Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Pro tip for the new players with tiny stashes - lots of rigs have more internal spaces than spaces they occupy in your stash - for example the AVS armored rig takes up 12 spaces in your stash, but has like 25 internal spaces, including two 4x4 squares. It’s one of the best rigs early on for making your stash space really count.

Also one of the most important skills you need to learn is efficient looting - ctrl + l/r click and alt + l click are your friends. Less time with your head up a dead guy’s rear end is more time to scan and react to threats. It drives me nuts when I watch a video and some dude is laying on a body out in the open click-dragging poo poo back and forth. I think I remember Veritas having a good looting tutorial video - I won’t speak to his gameplay or general attitude, but his technical/mechanics videos are all very informative.

Lastly it’s definitely been blown up a few times, but Shoreline stash runs are still great. Use a few offline/scav runs to get familiar with the Shoreline stashes & swamp/village. Once you have some familiarity it’s a mellow way to get good PMC experience - you get experience looting stuff, there are some easy scav kills to make along the way, and you can bring along some smoke grenades from Prapor and start working on Strength 3. There’s a huge potential for making really good money, too - hitting 6+ stashes, multiple jackets, bags, tool boxes, and weapons crates means you’ll find lots of stuff that you can sell straight to traders for $$$, plus lots of chances to find items you’ll need for found-in-raid quests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Until you have access to the flea market, it's important to sell stuff to the right dealers. The prices they offer can be drastically different

- Barter items, medical gear, food etc goes to Therapist
- Clothing, rigs, backpacks and other wearable stuff goes to Ragman
- Weapons, mods and ammo should go to Skier first, and then Mechanic second. Always disassemble your weapons and sell the parts you can to Skier and then the rest to mechanic.

If you just want to make money, interchange/customs/shoreline cache runs are low risk, but they're boring and won't make you any better at shooty mans.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

idiotsavant posted:

Pro tip for the new players with tiny stashes - lots of rigs have more internal spaces than spaces they occupy in your stash - for example the AVS armored rig takes up 12 spaces in your stash, but has like 25 internal spaces, including two 4x4 squares. It’s one of the best rigs early on for making your stash space really count.

Also one of the most important skills you need to learn is efficient looting - ctrl + l/r click and alt + l click are your friends. Less time with your head up a dead guy’s rear end is more time to scan and react to threats. It drives me nuts when I watch a video and some dude is laying on a body out in the open click-dragging poo poo back and forth. I think I remember Veritas having a good looting tutorial video - I won’t speak to his gameplay or general attitude, but his technical/mechanics videos are all very informative.

Lastly it’s definitely been blown up a few times, but Shoreline stash runs are still great. Use a few offline/scav runs to get familiar with the Shoreline stashes & swamp/village. Once you have some familiarity it’s a mellow way to get good PMC experience - you get experience looting stuff, there are some easy scav kills to make along the way, and you can bring along some smoke grenades from Prapor and start working on Strength 3. There’s a huge potential for making really good money, too - hitting 6+ stashes, multiple jackets, bags, tool boxes, and weapons crates means you’ll find lots of stuff that you can sell straight to traders for $$$, plus lots of chances to find items you’ll need for found-in-raid quests.

What does Alt + I do? I've never even used that one. I use ctrl all the time. Also to add, a backpack can hold infinite backpacks or rigs. No need to waste multiple slots when every backpack can fit inside each other.

Shoreline is also good because player encounters can be rare enough that you might even get the jump on someone being a little too casual. I've killed a ton of PMCs around the beach area because they are just trucking it to wherever they are going without a care in the world. I was doing shotgun quests there until recently and I killed so many people with the fabled MP-153 w/ AP rounds.

