Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Some of these loving Twitter comments, Jesus. END ME FAM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1249052869917126658

Avenatti dark horse Democratic nominee

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Inferior Third Season posted:

The Framers barely tolerated the notion of a federal standing army in the Constitution. Many of them considered a standing army one of the greatest threats to liberty and peace in the new nation. The concept of a federal standing army is only mentioned in passing, and with a restriction that if a military is raised, it can only be funded two years at a time. It is unique in this regard, as Congress otherwise can do whatever the gently caress they want with appropriations for however long they'd like. The Constitution was certainly not written with military needs as a fundamental concern.

You acknowledge that the Framers allowed Congress to fund a standing army, which means they cared about military affairs, so it does not refute my point that one of the reasons the Framers included a constitutional mandate for a postal service was for military purpose.

Meanwhile, the postal system was a matter of great consideration, as secure and reliable communication is vital to the workings of society, and the Constitution was ratified almost 50 years before the invention of the telegraph.

This doesn't make sense, "secure and reliable communication" did not exist before the telegraph, which you acknowledge was not around when the Constitution was drafted. Yet society was functioning, therefore "secure and reliable communication" was NOT vital to the workings of society at that time.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

Good thing that all the blacks and browns are being extended the same courtesy!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
"It's a brilliant virus. Very clever and invisible. Very smart virus. But we're gonna fight it with america.

Many people are saying they've never seen a more intelligent Chinese Virus that can stay so invisible. The most invisible Chinese enemy virus we've ever seen in all of history. Just a huge, HUGE virus that's very clever and smart but I'm smarter than that virus and we're doing an incredible job and as a war time president I can defeat this Chinese virus and my ratings are the best ever for presidents in all of history.

I'm not allowed to say it but the fake news virus continues virusing with an incredibly great job by the fantastic virus people doing amazing jobs with the virus that the media lies about on CNN. So, invisible virus is very bad, but good job fantastic, incredible people getting back to work opening up america with an invisible war time enemy that previous administrations never saw."

- some poo poo I made up that could be an actual quote.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

human garbage bag posted:

You acknowledge that the Framers allowed Congress to fund a standing army, which means they cared about military affairs, so it does not refute my point that one of the reasons the Framers included a constitutional mandate for a postal service was for military purpose.

This doesn't make sense, "secure and reliable communication" did not exist before the telegraph, which you acknowledge was not around when the Constitution was drafted. Yet society was functioning, therefore "secure and reliable communication" was NOT vital to the workings of society at that time.
How about you dig out all of the quotes from the Founders about how they put in the post office bit into the Constitution specifically to make things easier for the federal military they definitely wanted to exist and be powerful, and then I'll dig out all of the quotes from them about the importance of the postal system for the common good and their ambivalence about whether there should even be a federal standing army?

And then we can compare and contrast based on accurate historical context.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Fritz the Horse posted:

I think Obama is/was just too much of a Good Guy. He was too willing to listen to the Dem establishment and eager to try and "compromise" with Republicans. I think he went into the Presidency with the best of intentions but quickly became assimilated into the Dem machine, Borg-like.

You can call him gullible or naiive if you want to be uncharitable.

He wasn't some beautiful innocent heart who lost his way. He was incredibly lucky in campaigns. Rat hosed his first opponent in Chicago. I know some people want to give him the benefit of the doubt because admitting he was always a loving rear end in a top hat would make them look like idiots, but they were. People who knew him in college would interviewed and said they thought he was a republican until he ran for office. He was smart enough to read the situation and really wanted to be president so he ran as a dem. He's a piece of poo poo. Always has been.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Him

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Oh boy

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1249093268920467457

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1249058361800298496

EDIT:

My favorite graph yet...

https://twitter.com/darthstar99/status/1248766610799611904

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Apr 11, 2020

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

One step removed from “spitting in each others mouths to own the Libs”

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Or he could stop watching tv and do his goddamn job.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

One step removed from “spitting in each others mouths to own the Libs”

Especially when, if he's thinking of the same story I am, the paddleboarder only got arrested for being a dick to cops repeatedly. Yet for some reason they aren't incensed by this disrespect for our brave boys in blue. :magemage:

Parakeet vs. Phone fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Apr 11, 2020

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Especially when, if he's thinking of the same story I am, the paddleboarder only got arrested for being a dick to cops repeatedly. Yet for some reason they aren't incensed by this disrespect for our brave boys in blue.

Hey they celebrated when the Bundy boys drew weapons on the cops and threatened to shoot them.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

1glitch0 posted:

Or he could stop watching tv and do his goddamn job.

