Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Mount & Blade Bannerlawd he commin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Went to hire a companion and he cost 11k lol

When poo poo is this expensive it makes picking up lower tier loot even less desirable. Trading can make you money for example, but it has nothing on being a merc and just looting enemy armies / caravans. As is the game really pushes you in one specific direction which is constant fighting. Would be nice to see the more "peaceful" side of the game have its own rewards.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Has anyone found a cheap way to get warhorses? Even a non cheap way to get them would be fine if you could get them in significant volume. I'm getting like 1-2 per city and maybe ~1-3 from beating big noble armies. They gate my unit's upgrades pretty hard right now :(

Sailor Dave
Sep 19, 2013
Seems like they're scaling everything to the ridiculous amounts of money people were making, but that doesn't help at all in the beginning. All they've done is inflate the prices. Probably going to wait a patch or two before updating to the beta.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
The tried and true method of ignoring the core problems with an economy and instead just making everything more expensive. It "works" irl, why not here?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Ravenfood posted:

Which one? The tweaks mod keeps crashing for me.

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/19

just read the installation since there is dll fuckery

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

tildes posted:

Has anyone found a cheap way to get warhorses? Even a non cheap way to get them would be fine if you could get them in significant volume. I'm getting like 1-2 per city and maybe ~1-3 from beating big noble armies. They gate my unit's upgrades pretty hard right now :(

You can buy some kinds for 500 or so down south, look for villages with horses

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Is there a better way to see diplomacy without being in a kingdom? Also can I see who is at war with who, not necessarily me?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

The worst part is that they nerfed smithing. Used to be I could sell iron for 100+ if you find a good city. Now it goes for like 60 max

Iron ore is more valuable lmao

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

3 other mods I've found nice

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/378

this lets you respec companions if you found leveling them to be a pain like if they needed crossbow or tactics or other poo poo you couldn't get them for what ever reason

There is a console command and I think it does it when you first hire them

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/212

Cultured start that lets you start where you want

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/255

This tweaks train the meek and combat tips

By default, if you have 100 recruits, it gives like 25 experience. This changes it to be more like warband so if you have 100 recruits it gives 25x100 experience.

There is also a mod that does something similar for prisoners in your party. Apparently the game rolls once per type of troop per day to see who you recruit instead of once for each troop of a troop type.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Is there a better way to see diplomacy without being in a kingdom? Also can I see who is at war with who, not necessarily me?

the only way I know how is to either use the n screen or right click on a town and navigate to the clan that owns that town, the clan that rules that clan, and check the bottom of that page

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Just press N to go to the eNcyclopedia click in kingdoms then whatever faction your looking at

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

dogstile posted:

So now they've basically guaranteed that a factions gonna control like half the map before you can afford to kit yourself out? Sweet.

lol i had like two cities and had millions of denar. it's not a big deal.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
is there a mod that lets you skip the *talk to 10 nobles* quest to make a kingdom

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

eonwe posted:

is there a mod that lets you skip the *talk to 10 nobles* quest to make a kingdom

god i wish

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

tildes posted:

From what I've seen imperial chargers are the cheapest warhorses, usually going for about 4-500 denars which is a lot cheaper than most but as with other warhorses yeah they're never really available in any significant quantities.

Wasn't much of a problem before they nerfed the amount of horses you'd get as loot but now it's an annoying bottleneck.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

eonwe posted:

quick start does that, I think, also there is one that just lets you start a kingdom

Tabletops posted:

lol i had like two cities and had millions of denar. it's not a big deal.

I think people want it earlier than the time it takes to get millions of denar

Like it isn't the cost that is the problem
It is the time to get that much money

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

On the other hand, if you get the best weapons and armor too early you'll play the entire final third of a game without changing any of your equipment. It's not like it's hard to kill stuff with good equipment that isn't quite the top tier. Personally I'd be fine with the absolute best equipment being harder to find/late game only.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

Are you familiar with the documentary "The Pirates of Penzance"

Well, I can write a dispatch out in Babylonic cuneiform, and tell you every detail of Caractacus' uniform?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

eonwe posted:

Yep, the Cultured Starts mod a few posts up

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Cognac McCarthy posted:

On the other hand, if you get the best weapons and armor too early you'll play the entire final third of a game without changing any of your equipment. It's not like it's hard to kill stuff with good equipment that isn't quite the top tier. Personally I'd be fine with the absolute best equipment being harder to find/late game only.

They should be bespoke and tied to smithing only :twisted:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Genghis Cohen posted:

Well, I can write a dispatch out in Babylonic cuneiform, and tell you every detail of Caractacus' uniform?

