Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

BrigadierSensible posted:

A lot of the Nia Jax hate comes from the fact that she has little to no charisma in the ring. You then add the fact that she has prominently injured more than one wrestler.

But I dislike her because she is not fun to watch.

Also she pulls rank like a respected locked room leader, when she's neither respected or a veteran. Like imagine if Titus tried to pull rank on rookies 5 years into his career.

It is hilarious to me every time WWE only people try and pull rank. Double when it's commentary that act like every debut is a rookie, even if they've been wrestling since the early 2000s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Wazzu posted:

It is hilarious to me every time WWE only people try and pull rank. Double when it's commentary that act like every debut is a rookie, even if they've been wrestling since the early 2000s

In Vince's mind, (and the way he portrays it on TV and elsewhere), this is true.

Nothing you have done elsewhere matters, or is of any worth except as a throwaway line to explain why HHH is all that much more tougher and cooler when he beats you.

Relatedly, and somewhat contrarianly(?) I reckon Rhonda will be back in WWE on a big money contract where she will be able to do what she wants. Because she pulled a Brock. She left WWE on her terms, proved she doesn't need WWE. And has "mainstream" name recognition. Vince creams his pants over all of this.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

hey maybe if those indie shmucks paid their dues and showed some respect they might get to be the rock's cousin someday too

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Was it Ezekiel Jackson who tried to pull rank with Daniel Bryan by bullying him to get his plane seat, only to get told off by Regal?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Love 2 engage with the notorious bad faith poster and not have them on ignore like a same person

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Me too but i'm not the same person. you're not allowed to have multiple accounts

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Eat My Fuc posted:

I bet if you asked Steve if he'd change anything he'd say no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXr8gbNPkzI

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

:(

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

How long do you have to be in the business to be considered a veteran?

Also I think Steve would have done without getting his neck broken or committing domestic abuse, if he could change anything about his life.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Wazzu posted:

Like imagine if Titus tried to pull rank on rookies 5 years into his career.

Titus literally did that to Vince McMahon live on air, it didn't go well

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ICHIBAHN posted:

Time to ban that idiot

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

I know it's a SA post but what WAS the original context of this? Gamergate?

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Apr 12, 2020

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I know it's a SA post but that WAS the original context of this? Gamergate?

It was the end of the most baffling derail we ever had, yeah https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3688311&pagenumber=25&perpage=40#post439235233 It starts at the top of the page that's on and spiraled quick

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

It was the end of the most baffling derail we ever had, yeah https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3688311&pagenumber=25&perpage=40#post439235233 It starts at the top of the page that's on and spiraled quick

Wow. You were not exaggerating.

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing

TV Zombie posted:

How long do you have to be in the business to be considered a veteran?

"You're a rookie until you've had a 1000 matches."

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

BrigadierSensible posted:

In Vince's mind, (and the way he portrays it on TV and elsewhere), this is true.

Nothing you have done elsewhere matters, or is of any worth except as a throwaway line to explain why HHH is all that much more tougher and cooler when he beats you.

Taz was on the AEW podcast this week and talks about how he knew he was hosed in WWE when the crowd popped as big as it did for his debut based on his established body of work and not anything Vince has done.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

https://twitter.com/Perfec10n/status/1249099711543312385?s=20

I assume he meant year? What a goober.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Taz was on the AEW podcast this week and talks about how he knew he was hosed in WWE when the crowd popped as big as it did for his debut based on his established body of work and not anything Vince has done.

The story about Heyman quietly getting a guy who was working for WWE to sneak in and make the adjustments needed for the big crash spot he did with Bam Bam Bigelow was really interesting too.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Wazzu posted:

Also she pulls rank like a respected locked room leader, when she's neither respected or a veteran. Like imagine if Titus tried to pull rank on rookies 5 years into his career.

