Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Gripweed posted:

Thanks but I don't want to my island to rely on charity. I want the locals to develop their own infrastructure.

Also I don't have Nintendo online

Have you seen their bug- and fish-catching skills? You're gonna be raking in more cash in ten minutes than those sorry assholes make in years. Be big about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Captain Hygiene posted:

Have you seen their bug- and fish-catching skills? You're gonna be raking in more cash in ten minutes than those sorry assholes make in years. Be big about it.

Yeah, and if you let me in you get a free "DOG FART" hat.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

LastGoodBoy posted:

Yeah, and if you let me in you get a free "DOG FART" hat.

That's gotta be worth the :20bux: alone!

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Anyone got good turnip prices? I convinced my wife to spend over 100,000 bells and she’s worried I’ve gambled all her money away.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

I'm still on Sunday, so not me.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Level Seven posted:

Yeah, that sharp cliff corner above angled low ground is bugging me too.

It dawns on me that you can't actually do anything about that in that situation.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
Is there any way for multiple players profiles on a switch to use the same nintendo online account? My GF wants to visit her friend's island but doesn't want to do it as my peasant rear end tent living villager

Hylianbunny
Dec 31, 2007

TG: oh ok time travels involved
TG: thats all you needed to say everythings cool and under control then

dodgeblan posted:

Is there any way for multiple players profiles on a switch to use the same nintendo online account? My GF wants to visit her friend's island but doesn't want to do it as my peasant rear end tent living villager

With a Family NSO account you can designate profiles on the same switch to all have access to online.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i'm doing this as well but with skeletons

I've got a decent amount of skeletons too; I leave one behind as an ambassador whenever I visit someone. I'm thinking of using the paper tigers as a gifts for anyone who visits me, maybe make some kind of pet adoption center for them.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Ok now that my animal residents are starting to talk to each other I’m really getting into this.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Hippeux is such a dick and I’m here for it!!!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

love the way the fake rabbit only puts on his little dance when you’re watching

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Listen kid. WHaddya want’??

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Will bugs spawn in the rain? I have a near perfect tarantula island, it's raining and no one is coming to my party.

TransatlanticFoe
Mar 1, 2003

Hell Gem
Has anyone made an attempt at a custom Born To Die World is a gently caress shirt? I did my best but most of the image is too big and I can't draw.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

TransatlanticFoe posted:

Has anyone made an attempt at a custom Born To Die World is a gently caress shirt? I did my best but most of the image is too big and I can't draw.

You'd never get the words on it. Anything much longer than four letters is too illegible.

TransatlanticFoe
Mar 1, 2003

Hell Gem

LastGoodBoy posted:

You'd never get the words on it. Anything much longer than four letters is too illegible.

I was trying to just do "B T D / W I A F" on the bottom but that left like twenty pixels on the top for two animal faces, plus the AA on drawings made the letters look like garbage.

Foam Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
Lurkzilla
Grimey Drawer
If anybody needs, now that I’m all straightened out, I have multiple duplicate recipes.

Bunny Day wall clock

Bunny Day bag x2

Bamboo noodle slide

Boomerang

Bunny Day crown

Basket pack

Outdoor picnic set

Bunny Day flooring

Cherry-blossom pochette x2

Honeycomb flooring

I can’t help too much with cherry blossoms, I only have 11 left, but I do have all of them and the Bunny Day recipes.

E: I also have every fruit.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Super No Vacancy posted:

love the way the fake rabbit only puts on his little dance when you’re watching

What's interesting is that he only puts on the show for you, the human villager (or visiting players). If there's other animals in the plaza with him he's still okay with relaxing. I mean wtf are these other animals in on it. How deep does this rabbit hole go??? :tinfoil:

Fangz fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Apr 13, 2020

Lt Jon Kavanaugh
Feb 8, 2012
This is possibly something that has been asked before but is there a website or app to keep track of what fish/bugs you've caught and whats currently available?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Listen kid. WHaddya want’??

holy poo poo

I figured it out

Zipper....

is loving Joe Biden :stonk:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Lt Jon Kavanaugh posted:

This is possibly something that has been asked before but is there a website or app to keep track of what fish/bugs you've caught and whats currently available?

the critterpedia in-game already keeps track of what you've caught + what you've donated to the museum

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Lt Jon Kavanaugh posted:

https://icebr.art/ is pretty good.

