Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Rah! posted:

dying from the mulan flu 2 own the libs thanks bill gates

how you feeling rah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

so lets say trumpbux becomes a thing for the next few months in some sort of bizarre republican guilt-fueled UBI

if we're still dealing with pandemic poo poo none of that is going to bars, or resturants, or movie theaters, or travel, or malls etc. etc. etc.

its a massive disruptive event to how everything works and it doesn't matter if theres UBI or not there's gonna be chaos

it's basically a bail-out for the landlords lmao it owns

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

lol

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

quoting this again bc lmao he’s a former chiropractor that now is corporate something or other for MLM scheme Amway, notably founded by richard devos

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

snoo posted:

it's basically a bail-out for the landlords lmao it owns

tbf the basic idea of "welp we're completely hosed just give everyone enough money to pay rent, get food, and other necessities while we figure out how to get everything back online again" is not actually a terrible idea.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

tbf the basic idea of "welp we're completely hosed just give everyone enough money to pay rent, get food, and other necessities while we figure out how to get everything back online again" is not actually a terrible idea.

of course, but also gently caress landlords

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Hey that was me, lmao

i tried looking for two minutes then said “ah gently caress this poo poo”

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

Schnorkles posted:

but even in the case where demand wanders back up over the next few months of constant pandemic peaks, it's going to involve a total re-ordering of how we spend our money and on what

like there's no way this isn't massively disruptive and potentially completely transformative so

since the millionaire class got a huge cash infusion with the CARES act i'm guessing they'll be hiring a lot more yacht polishers, human hunting targets, etc.

that'll be the only growth sector besides groceries and essentials, everything that evolved to serve the bread and circuses of the middle class (cheesecake factories and SUVs) will shrink or disappar

my hot take is that the upper-middle class will also get hit hard, just delayed. advertising, media, medical, etc. are all getting crushed right now. bye bye to fancy $15 salad lunch places and $100 boardgames

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

I read this article - this one factory is responsible for 5% of the pork consumed in the US.

A. 5% is not that much, that still leaves 95% of pork (itself only one of several possible meat choices) available
B. There have been articles written about how, even though many other meats are getting cleaned out of stores, there is usually ample bacon remaining. Maybe they are trying to spark a little pork panic buying.
C. Likely they are fishing for some sort of additional government relief money - if only we had a clever name for such a government handout, perhaps something relating to pig parts in a container...
D. Maybe I'm wrong about all of these and this is the End of Meat. Ok, eat some more beans and lentils then. Contrary to internet wisdom, bacon deficiency is rarely a fatal condition.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gio posted:

whoever said “the US has never shut down” a few pages back is entirely correct. so not only will the US never fully implement a type of lockdown necessary for bringing the number of cases to a more manageable level, which even if we did we’d gently caress up limiting the spread, but we will probably “go back to work” at a peak.

bro what do you mean we're peaking rn actually we're over the peak, as you can see daily deaths fell today(on easter, which means god has BLESSED THE USA) ! it's time to get back to work NOW baby the worst is over hell yea

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Its pronounced MichiGAINders? What the gently caress?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

CleverHans posted:

I read this article - this one factory is responsible for 5% of the pork consumed in the US.

A. 5% is not that much, that still leaves 95% of pork (itself only one of several possible meat choices) available
B. There have been articles written about how, even though many other meats are getting cleaned out of stores, there is usually ample bacon remaining. Maybe they are trying to spark a little pork panic buying.
C. Likely they are fishing for some sort of additional government relief money - if only we had a clever name for such a government handout, perhaps something relating to pig parts in a container...
D. Maybe I'm wrong about all of these and this is the End of Meat. Ok, eat some more beans and lentils then. Contrary to internet wisdom, bacon deficiency is rarely a fatal condition.

a ton of meat made in the US goes to China. None of that meat is currently going to China and the warehouses where it is stored frozen are currently bursting at the seams.

it would (and probably will) involve repurposing the supply chain, but fear not your grilled pork bits with extra gristle will keep arriving.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Utz posted:

back to the vagina from once i came

Who was the chud who made the tweet about wanting to stick his dick back in the hole he came out of? I just remembered that and lolled.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

twoday posted:

hey yeah whatever happened to that

postal service couldn't deliver the check due to failure lomoa

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Its pronounced MichiGAINders? What the gently caress?

its not.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Schnorkles posted:

a ton of meat made in the US goes to China. None of that meat is currently going to China and the warehouses where it is stored frozen are currently bursting at the seams.

it would (and probably will) involve repurposing the supply chain, but fear not your grilled pork bits with extra gristle will keep arriving.