So, yea I guess Shoreline is good for new players. Probably the best. You might say Interchange but gently caress me if that map isn't viable unless you are in a squad. I just don't think the risk vs reward is there. Too many other squads, easy to camp exits (even from mall itself, not including the extraction points) and too many sight lines you need to watch to be effective. That loot do be good tho. I still think Reserves is better for a scav run over Factory. Most of my encounters on Factory are hatchlings or low levels doing the exact same thing as recommended, so they don't have gear, or 1-2 kitted out goofballs that dominate the entire map. Then there just isn't enough loot spread around the map unless you go for bodies. It doesn't have low transit money making opportunities that something like Reserves has. I've gone through Reserves hundreds of times as a scav and many of my runs involve never seeing another player. It's not that i'm avoiding them, in fact i'm actively seeking them out because I know people on Reserves run good gear and get to pick up good loot. I just sometimes don't ever see them. A lot of hatchlings run Reserves because there are so many locked doors and you can get enough loot from behind them into your secure container to make every run a big net positive. They often leave behind bigger, valuable items and leave a majority of the other loot areas untouched. I can't tell you how many weapon cases i've found thanks to hatchlings opening marked rooms and not having inventory space. That's a good 1mil for a scav if you either have a big enough backpack or find another scav to kill that has one.

Edit: As an aside, does the price of Bitcoin continue to rise? Didn't they used to be like 125k around the beginning of the patch or am I straight up misremembering that? Do the hideout upgrades make vendors pay more or something? I've never actually looked at the bonuses I get.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Apr 12, 2020

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Interchange is the most ez mode loot map. Just go back Oli with a scav BP and grab 4 propane tanks/gas cans, and carefully extract. I've had 15 minute 400k runs this way.

Even scav runs can be good. I'll frequently run to kiba and nab handfuls of 20k weapon parts if I get a ~15 minute spawn in. This will often give good solo fights too if other p scavs or solo PMCs are around. PMC squads tend to extract early or camp out tech stores.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Famethrowa posted:

Interchange is the most ez mode loot map. Just go back Oli with a scav BP and grab 4 propane tanks/gas cans, and carefully extract. I've had 15 minute 400k runs this way.

Even scav runs can be good. I'll frequently run to kiba and nab handfuls of 20k weapon parts if I get a ~15 minute spawn in. This will often give good solo fights too if other p scavs or solo PMCs are around. PMC squads tend to extract early or camp out tech stores.

Man I must just have lovely luck on Interchange. Almost all my runs end in disaster. I absolutely hate going there for quests. I usually run into a decked out 3 man squad or an exit camper. One group likes to kill Killa and the other group likes to kill the people that kill Killa. I always get stuck in the middle.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

alt clicking auto equips stuff if you have the slot free

learn customs first. most early missions are there and you want to do them to get up to level 10 quicker. its also got an easier flow to it imo

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I did one scav Factory .What is that poo poo?! It's pitch black and I can't see *anything*. Never going there again without lights. I dropped accidentally down from some ledge and hurt my legs. I wandered around, shooting randomly. Managed to to get some scav come to me and I killed him. There was something between me and the scav, the corpse was probably 3 meters away from me. He had a light and maybe even some heals. But I could not see how to get to him and I died to my fall injuries. Rip.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Ihmemies posted:

I did one scav Factory .What is that poo poo?! It's pitch black and I can't see *anything*. Never going there again without lights. I dropped accidentally down from some ledge and hurt my legs. I wandered around, shooting randomly. Managed to to get some scav come to me and I killed him. There was something between me and the scav, the corpse was probably 3 meters away from me. He had a light and maybe even some heals. But I could not see how to get to him and I died to my fall injuries. Rip.

Factory is unlike other maps because the time is always fixed - either 3am or 3pm. Sounds like you went in at 3am where yeah it’s basically pitch black aside from the office area.

This game sucks to learn alone. Find some friends to play it with or join the discord, PMC raids especially are way more fun in a duo or three stack.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Just one more question.. how the heck I get out? Woods for example should have tons of "exit game" areas for scav's. At least according to the map:

I wandered to the boat/dead man's place area. Visited the outskirts and scav house: No idea how to get out. I started to google for an answer and someone shot me in the head, rip.

Edit: apparently extracts on the opposite side of the map (of where you spawn) are generally open.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Apr 12, 2020

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

when you load in or when you double press o, the top right with the time expands to show you your extracts. some extracts have special requirements but you will always have some that just require you to walk up to the area.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Ihmemies posted:

Just one more question.. how the heck I get out? Woods for example should have tons of "exit game" areas for scav's. At least according to the map:

I wandered to the boat/dead man's place area. Visited the outskirts and scav house: No idea how to get out. I started to google for an answer and someone shot me in the head, rip.

