Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Sleep sleep you ugly morons

when have we seen Bill before?

e: oh I guess a previous heist episode

isaboo fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Apr 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

pahuyuth posted:

Sleep sleep you ugly morons

when have we seen Bill before?

e: oh I guess a previous heist episode

Jake and Charles also investigated his MLM cult

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The shots of Cheddar running were perfect.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I enjoyed everything about that episode apart from Scipio Africanus not getting his rightful due as the guy who defeated Hannibal.

I missed what Holt said Flavius actually did.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Bill is one of my favourite recurring characters I love how he's now a regular part of heist time.

Also drat Rosa.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jason Sextro posted:

Jake and Charles also investigated his MLM cult

Boom Boom!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

HookShot posted:

I enjoyed everything about that episode apart from Scipio Africanus not getting his rightful due as the guy who defeated Hannibal.

He said he defeated Hannibal by being patient and avoiding battle.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

HookShot posted:

He invented the Fabian strategy.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Ah, thanks!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Artelier posted:

Bill is one of my favourite recurring characters I love how he's now a regular part of heist time.
I thought for sure his falling apart was an act, and he was going to win.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Random Observation: Mumps Holt might be my favorite.

:smugdog: "Balthazar's a thirsty bitch."

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

sean10mm posted:

Random Observation: Mumps Holt might be my favorite.

:smugdog: "Balthazar's a thirsty bitch."

Him writing, then pointing at, the word "CLUE" and yelling "CLUE!" is one of my favorite line deliveries in the show.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
It was “Case” or actually “Kase”

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Bankok posted:

It was “Case” or actually “Kase”

Sounds cheesy to me.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
I love how they are obviously dressing Santiago to hide Fumero's pregnancy, but it feels like they are aggressively not mentioning it. At any moment, they could lampshade it, but they aren't doing it.

This last episode, it seemed like they were trying to fit in as many examples of tried-and-true TV pregnancy camouflage as they possibly could.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well they did "lampshade" it with that "We're pregnant"/"We knew, you didn't hide it well" montage.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

tarlibone posted:

I love how they are obviously dressing Santiago to hide Fumero's pregnancy, but it feels like they are aggressively not mentioning it. At any moment, they could lampshade it, but they aren't doing it.

This last episode, it seemed like they were trying to fit in as many examples of tried-and-true TV pregnancy camouflage as they possibly could.
They did lampshade it with her pumpkin costume but it was fine. They aren't overselling it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Just saw the ad for next weeks episode and I am s h o o k

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

EL BROMANCE posted:

Just saw the ad for next weeks episode and I am s h o o k

:same:

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
That's the first Halloween heist I've just...checked out of.
Ahh I think it's just been on too long now. Holt especially seems so Flanderised and while Rosa/Terry/Amy/Jake still provide a decent base to the show it's just not got the magic it used to have.

I dunno if this is down to the move or what. Series 6 was probably 60% hits and 40% misses but this feels more 20/80

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
This was the best Heist episode because the main thrust is how over the top and tedious heists have become

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Taear posted:

This was the only good one, op.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

This was the best Heist episode because the main thrust is how over the top and tedious heists have become

Saying it's boring doesn't stop it being boring though.

tarlibone posted:

They've mentioned it LOADS what are you talking about? Maybe I'm just more used to it being subtle like in Friends and etc where they kinda can't mention it.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

Taear posted:

They've mentioned it LOADS what are you talking about? Maybe I'm just more used to it being subtle like in Friends and etc where they kinda can't mention it.

I know they've mentioned her character as being pregnant, but I mean lampshading the fact that the actress herself is pregnant. A breaking-the-fourth-wall thing. They've edged up to it, but yeah, with the character pregnant, they must have started talking about how she was dressed and I just didn't pay attention.

And I liked this heist episode. Probably a little more than some of the other ones.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mymla posted:

This was the only good bad one, op.
These aren't my favorite episodes in general but usually I do enjoy them, this time it just felt very meh. I think the problem was it was restarted several times and poo poo like "the dog ate the macguffin" has been done to death and just isn't funny any more even if padded with some explanation about the training and what not.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

These aren't my favorite episodes in general but usually I do enjoy them, this time it just felt very meh. I think the problem was it was restarted several times and poo poo like "the dog ate the macguffin" has been done to death and just isn't funny any more even if padded with some explanation about the training and what not.

Yea, it felt really paint by numbers.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

When there are that many twists, none of them mean anything.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I'm glad they didn't forget about Arlo.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I think last time that was posted, we all agreed there were some odd choices there. Rosa should absolutely be Kira, for example.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Taear posted:

Ahh I think it's just been on too long now. Holt especially seems so Flanderised and while Rosa/Terry/Amy/Jake still provide a decent base to the show it's just not got the magic it used to have.

I kind of wish they let Holt stay in uniform longer, I thought that helped let him shake up what he could do with the character a little bit.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Drink-Mix Man posted:

I kind of wish they let Holt stay in uniform longer, I thought that helped let him shake up what he could do with the character a little bit.

It feels like they wanted to get rid of that stuff REALLY FAST, think how much time has passed in the last few episodes.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I was actually wondering if Jake and Amy should have had their baby by now going by how much time went by in the last few episodes.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Of course they wanted to end it fast, look at the shuffling new chiefs a couple of seasons ago or the witness protection stuff

Drastic SQ changes are alwatpys over within a couple episodes

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Taear posted:

It feels like they wanted to get rid of that stuff REALLY FAST, think how much time has passed in the last few episodes.

Yeah, it kind of made me wonder what the point was besides just setting up an interesting cliffhanger last season finale. (I know there probably wasn't one, but still. Seemed like a wasted opportunity.)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Does the show get syndicated? I could see how random TV stations would get annoyed if they have to make sure they play so many episodes in order, so they keep the story lines short.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Soon after its hundredth episode it was syndicated on TBS for a month or two (maybe more, they didn't air it often). I still see re-runs pop up at like 2:00 once in a while.

I have no idea if that would have any effect on the writing process though.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

PizzaProwler posted:

Soon after its hundredth episode it was syndicated on TBS for a month or two (maybe more, they didn't air it often). I still see re-runs pop up at like 2:00 once in a while.

I have no idea if that would have any effect on the writing process though.

I don't know about nowadays, but sitcoms used to be created specifically so they could be syndicated. Plots were contained within one episode and things were kept mostly the same, so cable stations could play them in any order.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I can’t even imagine something like The Good Place getting syndicated then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

That was the old purpose I don’t think they give a poo poo anymore.

Though sitcoms for the most part kept the structure like this show.