Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t-.-t
Nov 25, 2006

Oh, on that note, the final reward for crafting all Bunny Day stuff needs (spoiler in case you care about item requirements) star fragments. I haven't had a meteor shower yet, and after keeping the switch on for a few hours at night I had literally only one shooting star spawn, which I don't consider a feasible way to spawn them. Even if I was willing to do that tonight (and I'm not staying up eight hours past my bedtime in the hopes of some star fragments), the recipe presumably becomes unavailable to craft tomorrow, and star fragments only show up the next day. That's pretty lame!

I guess it feels kinda petty to complain about because I had a friend who had some extra, but if I didn't I'd be out of luck.

e: gently caress what a lame snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

seasonal recipes don't become unavailable to craft after the season is over

t-.-t
Nov 25, 2006

Brother Entropy posted:

seasonal recipes don't become unavailable to craft after the season is over

I'm in Southern Hemisphere and I can't craft the Young Spring or Sakura recipes, since it's Autumn here. So I wouldn't be surprised if Bunny Day worked the same way.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

t-.-t posted:

I'm in Southern Hemisphere and I can't craft the Young Spring or Sakura recipes, since it's Autumn here. So I wouldn't be surprised if Bunny Day worked the same way.

You can get them on Nook ticket islands, via trade, and via traveling to northern hemisphere islands.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The thing bringing Control's DLC down is that it's not loving out until June for Xbox :argh:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Retro Futurist posted:

The thing bringing Control's DLC down is that it's not loving out until June for Xbox :argh:

Whoa, hadn't heard that til now, that's a complete BS move. I don't think I've heard of an exclusivity deal for DLC stuff way after the base game's already out.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

christmas boots posted:

Season 1 was a bit rough, but I agree on season 2.

The most amazing thing at the end of Batman Season 1 was if you had Batman tell Catwoman he loves her at the end and she instantly gets weirded out and goes "what the hell Bruce" and leaves because they've known each other like a day and had a one night stand. Bruce just stands there dejected lmao

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

RBA Starblade posted:

The most amazing thing at the end of Batman Season 1 was if you had Batman tell Catwoman he loves her at the end and she instantly gets weirded out and goes "what the hell Bruce" and leaves because they've known each other like a day and had a one night stand. Bruce just stands there dejected lmao

That option is 100% a booby trap for people who like the pairing and forgot that this is a new continuity and they just met :allears:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I strongly disliked the Sexy Brutale's last act, because the twist reminded me of all those movies that came after the Sixth Sense where an interesting story is derailed by a twist that can be A: Nonsensical, B: Boring, or C: Unnecessary.

The Sexy Brutale was so unpolished. It has pretty good music, but it's drowned out by the main character's tap shoes. PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP all over everything.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
There's a peeve: obnoxiously loud footstep sounds.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Schubalts posted:

There's a peeve: obnoxiously loud footstep sounds.

This was actually something that got me to turn the volume off on more than one game before. Last time I tried playing Kingdom Hearts (Or maybe it was something else? this was a few years back but it was definitely something like that, PS2 era.) I realized there was like, a tiny metallic jangle noise every time Sora took a step, I think it was supposed to be the keyblade chain or something? And once I noticed it, I couldn't un-notice it and I couldn't stand it anymore.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Something I wish you could do in Breath of the wild is this - you can mount any quadrupedal hoofed animal from a horse to an elk. The Lynels are quadrupedal. Wanna have a Mount option to tame the Lynel and have a centaur buddy. A horse that can fight.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

JRPGs had mindbogglingly lovely sound design for decades before this gen somehow made the devs care. FF13 has loud footsteps with no random or sequential variations and the first act takes place entirely on metal floors. Your introduction to the game is listening to the same CLANG over and over, like that torture where you're tied down and water drops on your head

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The Persona series is the worst for this. Apparently Japanese youth wear dress shoes all the time.

The Moon Monster has a new favorite as of 14:27 on Apr 13, 2020

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Does Persona 5 continue the tradition of having the one vocal song act at the battle theme for the entire 60+ hour runtime? Most other RPGs don't have lyrics because otherwise you'll hear the same 30 second snippet of singing ad nauseam.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

BioEnchanted posted:

Something I wish you could do in Breath of the wild is this - you can mount any quadrupedal hoofed animal from a horse to an elk. The Lynels are quadrupedal. Wanna have a Mount option to tame the Lynel and have a centaur buddy. A horse that can fight.

You CAN, in fact, mount a lynel in BotW, but you can't ride or tame them, since that'd be sort of hosed up to do on a sapient being (they use weapons like bows)

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Finished Doom last night and a few other things annoyed me.