Not all extracts will be available to you, even if you're a scav. Double tap O to see your available extracts, which usually depend on where you spawn (you will generally never get extracts close to your spawn, unless they're the "always open" types, like Sewer Manhole on reserve). Some extracts have specific circumstances that need to be fulfilled before you can take them, or are one-use, such as South-V Exit (PMC exit, only if the car is there and it costs rubles to use, then cannot be used anymore, etc).

Use your scavs liberally as a new player. Not only will you get stuff if all you do is extract, but you can gain confidence in how the map is structured, where players and AI scavs typically gather, and just get a feel for moving around and pointing your gun at stuff that shoots back. I have like 5 solo raids on reserve, and they've all been monster loot runs as I've been scavving on reserve since I started and know how the map works before I ever got keys and a red rebel for the map.

Also, if you literally don't understand the map at all, you really should be going in offline mode first, just to get a look at the map and see all the extracts. You can even turn AI scavs on if you want, and see generally where they spawn.

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Apr 12, 2020

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Ihmemies posted:

Edit: apparently extracts on the opposite side of the map (of where you spawn) are generally open.

This is always the case, afaik

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

cant remember if you mentioned this but make sure you check the traders tasks tab and load up on quests, they give tons of xp

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Apparently when you load in as a PMC, scavs should already be spawned in. Is this the case? I've been doing runs on Woods & Customs for scav-killing missions and I'm loading in near scav spawns, but they're always empty. Is this just bad luck so far?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Lemon posted:

Apparently when you load in as a PMC, scavs should already be spawned in. Is this the case? I've been doing runs on Woods & Customs for scav-killing missions and I'm loading in near scav spawns, but they're always empty. Is this just bad luck so far?

Some will be spawned in on load, then they will occasionally spawn in as the raid progresses.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

they also wont (or rarely?) spawn in in the scavs spawns that can be extremely close to a player spawn at the start of a round

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Stux posted:

they also wont (or rarely?) spawn in in the scavs spawns that can be extremely close to a player spawn at the start of a round

Yeah, I figured this might be what was happening.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
If you are on Reserves they can also spawn right ontop of you if you are in the train station area. That spawn doesn't give a gently caress where a player is in relation to it.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Camping train station on Reserve and just killing scavs and raiders that spawn on the platform + warehouses/bunkers/barracks is one of the most fun things in this game.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

causticBeet posted:

Camping train station on Reserve and just killing scavs and raiders that spawn on the platform + warehouses/bunkers/barracks is one of the most fun things in this game.

Getting up onto the roof of either the train station itself or the depots is a blast. Rarely do people check the roof. If you are getting onto the actual train station roof, you have to some platforming, but you get to a sweet area no one looks at. I like to sit up there and snipe right across. You get nice sight lines of one of the bunker entrances, all the depots, the tower and the entire hillside area. You have pretty decent cover for being on a roof.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

I prefer this ammo chart because it's more visual and it fits on one screen. Try to learn the top tier ammos (the ones that penetrate the armour classes above 4) for scavving Reserve. There's boxes of ammo everywhere and stuff like 7n39 "Igolnik" will sell for over 1,000 RUB a round once you have the flea. You'll also know if the gun you spawn with/find is going to do anything against a PMC who will typically be wearing at least class 4 armour.

Your flowchart of at the beginning of any scav raid should be: find cover/concealment, check inventory for expensive stuff like a Labs card, move meds to pockets/rig and set them to number keys, check chamber with Alt+T to know what ammo you have.

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Your flowchart of at the beginning of any scav raid should be: find cover/concealment, check inventory for expensive stuff like a Labs card, move meds to pockets/rig and set them to number keys, check chamber with Alt+T to know what ammo you have.

This is very good advice.

I think it's worth pointing out that the only good ammo you can expect to spawn in with as a scav now is M80 in your FAL, M61 in your M700 and arguably 7.62 PS ammo in your AK.