I'd rather he watch TV because he apparently thinks his job is to kill loads of Americans

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1249101675509370882

woof woof woof woof

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

lol, yeah no authoritarian zealots in Texas

unless you want an abortion

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
It appears that his need for praise is growing even more intense.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1249092100236460033

EDIT:

We already know how Trump feels about unnamed sources...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/232572505238433794

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Apr 11, 2020

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hey they celebrated when the Bundy boys drew weapons on the cops and threatened to shoot them.

And celebrated them training their rifle scopes on them from a highway overpass.

They probably also privately celebrated two of the Bundyswher going off the reservation and gunning down cops in a waffle house but they had to be really quiet about that one.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
thrown out of China like dogs
thrown out of China like dogs :shepface:

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

To be honest, the postal service is an obsolete constitutional mandate. The original idea was that postal services were essential for a country in order to convey military info in a timely manner. Nowadays with all of the digital communication it is not needed for military purposes anymore.

We're an empire. Empires cannot exist without a robust postal service. One of the characteristics of an empire falling apart is its postal service failing.

Military info was always only a situational reason postal services needed to exist. The government also needs an official channel to communicate with every last person it rules. The concept of a postal service could go digital as far as the government needs it to, but it hasn't here because the will is to kill the service in the name of capitalism, not to replace it with a modernized version of itself.

nerox
May 20, 2001

It’s been deleted, what did it say?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

nerox posted:

I'm going to guess

Ague Proof posted:

thrown out of China like dogs :shepface:

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

OK, I'll admit it. I'm trolled. I'm Mad Online. I cannot post what it makes me feel that this loving guy is talking about watching TV while people die and is just going to get a pass on it like everything else.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

They do this every election and it’s nothing.

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

How about you dig out all of the quotes from the Founders about how they put in the post office bit into the Constitution specifically to make things easier for the federal military they definitely wanted to exist and be powerful, and then I'll dig out all of the quotes from them about the importance of the postal system for the common good and their ambivalence about whether there should even be a federal standing army?

And then we can compare and contrast based on accurate historical context.

Ok, I did a bit of research and apparently we're both wrong. The US Constitution doesn't actually establish nor mandate a postal service, it merely gives Congress the power to establish a postal service.

https://www.archives.gov/founding-docs/constitution-transcript posted:

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

To establish Post Offices and post Roads;

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I love that for all its simping he’s turning on Fox more and more.

Like he predictably does on everyone and everything who enters his orbit.

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh

nerox posted:

"So now the Fake News @nytimes is tracing the CoronaVirus origins back to Europe, NOT China. This is a first! I wonder where the Failing New York Times got for this one? Are there any NAMED sources? They were recently thrown out of China like dogs, and obviously want back in. Sad!"

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Fox isn't right wing insane enough for you, try OANN for that batshit conspiracy poo poo you crave.
Oliver did a thing about this either last week or the week before and it's loving scary how much One America News sucks on Trump's dick like a 50 dollar whore

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Ok, I did a bit of research and apparently we're both wrong. The US Constitution doesn't actually establish nor mandate a postal service, it merely gives Congress the power to establish a postal service.
I never said anything about the Constitution mandating a post service, I said that the Founders gave great consideration to the importance of a postal service, and that many of them were against there being a federal standing army.

So I appreciate that you can admit your mistake, but don't try to save face by saying we were both wrong.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

This rear end in a top hat need to be thrown into a cage with a dozen rabid dogs.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

OhDearGodNo posted:

They do this every election and it’s nothing.

I distinctly remember these exact kind of discussions among RNC officials being leaked prior to the 18 midterms.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Good, take your gimmick back to GBS

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

SocketWrench posted:

it's loving scary how much One America News sucks on Trump's dick like a 50 dollar whore

Trump would never actually pay said whore, so your argument is invalid.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I forget did he pay Stormy Daniels? Can you believe that saga was 2 years ago?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1249103831994118146

woof woof, thats now how it works fucker.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So is Trump just gonna rant about all of News Corp?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Dick Trauma posted:

It appears that his need for praise is growing even more intense.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1249092100236460033

yeah. i can believe it. the whole thing is a cascading nightmare for everyone and trumps child like narcissistic sociopath can't loving handle poo poo. it doesnt help that the economy wont recover fast(if at all) from this hell.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

If Trump is looking for CSPAM callers to get his fix that says something. That’s like a heroin addict resorting to Krokodil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I forget did he pay Stormy Daniels? Can you believe that saga was 2 years ago?

I'm kinda hazy too, but wasn't it Cohen or some other gently caress that actually paid her off on his instructions? God alone knows if he paid them back.