Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Not sure I'd trust random Hacker News posters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

twoday posted:

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1249299978016542720?s=20

Heartwarming to see everyone coming together like this

At least almost everyone is wearing a mask.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

twoday posted:

I love these feel good propaganda stories like a modern version of the Iraq era "Support the Troops"

Let's make propaganda video on supporting medical workers instead of giving them basic things like PPE.

So inspiring when hourly medical workers are wearing Da Mets PPE

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

twoday posted:

´The good thing about staging applause is that you then don't have to show them gratitude in other ways, like better pay or working conditions.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

twoday posted:

covid fever will warm more than their hearts

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

covid fever will warm more than their hearts

A big thanks to the NY dem party machine for delaying the CV response as long as possible!

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

etalian posted:

I love these feel good propaganda stories like a modern version of the Iraq era "Support the Troops"

Let's make propaganda video on supporting medical workers instead of giving them basic things like PPE.

eyyyyy go covid love dah covid!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bulgakov posted:

eyyyyy go covid love dah covid!

The NY party machine response was basically like Da Mets.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

twoday posted:

lol is this the mayor telling people to go out and enjoy movie with an outbreak exploding in his city

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Solarin posted:

death, and I cannot stress this enough, to America

well the good news is we're currently on track for that

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
My new neighbor has a dua supplication for entering the home on their door so they're, I'm guessing, Islamic and I've been looking into appropriate Islamic greetings for when we eventually meet. We'll be living on the entire floor above them (and another unit) so I've been practicing walking softly, I don't want to upset anyone because loud neighbors are terrible

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

Solarin posted:

death, and I cannot stress this enough, to America

Sorry, but what we have here is Death with America, not Death of America.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Does anyone have that article from a couple days ago that was saying (IIRC) that the Trump administration was specifically trying to avoid getting involved too much in efforts to deal with coronavirus as a strategic decision to try to make everything the fault of the states?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Lambert posted:

Not sure I'd trust random Hacker News posters.

Most citations are bogus!
And here's a reddit post talking about second hand knowledge of something to prove it!

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Thinking about all the people who are gonna get infected today on the name of the Lord

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

brugroffil posted:

Thinking about all the people who are gonna get infected today on the name of the Lord

lmao how the Chuds gave churches a religious exemption and mega-churches demanded this mainly because Easter week was one of the best for grifting contributions

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

no....no

https://twitter.com/BBCNWT/status/1249306230537027584?s=20

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

brugroffil posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfkHkdu5IEI

This calls for divine intervention

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

old habits die hard

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

facetoucher cat posted:

My new neighbor has a dua supplication for entering the home on their door so they're, I'm guessing, Islamic and I've been looking into appropriate Islamic greetings for when we eventually meet. We'll be living on the entire floor above them (and another unit) so I've been practicing walking softly, I don't want to upset anyone because loud neighbors are terrible

walk softly and touch a big face

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

People who work with non-human primates are keeping ten metres away.

But sure, two metres is fine when human lives are at stake. :thunk:

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Yes, that's the most recent one I saw, thank you. Looks like headache's not on there. Another one I saw listed more types of symptoms, published by China very early on IIRC.

Does headache typically come early on in the progression? A first symptom? It's reassuring to see that coughing was most people's first symptom on the image because my wife's not coughing today, but is coughing present first for everybody?

I already asked her if her taste/smell changed, she said they're working great :unsmith:

there was the one from Singapore that tracked a whole bunch of stats for like 10 patients in parallel on one graph. not sure where to find it

mystes
May 31, 2006

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Yes, that's the most recent one I saw, thank you. Looks like headache's not on there. Another one I saw listed more types of symptoms, published by China very early on IIRC.

Does headache typically come early on in the progression? A first symptom? It's reassuring to see that coughing was most people's first symptom on the image because my wife's not coughing today, but is coughing present first for everybody?

I already asked her if her taste/smell changed, she said they're working great :unsmith:
There has been so much conflicting information about the progression of symptoms that it's probably pointless to try to figure out if you might have it unless you have fever, trouble breathing, or (I guess) loss of smell. Given that you're sick with something, I don't think symptoms like headaches will be at all useful for a differential diagnosis between covid, colds, allergies, influenza, etc.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

mystes posted:

There has been so much conflicting information about the progression of symptoms that it's probably pointless to try to figure out if you might have it unless you have fever, trouble breathing, or (I guess) loss of smell. Given that you're sick with something, I don't think symptoms like headaches will be at all useful for a differential diagnosis between covid, colds, allergies, influenza, etc.

loss of taste and smell iirc

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

etalian posted:

This reminds me of when the USA invaded Afghanistan, but didn't have enough PPE for their troops, so places like these forums were buying them bulletproof armor
lol america

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

who is this joke for

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

fits my needs posted:

i don't care, i don't listen, i have no idea what the gently caress is going on, but let me tell you what i think

This is the best stance to take about anything

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Solarin posted:

walk softly and touch a big face

Touch. The. Face.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Oh sure, it's not like he's gonna die without it or anything.

lol

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1249320928212930560

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

etalian posted:

They're so medical workers can be villainized if/when they stop working in unsafe conditions

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

gently caress this poo poo

facetoucher cat posted:

Touch. The. Face.

this is real good though

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

Rah! posted:

true story weed helped with my breathing, i think lol. Like, i was definitely sick with something at first, but after whatever that was went away, i was still having shortness of breath likely due to allergies/asthma, and weed fixed it

never dont do weed (disclaimer: smoking the weed might make some peoples breathing worse, but apparently for some people with mild asthma it can still help, myself included)

same, except mine is anxiety due to underlying sarcoidosis, which is probably a serious comorbity but it’s rare enough that who knows? anywho smoke weed and chill and play video games

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Boo

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

etalian posted:

lmao how the Chuds gave churches a religious exemption and mega-churches demanded this mainly because Easter week was one of the best for grifting contributions

I don't think grifting is the right word here but yeah it's obvious that this is the christian black Friday (lol) that makes or breaks their budget for the rest of the year and any churches that didn't already move to pledged donations is demanding to be open for the revenue

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I hope for the sake of nearly eight billion people on this planet that immunity from SARS-CoV-2 lasts a good long time.

Failing that, I will smile if it gets a second shot at BoJo.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

wait he might still stroke out at home wait and see approach best at this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

https://i.imgur.com/IWN9mDy.mp4