Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

I wonder if we'll get the new update this week? It's supposed to come with an Earth Day Event which is next week on the 22nd. What do you even do on Earth Day?

It will probably involve Lief, I wouldn't be surprised if it's some flower related stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Turnips here are 98 and I can create a dodo code if any of yall want

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.

Circle Nine posted:

Turnips are being sold for 92.

L2LGS

Now she's on the beach just right of the airport. Still. Open for another 50 minutes.

Thanks for the gifts to those who left then.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I wonder if we'll get the new update this week? It's supposed to come with an Earth Day Event which is next week on the 22nd. What do you even do on Earth Day?

collect the earth eggs

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I crafted everything I'm fairly sure for this bunny demon, thought I got something cool? He gave me a dumb basket

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Fawf posted:

Just an FYI for the future, if there's a bird perched on the board it means there's an unread message

oh. I’m glad the game let me know about that.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

And More posted:

And you have to use the zipper punching doll to make it. Not worth it, imo. That's, like, the one good piece of furniture in the entire set.

You can just make two of the wobbling toy.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Missed the discussion, but just want to say that Drivin' is the new hotness now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVNUReLd51c

i know what i'm getting next

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I'm so pissed, I made the assumption that the reward would just be a gift of some kind and I sold off all my excess eggs yesterday in anticipation of needing bells for turnips today.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

RCarr posted:

I’m in the same boat. Can you get around this by time traveling? I’m usually against that but in this case I would be willing to do it just to save myself 2 weeks of pointless waiting.

Yes but I'm not going to do it. The game is a grind, but it's a no-pressure, relaxing kind of grind that's so rare. I'd be too stressed if I could time travel to get whatever I want. Tomorrow morning the shop will have moved and a bridge will have been demolished (it's a diagonal bridge that won't line up with a path). Then I can reshape the river, set up a new bridge, start a house move, and set up the plots for the houses. In addition to all the regular maintenance stuff, that's plenty to do.

I guess it's mostly annoying that you can't experiment with how things will look. If I decide houses need to be one step further apart, that's like weeks worth of work because I can't just shift the house, I need to move them to far away to clear the area (one day) and move them back (another day).

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

So, since a lot of people are getting more into terraforming just some friendly tips so you don't make the same mistakes I have.

1. The cliff tool can't be used to fill in gaps below you. So if you demolish an incline, and terraform up around it while waiting you're going to have to dig back to it to fill in where it was.

2. Always check which villagers you've moved and which you haven't if you aren't 100% sure. 50k and a day wasted otherwise.....

3. I like using a path type that I don't want to keep as a way of marking out plots that need to be worked on.

4. No, you can't build caves, and 3 story high cliffs need a buffer of 1 two story level.

5. Paths can go directly up to (and partially under) bridges and houses to get a nicer look. The same is not true for inclines or shops (at least not nook's cranny).

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Man, I hate the multiplayer so much. I got turnips for 92, so my girlfriend comes to my island to buy. We're both jsut in the couch, slowly doing stuff in the island, I end up getting enough eggs for the final bunny things. Her console goes idle so it kicks her out and reverts it to before she even got in the island. Forty minutes lost, she's got no turnips now.

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.

MorningMoon posted:

Man, I hate the multiplayer so much. I got turnips for 92, so my girlfriend comes to my island to buy. We're both jsut in the couch, slowly doing stuff in the island, I end up getting enough eggs for the final bunny things. Her console goes idle so it kicks her out and reverts it to before she even got in the island. Forty minutes lost, she's got no turnips now.

I'm still open for half an hour at 92.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

jivjov posted:

I'm so pissed, I made the assumption that the reward would just be a gift of some kind and I sold off all my excess eggs yesterday in anticipation of needing bells for turnips today.

Not sure if you're able to pick them up, but I dropped a bunch of extra eggs onto the ground.

6J682

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Do you need a terribly garish rainbow CATERPILLAR COSTUME for the Bunny Day festivities today? Of course you do!

I have almost all the Bunny Day Recipes sitting out on benches on the beach (to the left of the airport), so please take them and learn them all if you haven't already! I also have a couple other on-request DIY's in my house's upstairs.

Turnips are being sold for 96 apiece, so don't bother there.

Timmy and Tommy are selling yellow pop-up toasters, blue metronomes, 1x towel rack, 1x rebel gnome (sharing it as a for-touching leaf instead now), cherries, R/Y hyacinth seeds, and W/Y mum and tulip seeds.

Come save me from the balloon onslaught by joining!

Dodo: 6TVDX - Closed, thanks!

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Apr 12, 2020

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

When people talk about going to an island and touching stuff, what is that? Literally going up and pressing A so your character touches it? And then you can order whatever it is from the catalogue?