Flea Bargain fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Apr 13, 2020

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

TVsVeryOwn posted:

I prefer this ammo chart because it's more visual and it fits on one screen. Try to learn the top tier ammos (the ones that penetrate the armour classes above 4) for scavving Reserve. There's boxes of ammo everywhere and stuff like 7n39 "Igolnik" will sell for over 1,000 RUB a round once you have the flea. You'll also know if the gun you spawn with/find is going to do anything against a PMC who will typically be wearing at least class 4 armour.

these charts are always bad!!!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

im going to do a useful ammo list for the op hang on

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
I love the flea market but people are so drat dumb. The number of empty fuel canisters people are trying to sell for x0,000 is hilarious. If people are too dumb to check the fuel level they're just going to buy one of the 2k priced ones. Then you see what I'm assuming is a type for like 500k and they leave it up. It's always a joy when you find a newbie that doesn't know any better and lists a full one for 5k.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Stux posted:

im going to do a useful ammo list for the op hang on

i put it in the second post and put that chart in the op cos its better than the other one shout at me if i forgot something or made a mistake thnaks

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Stux posted:

i put it in the second post and put that chart in the op cos its better than the other one shout at me if i forgot something or made a mistake thnaks

a couple comments: might be good to delineate "new player advice" from "playing for a while but can't read an ammo chart" advice

some of your normal options are just as expensive as the "sweaty" options (i.e. 5.45 BS is the same price as Ilgolnik and just as "sweaty" since it's the superior choice vs. everyone not wearing level 6 armor)

imo you're a bit too down on BT and 856A1 (tracers are worth being aware of but not quite as big a disadvantage as you're making out)

7.62x39 PS is indeed not that good (true of 7.62x39 in general), but imo should be highlighted as usable ultra-budget ammo for those at low levels (esp. pre-flea market)

overpenetration isn't (currently) a thing in this game, so iirc there is no reason not to use 7N37 beyond the very high cost/round, generally being overkill, lack of 1 tap thorax potential, and lower speed

I also might drop or modify the note re: SP-5 - I also generally use SP-6 minimum, BUT it is worth pointing out to new players that the VSS is actually one of the best budget guns in the game - for very a modest price premium over a base model in other calibers you get a weapon with amazing stats that can kill anything if you land a burst, needs no further modding beyond a dirt-cheap dovetail sight, and is really cheap to feed if you use 20 round mags + SP-5

I'd maybe also include a couple more points re: smgs and pistols, since while they should know how to read an ammo chart its not that hard to summarize, and new players/people who can't read ammo charts probably do need a bit of a rundown (even if it's "use this, it's expensive and still isn't going to be as good as much cheaper options in a non-pistol caliber" and "these are the two pistols + 3/1 ammo type(s) in their weirdo calibers that you'd want to use if you are trying to facetap people likely to be wearing ballistic shields")

LGD fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Apr 13, 2020

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Player encounter survivals: 0.

Now my only weapon is a knife and I'm out of money. I have been doing scav runs when they're off CD but it doesn't help when I always die to players.

Game is hard for me. Hopefully I'll learn!

ComradeBigT
Sep 9, 2014
A quick note I’ve learned the hard way:
A few other people have mentioned that with scav on scav violence, the AI won’t normally shoot you if the other guy shoots first. The important thing to note is that they need to actually hit you for this to be in your favor. By no means am I saying to wait for them to not miss, but if another scav tries and fails to hit you before you murder them, be ready for the AI agro.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Ihmemies posted:

Now my only weapon is a knife and I'm out of money. I have been doing scav runs when they're off CD but it doesn't help when I always die to players.

Pro-tip: if you get shot at and you don't die just run the gently caress away. Get behind some cover and GTFO.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
AR Rounds

5.45x39mm BS and Igolnik hover around the same price point, both are sweaty rounds, as listed prior. Igolnik will one-tap any head, while BS offers better consistency when spraying bullets into the body, because Igolnik is almost always 3 shot thorax kill while BS can occasionally 2 shot thorax and one-taps any head not protected by class 6. Its basically up to preference which sweaty round you want to use. BS is slightly easier to find for a newbie, Igolnik can be crafted in the hideout. BT is the go-to budget round, while a tracer, it outperforms BP ammo by a decent margin in taking 1-2 less shots to break class 4+ armor and start doing damage. BP is by no means worthless, but BT is actually cheaper and extremely plentiful on Reserve. So what if its a tracer?

