Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

M2tt posted:

..... because I enjoy legitimate discussion about game mechanics. Why is this so hard to understand?

lurk more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Tempus Thales posted:

It's not a Tax, more like we take a 20% bonus of all materials gathered in controlled land. Technically, the game assumes we are benevolent owners that want to allow people to come and live in our sim farm and let them use our crops... but as ruthless overlords, we want everything for ourselves and will gently caress anyone who comes into the territory as it should be. So when you murder someone in the territory it's marked in the map...

so does murdering people give you less benefit

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

No, we actually encourage it. Join or Die is one of the main motto's. We dont join with rando's currently so hunting season is open to anyone you care to take on.

motorocker
Dec 23, 2013

Soiled Meat

20%<100%. also it turns out its much funner to actively steal poo poo than passively.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48ofQPa03uA

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
There’s also an actual tax though, the flots traded in the zone. 10%?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Trading station always takes 10% of the flots for itself. If you own the territory, that 10% is deposited in the vault and a member of your clan with Leader permissions can take that money out.

If you own territory, any time somebody harvests on a server within your zone of influence causes an additional 20% bonus of whatever was harvested to be deposited in your Proxy Walker. There is no tax. It is a pure bonus. If a pubbie gets killed (the "murdered" message), then they will not produce that 20% bonus for you for a long time.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Nalin posted:

Trading station always takes 10% of the flots for itself. If you own the territory, that 10% is deposited in the vault and a member of your clan with Leader permissions can take that money out.

If you own territory, any time somebody harvests on a server within your zone of influence causes an additional 20% bonus of whatever was harvested to be deposited in your Proxy Walker. There is no tax. It is a pure bonus. If a pubbie gets killed (the "murdered" message), then they will not produce that 20% bonus for you for a long time.

The tax system is a nice idea in theory, but the low population caps of each oasis work against it. You'd rather have a clan member than a pubbie when the oasis is full.

It remains to be seen if smaller clans that don't run at max capacity can maintain claims. Those are the people that will benefit from the tax.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
We're a smaller clan and we decided against going for a proxy right away. The main bottleneck for us is stuff like tablets and rupu gel, which the proxy doesn't solve at all. It just makes you swim in stone, fiber, wood, and cattails, which is... okay I guess? But not very useful unless you have 50 people who all need to be regeared every fight.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

i highly recommend the proxy walker and getting a territory, it produces a fuckload of centralized materials and pretty much reduces the drama of people never contributing since you automatically benefit from whatever they do :getin:

this fucker has generated 5000+ wood, stone and fiber, which in the grand scheme of things isn't a ton but holy poo poo for free? the walker has paid itself over in an hour of existing

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
We literally never need wood, stone, and fiber, because everyone we kill has so much of the stuff that we had to make like two extra toboggans and two extra bases just to hold our overflow

Actually that's not true for stone, we only have 2000 stone left over and I want to make more singblades

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

we have oodles of it, but it's locked away in a bank walker and we can never be assed to go grab it like, ever

having a safe stockpile that can only be raided 5% of the day? now that's very epic

now my boys can't be bitching now that each stiletto has 5000 darts in it allowing us to pretty much win every nearly even walker v walker fight

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Repeaters are super hard countered by the green death bomb by the way. Right now our strat is to just dump one of those on the enemy boat and watch the kills flow in. It completely covers a stiletto in green gas, here's an idea of its size (TW: bio warfare on monkeys)

If you can manage to lock down a boat, a single gas bomb forces everyone out of their repeaters/off their deck and onto the ground. Where your repeaters mop them up. It deals about 10-20 damage a second, doesn't seem to get reduced by anything, and cancels bandages with every tick. It stays where it is, so moving the boat out of it does the trick, but it completely blocks vision and lasts like half a minute or so.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

i just hate how it's a ring of gas, the center has no gas in it and follows the plane it lands on

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
That's not what we experienced, the center had the most gas and it stayed still instead of following the ship it landed on. We did hit the legs though, not a direct deck hit.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

IT'S LIKE A DOUGHNUT

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Missing the ring

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

missed opportunity

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

please knock Mom! posted:

Missing the ring

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran

clammy posted:

lurk more

Haha nailed it

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

what about this game makes people want to literally not want to pvp and just farm all day?

holy poo poo i'm so goddamn bored

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

what about this game makes people want to literally not want to pvp and just farm all day?

holy poo poo i'm so goddamn bored

Sounds like you need to find some more likeminded individuals

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

M2tt posted:

Haha nailed it

:cheeky:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Some russians set up a proxy walker in our hex with its vulnerability timer set to 3 AM

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

the white gas bombs are

bomb

Aertuun
Dec 18, 2012

The forager module is some ridiculous now that it's been fixed, especially with the huge clumps of resources on the hard map.

Great video!

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

we just took 12 guys with half in a repeater stiletto and the other half in the boarding/gasbomb hornet and we completely disabled 4 enemy walkers, got 50+ kills, and looted the field and did so without a single loss. They kept coming in one at a time, we'd blow a leg, gas the ship (with the white gas) three times, and then pull and kite off and engage the next one. Stacking 3 white gas bombs instakills people after 10 seconds of being in it, and we'd see killfeeds of 3-4 people as they wave spawn in.

poo poo was great, wish repeater wasn't so oppressive tho, i'd like to melee fight every once in a while

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

They're adding a kinder surprise egg to the game? Finally I can protect my woodworking station from bandits. :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hsyHr0g7x0

It looks inferior to a spider. Obviously the spider's downside is that the hull has the same armor type as walker legs and can probably be broken by repeaters, but still. The one way this thing makes sense is as a hard zone lawnmower for solos. You give it wood foraging modules, cram chests into the cockpit, then run around vacuuming up everything. In fact, it might be decent at ash farming too at the burned bushes in the lava areas.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I heard the dinghy speed got nerfed in the recent patch. Is that just rumours from pubbies or actually real?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

i've heard nothing about that

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i've heard nothing about that

ah okay, i probably shouldn't read the steam forums.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Torque has been nerfed, and since torque disproportionately helped the dinghy...

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Do we know if percentage based mitigation or flat damage reduction is calculated first for personal armor?

The easiest way to find out would be to get shot by repeaters while wearing the full baskwood set. 30 damage versus 41% mitigation, 23 flat reduction. You'll either take 4 damage or 0 damage. Hopefully someone's already been through that, saving me the effort of finding a pubbie gunboat to die at for science.

The difference is significant for iron studded armor. It'll either be a modest upgrade to everything else, or it'll poo poo on axes, quarterstaffs and low penetration swords.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Apr 12, 2020

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Flat first, percentage after

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Well drat. Yeah, that's huge for iron studded. no it's not

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Apr 12, 2020

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Other way around would be really OP

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Oh for fucks sake, I got it mixed even though I just went through all the numbers in the post.

Yes, you're right. So the way it is now, iron studded is an okay upgrade, but not a walking fortress.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yep, other way around would be really stupid. Right now foresters into iron studded sounds alright. Baskwood was great when gear levels were poo poo and people zerged with beatsticks.

Urthor
Jul 28, 2014

A much better game than Atlas, with a much much shittier SA thread than Atlas

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Our comrades got into a big fight last night and the when all hope looked lost, the horn of Goondor was answered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIXj_7Frmw8

This fight was hands down the most fun I've ever had in a survival game.