Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Milo and POTUS posted:

Yeah I found out about it last night but nobody is reporting on it still lmao.

That's because apart from the light show and keeping some locals awake this eruption has had no effect on anything except an uninhabited island. There's nothing much to report. It's not a conspiracy of silence or ineptitude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It is a baby volcano and an underachiever. Come back when it blots out the sun for a few years!

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

mooyashi posted:

i dont know how to explain this to you

what clothes did you use today

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Milo and POTUS posted:

It is a baby volcano and an underachiever. Come back when it blots out the sun for a few years!

That's one way to reduce global warming.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

El_Elegante posted:

what clothes did you use today

i think if i said "a gun was used in the murder" or "a weedwhacker was used in the landscaping" you could infer how unless you're being an obtuse idiot

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

mooyashi posted:

i think if i said "a gun was used in the murder" or "a weedwhacker was used in the landscaping" you could infer how unless you're being an obtuse idiot

when making a reference to a man whose most famous interaction with clothing was ejaculating on it, I’d think specificity would be preferable

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

what i like about this picture is that the staging had him just clenching a ball in each hand

i wonder if he's actually on a unicycle or not

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

that is not the tire i would pick for a unicycle, or well anything

also that tire is too clean to have been used, even just inside

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

every lincoln chafee debate answer but especially the dad death causing vote for financial deregulation one

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
mark zuckerberg believes he is the reincarnation of augustus caesar, that's why he has that lovely haircut, and why he was going to run for president (destiny!) which is why there is a video of him eating toast like a robot

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Vim Fuego posted:

mark zuckerberg believes he is the reincarnation of augustus caesar, that's why he has that lovely haircut, and why he was going to run for president (destiny!) which is why there is a video of him eating toast like a robot
Say what you will about Russiagate but it put him down hard

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Zuckerberg's booster seat at Congress hearings

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
the (future) president recommended everyone to watch a sex tape during his campaign

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

those AOL dumps are fascinating

it's like they're having conversations with the search results. theres also one where it's a guy cheating on his wife, but gradually it becomes clear that they're both searching stuff and she finds out and finds a friend in another state and comes to terms with leaving him

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Curtis got slapped.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

iirc this also showed his wife with a huge "B" and biden himself labeld "id"

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Chuka Umana posted:

in 1863 New York draft riots irish rioters tried to destroy the headquarters of the pro-republican New York Times and were stopped by reporters and staff manning gattling guns.

the kentucky abolitionist cassius clay bought cannons to defend his newspaper and ended a debate with a slaveowner by gutting him with a bowie knife after getting a gun pulled on him

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Milo and POTUS posted:

It is a baby volcano and an underachiever. Come back when it blots out the sun for a few years Mt. Ranier blows its top and ushers in a new age of goblins, magic and corporate sovreignty!

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

none of them get my precious vote lol

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

What was this

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

GalacticAcid posted:

What was this

AOL search logs which were "anonymized" in such a way that one could see all of the searches by a single user or household if they shared a login. Here's the wiki.

It ended up being mostly sad for the reasons Krakenstyle pointed out. People would straight up have conversations with the search box and it was ridiculously obvious that some people's lives were falling apart through tragedy, circumstance, or just bad luck.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

lol

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

GalacticAcid posted:

What was this

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
Remember the Bolivian elections in october? How the "Organization of American States" were questioning the legitimacy of the results?

Just skimming the wiki page for the OAS tells you everything you need to know.

quote:

During the Cold War, the United States hoped the OAS would be a bulwark against the spread of communism. Since the 1990s, the organization has focused on election monitoring.

quote:

The OAS has two funds, one for the General Secretariat, and one for specific programs and initiatives. The General Assembly asks for contributions from each member country based on its capacity to pay. In 2018 the General Secretariat's budget was $85 million of which the US contributed $50 million. In 2017 the US contributed $17 million to the fund for specific programmes which was almost a third of the total contributions for that year.

I'm looking forward to the OAS report about the democratic primaries.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

LastInLine posted:

AOL search logs which were "anonymized" in such a way that one could see all of the searches by a single user or household if they shared a login. Here's the wiki.

It ended up being mostly sad for the reasons Krakenstyle pointed out. People would straight up have conversations with the search box and it was ridiculously obvious that some people's lives were falling apart through tragedy, circumstance, or just bad luck.

Ahhhhhh yes I remember this now. Lmao

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

There was also a three part weekend web series about it, which is where the screenshots are coming from.

Another on-topic one:

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
those still make me crack up so many years later

https://www.somethingawful.com/weekend-web/aol-search-log/

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

"i like both of them" lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
when this was posted unironically in cspam

https://twitter.com/funder/status/1139634620834689025

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

John McCain is fuckin dead :D

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

cool dance moves posted:

lmao

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

mooyashi posted:

those still make me crack up so many years later

https://www.somethingawful.com/weekend-web/aol-search-log/

I just read through all three of them and jesus there is some hosed up poo poo in there. Dogfuckers, pedos, people just being insanely racist out of nowhere.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/randygdub/status/736707029394292737?s=21

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

cool dance moves posted:

Stone Cold Plane Crasher

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Karl Barks posted:

every lincoln chafee debate answer but especially the dad death causing vote for financial deregulation one

"it was my first day!"

well gee I hope there aren't any bills ready for signature on your first day as president because I guess you'll just approve whatever

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

That memetastic video Ajit Pai put out while he was getting ready to knife net neutrality

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13lM_rhw8FQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

More like a just realised but Trumps fetishisation of his daughter means that most government panels he sets up have more women on them than a Dem establishment version of them would have.