5.56x45mm isn't a good caliber for newbies, as the good bullets are expensive and the guns that shoot them typically shoot a lot of them quickly. M995 is obviously the best choice for sweaty boys. M855A1 is a fair bit better than M856A1 simply due to punching through Class 4 armor on the first hit a non-insignificant amount of the time, while 856A1 will need to at least get one hit in before it pens Class 4. Otherwise, the performance is similar. As 856A1 is almost half the price of 855A1, its the better budget option. Again, so what if its a tracer?

7.62x39mm only really has BP as a competitive round. Its not cheap either, but cheaper than the other high-end rounds from other guns. You don't actually tend to go through a lot of BP rounds unless you're magdumping in an AKM, which is nutty as 7.62 has a lot of recoil. BP usually doesn't pen Class 5 on the first shot, however, making this caliber unsuited for sweaty people. PS ammo is mediocre, but it'll get the job done for your magdumping needs. PS is dirt cheap and AKMs are also usually pretty cheap, making this caliber very newbie friendly. T45M is also usable, if your scav has it loaded, no need to dump it unless you can fill your mag with BP. The pen difference between it and PS isn't worth unloading the mag.

9x39mm rounds start at the budget SP-5 which is already a pretty good round, but if you can afford it, upgrade to SP-6. Its nearly 5 times the price, but you'll see much better performance against gearlords than with SP-5. Of course, if you can magdump them it won't matter. SPP is about 200 rubles a round more expensive but offers double the fragmentation chance of SP-6... a possible one-tap to the chest if it happens. Be aware it's a slightly faster bullet than the others, you might have to adjust your aim slightly. BP is the obvious sweaty choice, but you can buy 2 SP-6 rounds for every 1 BP round... or 10 SP-5 rounds. Yeah.

.366 rounds are trash, and you should not use this caliber unless your scav had the misfortune of spawning with a gun in this caliber. EKO will usually pen Class 3 armor on the first bullet, and FMJs will fragment 1 in every 4 bullets, dealing significant damage to limbs. Geksa will 1 tap an unarmored thorax at close range. If your gun doesn't have EKO loaded, consider it as useful as a pistol. Actually, maybe not, there are definitely worse bullets out there.

DMR/Sniper rounds

7.62x51mm generally has 2 options and a lesser seen 3rd. Budget and typical go-to round is the M80, infamous for one-tapping thoraxes on fragmentation through Class 4 armor. M62 is a tracer, and can punch through Class 5 easily, while sporting a slightly lower chance of one-tapping the thorax with a fragmentation. M61 is the sweaty option, basically ignoring armor, but it also has the lowest chance of one-tapping the thorax. You'll always 1 tap heads and 2 tap chests, though. A very expensive round, however. M80s typically do fine for most people. M62 is 3 times the price of M80, and M61 is a bit over 5 times the price.

7.62x54R has no theoretically "bad" rounds, just ones that don't make any sense in using. LPS Gzh is the cheapest round and does perfectly fine, penning and one-shotting Class 4 Thoraxes... usually. Sometimes it doesn't. T-46M is slightly more consistent, but is also a tracer round (and slow). 7N1 will always one-tap the thorax through Class 4 armor, but is also significantly more expensive... actually more expensive than SNB! SNB is actually what I'd consider the sweaty round here, beating all armors, though unable to one-tap the thorax without a lucky fragmentation (8% chance). 7BT1 is more expensive than SNB and doesn't even pen class 6, so don't loving use it. 7N37 has ridiculous penetration, but there's nothing it can penetrate that SNB isn't already penetrating, so there's no point in using a round almost 4 times the price. One last thing about this caliber is that 7BT1, 7N37, and T-46M all have about 50-90 m/s slower projectile speed than LPS Gzh, 7N1, and SNB, meaning that if you use the slow rounds, you need to aim higher. The zeroing is set for 7N1 ammo speed, aiming dead on with the slower ammos will have your shots come up short. Honestly, just stick to LPS Gzh or SNB, neither round is expensive and match the zeroing just fine. 7N1 is only for bullying newbies or budget players who are too poor to use Class 5 armor, and LPS Gzh will usually achieve the same effect at a fraction of the cost.