Specifically at the end they reveal that the pirates are all peers of the realm who were bored so they became pirates.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

Love too throw 8000 denars at peasants to kill them :v:

I feel like for that much I should be getting patriot missiles.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Well after a couple hours, a few tournament wins, and signing on with the S.Empire against the Aserai and helping them win a couple big battles and one 1k vs 100 rout I'm not doing too bad. I've managed to piece together a respectable Light Cavalry gear set, which isn't terrible I suppose. I'm happy I got lucky and a nice set of javelins dropped, basic javelins really seem to lack lethal punch.

The lighting is so much gloomier in the inventory screen now, lol

The XP fixes are so good. Here is the skill gain from a few fights. Top two are looter bashing and the bottom ones are against the aserai (with the bottom left being a 8 minute fight where I got 20 kills). As usual high speed hits with melee or ranged weapons really seems to give a lot of riding XP.

Glenn Quebec posted:

They should be bespoke and tied to smithing only :twisted:

I'd be fine with the best weapons being tied to smithing. I mean smithing is supposed to be able to create "Fine" and "Masterwork" (and some kinda modifier level in between those I think) weapons and you can create some interesting stuff. HOWEVER, smithing desperately needs to be less grindy and smithing stamina should regenerate constantly, not just when passing time in town. Also the parts you unlock should make some sense compared to what you're melting down (EG: Tier 2 weapons tend to give you tier 2-3 parts, maybe with a larger chance to give you parts of the weapon type you're melting down).

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Apr 12, 2020

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The Moon Monster posted:

I feel like for that much I should be getting patriot missiles.

Have you tried javelins? They're not far off :v:

The price is probably not that unfair for how effective they are it's just thematically absolutely stupid and also unfun.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I'm starting to think the stuff that shops up in shops is either tied to the passage of time or the amount of cash you've actually got. Cause I swear the richer I get the more expensive the stuff that starts to show up.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I'm starting to think the stuff that shops up in shops is either tied to the passage of time or the amount of cash you've actually got. Cause I swear the richer I get the more expensive the stuff that starts to show up.

I was just running into this myself. I think it’s either total money earned, or based on renown.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Wish it was tied to stuff like workshops or relations. Upgrade shops or put money into workshops/artisans, get better armor.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

God I wish instead of just shrugging and inflating prices they'd take the time to design a good economy that makes sense and scales properly.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
New prices are dumb as hell but there is a Custom Spawn mod that adds deserters and more bandit types to fight.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Mod that changes the way kingdoms consider asking for peace to keep them from snowballing. Basically create war exhaustion that cause them to want wars to stop after enough stuff has happened.

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/145

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

God I wish instead of just shrugging and inflating prices they'd take the time to design a good economy that makes sense and scales properly.

no game has ever designed a good economy since they use a capitalist system

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Inflation baby~!

Just walk into a big city after a few days of being sieged and they'll throw money at you for any food. And metals too since they're usually short on weapons.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Where do i get some Battanian Fains?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Check Battanian villages for the Noble recruits (they'll have a bow). They're called Highborn Youth/Warriors and upgrade into fians. Even the Tier 2 soldier "Highborn Youth" is a competent Archer (Bow 60).

For comparison Imperial Trained Archers (Tier 3) have 70 bow skill (hilariously Tier 2 Imperial Archers (untrained) have a piddling 15 Bow skill, meaning they're literally just random conscripts given a bow).

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Apr 12, 2020

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
Increased prices mean you sell like 100k+ worth of equipment after a mid size battle fyi. I like the extended progression

Also the trade perks are fixed, wow they're handy. I held off picking them because it broke item stat comparisons

I leveled 5 times after switching to the beta. 200+ steward, leadership, smithing... I had literally 15 perks. Companions all leveled a bunch too, only 1 had leveled at all before this patch

They fixed the item prices for stuff that melts down to steel+ though. But I get way more selling poo poo directly now so it's not a big change overall

Tyler Whitney
Jan 21, 2020

Why don't you make it sing?

Didn't see it commented on but this change might mean looter stomping isn't as viable:

quote:

Simulated battles no longer give more XP than fought battles.

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

Mop up forest bandits and recruit them, they upgrade to that tree

If you don't have the perk you can upgrade the low level ones and put the ones that upgrade to fians in a town garrison and they'll slowly upgrade

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
really enjoying their reverse diocletian economic changes, and also I love it when an ant stings the tip of my dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Third World Reagan posted:

quick start does that, I think, also there is one that just lets you start a kingdom

I think people want it earlier than the time it takes to get millions of denar

Like it isn't the cost that is the problem
It is the time to get that much money

it doesn't take long though, just a few hours of play. don't bloat your army up beyond 20-40 units, kill lots of steppe bandits and do hideout raids. you can build up a lot of money quickly.

then buy some caravans/workshops and in a few weeks (ingame lol) you'll have a ton.