Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

That dude looks so much like Sheldon Adelson I was getting excited, then I realized the "boiling toad" look is so common among that class

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
https://twitter.com/steak_umm/status/1248440942924890112

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

FizFashizzle posted:

Corona Cash is the obvious name for them and any time they're not referred to by this is a clear failure on your part.

Whoever owns Corona beer must be ready to kill themselves. They're just praying for the next Fast and Furious movie to come out soon.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
Can I just break in here for a second and note that none of you said:

1. Take a dump sitting on the can.
2. Immediately get in the shower after.

Like you all defaulted to some sort of making GBS threads in the hand or directly in the shower, by way of your hand.

I wonder sometimes how some of yous were raised.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

1glitch0 posted:

Whoever owns Corona beer must be ready to kill themselves. They're just praying for the next Fast and Furious movie to come out soon.

The second wave will be known as Corona Extra

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Glad that dude is dead

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

FilthyImp posted:

Richard Rodriguez has a bit in Hunger of Memory that laments the switch to layman mass because he missed the musicality and transcendancy* of the latinate mass.

* missed feeling smug and superior about it

There are a few hardliners that think you miss something from the original meaning/ritual if it's translated though.

My family dabbled in catholic churches for a little bit when I was a kid and while it was boring and weird, I would have absolutely refused to go if we had to memorize latin prayers.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Rot in hell you gently caress.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Angry_Ed posted:

The second wave will be known as Corona Extra

I've been amazed at how quickly marketing has changed during this time. All companies love you and are thinking of you.

I can't wait until this is over and Corona starts their new ad campaign "It's time to come back" with their thing on the people on the beach drinking Corona. Or maybe they're just dead as a company.

Also, I'm surprised Trump's fat old friend actually existed.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

When am I getting my trumpbux? It’s my money and I want it now!

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
^ Try JP Morgan.....ask for the fat viking

TyroneGoldstein posted:

Can I just break in here for a second and note that none of you said:

1. Take a dump sitting on the can.
2. Immediately get in the shower after.

Like you all defaulted to some sort of making GBS threads in the hand or directly in the shower, by way of your hand.

I wonder sometimes how some of yous were raised.

Counterpoint, jump in shower, sit on open drain, poo poo down drain, stand up to clean off

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Just get a loving bidet you barbarians

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Sad to see Trumps buddy die of a hoax

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
While I'm a big fan of bidets I'm going to probate you assholes if showerpoop chat continues.

In large part because that is a sentence I just had to write.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

1glitch0 posted:

I can't wait until this is over and Corona starts their new ad campaign "It's time to come back" with their thing on the people on the beach drinking Corona. Or maybe they're just dead as a company.

Wouldn't be the first brand to die in a pandemic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXuM6nzoQRc

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Everyone knows bidets are for drinking

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1249487587011592192

God she loving rules.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
She's right. It's one of his top movies.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Gatts posted:

She's right. It's one of his top movies.

It's his best movie. She got the right answer.

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing
Turns out Corona, Pacifico and Modelo are all actually the same company so they can just shift emphasis perhaps.

I did see an ad for a new Corona product the other night, a hard seltzer I think. Probably about the worst timing ever.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Whoolighams posted:

Isn't it nice to have good pay and representation for a decent job? I didn't know what to make of it.

I have a fair amount of chuds at our station. Old slow fucks that do nothing but complain about the union they don't pay into that gives them a decent setup, hands them grievance settlements, and without they'd be dropped on their rear end. As late as last week one was making a big show of hugging another in the morning and some dipshit tried pulling out the "just the flu" earlier this week. It'd be nice if they had to deal with the fallout of the politics they support but the decent people were spared.

Not yet because I'm working six days a week to get twenty-five hours per week. I've worked for so many scumbags in my life that I'm waiting for the hammer to fall and for them to throw me out on my rear end because I can't scan 1,300 packages by myself in two hours.

I'm also in central Wyoming, so it's a lineup of chuds that goes all the way to Saturn.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Killer robot posted:

Wouldn't be the first brand to die in a pandemic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXuM6nzoQRc

Thank you for this.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

1glitch0 posted:

My family dabbled in catholic churches for a little bit when I was a kid and while it was boring and weird, I would have absolutely refused to go if we had to memorize latin prayers.

You weren't supposed to memorize them. The priest recited the mass at you. You just said the right words at the right time.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Cafe Barbarian posted:

Turns out Corona, Pacifico and Modelo are all actually the same company so they can just shift emphasis perhaps.

I did see an ad for a new Corona product the other night, a hard seltzer I think. Probably about the worst timing ever.

If Negra Modelo becomes the default Mexican beer in American bars I'll count that part as a win.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Woke Steak-umm is the best part of the hallucination my brain is using to distract me from the fact that in reality, it's 2015 and I'm bleeding out on the side of I-90 near Rochester in my flipped Hyundai.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

I work for FedEx too and this person is dumb and wrong, there's much cheaper ways to deliver to remote rural residences. Since they're from Pittsburgh they're only thinking about FedEx Ground options, and even then it's not accurate.

But saving USPS is right, so it evens out.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
E: saw gjb's post

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

I work for FedEx too and this person is dumb and wrong, there's much cheaper ways to deliver to remote rural residences. Since they're from Pittsburgh they're only thinking about FedEx Ground options, and even then it's not accurate.

But saving USPS is right, so it evens out.

yeah like they could hire a horseman to hand deliver it for a simple hourly fee and hay per diem or I guess charter a helicopter. There's tons of ways to get packages where you need them without a mail system.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Apr 13, 2020

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

the guy tweeting this a total jagoff, but still, the democrats are absolute loving garbage:

https://twitter.com/amuse/status/1249383235118923776

why would ALL of them vote for a bill like this? :psyduck:

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Mr Interweb posted:

the guy tweeting this a total jagoff, but still, the democrats are absolute loving garbage:

Choking the post office to death to justify privatizing it is a neoliberal goal both parties agreed with at the time to a large degree.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

As an unapologetic fan of Nic Cage, I must extend my heartiest agreement.

She can't be president, can she? :(

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

mdemone posted:

As an unapologetic fan of Nic Cage, I must extend my heartiest agreement.

She can't be president, can she? :(

She can't, not without an amendment or constitutional convention changing the requirements. But you can help her out by supporting Biden's presidential run! That's the closest we can do for now.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

One of his best and a movie that deliberately excoriates U.S. involvement in hegemonic violence that only serves to bolster our false sense of comfort and worsen the lives of people throughout the Global South.

Yeah, checks out that she'd like that one.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Mr Interweb posted:

https://twitter.com/RezIndianFDL/status/1249478373774110721

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Wow it's almost like jumping to conclusions based on a tweet is a bad idea or something and yet some people here keep doing it.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

we don't have a vote breakdown of the final bill so we don't know how many votes actually changed

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Yeah, a reactor crew getting wiped out is basically knocks out the carrier. It's almost dead in the water at that point and Croizer knew it.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Ahem. Raising Arizona is Nic Cage's best movie, followed by Mandy, then Bad lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans. Lord Of War is top 5 though. I'm rewatching Drive Angry next weekend with a bunch of friends. I will see if I will allow it to crack the top or not.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1249506799532867585
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1249519742093864961

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The best Nicolas Cage movie is clearly Into the Spiderverse