Ash-12 rounds (12.7x55mm)
If you're a masochist who uses an Ash-12, then there's 2 options, budget PS12A or PS12, sweaty PS12B. All bullets in this caliber do monstrous damage, so its basically between Pen vs Damage. PS12 gets blocked by Class 3 armor but typically gets through on the 2nd bullet. The budget choice (why tho) against armor. PS12B defeats Class 4 and gets through Class 5 is a few bullets, and will annihilate anything it penetrates. PS12A barely will pen Class 1, but has the bonus of always being a 3 shot to the legs or unarmored stomach (lol slick plate), while PS12B will usually take 4 shots to kill on leg hits. However, the higher pen rounds also have a 30% chance to fragment, which helps them catch up with PS12A, so its mostly a moot point, unless you're unlucky. These rounds are slow as piss, by the way, don't loving try to snipe people with this gun. And then sell it and buy a VSS instead.

SMG/Pistol rounds

9x21mm (SR-1MP rounds) have SP12 as the budget round, and SP10 or SP13 for the sweaty round. SP13 does more damage than SP10, but is a tracer. Probably doesn't matter on an SMG, but you'll light up like a christmas tree if you're doing night raids. Both sweaty rounds punch through Class 3 cleanly. SP11 and 12 both fail to pen Class 2, but SP12 does more damage, and almost 50% more armor damage than SP11, at virtually the same pricepoint. Ya know, just in case you shoot a scav with a PACA or something.

4.6x30mm has some varied, strange choices. Action SX is very cheap and has the highest damage, for leg meta. You'll need to hit the legs 7-10 times to kill somebody through pure leg damage, though, so prepare to magdump. FMJ is cheaper than Subsonic SX, but occasionally will fail to pen Class 3, while Subsonic SX handles Class 3 quite well. Subsonic SX, however, is subsonic AKA slow, and unsuited for anything other than close range, so be aware. AP SX easily defeats Class 4 and will pen Class 5 after a few hits... but you might need 2 penetrating shots to the head to kill somebody if you hit armor! It'll onetap any head part without protection, making it the sweaty go-to round for this caliber.

5.7x28mm bullets are all rather cheap, so it's up to how you want to play more than the cost. SS190 is the most expensive round boasting the highest pen, while L191 offers a discounted price with discounted, but comparable, penetration. SB193 is between the two, but is also subsonic (AKA, slow) and unsuited to firing at range, but go for it if that doesn't bother you. SS197SR sits in the middle of pack, penning PACAs and other class 2 armors most of the time, while being the cheapest round. For leg meta, R37.X will pen class 1 armor for scav killing, while R37F offers the highest damage per bullet, being 5-7 bullets to the legs for a kill. Not a tall order for a P90. As an aside, SS197SR should actually perform well... I think? It has 20 pen meaning it can fragment, with a 50%!!! chance to fragment for 93 damage instead of 62, rather close to R37.F's damage. Theoretically, it should kill with leg shots in 6-8 bullets, just one worse than R37.F... but you can also deal a lot more damage to armor if the need arises. And its cheap ammo. I dunno. Just some idle thoughts here. Use SS190 in a Five-seveN, for facetapping, and either L191 (budget) or SS190 (sweaty?) for shooting down upper body/face or R37.F for leg meta with a P90.

9x19mm is typically a leg meta gun, using the pricy RIP round. Luger CCI is a budget option to leg meta rounds, but takes approximately 3 more rounds to kill on leg hits vs RIP. Pst gzh, Green Tracer, and PSO gzh are all really, really bad. Pray for an unarmored face. AP 6.3 is the alternative to RIP, but it only pens Class 2 armor and will have difficulty scratching players with even so much as Class 4 armor. Stick to RIP rounds and try not to use this caliber as a newbie.