The BFG is not on the weapon wheel so I keep forgetting it exists until after a fight has finished.

The first shotgun kinda sucks and I have no idea why you would ever use it over the super shotty.

The weakest enemy in the game is by far the loudest and most annoying. They have such a loud growl even when there is just one of them and they’re like three hallways over.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Does Persona 5 continue the tradition of having the one vocal song act at the battle theme for the entire 60+ hour runtime? Most other RPGs don't have lyrics because otherwise you'll hear the same 30 second snippet of singing ad nauseam.

It does, but it has a lengthy instrumental intro, is fairly understated, and is a much cooler song than in 3 or 4. It runs into the opposite problem - you'll usually end up killing everything before you get to hear the really good parts.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.
I'm trying to find something to get immersed in to keep my mind off stuff, and seeing that No Man's Sky has updated again, I figured why not, give it another shot.

Loaded it up, flew to a new planet, first building I see is floating above the planet by quite a bit. I skip that one and keep flying. Next is a trade depot that looks fine, until I try to land and it puts me under the landing pad until I die.

Great, glad to see adding those mechs has fixed all those bugs.

The perfect game of little things dragging it down. I appreciate all the work they've put into it, but what a frustrating experience it always ends up being.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

The Moon Monster posted:

The Persona series is the worst for this.
Playing P5 in 5.1 is hilarious, character voices jump between the center channel and L+R all the time and AFAIR the only effect that uses the rear channels is the level up whoosh. I get that this isn't the genre to do technical showcases, but some consistency would be appreciated (or just downmix everything no matter what's the output setup)

Does Persona 5 continue the tradition of having the one vocal song act at the battle theme for the entire 60+ hour runtime?
You can get other songs as paid DLC, they're tied to outfits and have to be switched manually. Best system right now is in Persona Q2, which puts all unlocked battle songs (including DLC) on an editable playlist so you can select what you like and set it to shuffle

Ruffian Price has a new favorite as of 19:55 on Apr 13, 2020

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

moosecow333 posted:

The first shotgun kinda sucks and I have no idea why you would ever use it over the super shotty.

Sticky grenades are passable but for the most part I don't think they really expect you to use it beyond the first few levels. It's there so you can at least have a respectable shotgun as your first weapon instead of the infinite ammo pistol from Doom 2016 that most people hated.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

CJacobs posted:

BOTW starts out pretty tough from my experience. The opening plateau is kind of a microcosm of the full game basically, except you have a pitiful amount of hearts and stamina so everything is a bit harder. There's hidden armor and weapons stashed all over, and plenty of stuff to forage for cooking food to warm you up. Give that a try if you haven't already.

YggiDee posted:

Consider various ways to warm up. Maybe talk to the old man, or see what the environment has to offer you.

I am now off of the great plateau partly due to your help but let’s be honest mostly due to my own razor sharp reflexes and keen intellect

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Sticky grenades are passable but for the most part I don't think they really expect you to use it beyond the first few levels. It's there so you can at least have a respectable shotgun as your first weapon instead of the infinite ammo pistol from Doom 2016 that most people hated.

The grenades are great for blowing up weak points. One will take out a mancubus arm or arachnotron turret on whatever the default difficulty is.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

oldpainless posted:

I am now off of the great plateau partly due to your help but let’s be honest mostly due to my own razor sharp reflexes and keen intellect

More like oldgameless (unless you beeline straight for Ganon, no clothes, no upgrades)

Lt Jon Kavanaugh
Feb 8, 2012
I'm finally getting around to Wolfenstein 2 and its just so disappointing after TNO and TOB. I don't know how far through the game I am, I think possibly halfway but I just can't wait for it to be over. Was the game well received at the time?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Everyone was insanely pumped about killin natzis hell YEAH then went extremely quiet shortly after it launched

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

sebmojo posted:

Everyone was insanely pumped about killin natzis hell YEAH then went extremely quiet shortly after it launched

This is me.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Early complaints were that the game was brutally difficult even on easier settings and the feedback when you were getting shot was even worse than the first game, which was already pretty bad. I don't know if those are fixed now but man was it an annoyingly hard game for the first few missions. Also that the writing was occasionally cringy.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
For me it played extremely similar to the last game so the shine was off, and the story didn’t know if it wanted to be serious or silly, so the whole thing was a big confusing seesaw.

Lt Jon Kavanaugh
Feb 8, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Early complaints were that the game was brutally difficult even on easier settings and the feedback when you were getting shot was even worse than the first game, which was already pretty bad. I don't know if those are fixed now but man was it an annoyingly hard game for the first few missions. Also that the writing was occasionally cringy.

