Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Brought To You By posted:

Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Really making these two dorky kids as adorable and wholesome as possible.

"I'll be sure to be careful next year" :3:

would you say: Adorkable?

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Wow, the final chapter of Blue Flag was... not good.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
what happen

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Giant time skip. The jaded lesbian is married to a man. Apparently the two lead guys got married at some point but you gotta do some Umineko-brand mystery solving to figure that out and they completely skipped over any of the explanation for how that actually happened that would have been actually emotionally compelling.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
w. wow.

uh.

at least that one side character girl had a sort of interesting arc in the middle

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
loving hell.

Like, I'm literally at a loss for words.

The author ignored all character development that they'd built up over the course of the entire manga, and threw away everything in a lovely chapter-and-a-half ending. (I say this because the penultimate chapter was actually good, save the last bit which set up this trainwreck of an ending.)

I don't even know what even the gently caress. I mean, even if the manga was axed (was it axed? I thought it was doing well), I thought the author would be able to wrap things up way better than this.

Like, the male protagonist had never been shown to have any feelings for his best friend. (Except friendship of course.) There were entire story arcs about this. The whole point of the protagonist character's development was him asking "He loves me, but I don't see him as anything but a friend, can we still hang out and be friends?" and the answer being "Yes, actually." And now they're married???

And the one lesbian character being married to a man? Yeah I know bisexual people exist, but she had NEVER shown any interested in men in a romantic or sexual way.

And the main character and his girlfriend breaking up and them marrying other people could have been done in an interesting way, but it was literally rushed out in the very final chapter, with no foreshadowing or development or explaination at all.

WHAT THE gently caress???

e. I am significantly more mad about this than I thought I would be. It's surprising, honestly. I guess a big part of me can't abide bad writing, when the rest of the series had been so good on that front.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

The Colonel posted:

what happen
somebody set us up the bomb

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the thing that makes the most sense is that this was the planned endpoint and the author just drew it without the arcs that'd maybe build up to it because it got axed

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the lesbian girl marrying a dude is imo the one part of that that makes it all uh. really weird.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Like, I'm not saying that what was shown in the final chapter couldn't happen. Life is weird. People do things you don't expect. But you have to convince me. What's their motivation? How did they get there from the point where we left them? What happened to make them that way?

It's the lack of explaination of how we got from point A to point B that maddens me.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i can understand that for everything except following up the lesbian whose entire subplot was about how she was insular and anxious because she had nobody to talk to about being a lesbian, who got an entire chapter of an older lady talking to her about being comfortable with her sexuality, marrying a dude lol

like if that's what you're planning to end with i'm not sure why you're spending 1/4 of the loving manga on these scenes. this isn't like, cutting through build-up and structuring for a weird ending, this is just. going entirely against one of the most interesting parts of the manga, lol.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I think even with build-up the lesbian thing would be weird, yeah. if you're gonna go with her marrying a dude, portray her anxiety more as her being unsure of her sexuality or her confusion at liking both or w/e.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

The Colonel posted:

the lesbian girl marrying a dude is imo the one part of that that makes it all uh. really weird.

Reminds me of something else that i can't remember the name of, about a guy noticing a hole in his apartment wall and getting roped into a voyeuristic relationship (alternating watching each other through the hole) with the woman next door. It was filled with terrible relationships, and the guy gets his heart stomped on multiple times, to the point he even considered suicide.

A lesbian side character, who had been crushing hard on the female lead, finally gets her wish of having sex with said lead. In the middle of it, she discovers the crazy voyeuristic relationship the two leads have, and is understandably pissed off about this breach of her trust. She proceeds to sever all ties with the rest of the cast and leaves town entirely, only to show up in the finale, married to one of the male side characters, and pregnant with his child.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Re Blue Flag: It wasn't just Masumi getting married that felt off; Taichi never seemed to be attracted to Touma in that way either. I mean, he obviously loved him like a brother, but getting married? We must have missed a LOT over those five years.

Wonderful manga right up to its ultra-rushed ending. Deffo got chopped.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
I can't remember if I've posted about Picture of Tears but

The art and tone reminds me of Inio Asano.
It is about two childhood friends, Sae and Riko who get caught in a love triangle.

Anyhoo you should read it and tell me that I'm not crazy for believing their eyes are film and reel.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

https://mangadex.org/title/47200/chandelier

E: the law contacted me to say to add this :nws:

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Apr 10, 2020

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Senryuu Shoujo ending soon reminds me: I hate how every romance manga seems to end as soon as the dating starts. :argh:

Snooze Cruise posted:

https://mangadex.org/title/47200/chandelier

E: the law contacted me to say to add this :nws:

I can relate with... Half of that! :confuoot:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Ayanero Taicho wants us to know what :nws: thoughts Aki-chan is thinking.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

https://mangadex.org/chapter/771759/1

A web comic about a samurai's bride who is incredibly thirsty.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Baron Snow posted:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/771759/1

A web comic about a samurai's bride who is incredibly thirsty.
That's quite powerful.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://mangadex.org/chapter/856373 !!!!!!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
https://mangadex.org/chapter/856862/3

Love me for what I am is getting updated again.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

For those of us who can't just read a mangadex url and know what the gently caress it's linking to, it's a new chapter of Hikaru Genji-kun after like 9 months!

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

I clicked this link, resultantly opening it in a new tab in my browser, and upon doing so discovered it was a new chapter of a manga i've never read, hikaru genji-kun. great work on this one!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Amazing!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
https://mangadex.org/chapter/856902/1

Midou has fantastic sisters. :3:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
just click things, live dangerously

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Good manga

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Everything Burrito posted:

just click things, live dangerously
Is that a challenge? :twisted:

Hope you don't mind dorky-rear end metal. :cheeky:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

If anyone was wanting a full chapter of Shimamura quietly sitting around and thinking about Adachi, I have good news.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Magic the Gathering the manga got an update. It's christmas break and Hajime is making his biggest play to end the year.

Toalpaz posted:

would you say: Adorkable?
Going to have to invoke this to describe the whole chapter. It's that right mixture of personalities.

Something more adult is this :nws: one-shot titled Kou iu no ga ii. Just two friends w/Benefits and a day in their lives.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Brother dead, wife mine update!! Mean teacher!! visual novels come back for drama!! drunk nozomi!!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
When Nozomi drinks her arms double in length

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Drunk Gumby

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

I wanted to post thank you for posting this comic that I would definitely never have read otherwise, but is an extremely good family of magic gays.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
happy to hear someone else liked it! it's a bit all over the place but the parts that hit really hit for me.

e; also looks like it updated a lot since i last read it so thanks for reminding me it exists lol

DisDisDis fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Apr 15, 2020

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I read that just now caught up it's good

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
I'm basic as poo poo but I'm absolutely loving this trend of authors being like

"Eheh, time to for me to write some pervy softcore genderswapping fetish bait!"

*800 pages of wholesome queer family-building later*