DorkBot3000
Nov 3, 2012

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Zipper...

I'm reading this two different ways, simultaneously and I don't like either one! :cry:

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Coq au Nandos posted:

Anyone got good turnip prices? I convinced my wife to spend over 100,000 bells and she’s worried I’ve gambled all her money away.

Lol I made 3 million bells from turnips last week, tell her I’ll be her insurance if y’all don’t find a good price. I’m laughing but I’m not kidding, I’ll really do it if you can’t get to an island with good prices.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Not even Joe Biden likes Bunny Day that much

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Lt Jon Kavanaugh posted:

I've been using an android app called "Guide for Animal Crossing New Horizons," and it's been real handy. Can mark what you've donated and it'll show you lists of what is available at the current time of day that you haven't donated yet. Also lets you input your villagers and reminds you of their birthdays.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

haha, Zipper gets pissed off if you approach him from the back

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Catalina posted:

Lol I made 3 million bells from turnips last week, tell her I’ll be her insurance if y’all don’t find a good price. I’m laughing but I’m not kidding, I’ll really do it if you can’t get to an island with good prices.

All good. I found a decent price (490) on Discord and made her 800,000+ bells.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Coq au Nandos posted:

All good. I found a decent price (490) on Discord and made her 800,000+ bells.

Awesome! Great for you guys!

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
I am going to pop a loving bottle of champagne open when these goddamn eggs go away.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Fangz posted:

What's interesting is that he only puts on the show for you, the human villager (or visiting players). If there's other animals in the plaza with him he's still okay with relaxing. I mean wtf are these other animals in on it. How deep does this rabbit hole go??? :tinfoil:

It’s like how every non-villager NPC is simultaneously in every town, except instead of there being one for every town, there’s one for every villager. You only see your own Zipper and nobody else’s.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I miss the cherry blossoms. I was walking around my neighborhood looking at all the actual cherry blossoms like "these are fine but I want the fake ones in my video game back please". They should've lasted until summer, dammit!

How is everyone else's seating/table situation? I feel like I'm stick natural garden chairs and tables all over the place because I have so few options. I wish the game were a little less stingy with DIY recipes this early on. I want variety, dammit!

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

MokBa posted:

I miss the cherry blossoms. I was walking around my neighborhood looking at all the actual cherry blossoms like "these are fine but I want the fake ones in my video game back please". They should've lasted until summer, dammit!

How is everyone else's seating/table situation? I feel like I'm stick natural garden chairs and tables all over the place because I have so few options. I wish the game were a little less stingy with DIY recipes this early on. I want variety, dammit!

I agree, both with missing the cherry blossomsand with wishing it gave out more diy. More so I wish it would stop giving me duplicates. I would say only 1 in 4 diys I get are new. The rest end up in a pile on my beach for other people to pick through. There seems to be a surprising lack of furniture like tabels and chairs so far. I mostly get decorations and clutter items.

Edit: gently caress bunny day, gently caress eggs

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Foam Monkey posted:

Honeycomb flooring

Oh, I'm specifically looking for this. Only non-Bunny Day dupe recipes I have right now are bamboo wall, green leaf pile, and barbell, if you need any of those.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

MokBa posted:

honestly the hardwood trees should be different colors for the majority of every season, just so there's an incentive to have them instead of fruit trees. I liked the contrast between the fruit trees / pink blossoms, darnit.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

holy poo poo I figured it out
Zipper....

i know what you meant but that gave me an absolutely repulsive mental image, :negative:

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Blaziken386 posted:

honestly the hardwood trees should be different colors for the majority of every season, just so there's an incentive to have them instead of fruit trees. I liked the contrast between the fruit trees / pink blossoms, darnit.

Yeah I find myself just wanting to cut down anything that doesn't bear fruit. I'm spreading the cedars around more just so I have some visual variety.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
now that I'm actually back on, thanks for the dressers/stuff/messages yall

once everything gets laid out the naysayers will see why I flattened everything on my island :colbert: it's just gonna take ages since I gotta move one building at a time, so almost none of it looks how it's gonna when it's done.

kitchen is starting to look downright reasonable, if a bit anachronistic

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Apr 13, 2020

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

wanting only fruit trees is v bizarre to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
you gotta have normal trees for the most valuable kind of farm of all: the 5 wasp+2 random furniture per day orchard