I'm playing on one of the middle difficulties and it feels almost as tough as the max difficulty in the older games. The hit feedback hasn't been patched at all, there's been plenty of times I've been getting shot and haven't even realised it. Was Youngblood any better? The friend who leant me this game wanted us to co op that and I've got pretty much zero interest in it after TNC

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Final Fantasy 7 Remake: There's no golden wire of hope :(

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wolfenstein TNO has some of the worst signposting on where you are supposed to go in an FPS that it feels intentional, like the devs are messing with you. Also pour one out for the playtester who had to prove the achievement for beating it on the hardest difficulty with no deaths or saves unlocked properly.

Lt Jon Kavanaugh posted:

I'm playing on one of the middle difficulties and it feels almost as tough as the max difficulty in the older games. The hit feedback hasn't been patched at all, there's been plenty of times I've been getting shot and haven't even realised it. Was Youngblood any better? The friend who leant me this game wanted us to co op that and I've got pretty much zero interest in it after TNC

Youngblood is better but its also a budget game with 3 maps and 3 dungeons to clear. It has slightly, and I mean very slightly, better hit feedback, but since enemies now have levels youll occasionally get just wrecked out of nowhere. The final boss was so difficult even in coop they had to hot patch it.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Beartaco posted:

I replayed South Park Stick of Truth earlier this year and I think it's still absolutely fantastic. I enjoyed it so much that I figured I'd give the more recent Fractured But Whole a go, even though it's from an era of South Park that I utterly despise and unsurprisingly I was proven right as soon as the character PC Principal showed up to really stick it to those leftie loonies who believe in things like "racism", but that's not a little thing dragging the game down.

The little thing that just ruins this game is the superhero nonsense. In Stick of Truth you were a bunch of kids playing make believe orcs and elves. You were a wizard fighting monsters, in that you were a kid in a bathrobe and pointy hat shooting firecrackers at rats in a sewer. It was charming as hell. In Fractured But Whole all the characters just inexplicably have superpowers and it's just so lame. They decided to make a whole game based around some of the worst episodes of that show and it's just utterly joyless.

Oh boy, I was expecting lovely political attitudes but I was not expecting literal blackface in this game.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Crowetron posted:

Final Fantasy 7 Remake: There's no golden wire of hope :(

Of all the goofy poo poo they carried over from the original, they forgo that? loving shameful.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Lt Jon Kavanaugh posted:

I'm finally getting around to Wolfenstein 2 and its just so disappointing after TNO and TOB. I don't know how far through the game I am, I think possibly halfway but I just can't wait for it to be over. Was the game well received at the time?

Machinegames gets worse and worse with each game. It’s actually quite impressive.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I stopped playing Wolfenstein 2 when I got hideously lost in the New York City level. It’s all ruins that look the same and it’s way too convoluted. I’ve only played like an hour of Youngblood, mostly after they added ray tracing as basically a tech demo.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

oldpainless posted:

Machinegames gets worse and worse with each game. It’s actually quite impressive.

It really is incredible, I loved TNO, TOB kinda went back and forth between “just okay” and “pretty good,” and TNC might just be the worst game I’ve ever played. Now I kinda want to play TNO again to see whether or not it was actually as good as I thought it was back in 2014

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Whoever decided to put daily and weekly missions and currencies in Youngblood needs firing. They could've just made a good game with ten levels and a cutscene between each one, and if you want replayability you play it again but noooo, we gotta try and get in on that sweet microtransaction cash so everyone gets to grind for resources

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Gort posted:

Whoever decided to put daily and weekly missions and currencies in Youngblood needs firing. They could've just made a good game with ten levels and a cutscene between each one, and if you want replayability you play it again but noooo, we gotta try and get in on that sweet microtransaction cash so everyone gets to grind for resources

I was watching an LP of TNC but bounced because it was boring as hell just watching the guy slowly stealth plod throughout the level and when caught immediately get killed.
Then out of curiosity I watched a video of the last level of Youngblood and it was boring as hell seeing the characters dump thousands of rounds into bullet sponges over and over while unending notifications of stat gains and ammo gains and pep gains flashed all over the screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Barudak posted:

Wolfenstein TNO has some of the worst signposting on where you are supposed to go in an FPS that it feels intentional, like the devs are messing with you. Also pour one out for the playtester who had to prove the achievement for beating it on the hardest difficulty with no deaths or saves unlocked properly.

I’m pretty sure they can just use save states like emulators. Or console commands.