Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Grand Fromage posted:

I would not at all call it fringe, literally everyone I ever talked to about it in China, Korea, or Japan believed that Jewish people are good at business and secretly run the world. It is different though because there's no malice. East Asia accepted the conspiracy theories but instead of taking the next step to "therefore, they must be eliminated" they went "therefore, they must have secrets and we should learn to be like them". That's how you get all those books about studying like a Jew or the cram schools to do the same thing, and the Wenzhou "We are the Jews of Asia" poo poo.

my dad celebrates passover down to the dinner w/ "what makes this different from all other days" and the citron w the thingy hanging on the end

my generation book claims we have been in korea for the last half millenium at least

i mean, for like 6 years my best friend was jewish but i think my dad didnt get the memo about most urban jews not practicing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
poo poo, the citron is for sukkot, which he also does

prostestant jewish confucian and likes to eat matzo for no reason

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

lol

It is super interesting how wildly different interpretations of the same things get when you come into it with different cultural baggage.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

donquixotic posted:

I had chicken cartilage yakitori in Japan. More interesting for the texture than for the taste. Worth trying for the experience. Of course calling or something other than gristle made it more palatable. It was called nankotsu
Quite popular in China too. I like it but it takes a while to get used to the texture.

quote:

I would not at all call it fringe, literally everyone I ever talked to about it in China, Korea, or Japan believed that Jewish people are good at business and secretly run the world. It is different though because there's no malice. East Asia accepted the conspiracy theories but instead of taking the next step to "therefore, they must be eliminated" they went "therefore, they must have secrets and we should learn to be like them". That's how you get all those books about studying like a Jew or the cram schools to do the same thing, and the Wenzhou "We are the Jews of Asia" poo poo.

You're probably right. It's just that my experience is that the majority of people have either barely heard of jews or don't buy in to the conspiracy theories . But thinking about it I guess mostly knowing highly educated chinese people in Sweden or hillbilles in rural Guizhou doesn't give me a representative sample.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Hedenius posted:

Quite popular in China too. I like it but it takes a while to get used to the texture.

If I routinely gnaw on chicken wings until they're nothing but dry bone, is this something I would enjoy?

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

TheAardvark posted:

If I routinely gnaw on chicken wings until they're nothing but dry bone, is this something I would enjoy?
Very much so.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Collard beans

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Is this the vegan equivalent of boosting protein intake by letting your food get infested with maggots.

Or is that a chicken meatball instead of matzo.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

SlothfulCobra posted:

Is this the vegan equivalent of boosting protein intake by letting your food get infested with maggots.

Or is that a chicken meatball instead of matzo.

Wait...so what is the vegans' stance on eating bugs?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

LifeSunDeath posted:

It's one of those "Depends on which vegan you talk to" things. Some people are cool with it, others say it's animal and therefore verboten.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

LifeSunDeath posted:

Entirely arbitrary.

There's some of them that say honey is fine, and I guess it's for the best if most of them ignore bees, since a lot of fruits and vegetables that we eat relies on the labor of bees as a domesticated animal, from hives being shipped around the country, which seems contrary to core conceit of veganism.

If you're talking just vegetarianism, there's people who would argue that honey is full of little particles of bee corpses just like how figs are full of dead wasps.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Some bees always get killed when you harvest honey, no matter how careful you try to be.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

SlothfulCobra posted:

Entirely arbitrary.

There's some of them that say honey is fine, and I guess it's for the best if most of them ignore bees, since a lot of fruits and vegetables that we eat relies on the labor of bees as a domesticated animal, from hives being shipped around the country, which seems contrary to core conceit of veganism.

If you're talking just vegetarianism, there's people who would argue that honey is full of little particles of bee corpses just like how figs are full of dead wasps.

Eating dead bees is fine and good. Disturbing bees when unnecessary is bad.

I can't eat Skyline, and chili is best made with chillies, beans, and everything else is optional, so this has that and cocoa powder. Also we don't have spaghetti so that's riced cauliflower. The cheese was the important part, anyway.

E: bok choy for scale

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The Joy of MGTOW Cooking: Pancakes and Hot Dogs Edition

quote:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

:same:

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/krisv_723/status/1247973977034719235

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFeto1Ln2hU

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

SlothfulCobra posted:

figs are full of dead wasps.
Not most commercial cultivars.
Though the ones we grow fill with bugs pretty quick so you're gonna eat something.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

lol wow

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Happy Yeaster to those whose dough has risen.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G6wRcHUnkI

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I posted that on Thursday but it was at the bottom of the page, so

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

I posted that on Thursday but it was at the bottom of the page, so
Sorry. I sometimes just scroll past videos if I can't be bothered turning the sound on, so that's probably why I missed it.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Understandable, a lot of videos aren’t even embedded but just posted as links

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Salmonella exists on the surface of the egg which is why they're washed

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

The salmonella, if it is there, is almost always on the egg shell itself. If you wash them and avoid the yolks touching the shell's outside, you should be fine.

Nope salmonella can infect and grow in the inside of the egg before the shell forms.

WITCHCRAFT posted:

I've had.... many hundreds? of protein shakes with a raw (American) egg in them and never gotten sick. Before I picked up this disgusting habit, I did some research and this is from very foggy memory but eggs cleaned USDA style have somewhere in the neighborhood of 1:50,000 chance of salmonella in the yolk itself?

It might sound AFP to drink a raw egg, but if you whisk/blend it enough the egg just gives a nice creamy body to your drink. My standard recipe is 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder, 1 egg, 1 banana, 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules, equal parts whole milk and ice to fill drinking vessel. Blend. Add some peanut butter powder or flax seed powder if you feel like it. It is thoroughly satisfying and filling. Especially if you are going low-carb and haven't had dessert since last weekend.

Those liqueur coffees with a yolk in them sound amazing. Gonna have to look for some Licor 43 next time I go to the booze store.

It's actually common to get salmonellosis and not get symptoms. Just because you personally did not get sick doesn't mean there's no risk.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Ebola Roulette posted:

Nope salmonella can infect and grow in the inside of the egg before the shell forms.

It's actually common to get salmonellosis and not get symptoms. Just because you personally did not get sick doesn't mean there's no risk.

You're name is not Salmonella Roulette. Mind your own business.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Ebola Roulette posted:

I've eaten raw egg bunch times when I was younger, usually cracked into a beer. Didn't get sick, from the egg anyway, that I could tell, but there was risk.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

i don't care at this point. i'll eat them both (with marinara)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Not really AFP, but drat, I want one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foZ-qN1or9U

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkeBiUoepNA

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
My partner just saw a facebook post and discussion where the people made baquette mini chicken mango panninis. The horrid part was where they revealed that they threw the mango and chicken in the food processor and homogenized it then spread it on the bread :stonk:

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

doverhog posted:

I've eaten raw egg bunch times when I was younger, usually cracked into a beer. Didn't get sick, from the egg anyway, that I could tell, but there was risk.

That sounds absolutely revolting. Beer + raw egg = :barf:

Raptor1033 posted:

My partner just saw a facebook post and discussion where the people made baquette mini chicken mango panninis. The horrid part was where they revealed that they threw the mango and chicken in the food processor and homogenized it then spread it on the bread :stonk:

Please tell me they cooked the chicken. Right??? :ohdear:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Unfortunately the BBQ Boys are chuds. They made soyboy jokes in one video I recall watching...and were entirely serious.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

dog nougat posted:

Please tell me they cooked the chicken. Right??? :ohdear:

Also, before or after pureeing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Raptor1033 posted:

Mango and chicken is an excellent combo but not like this. Not like this :negative: