Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Roosevelt posted:

i want to know if these are good

this has been my stay at home junk food. it's pretty tasty

mmmm tasty palm oil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lancemantis posted:

I'm thinking we're just going to end up with another annual flu shot but its corona shot

so the reason influenza is unique in this fashion is that it's surface proteins tolerate mutation very well, which is what our antibodies identify. this is unique to influenza. if corona virus mutates, which it will, it's much less likely that it's the surface proteins that will do so, meaning a vaccine will continue to provide protection

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Roosevelt posted:

i want to know if these are good

this has been my stay at home junk food. it's pretty tasty

these are surprisingly good. well.. sufficient at least.

I make them like a soup tho it's too much for me to have often if you drain the water

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I got a box in the post today I'm looking forward to trying for a quick meal:

the curry, black bean sauce [jjajang] and mala flavors are good, the original is ok, the 2x one you got is basically comedy hot and has no other flavor besides burning, imo. the cheese and carbonara are weird

e: if you’re tired of instant ramen as soup you can cook them in a frying pan with like half to 3/4 cup of water, just add oil once the water is mostly gone and stir fry a bit

qirex fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Apr 10, 2020

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Spain is allegedly had about 15% of the population infected, although most other european countries were at like 3% of the population a week or so ago. More sero-prevelance studies of the US will hopefully come out soon.

I know it has to hit like 80% or something to stop, but presumably it starts to slow down as the people most susceptible to infection (biologically and behaviorally) contract it.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
watched contagion instead of doing work

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
getting to do lots of cooking is the saviour of this situation, I made a kg of lasagne and I’ve got goat in the freezer to make some curry goat tonight. I think I’m going to do some reading though old cook books and see what is makeable at the moment. a lot of ingredients can be delivered but we are still able to go out for weekly shopping runs. I miss proper sushi a lot though.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

getting to do lots of cooking is the saviour of this situation, I made a kg of lasagne and I’ve got goat in the freezer to make some curry goat tonight. I think I’m going to do some reading though old cook books and see what is makeable at the moment. a lot of ingredients can be delivered but we are still able to go out for weekly shopping runs. I miss proper sushi a lot though.

eating this right now

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I've been eating steamed cabbage and rice for 4 days.

feeling gassy.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Methanar posted:

I've been eating steamed cabbage and rice for 4 days.

feeling gassy.

username / post combo

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

NoneMoreNegative posted:

username / post combo

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

NoneMoreNegative posted:

username / post combo

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

username / post combo

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

NoneMoreNegative posted:

username / post combo
:gas: :gas: :gas:

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

NoneMoreNegative posted:

username / post combo

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

NoneMoreNegative posted:

one thing I do miss about the office is the canteen for decent, cheap hot food at lunch every day, having the extra effort of cooking in my half-hour lunchtime is getting me eating a lot of sandwiches etc.

I got a box in the post today I'm looking forward to trying for a quick meal:

these are absolutely loving incredible if you go for the “i hate myself today and my rear end in a top hat tomorrow” end of the hot sauce bar

but seriously. have something on hand to ease the burn. i love ramen and i love spicy and i still could never eat these back to back days

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

mod saas posted:

these are absolutely loving incredible if you go for the “i hate myself today and my rear end in a top hat tomorrow” end of the hot sauce bar

but seriously. have something on hand to ease the burn. i love ramen and i love spicy and i still could never eat these back to back days

i like them

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
When people talk about "stomach-feel" or how they "taste spicy food later" they're just role-playing weird aliens right?

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
smdh if you aren’t eating food so spicy you spend the next day upside down* in the bath trying to funnel cold water up ur butt

* ”tubgirl position”

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

ShadowHawk posted:

When people talk about "stomach-feel" or how they "taste spicy food later" they're just role-playing weird aliens right?
i don’t believe you that people ever say “stomach-feel”

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I had a weird persistent lower stomach warmth the next 12hrs-ish after eating those noodles that I've never had before, but they didn't enflame my rear end in a top hat on the way out; yes they were spicy but not like where you see a youtube of someone eating a shitfuck pepper and they are sweating and seeing through time, eyes looking like they got the backdraft of a Mace blast.

mystes
May 31, 2006

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I had a weird persistent lower stomach warmth the next 12hrs-ish after eating those noodles that I've never had before, but they didn't enflame my rear end in a top hat on the way out; yes they were spicy but not like where you see a youtube of someone eating a shitfuck pepper and they are sweating and seeing through time, eyes looking like they got the backdraft of a Mace blast.
I'm pretty sure those are actually the symptoms of coronavirus.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

NoneMoreNegative posted:

If you eat hot enough you can piss hot which I have experienced only twice.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Salt Fish posted:

If you eat hot enough you can piss hot which I have experienced only twice.

pretty sure my weed consumption is what makes me piss hot

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Cut my own hair finally; feels good man

I think I’ll just undercut it next time; feel a bit zangief right now

My wife still wants me to go to a barber but meh

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i don’t believe you that people ever say “stomach-feel”
It might have just been that weird guy I knew

But, like, seriously, normal humans don't "feel foods in their stomach" right? Unless there's something seriously wrong like indigestion or "bloating", I have no idea what that guy was talking about.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

yeah I've no idea either. unless it's a euphemism for belly-warmth that nmn describes or the ol' spicy butthole, I've no idea wtf

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
if you're really hungry (like you've been playing videogames for 30 hours straight and forgot to eat) then you can definitely feel the sensation of having food in your stomach.

not sure it'd be different between different foods

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

ShadowHawk posted:

It might have just been that weird guy I knew

But, like, seriously, normal humans don't "feel foods in their stomach" right? Unless there's something seriously wrong like indigestion or "bloating", I have no idea what that guy was talking about.

Eat one of those novelty peppers on an empty stomach and report back.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
those are bananas you ding dong

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
wait you mean being full?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
when I’ve had noodles like that that are so spicy you have to aggressively breathe through each mouthful and and you can’t stop eating for fear of feeling the pain

then yes sometimes I feel in my stomach that something bad happened.

is that stomach feel

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

President Beep posted:

those are bananas you ding dong

lol

Salt Fish posted:

Eat one of those novelty peppers on an empty stomach and report back.

coat it in wax so you can it in ya without feeling t in your mouth

once I read about spicy water on the internet i didn’t know what it was, not realising it’s meant to be some kind of ok racism where you give white people poo poo about sofa water being spicy water because they grew up without fuckloads of spices regardless I didn’t know this so I added chili sauce to soda water to make my own spicy water. it’s ok except it’s more your throat you burn rather than your mouth. but just meditate and use the pain as a meditation object to somehow escape the sting of pain

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

I've definitely eaten some things where I've felt like I swallowed a brick afterwards as it sits in my stomach. Maybe that is stomach feel

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I kind of wish I had a 3d printer now; really I just wish I had all the free time people seem to be whining about :smith:

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

echinopsis posted:

so the reason influenza is unique in this fashion is that it's surface proteins tolerate mutation very well, which is what our antibodies identify. this is unique to influenza. if corona virus mutates, which it will, it's much less likely that it's the surface proteins that will do so, meaning a vaccine will continue to provide protection

but did u work from home for this

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Everyone is complaining about being bored and I'm just here trying to stage a coup of the hawaii democratic party

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

lots of bored people out there right now