Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The Glumslinger posted:

Rudy Gobert being a dumbass probably saved 1000s of lives

Can you make a statue that celebrates this and also calls him a dumbass at the same time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
‘Commander’ of Feuerkrieg far-right terror group unmasked by police as Estonian boy, 13
independent.co.uk/12 hours ago
'He called himself “Commander” and led a ferocious far-right terrorist group in which members from 15 countries across Europe shared bomb-making advice and planned attacks on major cities.

But when police in Estonia tracked down the head of the so-called Feuerkrieg Division – “fire war network” – he was not quite what they were expecting.

He was 13 years old.'

Et al:

{ https://www.google.com/search?q=Feu...iw=1266&bih=954 )

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Yeah so Trump is on track to kill 60,000 Americans. The smoking gun from the CDC's Red Dawn email chain:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

This is like sitcom levels of attempted political "strategy"

Good god it's like he's having a perpetual stroke

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Just making anodyne conversation with chud roommate with a pokerface.jpg as one does in this day and age.

I mention the work I currently have which involves working with the health care industry to fulfill government contracts on a short deadline

He immediately perks up, "Within six months expect some big things to be happening politically, they're going to be changing all the rules so insurance companies can sell policies across state lines, there's going to be a whole lot of work to do and a lot of infrastructure to build"

He has been beating this "they'll start letting them sell across state lines" drum for like three years, it's gonna happen Any Day Now

Just ... just shut up

shut up

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Arglebargle III posted:

Yeah so Trump is on track to kill 60,000 Americans. The smoking gun from the CDC's Red Dawn email chain:

https://i.imgur.com/Gj9qBsT.jpg

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

TulliusCicero posted:

This is like sitcom levels of attempted political "strategy"

Good god it's like he's having a perpetual stroke

My guess is that Newsom got him on the phone and praised him for doing a great job to ensure Trump doesn’t retaliate against CA for taking matters into our own hands and operating like a “Nation State”.

It’s a smart play, because Trump accepts all praise as sincere and if he tells the world that Newsom said he’s doing an incredible job, nobody will believe it anyway.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who gives a gently caress about those emails is not like anything will result from them lmbo

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

nine-gear crow posted:

His dad taught him that owning a dog was a sign of poverty and low class, so Trump internalized it in conjunction with his hatred of poor people to the point where dogs are the platonic ideal of insulting to him.
And here I thought that maybe a dog bit him or something.

Silly Burrito posted:

Can you make a statue that celebrates this and also calls him a dumbass at the same time?
Rudy Gobert, "By pulling a Homer, he saved us"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Empress Brosephine posted:

Who gives a gently caress about those emails is not like anything will result from them lmbo

top official (in government): man it seems like this trump idea is bad

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Wark Say posted:

And here I thought that maybe a dog bit him or something.

Rudy Gobert, "By pulling a Homer, he saved us"

Calling Trump a loser on live TV would probably cause him to flip out.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

I thought Republicans had a weird hard on for emails?

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

The Glumslinger posted:

Rudy Gobert being a dumbass probably saved 1000s of lives

still has to stay on the court vs a good team in the playoffs before I will respect him

And lol even the super leftists here in the bay are begrudgingly happy with Newsom. he announced he was going to spend a shitload of money on masks and poo poo without asking the legislature. so a bunch of people got mad and gave him such hard hitting criticism as "well yeah I would have done exactly the same thing but I dunno, just wish he'd asked first"
maybe that dorian grey looking motherfucker has shared his powers with the rest of the state, I dunno.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Arglebargle III posted:

this is literally my post history in the coronavirus thread

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.
Wife read this article to me. Thought it was interesting. I was floored when she told me it was written by Forbes. It wasn't. I misheard when she said Forge.

Prepare for the Ultimate Gaslighting*

quote:

Pretty soon, as the country begins to figure out how we “open back up” and move forward, very powerful forces will try to convince us all to get back to normal. (That never happened. What are you talking about?) Billions of dollars will be spent on advertising, messaging, and television and media content to make you feel comfortable again. It will come in the traditional forms — a billboard here, a hundred commercials there — and in new-media forms: a 2020–2021 generation of memes to remind you that what you want again is normalcy. In truth, you want the feeling of normalcy, and we all want it. We want desperately to feel good again, to get back to the routines of life, to not lie in bed at night wondering how we’re going to afford our rent and bills, to not wake to an endless scroll of human tragedy on our phones, to have a cup of perfectly brewed coffee, and simply leave the house for work. The need for comfort will be real, and it will be strong. And every brand in America will come to your rescue, dear consumer, to help take away that darkness and get life back to the way it was before the crisis. I urge you to be well aware of what is coming.

