Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Never read the manga, but I am enjoying Gleipnir. Is gooey meat mecha a genre now? The hits in the fight felt like they had some weight behind them. Made a couple of gifs.

Edit: Changed from gifs to much smaller embedded mp4s.
https://i.imgur.com/L9jGbKN.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/60Q12dK.mp4

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Apr 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Sindai posted:

Shame abut Tenjho Tenge's everything else

My brother loved that show but I couldn't get into it. Does it have anything redeeming or is it as boring as I remember?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://twitter.com/RanobeSugoi/status/1249388397375913985?s=20

:ohdear:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

drat clair is one hell of a boxer

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Combat Revue has been the translation for a good while. It's based on the Takarazuka Kagekidan, or the Takarazuka Revue. There's no pun intended.

The 歌劇団 / 華撃団 pun is 100% intended, it's the first thing that Oogami and Yoneda talk about (while Yoneda is loving with him to see how he reacts) - and the botched translation may have been used since 5 was translated but the translation of 5 (again from what I've seen) was loving terrible.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Gleipnir seems cool. I guess I'll check it out.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The show is extremely horny, like it will not hesitate to indulge in random pantie and bra shots. The premise itself is loving insane. Imagine bemoaning shinji into getting into the robot but instead its telling him to be the robot. And with all the smut, in the end of ep2, has a pretty well directed emotional scene between the two protagonists.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

He looks like a Five Nights At Freddies monster. which is fairly cool to me.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
still basically in shock that Gleipnir looks as good as it does

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I'm worried that a bunch of Summer anime will get delayed as well if Japan doesn't GIST

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

they probably will regardless

there are effects all throughout the pipeline because of use of outsourcing studios that are in other countries. some productions just won't be able to handle it and choose to delay/cancel, or could have production quality degrade

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Well, anime is one of those things that CAN be still created in a WFH environment (the voice acting would be the hardest part), unlike live action at a set TV or movies. There's a lot of money to be made by being able to keep pumping out content especially is a bunch of your competition can't work.

Knowing Japanese work culture though, they likely cannot even fathom a WFH process and are doing nothing to prepare their teams for it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nitrousoxide posted:

Well, anime is over of those things that CAN be still created in a WFH environment (the voice acting would be the hardest part), unlike live action at a set TV or movies. There's a lot of money to be made by being able to keep pumping out content especially is a bunch of your competition can't work.

Knowing Japanese work culture though, they likely cannot even fathom a WFH process and are doing nothing to prepare their teams for it.

I'm sorry, I didn't get that. Could you please send it the traditional way via fax? :confused:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Fax? I assume that's a fancy term for having a production assistant drive over with an envelope

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Gleipnir seems cool. I guess I'll check it out.

I like it.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sindai posted:

Fax? I assume that's a fancy term for having a production assistant drive over with an envelope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mp9-T3p2dM

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

dogsicle posted:

they probably will regardless

there are effects all throughout the pipeline because of use of outsourcing studios that are in other countries. some productions just won't be able to handle it and choose to delay/cancel, or could have production quality degrade
If RE:ZERO S2 gets delayed again I swear to god...

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

I went ahead and made a Gleipnir thread. Will see if it gains any traction. Used some embedded mp4s (smaller than gifs!) to try and give the OP some appeal.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3919989

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Thank you. Thread added to OP :toot:

quote:

Gleipnir
Pine Jam | Kazuhiro Yoneda | Shinichi Inotsume | Action, Mystery, Supernatural, Ecchi, Seinen | Manga | Apr 5, 2020
Kagaya Shuuichi is an ordinary high school kid in a boring little town. But when a beautiful classmate is caught in a warehouse fire, he discovers a mysterious power: he can transform into a furry dog with an oversized revolver and a zipper down his back. He saves the girl's life, sharing his secret with her. But she's searching for the sister who killed her family, and she doesn't care how degrading it gets: she will use Shuuichi to accomplish her mission...
PV
Thread

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

there's definitely going to be more delays both later this season and next season, hopefully it's not a bloodbath though.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Tales of Woe posted:

there's definitely going to be more delays both later this season and next season, hopefully it's not a bloodbath though.
This apocalypse sucks now. :negative:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1249684027725889546?s=19

Anime of the edgy Cells at Work spinoff

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

what makes it edgy, does the host get an std

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Davincie posted:

It covers the less-G/PG educational stuff with an unhealthy body suffering from things like alcoholism, smoking and erectile disfunction

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Davincie posted:

Yes, actually.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Davincie posted:

Gets STD, uses dick pills, smokes, drinks too much.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

they should animate that tezuka thing instead

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

sinky posted:

Gets STD, uses dick pills, smokes, drinks too much.

Finally a Chad mc. It's been decades

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the chad is the setting, not the protagonist.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I started to watch Woodpecker Detective Office but the frame story setup immediately kicked me out of it: the story is a flashback and in the present one character has been dead for 10 years which is not a bad frame for the story but sets a tone that's going to color my perception of the rest of the show and that's not something I'm in the mood for at this point. I'm putting this one on the back burner for now.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I read a decent amount of Cells at work black a while back and it was pretty alright. Anime could be good.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

well, the detectives are real people so its just copying history like ethat

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

well, the detectives are real people so its just copying history like ethat
yeah, the PVs were pretty lighthearted though and it seemed to be more of a fictionalized setting. It's not a knock against the show I'm just not going to be able to watch it right now.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Woodpecker Detective - I sat down to watch Woodpecker Detective because the synopsis makes it sound like it's a show about a linguist who deals with ghost mysteries. That sounds rad as hell, I want to see a guy try to deal with ghosts and figure out what dialect they're speaking. Then the OP made me think it was about some gay guys. Turns out it's just Japanese Sherlock and Watson starting a detective agency in 1909 Japan. Maybe the ghosts show up later? Seems good enough to check out the second episode.

Princess Connect episode 2 - The gags are already getting repetitive. Worst girl, Pecorine, is basically the main character. Hype decreased. Looks like the party is more or less gathered and ready to venture forth, so maybe the plot will get started now.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/ARIATheAVVENIRE/status/1249895369875394561?s=20

Hold on, new Aria

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Did the author ever do anything with Ai and her friends after she arrived at Aria Company?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the visual style of the detective show is for some reason incredibly unappealing to me and it was too boring to get through the first ep

thank god balance unlimited is here

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

dogsicle posted:

I think the shot of Just powering through dozens of classic cars with zero fucks to give is one of the most :stonklol: things I've ever seen animated.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

seriously; that's looking like my only show this season so I hope it doesn't poo poo the bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

:eyepop:

I wonder if it's another episode of the Avvenire OVA or an actual series.