Yeah that’s the poo poo that annoys me. She’s never had a match outside the bubble of wwe. She’s only ever trained in the cushy million dollar performance center, but she still talks like she’s some grizzled vet who’s done and seen it all while she also has no clue how to put together a compelling match. I’m not saying she has to have worked the indies to be a decent wrestler but there’s also a reason she hasn’t really improved in the amount of time she’s been there. It’s also not really her fault. Wwe just has a really bad development system and doesn’t have people to help people like Nia out. Mix that in with her being the rocks cousin and I’m sure you have all the executives backstage feeding into her ego and she starts believing her own hype.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

The story about Heyman quietly getting a guy who was working for WWE to sneak in and make the adjustments needed for the big crash spot he did with Bam Bam Bigelow was really interesting too.

I was in the crowd for that PPV! And holy poo poo was that spot amazing live.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
That's a cool spot (https://www.wwe.com/videos/tazz-vs-bam-bam-bigelow-living-dangerously-1998-ecw-world-television-championship-match - all the utubes are like 36x36 resolution so u have to give the bad company 1 social media view!);

though I prefer this one because gently caress the Undertaker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-3UsAP1-6E&t=25s

Unrelated: lol Chris Hero Sandwich am I rite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzBJD0Nry1g

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Who is the women's locker room leader?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Power Windows posted:

Charlotte, of course. :v:

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Power Windows posted:

Steph, but if I had to guess/be serious, it'd def. be the Queen of Harts/Bootlickers, Nattie.

Also who's the current Wrestler's Court Judge, Muscle, and Fixer? I assume it's not longer Undertaker now that he's never been seen after riding off from the bone zone, and JBL is probably giving some interns at Fox concussions via swirley

Does the champ become the new locker room leader? Because just lol at people listening to Braun asking them to carry his water because THESE HANDS are too busy carrying the belt!

Hirez fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Apr 12, 2020

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Wazzu posted:

remember when they tried to call AJ Styles "the redneck rookie" for awhile after his WWE debut

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Hirez posted:

Steph, but if I had to guess/be serious, it'd def. be the Queen of Harts/Bootlickers, Nattie.

Also who's the current Wrestler's Court Judge, Muscle, and Fixer? I assume it's not longer Undertaker now that he's never been seen after riding off from the bone zone, and JBL is probably giving some interns at Fox concussions via swirley

Does the champ become the new locker room leader? Because just lol at people listening to Braun asking them to carry his water because THESE HANDS are too busy carrying the belt!

from stories I've read, Roman? He was the guy who threw Enzo off the bus and also seemed to give off that presence from that Aleister Black story where Roman told him he didn't need to keep cleaning the locker room.

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2018/10/24/aleister-black-recalls-heartwarming-roman-reigns-story/

Says a lot about the character of both guys though lol that Black mentioned Seth/Bray/Finn as leaders. I think the latter 2 are probably great to work with and humble enough but Seth, wasn't he awkwardly pushed into that role and fumbled?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

StarkRavingMad posted:

remember when they tried to call AJ Styles "the redneck rookie" for awhile after his WWE debut

Made funnier by the fact that AJ has been doing wrestling since the loving 90's, he's more experienced than 90% of the roster

I really loathe the idea that WWE has it's own bubble, the idea that you haven't made any waves in wrestling until you sign there is absurd, pretty sure Machine Gun Anderson was a millionaire by the time WWE signed him and yet some idiot in the writing team probably wouldn't think twice about pitching the idea of him being a greenhorn, how loving dumb.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i am the locker leader

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Hirez posted:

Now that's how you hit the ropes

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

when ronda talks about Sandy Hook does she call it worked shoot, too?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/theadampage/status/1249409484205764608?s=21

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Hirez posted:

Chris Hero's 2016 indie run is one of the best runs in pro wrestling history

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Low Desert Punk posted:

Chris Hero's 2016 indie run is one of the best runs in pro wrestling history

Straight up. Every time I would see him in PWG I would get more and more convinced he was the best wrestler in the world.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Hero is the GOAT indie wrestler.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

2016 Hero with the Denver Nuggets gear is probably the best look in 2010s indie wrestling

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

NienNunb posted:

Hero is the GOAT indie wrestler.

It’s a shame he bob dylan’d himself

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I Before E posted:

2016 Hero with the Denver Nuggets gear is probably the best look in 2010s indie wrestling

The Duke gear was great when he was working heel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/WWERollins/status/1249414848355676165

just lmao