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

I know this much. If the USPS becomes insolvent, we not only have a(nother) constitutional crisis, but my MAGA CHUD boss' business is DOA. People whine and bitch about the USPS and the DMV and I swear to god I've had next to zero problems with either. Comcast, CITIbank, BofA, Verizon on the other hand...

Seriously. I loving love the USPS. Individual employees can suck, whatever, but as an institution? Holy poo poo.

A couple years ago I had package shipped from Europe, old books that were worthless but completely irreplaceable. It got lost, and I was very sad, but whatever they were worth maybe ~$100. I put in a lost mail request. Over the next few months I got passed around as one level of seriousness failed to solve the problem they'd pass it up the chain. And again. And again. The individuals all couldn't help me, but the institution made it their loving mission in life to find my package.

Three MONTHS later, I had that poo poo in hand. In the end there were dozens of people involved (at LEAST), and the drat thing made it. Shipping was ~$10.

Any other shipping company would've told me to go pound sand the first day.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

There Bias Two posted:

Calling Trump a loser on live TV would probably cause him to flip out.
Doesn't he actively get mad when people just call him "Donald"? This is a dude that can't even find joy in someone calling him by his loving given name.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Wark Say posted:

Doesn't he actively get mad when people just call him "Donald"? This is a dude that can't even find joy in someone calling him by his loving given name.

You're aware that plenty of people hate this, right?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I posted the red dawn emails on another site and so far my two responses are that COVID is man-made and that the emails are fake.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I forget did he pay Stormy Daniels? Can you believe that saga was 2 years ago?

That's how he got caught. Not paying for the actual act, but paying her to shut up

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Arglebargle III posted:

I posted the red dawn emails on another site and so far my two responses are that COVID is man-made and that the emails are fake.

*bad guy in a movie who is all-in for the big evil boss and hearing the hero tell him bad but real news* Lieeeessssss

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Arglebargle III posted:

Real talk, has anyone else been able to find toilet paper? Going on week 5 with no resupply.

There's some at my local Family Dollar...just their store brand. They have a security guard on duty by the door. Everywhere else has been empty shelved around my area...along with other aisles. It's insane how much this hoarding thing is still going on

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The gently caress

Gotta admit, that weasel that's spinning circles in Trump's brain sure likes to hit the hate/like levers over California. Used to be Republicans hated a politician that flip flopped as much as captain bone spurs does

Otteration posted:

Mafia distributes food to Italy's struggling residents
theguardian.com/10 Apr 2020
"Organised crime groups offer support to quarantined families who have run out of cash"
"As Italy struggles to pull its economy through the coronavirus crisis, the Mafia is gaining local support by distributing free food to poor families in quarantine who have run out of cash, authorities have warned.

In recent weeks, videos have surfaced of known Mafia gangs delivering essential goods to Italians hit hard by the coronavirus emergency across the poorest southern regions of Campania, Calabria, Sicily and Puglia, as tensions rise across the country."

Wow, what a time to be alive. The mafia is more of a hero than the goddamned US president

Otteration posted:

‘Commander’ of Feuerkrieg far-right terror group unmasked by police as Estonian boy, 13
independent.co.uk/12 hours ago
'He called himself “Commander” and led a ferocious far-right terrorist group in which members from 15 countries across Europe shared bomb-making advice and planned attacks on major cities.

But when police in Estonia tracked down the head of the so-called Feuerkrieg Division – “fire war network” – he was not quite what they were expecting.

He was 13 years old.'

Et al:

{ https://www.google.com/search?q=Feu...iw=1266&bih=954 )

Wonder if Arthur Rehi will be bragging about this when he does a video.

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Apr 12, 2020

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
he was on fox tonight? did he say anything nuts or new?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he was on fox tonight? did he say anything nuts or new?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1249144850357903360

Sounded like the same old bullshit to me.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

sounds about right. i assume i would have heard poo poo if he said anything new.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Outpost22 posted:

I thought Republicans had a weird hard on for emails?

Depends, does the guilty party have a D or an R next to their name?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Everything about this is so loving fake it's amazing that people buy into it. The giant american flag green screen, the giant cross jewelry, Trump talking about prayer. Just loving wipe out america at this point.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Same Great Paste posted:

Seriously. I loving love the USPS. Individual employees can suck, whatever, but as an institution? Holy poo poo.

A couple years ago I had package shipped from Europe, old books that were worthless but completely irreplaceable. It got lost, and I was very sad, but whatever they were worth maybe ~$100. I put in a lost mail request. Over the next few months I got passed around as one level of seriousness failed to solve the problem they'd pass it up the chain. And again. And again. The individuals all couldn't help me, but the institution made it their loving mission in life to find my package.

