Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

SquirrelyPSU posted:

They basically just have it sitting in a tank of (deep) water. I forget what the cadence of it was but its a pulse of blue light thats pretty breathtaking, quite honestly. I have to imagine its on Youtube. Will look.

e: Yeah, this is the poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hTolYJnx5E

Is it in a tank of water on carriers/subs too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Eej posted:

https://twitter.com/ABSCBNNews/status/1248966531679047680

Okay this one seems probably not good for real this time. Another article on the same thing indicates that coronavirus travels on shoes very easily and the pharmacy of the hospital which had no patients in it tested 100% for coronavirus on the floor.

Don’t lick your shoes.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is it in a tank of water on carriers/subs too

I know what I needed to know to get my pin, I never went down to the plant, nor would I probably post any details of that trip online.

e: ESWS Reactor stuff is basically understanding how the Rankine Cycle works.

Yes, this is extremely the poo poo.

I'd put this up there with skydiving about getting first-hand knowledge about physics work.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 13, 2020

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
The actual reactor on a sub is pretty drat small. It's all the other poo poo that takes up a ton of space.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The pool of water on russian subs is for swimming only

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

lmao 2020 continuing to 2020 it up, NASCAR superstar Kyle Larson will almost certainly lose everything after dropping the N-bomb on a twitch stream

https://twitter.com/VeryFakePhil/st...ingawful.com%2F

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

lmao 2020 continuing to 2020 it up, NASCAR superstar Kyle Larson will almost certainly lose everything after dropping the N-bomb on a twitch stream

When you switch to video gaming you’re gonna have heated gaming moments

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Everything is so funny all the time

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
I think it's been removed already

edit: but is it really a surprise to anyone that a nascar driver dropped the n-bomb?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

My Spirit Otter posted:

edit: but is it really a surprise to anyone that a nascar driver dropped the n-bomb?

Enjoy: https://twitter.com/DriveThrough_/status/1249513645110951942

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

The pool of water on russian subs is for swimming only

As always, XKCD has taken your snarky comment and investigated the scientific merit of it:

Linky

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

It's NASCAR so he'll probably be forgiven pretty quickly.

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

They said she cooked her own cancers for people who crossed her, rococo custom variations that took years to kill you. They said a lot of things about Chrome, none of them at all reassuring.

Casimir Radon posted:

It's NASCAR so he'll probably be forgiven pretty quickly.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

My Spirit Otter posted:

how many pro nascar drivers are there? dozens? a few hundred? i bet some of them don't even get very upset when they play videogames.

now, if he gets dropped, then i'll be surprised

e: yeah

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I think you all will be surprised how quickly this blows up, it may be good 'ol boys turning the wrenches but it's global multinational marketing droids writing the checks and there's no way *checks notes* McDonalds is going to tolerate this

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Doc Hawkins posted:

how many pro nascar drivers are there? dozens? a few hundred? i bet some of them don't even get very upset when they play videogames.

I just assume the nascar "locker room" is rife with confederate flags

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
He didn't drop it in a rage, he was trying to get another player's attention in chat.

Not that either of these is loving excusable.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Doc Hawkins posted:

If you go down to the dirt tracks there is something like 12 series. Several hundred people, not to mention crew.

e: Even when there's nothing going on, probably 5k people show up on a random dirt track Friday.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

CALM DOWN GUYS IT'S JUST GAMER SLANG

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Casimir Radon posted:

That's what they said about the r-word!

no not that one, the other one.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Godholio posted:

He didn't drop it in a rage, he was trying to get another player's attention in chat.

Not that either of these is loving excusable.

:stare:

agreed, but he certainly exceeded my glib assumptions

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Casimir Radon posted:

He was clearly just trying to get the attention of fellow racer N%**#rStomper1488, nothing racist or out of the ordinary to see here folks please move along

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

SquirrelyPSU posted:

As always, XKCD has taken your snarky comment and investigated the scientific merit of it:

Linky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrULRXlAlMU&t=29s

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Linky

quote:

We know spent fuel pools can be safe to swim in because they’re routinely serviced by human divers.

:stare:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Almost like atoms aren't really that scary

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Atoms are so not scary that i've teabagged a nuclear reactor and taken a nap cuddling a reactor coolant pipe hiding from an E-7 trying to make us clean in a radioactive area. This will have absolutely no consequences.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Tornado hit Chattanooga TN

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It won't be the only one tonight

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

It took a while but I think I can confidently place my bet on Mother Nature winning in the end.

Not sure how I’d collect though.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Gentlemen I present the spirit of 2020 given flesh

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i live in rutherford county, nc so uh

well here's hoping

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Food banks are getting massive miles long lines, while farmers dump milk and destroy green beans and tomatoes.

gently caress I love 2020.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/04/13/farmers-destroy-food-banks-lemon-ctn-vpx.cnn

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I can't drink milk anymore but this saddens me still.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

ded posted:

Food banks are getting massive miles long lines, while farmers dump milk and destroy green beans and tomatoes.

gently caress I love 2020.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/04/13/farmers-destroy-food-banks-lemon-ctn-vpx.cnn

Pretty much all human suffering from a lack of food is due to distribution issues, and has been for a long time. We've been more than capable of producing enough food to feed everyone for a long while now, but occasionally some people get in the way of that food going to people who need it because someone might benefit from those people going hungry.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Well it's not that the radiation would kill you, I think you would die of acute lead poisoning if you decided to hop in a spent fuel pool

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

M_Gargantua posted:

Atoms are so not scary that i've teabagged a nuclear reactor and taken a nap cuddling a reactor coolant pipe hiding from an E-7 trying to make us clean in a radioactive area. This will have absolutely no consequences.

You are my idol

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

They can even go in the reactor itself, but rarely.

https://nuclear.duke-energy.com/2015/11/18/career-profile-nuclear-divers

It’s the most :black101: diving there is, imo.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

You are my idol

From my understanding, there is no corner of a submarine that hasn't been teabagged extensively.

e: hopefully this isn't opsec

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Charleston SC suburbs are getting hit with an oklahoma-style monster tornado

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Pretty much all human suffering from a lack of food is due to distribution issues, and has been for a long time. We've been more than capable of producing enough food to feed everyone for a long while now, but occasionally some people get in the way of that food going to people who need it because someone might benefit from those people going hungry.

When I worked at Publix they made sure to tell us how important it is for liability reasons that we throw food out at the end of every day. We would clear out the bread aisle with enough to feed a family for a year. poo poo was depressing.