Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Marzzle posted:

why do you need to kill all the dogs?

honestly idk, it was shovelbum's idea lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
but yeah no one is waiting even a year for a vaccine, we'll have 90% of the restrictions lifted long before there's anything in widespread circulation

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

mark immune posted:

honestly idk, it was shovelbum's idea lol

the cats are the real problem

actually the captalist class is the real problem

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

seriously I had like 3 beers and a quarter of a bottle of wine last night and I've felt like poo poo all day. Alcohol loving sucks compared to weed

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Paradoxish posted:

but yeah no one is waiting even a year for a vaccine, we'll have 90% of the restrictions lifted long before there's anything in widespread circulation

Oh, yeah, we're definitely purging the olds and sicks.

You have no loving hope of surviving the economic cleansing if you're not naturally immune / resistant.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Ardennes posted:

Everyone Is going to disagree with me but don’t smoke weed, drink booze.

Are you saying don't do either or to drink instead of smoke?

Either way is...concerning

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

never in my life have I thought "drat I consumed too much weed last night" as I stumble through the day in a fugue of exhaustion and physical discomfort

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

You have no loving hope of surviving the economic cleansing if you're not naturally immune / resistant.

Since you can get it over and over again and the untreated cfr is in the 20s and it's killing workforce age people in their prime in the US then just lol

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I wish I could smoke weed instead of drink but it cranks my insomnia into untenable places.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

uh you'll survive if you're rich and not an idiot and head out to your yacht to live out your days as a lame rear end howard huges pirate

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

shovelbum posted:

actually the captalist class is the real problem

:hmmyes:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Edibles. Smoking is bad.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Fix posted:

I wish I could smoke weed instead of drink but it cranks my insomnia into untenable places.

that sucks :(. my favorite thing about weed is getting so high I fall asleep but I know it affects some people like that. If my tolerance is really low, it's more "energizing"/"anxiety inducing" but once I get over the hump it's more relaxing and fun. Never had it give me insomnia though

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Beachcomber posted:

Edibles. Smoking is bad.

vaping is pretty fine if you can't commit to a strong edible

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Tei posted:

Nobody is going to do a 10 years lockdown, not even in the worst case scenario. At that point we would soldier on and get out and live with death like is another part of life. Is a quarantine, not a forevertine.

The virus is round. They should call it roundtine.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Tei posted:

Nobody is going to do a 10 years lockdown, not even in the worst case scenario. At that point we would soldier on and get out and live with death like is another part of life. Is a quarantine, not a forevertine.

it's pretty much how people dealt with pandemics throughout history pre-industrial era

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

i am harry posted:

ugh, every night people in my neighborhood start howling at 8pm. I am not using any of those neighborhood community social things so I have absolutely no idea what the gently caress but I expect it’s some dumb American thing about keeping suburban spirits high as a way to participate in the “fight” against covid

the people in my neighborhood have strung up teddy bears all over various light posts and fences, just kind of tied them at the waist with rope so they droop over and it’s been raining a few days now so all the bears are soggy and miserable looking and it’s just kinda unsettling

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

Paradoxish posted:

yeah the second theres an effective candidate that doesnt cause ADE it'll be pumped out asap. they already skipped animal trials for one.

amazing how things move when number goes down. who cares if it causes turbocancer 50 years from now or something

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

almost as if man kind was in some sort of post-industrial "golden age" for a bit there and now, uh idk what comes after golden age? platinum age?

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

new kind of cat posted:

the people in my neighborhood have strung up teddy bears all over various light posts and fences, just kind of tied them at the waist with rope so they droop over and it’s been raining a few days now so all the bears are soggy and miserable looking and it’s just kinda unsettling

new silent hill sounding lit

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Malcolm XML posted:

yeah the second theres an effective candidate that doesnt cause ADE it'll be pumped out asap. they already skipped animal trials for one.

amazing how things move when number goes down. who cares if it causes turbocancer 50 years from now or something

I ain't takin' no 2020 roni vaccine

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

i am harry posted:

my almost 3 year old moved up to the big kids room at day care two days before everything shut down and it would definitely have helped with her speech development to be around some peers rn

lol they're only going to know goonsay

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LOL if you're not drinking a minimum of 500ml of plastic jug whiskey every day for years.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LMAO @ anyone with less than 9 digits in their bank account thinking about seeing the year 2021.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
loving lol @ hope

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
global obesity rates are going to plummet.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

i am harry posted:

ugh, every night people in my neighborhood start howling at 8pm. I am not using any of those neighborhood community social things so I have absolutely no idea what the gently caress but I expect it’s some dumb American thing about keeping suburban spirits high as a way to participate in the “fight” against covid

here in spain we do it every night, it started has a call to support nurses and medics

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Jonny 290 posted:

how's everybody feeling about living in hell

but still going :shrug:

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/samwangphd/status/1249132655737790464?s=21

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Remembering the discworld book The Truth where William De Worde repeatedly acquiesces to the Watch and the lawyers guild demands that he not report on something and simply reports that they told him not to report on it instead.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Marzzle posted:

never in my life have I thought "drat I consumed too much weed last night" as I stumble through the day in a fugue of exhaustion and physical discomfort

lol amateur. the whole reason I smoke weed is to constantly be in a fugue of exhaustion and discomfort

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Remembering the discworld book The Truth where William De Worde repeatedly acquiesces to the Watch and the lawyers guild demands that he not report on something and simply reports that they told him not to report on it instead.

Are there any discworld books about a plague? Feel like there’s gotta be

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Also really glad that I purchased the hyper-time sink that is Persona 5 Royal yesterday because I am not on a deep enough level of irony to withstand looking at CHUDs tweets or news articles about Corona Easter today.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/EricLiptonNYT/status/1249012275681337345

somebody buy james v lawler an account

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

o7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2vgICfQawE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP5-iIeKXE8

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

empty whippet box posted:

lol amateur. the whole reason I smoke weed is to constantly be in a fugue of exhaustion and discomfort

are you sure you're smoking weed

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Are there any discworld books about a plague? Feel like there’s gotta be

Nation, a non-Discworld book features a plague as background. Closest Discworld is probably Soul Music or Moving Pictures.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Jonny 290 posted:

such is life i suppose

Djimi
Jan 23, 2004

I like digital data
I have to say that Jesus's flattening of the curve today with a -1 death, is truly a wonderful sacrifice for our current sins of not testing much. Hallelujah. :angel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Jonny 290 posted: