd say age ranged from early 20s to late 60s. They did 4 laps then all but 1 of them got into cars and said see you at church tomorrow, the 1 is apparently my neighbor. I'm so happy I'm moving next week. I've heard people say "see you later" several times today from outside then a car drive away. I don't think that anyone is taking this seriously and it's terrifying

Where is this

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

SKULL.GIF posted:

casually checking numbers and I see there's already 1700 new deaths in USA today, over half of a 9/11

we're not far off from daily 9/11s

Doubling time is still 5 days I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

seattle plague rat posted:

wayne cty is detroit for context

Wayne county, Wayne city, Wayne state? What is this madness?