Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

I'm going to be brutally honest with everybody in this thread.

I have one hell of a soft spot for the National Treasure series, and I don't care who knows. I will never be ashamed of them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Dammerung posted:

I have one hell of a soft spot for the National Treasure series, and I don't care who knows. I will never be ashamed of them!

They're adorably dumb movies and that's alright sometimes

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

haveblue posted:

The best Nicolas Cage movie is clearly Into the Spiderverse
We don't pick the ballroom. We just dance. :tipshat:

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I don't think I've ever seen a Nicholas Cage movie in it's entirety

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Angry_Ed posted:

Wow it's almost like jumping to conclusions based on a tweet is a bad idea or something and yet some people here keep doing it.

Yeah but it is so much easier for people to read 100 characters and now know what they are supposed to think about something.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

haveblue posted:

The best Nicolas Cage movie is clearly Into the Spiderverse

Huh, upon reflection this seems correct.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/NoahShachtman/status/1249526018626461701

You've got to be loving kidding me

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Except Raising Arizona exists

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I propose:

The best Nicolas Cage movie is Raising Arizona

The best movie with Nicolas Cage in it is Enter the Spiderverse.

Mr Interweb posted:

we don't have a vote breakdown of the final bill so we don't know how many votes actually changed

I would say "few enough that they didn't bother to vote again and it passed by Unanimous Consent" is a decent metric and so the answer is still that liberals were okay with killing the post office too in 2006.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Faucis fired first thing Monday morning. Trump plans to call a yellow taxi cab after he tells him to HIT THE BRICKS PAL

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Shere posted:

I propose:

The best Nicolas Cage movie is Raising Arizona

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Dammerung posted:

She can't, not without an amendment or constitutional convention changing the requirements. But you can help her out by supporting Biden's presidential run! That's the closest we can do for now.

Oof!

fake edit: Oh never mind this is Dammerung

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

So do you think Trump continues to mention H1N1 while suddenly leaving out the 17,000 death toll number he’s been using for over a month?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Virginia just ended voter ID and made election day a holiday

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Holy gently caress Virginia is becoming the country I wish I lived in

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

syntaxrigger posted:

Oof!

fake edit: Oh never mind this is Dammerung

Well, yes! How are you?

As is the case with many things President Trump and his administration does, it's not surprising, but certainly is disappointing.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

What does this even mean?

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug

If it's easy, why are you working hard?

:thunk:

(I know there is no answer)

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

pacerhimself posted:

It's actually a good question. Why is he dealing with the lamestream media? Shouldn't he be working?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

zenguitarman posted:

Holy gently caress Virginia is becoming the country I wish I lived in

https://www.nbc12.com/2020/04/12/gov-northam-signs-new-laws-support-virginia-workers/

quote:

Governor Ralph Northam has signed nearly two dozen new laws to support working Virginians, including legislation to combat worker misclassification and wage theft, ban workplace discrimination, and prohibit non-compete covenants for low-wage workers.

The Governor proposes to increase the minimum wage starting May 1, 2021, and to advance prevailing wage, collective bargaining, and project labor agreement legislation then as well. This will ensure workers get the support they need while allowing greater economic certainty in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.

“Every Virginian deserves access to a safe and well-paying job,” said Governor Northam. “These new laws will support workers and help our economy rebound as quickly as possible from COVID-19. I am grateful for the General Assembly’s ongoing partnership as we address these critical issues.”

In addition, Governor Northam is proposing amendments to prohibit apprenticeship discrimination on the basis of gender identity and to create a work-sharing program to support workers impacted by COVID-19.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

So how can Kushner lend his support in Faucis Absence? Will he be appointed Coronavirus mogul or czar or whatever

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Trump fires Fauci either Monday, Tuesday, or Friday this week. Then the following Monday, the country is “opened”. Summer hits and we see a new, large spike of deaths and spreads from the virus.

No one is allowed to be smarter or more responsible than Trump. Remember, he doesn’t fail, he can only be failed.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Ringo Star Get posted:

Trump fires Fauci either Monday, Tuesday, or Friday this week. Then the following Monday, the country is “opened”. Summer hits and we see a new, large spike of deaths and spreads from the virus.

No one is allowed to be smarter or more responsible than Trump. Remember, he doesn’t fail, he can only be failed.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Will be taking care of Faucis duty to order the reopening of the country.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

you all are incorrect. the best nicholas cage movie, is in fact, the remake of the wicker man.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Virginia just ended voter ID and made election day a holiday

the guy who has a history of wearing black face has done more for civil rights than any republican in the past 30 years

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
SAME

Dammerung posted:

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

https://i.imgur.com/tUMzUfq.mp4

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Mr Interweb posted:

the guy who has a history of wearing black face has done more for civil rights than any republican in the past 30 years

trans-racial

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Will be taking care of Faucis duty to order the reopening of the country.

I'll have you know he once called a plumber between classes.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Spaced God posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a Nicholas Cage movie in it's entirety

Well yeah, why would you watch the scenes without him in them?

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
Face/Off people, hello

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Theres not a single bad nic cage movie :colbert:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Uncle Wemus posted:

Theres not a single bad nic cage movie :colbert:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Mandy rules

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

pacerhimself posted:

It means he got in one more tweet to prime his fans to distrust actual journalism and instead turn to sources like OANN that value loyalty to the hard right over good journalistic practice.

This kind of behavior from Trump isn't odd or mysterious at all when framed from the perspective that he lives and dies based on how effective a propagandist he and his allies are.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

It means he got in one more tweet to prime his fans to distrust actual journalism and instead turn to sources like OANN that value loyalty to the hard right over good journalistic practice.

This kind of behavior from Trump isn't odd or mysterious at all when framed from the perspective that he lives and dies based on how effective a propagandist he and his allies are.
I did find it ironic when I heard that story that the Trump Campaign was attacking Voice of America (which is literally a government-funded propaganda network) for not being sufficiently loyal to him or whatever it was that pissed them off.

OANN is a channel almost nobody gets so I'm not really worried about that becoming more popular. From what I've seen of their stuff it's just nonsense, whereas Fox at least tries to dress up their propaganda with a veneer of 'news'.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
I still need to see Lord of War, I've heard it's pretty good.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Passing it in a voice vote in a lame duck session after Democrats won the election is even worse.

It means Democrats wanted it to pass but wanted to avoid responsibility so they quickly pushed it through while avoiding signing their names to it right before they took over the chamber and would no longer be able to blame Republicans

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
How can you fools forget Face/Off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

FlamingLiberal posted:

I did find it ironic when I heard that story that the Trump Campaign was attacking Voice of America (which is literally a government-funded propaganda network) for not being sufficiently loyal to him or whatever it was that pissed them off.

OANN is a channel almost nobody gets so I'm not really worried about that becoming more popular. From what I've seen of their stuff it's just nonsense, whereas Fox at least tries to dress up their propaganda with a veneer of 'news'.

John Oliver does a good deep dive on it. The key tl;dr fact is Graham Ledger, their big "Hannity" type host, signs off every show with "Even when I'm wrong, I'm right." Yes seriously.