Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Tolth posted:

My favorite subtle thing about this chapter was Kid's crew all adopting the habit of doing Killer's bizarre forced laugh to help him feel less isolated.

It was a very nice moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Sub Harrison posted:

this chapter's gonna be great in the anime.
I haven't seen the anime in years, but THAT song is playing during the map part

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

JackDarko posted:

He's an "edgelord" villain in terms of having the kind of backstory that's pretty common amongst villains.

I do find it pretty interesting that in One Piece as a hero, you typically die or take pride in never having injuries on your back due to not running away or giving your back to an opponent. Lucci, on the other hand, has his defining trait be that he has a ton of injuries on his back.

Other than that, I think his design is amazing, and easily one of my favorites, especially when he was mute, and the Pidgeon did the talking for him.

I really appreciate the fact that after his heel turn his pigeon is still just chilling on this very merciless man’s shoulder and even dresses like him with the hat and a cute little tie, because why not.

Also I always took his scars to be a side effect of his training being so brutal, I can’t really imagine he would ever surrender without an order to do so.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Lucci was most likely bought as a kid (CP 0 bought orphans from Mother Caramel to be trained as agents) and brainwashed during his training. To the real powers in the WG he's an investment and their best tool and Lucci is a fanatic believer in upholding "Dark Justice" so it shouldn't be confusing at all why he's still working for them.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you'd think that the wg would keep their agents who were indoctrinated into an obsession with justice the gently caress away from the tenryuubito. the most unjust fuckers on the planet should do a pretty good job of shaking those convictions, but lucci doesn't seem to have a problem with it.

Demonicpoodle
Jul 9, 2012

Something inside me calls out passionately to the landscape I saw - the end of the sea of corruption to which you led me.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

you'd think that the wg would keep their agents who were indoctrinated into an obsession with justice the gently caress away from the tenryuubito. the most unjust fuckers on the planet should do a pretty good job of shaking those convictions, but lucci doesn't seem to have a problem with it.

Interestingly, Lucci does seem to believe the Celestial Dragons actually are gods. And I feel like either the Gorosei or Imu actually are, though likely just Imu, since if the Gorosei were gods themselves I doubt they'd bow to him. I really feel like there are so many God references in this series that we're eventually going to get a real one, though every god we've gotten so far has been a false one or just an extremely powerful being revered as a deity (Kaido's seen as a deity in Wano).

Though there's no way Charloss and his ilk are anything but putrid trash.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Demonicpoodle posted:

just an extremely powerful being revered as a deity (Kaido's seen as a deity in Wano).

Isn't that exactly what a god is?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

someone's going to be from the moon at some point

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Viridiant posted:

Isn't that exactly what a god is?

depends on your definition

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Last Celebration posted:

I really appreciate the fact that after his heel turn his pigeon is still just chilling on this very merciless man’s shoulder and even dresses like him with the hat and a cute little tie, because why not.

Also I always took his scars to be a side effect of his training being so brutal, I can’t really imagine he would ever surrender without an order to do so.

Lucci's pigeon rules

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

One of my fav panels was CP9 on the train to Enies where even the bird gets gov official overcoat

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Rewatched Luffy vs Lucci in a string of old hiding-from-one-another youtube videos and godDAMN that fight rules.

GOD

drat

My one big hope for the rest of the series is that the eventual, final, Luffy vs.Blackbeard tops it.

The series is already basically perfect so whatev

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Demonicpoodle posted:

Interestingly, Lucci does seem to believe the Celestial Dragons actually are gods. And I feel like either the Gorosei or Imu actually are, though likely just Imu, since if the Gorosei were gods themselves I doubt they'd bow to him. I really feel like there are so many God references in this series that we're eventually going to get a real one, though every god we've gotten so far has been a false one or just an extremely powerful being revered as a deity (Kaido's seen as a deity in Wano).