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

You have to pick it up and put it back down so it can be able to be ordered from the kiosk.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Turnips 91 plus some rad stuff in the shop (flight attendant and steampunk outfits, construction helmets). I'll mostly be AFK but will leave the gates open for another 90 minutes until noon if anyone wants to stop by, Dodo code BKSYX

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Sanford posted:

When people talk about going to an island and touching stuff, what is that? Literally going up and pressing A so your character touches it? And then you can order whatever it is from the catalogue?

If you hold a leaf item (even for a second) you put its entry in your nook catalog, and then (so long as it's not a crafted item) you can order your own via your Nook terminal.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
I let my initial horror stop me from inviting Coco to my island and I am filled with regret

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

ChikoDemono posted:

Not sure if you're able to pick them up, but I dropped a bunch of extra eggs onto the ground.

6J682

Oh I managed to scrounge up everything I needed. But thanks!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Reek posted:

I let my initial horror stop me from inviting Coco to my island and I am filled with regret

this is the saddest post i've read in this thread

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
quote is not edit - rebel gnome is being shared as a catalog-able leaf item now

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

MorningMoon posted:

Probably should just be in and out any time you do turnip stuff, but yeah, it's real dumb they didn't really plan around the fact that the switch is (often) a handheld system and could be easily prone to stuff like losing connection, going to sleep etc. The only time you get saves in MP is when someone joins or leaves.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

bushisms.txt posted:

Grow trees and smoke weed

:hmmyes:

I got the money floor yesterday and it's literally :homebrew:

Awesome.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Reek posted:

You missed out. I don't have her either, but Japanese clay doll bunny would've been cool.

I got Zucker/Takoya though whose house interior is literally festival stands.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Are buildings always sitting on grass? Like if I paved an area with stone path, then moved a house or shop onto it, would the stone be under it or would it look like it's ok grass?

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

ChikoDemono posted:

6J682 closed

Turnips are 91 bells. 364,000 if you want a full bag. Last seen on the Eastern side, close to the houses. Southern Hempisphere with as much apples as you want. Open for the next 3 hours (or until my internet craps out).

Still open for another hour and a half. Daisy is in the northeast. There's a bridge in the north to reach her.

Closed. Thanks for visiting and the gifts.

ChikoDemono fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Apr 12, 2020

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

LifeLynx posted:

Are buildings always sitting on grass? Like if I paved an area with stone path, then moved a house or shop onto it, would the stone be under it or would it look like it's ok grass?

they always sit on the "real" surface you place them on and will erase any paths underneath them.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

Turnips 91 plus some rad stuff in the shop (flight attendant and steampunk outfits, construction helmets). I'll mostly be AFK but will leave the gates open for another 90 minutes until noon if anyone wants to stop by, Dodo code BKSYX

Got another 20 minutes of open turnip time here before I shut down, thanks folks for visiting and reminding us of the reason for the season (Zippy's return, as foretold in prophecy)

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Is there a decent place where you can find out how to turn a bit of actual music into your town tune? It's probably impossible, on further thought, but I kinda want something that sounds like Clair Dé Lune.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

For some reason my hourly music seems bugged - occasionally the hour will strike and the music won’t change. It seems to happen if I go inside during the bell tolling. Even a save and restart doesn’t fix it. Weird.

Carotid
Dec 18, 2008

We're all doing it
Bunny Day! Finally, one more day and then we never have to see eggs ever again!

Let's celebrate with friends as Zippy looms in the background!

Ankha was sitting by herself during the festivities, so I tried chatting her up a bit . . .

. . . it did not go well and she left the bench shortly after.

Yay Bunny Day!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Missed the discussion, but just want to say that Drivin' is the new hotness now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVNUReLd51c

loving pro-click right here

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I was secretly hoping Ankha would be the lone grumpy exception and refuse to wear the egg suit :(

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

None of them seemed to know about eggs - they were just the stuff of rumour.

How did they craft those outfits.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

stev posted:

None of them seemed to know about eggs - they were just the stuff of rumour.

How did they craft those outfits.

You’re the only one who can see the egg outfits. Zippy has cursed you.

Walks
Sep 11, 2006

:dukedog:
I made a thing. Many revisions trying to get something looking good with the weird way the game smooths things out.

Don't have too much yet, but its been fun trying to make stuff.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

Has anyone gotten anything actually significant from the rabbit for all this egg stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Apparently there's rain and snow remixes for hourly music, but I haven't seen rain since the first week. (A friend pointed out that's probably because of Cherry Blossoms)

shadowvine118 posted:

Has anyone gotten anything actually significant from the rabbit for all this egg stuff?

The stuff that opens up today is:
Arch DIY (given to you)
Zipper Bobble Toy DIY (Craft everything else minus clothes)
Egg Wand DIY (Craft Bobble toy)
Bunny Day Basket (give Zipper one of each egg) - you can keep giving him more for more baskets.

as well as the ability to exchange 3 eggs for 1 egg of another type?