Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

I'm real curious what DDP and Killer Mike get up to. Small business ownership and gun rights?

Recipe swapping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ethical sexwork consumerism

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

ethical sexwork consumerism

The film career of Joe Piscopo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the music career of joe pesci

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

They're both Atlanta guys these days, maybe Page just popped into Graffiti SWAG one day for a haircut.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

WWE fans are mad at the independent contractor who caught Coronavirus but aren’t mad at WWE continuing to run live shows. There are no loving words. Vincels are beyond parody at this point.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Lid posted:

this is now the Draft Metaphors For WWE Busts Thread

we the Minnesotta Timberwolves choose Ricky Rubio and Jonny Flynn, TWO Randy Orton's

Steph Curry can't dunk, B team player

I mean, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_NFL_Draft

Look at #1, then look at #199. No wonder Vince thought he could get into football.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

WWE fans are mad at the independent contractor who caught Coronavirus but aren’t mad at WWE continuing to run live shows. There are no loving words. Vincels are beyond parody at this point.

Sadly, this is reflective of the wider discourse about coronavirus. I see way more people getting mad at the idiot who goes and sits in the park with his friends than the ghoulish company who makes their workers show up to the warehouse every day without PPE despite not being an essential business at all.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Sadly, this is reflective of the wider discourse about coronavirus. I see way more people getting mad at the idiot who goes and sits in the park with his friends than the ghoulish company who makes their workers show up to the warehouse every day without PPE despite not being an essential business at all.

Individualism is a hell of a drug :(

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/jesusgreek/status/1249023790748762113?s=19

I can't get over the scare quotes around "essential" when talking about grocery stores. Does he think that WWE is somehow more necessary than food? Alan's tweet brought out a lot of idiots but the rest are mostly "b-b-but AEW!!!"

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

https://twitter.com/jesusgreek/status/1249023790748762113?s=19

I can't get over the scare quotes around "essential" when talking about grocery stores. Does he think that WWE is somehow more necessary than food? Alan's tweet brought out a lot of idiots but the rest are mostly "b-b-but AEW!!!"

I've seen WWE fans sincerely say that WWE is an essential business because it helps with people's mental health. Lol

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Paracaidas posted:

Between Raven or Sting then?

Sonuvabitch

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

dsriggs posted:

I mean, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_NFL_Draft

Look at #1, then look at #199. No wonder Vince thought he could get into football.

1996 NBA draft is my favourite because you get the top 6 and then a whole lot of nothing before mvp city at 13 and 15.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_NBA_draft

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Also Peja Stojakovic.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Low Desert Punk posted:

I've seen WWE fans sincerely say that WWE is an essential business because it helps with people's mental health. Lol

you can argue that for literally everything though; that's the thing.

I play sports in the summer (usually Cricket but when I lived in London last year I thought I'd give Baseball a try and that was great fun) and really from January through the end of March one of the things that keeps me going is knowing that the Cricket season is around the corner and I'll be back playing again. Should the cricket clubs therefore be playing then? After all, helpful for my mental health!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Not surprisingly a lot of people have chosen to define "essential" as "what I want".

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

STAC Goat posted:

Not surprisingly a lot of people have chosen to define "essential" as "what I want".

gonna be a lot of deaths caused by all those essential church services tomorrow

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

STAC Goat posted:

Runners are the worst for this, there was a dude in the running thread here last week bragging about how the French government have apparently asked runners to limit how far they're running (around 5 miles a day) and he ran over double that distance that day. Gotta keep in shape for all those races that aren't happening!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Here in Washington we're under a shelter-in-place, but the governor encouraged people to go out and exercise as long as they limit their time outside. So of course the running trails are loving jampacked all day.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
He texted me more than half a day later about this...
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1249093713902669824
I had no desire to take him out of context, so better safe than sorry. Even if the context changes very little, IMO. What ACTUALLY happened is that he took Rachel in the most literal way possible with no wiggle room, and he was still compelled to tweet what he tweeted. Even if it had threaded correctly, the substance of his tweet doesn't really change.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Thank you David for making Ryan Satin look like an even bigger idiot.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Ryan "We can't know if Bill Watts is a racist in his heart" Satin.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

e

JUNGLE BOY fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jun 18, 2022

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

and now he appears to be inheriting Corey Graves's agent provocateur role.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