Though there's no way Charloss and his ilk are anything but putrid trash.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bony, or at least the previous owner of her fruit, was freed during Fisher Tiger's rebellion. Which is why one of the Elders looks pretty young compared to the others, since he got his rejuvenation treatment just before Fisher Tiger went wild. Which will explain how the Gorsei are all from the void century and Imu is their ruler from then as well.

Also with black out of the void century, I have a feeling Imu is going to turn out to have been the "Pirate King" of 800 years ago who took over the world from what turns out to be a not nearly as evil ancient civilization as has been made out.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
There’s definitely going to be some crazy twist involving the Tenryuubito that’s going to make the reader second guess all the completely justified hate everyone has for them. Maybe not the current ones but the ones from 800 years ago. The whole God Valley incident has me basically convinced of it.

Unless what Rocks had in mind was somehow even worse than having the Tenryuubito as defacto overlords. Garp and Roger teaming up to protect them and their slaves? There is so much to dissect and theorycraft until Oda gives it to us

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

It's nice that Dr. Wily's Castle finally makes an appearance in One Piece.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Lucci definitely doesn't believe in poo poo , he's just a sociopath who likes having a license to kill.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Kild posted:

https://bato.to/chapter/1434477

slightly better fan tl

Extremely wild speculation: Kaidou's referring to Momo as his son.

i don't think that's true, but my guess has always been artificial devil fruits only create animals currently because you need the DNA of a real animal to turn into a fruit somehow. so if vegapunk somehow got kaidou's son and turned his corpse into a fruit or something, that'd explain why momo is a dragon and even why kaidou is so suicidal -- he lost his only son until now.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

oddium posted:

someone's going to be from the moon at some point
Enel does a leg drop from the moon onto the Elder Stars.

Ryaomon posted:

Lucci definitely doesn't believe in poo poo , he's just a sociopath who likes having a license to kill.

I've always taken him as being both; he's a guy who loves to murder but he's also lockstep in loyalty to the regime that made him. Basically, an SS commander.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Enies Lobby is still probably my favorite manga arc I've ever read, the only part that's kinda slow is the initial march to the tower, and I just remembered that they loving ramp the sea train over the drawbridge and holy gently caress I'm totally gonna reread One Piece you guys

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:
Sogeking shooting down the WG flag/Robin's "I want to live" remains my favorite scene in One Piece.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

A Bug posted:

Sogeking shooting down the WG flag/Robin's "I want to live" remains my favorite scene in One Piece.

Looking forward to Sogeking returning to join the crew properly.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

What's a Sogeking to a GOD?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Happy Easter, the new chapter is officially out!

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1006376

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Not translating Akayaza in this age of translations is really strange. It was weird at first for me to see Shichibukai and Yonko translated all the time, but I saw the logic behind it and got used to it. But now that they are leaving this title alone and it's bugging me.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

the political jokes write themselves

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Not translating Akayaza in this age of translations is really strange. It was weird at first for me to see Shichibukai and Yonko translated all the time, but I saw the logic behind it and got used to it. But now that they are leaving this title alone and it's bugging me.

it's wano

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Can’t wait for all the fights and crazy unexpected twists

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I love that even though Law realizes that including the Strawhats and Kidd in their plans is pointless, everyone still bulldozes over his objections to them using his ship and he ends up getting roped into the overall scheme.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

THE BIGGEST AND BEST PARTY YET

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Dr Subterfuge posted:

I think they're making exceptions for Wano (the flying six are untranslated too) because it's not-japan

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Waffleman_ posted:

THE BIGGEST AND BEST PARTY YET

Kaido's biggest crime is delaying the biggest, bestest party yet. What a monster.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Im glad Brooke is in his pre timeskip look again.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Sub Harrison posted:

Im glad Brooke is in his pre timeskip look again.

Wish I could say the same about Robin.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So it gonna turn we've seen the Tobi Roppo/Flying Six already, right? That's why it's only showing their legs?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

x drake and page one are in the flying six so yes kind of

drake

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

where the gently caress is Apoo Oda

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

In Abutt

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Shipcaptain Luffy just logged in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I like Denjiro/Kyoshiro being a big earnest dork.