Three MONTHS later, I had that poo poo in hand. In the end there were dozens of people involved (at LEAST), and the drat thing made it. Shipping was ~$10.

Any other shipping company would've told me to go pound sand the first day.

I love the USPS, they've always been fairly good to me. The current postmaster in my town is loving useless. She's a recent replacement after the other retired. I've had a package last shown to arrive in LA and sat there for a month. So I filed an inquiry and got back from our local "Well it's not here, so you'll just have to wait". For some reason stuff occasionally vanishes for a week or two after it "leaves" the Detroit hub. But aside from that, i love using the USPS. UPS is ok, but pricey, and fedex flat out beats the crap out of stuff and throws it on a doorstep regardless of weather without so much as a knock.

I build motorized bikes in my spare time and the post lady that delivers here always has a laugh when the newest build rolls out and she knows she hauled most of the stuff that made it

Wark Say posted:

It's not his name he has a problem with. He's a self entitled ego obsessed rear end in a top hat. Not calling him Mr. Trump, or now President Trump is, as far as he sees it, disrespectful and an insult to him.
Lots of my teachers back in the day would go ape if you called them anything but their specific title (Mr. Mrs. Miss)

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Apr 12, 2020

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Yeah, that's a quirk that isn't at all unique to Trump. Above a certain age or social class referring to anyone by their first name is a quick way to get under their skin.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Fun thought experiment: how the gently caress would UPS, Fedex, and other delivery frims function without USPS? How do you keep track of zip codes? Addresses? You would need to have a UPS code, Amazon code, Fedex code, and so forth (which would increase costs for these companies, passed on to the consumer, as they try to keep this poo poo in check).

Also, private parcel companies rely on USPS for a lot of out-of-the-way last step deliveries since it's not economically feasible for the private company to deliver somewhere way out of the way but USPS has to.

~private companies do it better~ lol

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Tacier posted:

My guess is that Newsom got him on the phone and praised him for doing a great job to ensure Trump doesn’t retaliate against CA for taking matters into our own hands and operating like a “Nation State”.

It’s a smart play, because Trump accepts all praise as sincere and if he tells the world that Newsom said he’s doing an incredible job, nobody will believe it anyway.

why would NewCorp/Fox care and want defend California?

if anything fygm only applys to NY because if NY state collapse the FN hq or the gated communities in the tristate area will have guillotines happen in them.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

1glitch0 posted:

He wasn't some beautiful innocent heart who lost his way. He was incredibly lucky in campaigns. Rat hosed his first opponent in Chicago. I know some people want to give him the benefit of the doubt because admitting he was always a loving rear end in a top hat would make them look like idiots, but they were. People who knew him in college would interviewed and said they thought he was a republican until he ran for office. He was smart enough to read the situation and really wanted to be president so he ran as a dem. He's a piece of poo poo. Always has been.

There was some incredibly prescient roast of the man by some black community organizer many years before he became well known I'll have to dig it up some time.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

FlamingLiberal posted:

I have no clue what this is referencing, but he said he was watching OANN today so I'm sure it was some crap they said

He said something about eventually at some point opening everything back up. Trump, being an idiot, doesn't understand the implied "not right now."

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

USPS will literally scan and email you a copy of every piece of mail arriving at your door today and all you have to do for this service is ask for it. As a follower of my NewSave+ religion, upon your death you'll be able to relive your life with the power of flight and invisibility so you can find the people who run FedEx and UPS, rip out their hearts, and eat them in front of their loved ones.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

i am harry posted:

USPS will literally scan and email you a copy of every piece of mail arriving at your door today and all you have to do for this service is ask for it. As a follower of my NewSave+ religion, upon your death you'll be able to relive your life with the power of flight and invisibility so you can find the people who run FedEx and UPS, rip out their hearts, and eat them in front of their loved ones.

What? Since when?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

All this covid stuff and having to stop working left me with a lot of free time to sit and think, so I figured, hey, new world;new religion, why not?

e: oh...you mean the USPS stuff..It's called informed delivery. Also tells you the tracking numbers of any packages arriving.

i am harry fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Apr 12, 2020

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

What? Since when?

Outside only, to be clear

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Yes, I can see now that my words might have oversold it a tad...they're not opening anything for you, just sending you a photo of the envelopes.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

responses to new developments and data being "lol nothing matters" is incredibly tedious and annoying,

particularly when that new development is solid evidence that donald john trump wilfully hosed up the worst pandemic in a century

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Devor posted:

Outside only, to be clear

I don't know what that means