schnorkles if the warehouses burst then they can't store the icy pig treats there anymore.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Solarin posted:

why can't this piece of poo poo virus kill some monstrous fuckers instead of ordinary people

Reptilian DNA kills the roni.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

i want my TURMBPBUCKS and my GOVERNMENT CHEESE and my REGULATION-FREE PORK

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

friendly 2 da void posted:

since the millionaire class got a huge cash infusion with the CARES act i'm guessing they'll be hiring a lot more yacht polishers, human hunting targets, etc.

that'll be the only growth sector besides groceries and essentials, everything that evolved to serve the bread and circuses of the middle class (cheesecake factories and SUVs) will shrink or disappar

my hot take is that the upper-middle class will also get hit hard, just delayed. advertising, media, medical, etc. are all getting crushed right now. bye bye to fancy $15 salad lunch places and $100 boardgames

Don’t forget companies that sell trash covid tests, they’re doing great. So Mon-Thurs I had the old tests and had a 35% positive rate. I then administered about 120 of the new tests over Friday through Sunday. I had one positive test. One. Uno. Singular.

Either I fixed all the covid or something is really wrong here.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Schnorkles posted:

it's the only strategy that avoids economic pain so long as a solid quarantine lift plan is put into place (lol)

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Admiral Ray posted:

schnorkles if the warehouses burst then they can't store the icy pig treats there anymore.

listen bub i've been a vegetarian for like 10 years i don't know nor do i fuckin care about your goddamn pig bits

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Admiral Ray posted:

it's the only strategy that avoids economic pain so long as a solid quarantine lift plan is put into place (lol)

lol there will be no plan whatsoever at all

we’re hosed

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Gio posted:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Gio posted:

we’re hosed

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

NGL, I do have that thought of how awesome it will be to go out to a club or concert on the first day those things are allowed again and then I remember that whenever that happens will be way too soon and that a lot of dumbasses are going to get sick because they'll act on that same urge.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

snoo posted:

i want my TURMBPBUCKS and my GOVERNMENT CHEESE and my REGULATION-FREE PORK

many people are saying this

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

America is like a 6 out of 10 lockdown. Traffic is down like 40-60% but way too many people are still just hanging out, working when they aren't really essential

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

KaptainKrunk posted:

America is like a 6 out of 10 lockdown. Traffic is down like 40-60% but way too many people are still just hanging out, working when they aren't really essential

honestly is seems as though everybody is being deemed “essential”. as long as your business sells a candy bar, youre essential!

i see very little difference in traffic the few times ive had to go out, and no way theyre all grocery getters.

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

euphronius posted:

gently caress I wanted to see Phish in August

please, even if things seem grim right now, don't self harm. things will get better

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

So is this still spreading faster in the US? Because some states are starting to think about getting people back to work

not only is it flourishing across the country, we're also massively underreporting cases because this country is only testing people who go to the emergency room

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

snoo posted:

so many people i know are like 'drat i can't wait to go out and eat again!!! go to bars!!! places!!!' but they're either semi-well off, or just not quite broke yet

yeah media isn't really drilling home that 2020 is gonna be a year of off and on rolling lockdowns throughout the country as the economy crashes and burns so hard that we will be lucky if there's no food shortages

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

Nodelphi posted:

Don’t forget companies that sell trash covid tests, they’re doing great. So Mon-Thurs I had the old tests and had a 35% positive rate. I then administered about 120 of the new tests over Friday through Sunday. I had one positive test. One. Uno. Singular.

Can you please tell this to a journalist because that seems like a really big and important deal for public health

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

Like it might save lives

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

not only is it flourishing across the country, we're also massively underreporting cases because this country is only testing people who go to the emergency room

if our leaders were competent I'd say this was done on purpose to secretly build herd immunity

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

pork is a trash tier meat, stop eating pigs

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
lol

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1249557944640954369

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Schnorkles posted:

they could just simply freeze rent and debt (ideally abolish rent and jubliee debt but whatever)

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Nodelphi posted:

0.8% false positive rate? Nice test!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Gio posted:

i tried looking for two minutes then said “ah gently caress this poo poo”

That’s the spirit!

quote:

Goodwill to reopen 21 stores in Phoenix area starting Monday

Back To (Volunteer) Work!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Solarin posted:

why can't this piece of poo poo virus kill some monstrous fuckers instead of ordinary people

that interleukin poo poo is deffo getting administered to all the famous well connected ppl that catch it but the drug itself cost 15k plus so it's prob now selling for shitloads of cash