It’s also very clear that he is strategically deployed to do damage control for WWE now despite NoT wOrKiNg FoR tHeM like dropping the Coronavirus story with an “everything is fine” WWE statement very shortly after Fightful reported it. Weird how Ryan Huckabee Satin was ready to go within the hour of Fightful uncovering it even though it was known in the company for over a week.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sean Ross Sapp is another guy that's a line item in WWE's advertising budget.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I mean what journalists besides maybe that annoying dude in canada that used to make vince mad on his show actually call WWE out when they get a shot? When HHH was on WOR Bryan Alvarez spent the one question he got to ask asking Hunter about some bizarre angle that he didn't even remember it was embarrassing. Real journalists don't give a poo poo about wrestling and the wrestling journalists are all too big of fans to ask hard questions outside of their echo chambers.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Eat My Fuc posted:

I mean what journalists besides maybe that annoying dude in canada that used to make vince mad on his show actually call WWE out when they get a shot?

bix and dave?

asking Paul a hardball question in an interview or during a financial call accomplishes literally nothing. he'll just give a smarmy non-answer or ignore it entirely, and block that publication from ever having an opportunity to do it again. do you honestly believe dave doesn't grill Paul with questions about Saudi Arabia because he's such a big fan of the King of Kings?

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

coconono posted:

and now he appears to be inheriting Corey Graves's agent provocateur role
How so?

JUNGLE BOY posted:

It’s also very clear that he is strategically deployed to do damage control for WWE now despite NoT wOrKiNg FoR tHeM like dropping the Coronavirus story with an “everything is fine” WWE statement very shortly after Fightful reported it. Weird how Ryan Huckabee Satin was ready to go within the hour of Fightful uncovering it even though it was known in the company for over a week.
Especially knowing that Sean ran with it today because it was the first time he laid eyes on the actual memo. (Also, Ryan appears to have unintentionally compromised the anonymity of whoever got sick, too.)

coconono posted:

Sean Ross Sapp is another guy that's a line item in WWE's advertising budget.
This is demonstrably untrue, though...

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Low Desert Punk posted:

bix and dave?

asking Paul a hardball question in an interview or during a financial call accomplishes literally nothing. he'll just give a smarmy non-answer or ignore it entirely, and block that publication from ever having an opportunity to do it again. do you honestly believe dave doesn't grill Paul with questions about Saudi Arabia because he's such a big fan of the King of Kings?

Yeah, when you're limited in the amount of questions you can ask there's no point wasting that time with a question you know you're not going to get an answer to.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

davidbix posted:

Especially knowing that Sean ran with it today because it was the first time he laid eyes on the actual memo. (Also, Ryan appears to have unintentionally compromised the anonymity of whoever got sick, too.)

What happened?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Satin’s version of events included a bunch of identifying information you could run back didn’t it? (On-air perform who was not a wrestler and the timeline of events all allow a sufficiently motivated person to try and identify and those were all Satin from what I remember)

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Who was it

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Oh no, Satin posted their HIPPA

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

It’s Corey Graves

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

It’s Corey Graves

lol owned

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

robbie e

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JUNGLE BOY posted:

It’s Corey Graves

Rekt

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

davidbix posted:

How so?

This is demonstrably untrue, though...

Satin’s acting as the voice of WWE’s attack dog machine. When he talks about AEW he only does so in negative tones. The praise WWE in quarantine and vilify AEW for doing a safer version of the same thing really brought it to the forefront.

Maybe Im speaking out of turn on SRS but he’s def one of the voices that always veers towards positive during WWE social media time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

coconono posted:

Satin’s acting as the voice of WWE’s attack dog machine. When he talks about AEW he only does so in negative tones. The praise WWE in quarantine and vilify AEW for doing a safer version of the same thing really brought it to the forefront.

Maybe Im speaking out of turn on SRS but he’s def one of the voices that always veers towards positive during WWE social media time.

Well I will say if it wasn’t for SRS, WWE would have buried the positive COVID case forever. Other news outlets are picking up on it which has a possibility of dinging the stock price next week.