9x18mm is also a leg meta gun, but with worse ammo options. MUCH, MUCH cheaper to run than 9x19mm, though. PMM (sweatier) and PBM (dirt cheap) both can defeat class 2 armor and aren't subsonic (AKA, not the worst at shooting a further away scav), so you should probably take these for your pistols in this caliber, while SP7 (sweatier) and PSV (dirt cheap) are the best options for SMGs attempting leg meta. SP7 has the highest damage and is also not a subsonic round, so you can occasionally drop a scav at medium range without much difficulty, while PSV is a much slower round, suited to magdumping at close range. SP7 should kill in 6-8 leg hits while PSV kills on 7-9 hits. All the bullets are cheap, though. Any round not listed here is garbage, and you can expect to need upwards of 8+ rounds to a single leg (+2 if the damage is spread across both legs) to kill a player with them. Yikes. Pray for the face tap.

Lastly, 7.62x25mm, for the TT. The only option, budget or sweaty, should be the Pst gzh round, for the best chance of getting through a faceshield to facetap. The ammo's all around the same price, anyways. Try not to use this crappy pistol if you can help it, as you only have 8 round mags.

For shotguns, either run AP20 slugs for ranged upper body shots, Flechette for close range upper body shots, and 8.5mm Magnum for close range leg meta. SuperFormance is the leg meta long range shell, but honestly you should just use AP-20 at that range anyways since you cant really precisely aim that far with a shotgun.

Don't use the Toz.

if something's wrong here say so and I'll update but I think I've got everything

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Apr 13, 2020

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Hazdoc posted:

Try not to use this crappy pistol if you can help it, as you only have 8 round mags.

I'm sorry what did you just say?

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I mean I guess the enemy might hurt themselves laughing at you for using a TT. The bullets sure as hell won't hurt them.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

TVsVeryOwn posted:

check inventory for expensive stuff like a Labs card, move meds to pockets/rig and set them to number keys.

Whoa you get expensive stuff or meds on your scavs? Thats crazy. I don't get either. My main gripe with scavs is never spawning with meds so a single shot that bleeds or breaks a leg usually means the end of the raid.

ChesterJT posted:

I love the flea market but people are so drat dumb. The number of empty fuel canisters people are trying to sell for x0,000 is hilarious. If people are too dumb to check the fuel level they're just going to buy one of the 2k priced ones. Then you see what I'm assuming is a type for like 500k and they leave it up. It's always a joy when you find a newbie that doesn't know any better and lists a full one for 5k.

Which ones? The blue ones sell for alot, even empty, because you can use them to craft mag boxes. So you can sell them for as much as 60-70k empty. I haven't done it personally, because I use mine to make mag boxes, but i've seen it happen in videos when people are making how tos or raid videos.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Ihmemies posted:

Get in the discord, hop in a voice channel, mention you'd like to raid but you only have a knife.

You'll get a kit for sure. Don't waste your time scav running for now.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hm dunno why but in my head igolnik had been more expensive than BS my bad for not checking. ur right i shouldnt be down BT and not be so against PS if its for completely new players

7n37 just has part of its stat budget spent on penetration that isnt doing anything instead of damage

Stux fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Apr 13, 2020

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.

Stux posted:

hm dunno why but in my head igolnik had been more expensive than BS my bad for not checking. ur right i shouldnt be down BT and not be so against PS if its for completely new players

7n37 just has part of its stat budget spent on penetration that isnt doing anything instead of damage

BT ammo goes for 200 rubles a round and is 20x better than ps ammo. If you have access to the flea just by BT ammo. Otherwise, stick with 7.62 vepers you get from scavs.

Honestly, I just run two 60 round mags of BT over BS ammo if I'm going sweaty. Better to spray people down and be liberal with ammo than to be stingy and die. More bullets always wins over less bullets in short/medium range engagements.

The exception is sniping, where it makes more sense to shell for expensive ammo since you can usually only get a couple shots off.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i mean i agree but also theyre right that in when youre literally just starting a lot of your load outs are "do i take a mosin or an sks" and not about doing spray downs, and as a mosin hater i understand wanting to struggle along with a PS SKS instead

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Just use the mosin, 1 tapping some thicc boi with some shottt surplus rifle is one of tarkovs great joys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

mosin sucks i hate it awful gun

edit: if youre going to use the mosin take off the rear sight thats my genuine advice cos the iron is garbage i hate it i will not use the mosin u cant make me