Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

speaking of chuds self-owning themselves, one of my favs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

if you're dyin' of the roni clap your hands

if you're dyin' and you know it,

then your scans will really show it

if you're dyin' of the roni clap your hands

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

pork is a trash tier meat, stop eating pigs

Been eating pork carnitas and homemade tortillas for the past two days.

Feels good man.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Gio posted:

quoting this again bc lmao he’s a former chiropractor that now is corporate something or other for MLM scheme Amway, notably founded by richard devos

also he has a nazi spartan helmet in the background

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I went out for the first time in a month for my mental health. I'm going insane in my studio apartment. I immediately turned around and went home. This is attempt number 3 to make this clear.

That trail is usually empty

Don't worry about the shut-ins. Sunshine and a country that isn't completely nuts with roni are decent things to have in your life. The trick is to go ride because there is no one driving around. Sunshine, exercise and no people. It's bliss.

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

twoday posted:

do you have any opinions about my BCG rantings, you seem like you might be credible

Look I’ll take anything that could really help at this point. It certainly seems like there could be some merit in BCG training the immune response in the young. I don’t know if it would translate to a useful way of helping someone already on a vent for example but maybe worth studying in more healthy unexposed people.

I can tell you anecdotally that one of our infectious disease docs caught covid and shook it off relatively easily, she’s Russian and I did ask, she says she had a BCG.

Grain of salt and all that. After the fiasco that is plaquenil, I am hesitant to jump on any bandwagons.

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH

hey steve, "whence" means "from where" you stupid shitstain

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

ShadowHawk posted:

Are there any updates on mass antibody testing anywhere?

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3078840/coronavirus-low-antibody-levels-raise-questions-about

quote:

The researchers said they were surprised to find that the antibody “titer” value in about a third of the patients was less than 500, a level that might be too low to provide protection.

“About 30 per cent of patients failed to develop high titers of neutralising antibodies after Covid-19 infection. However, the disease duration of these patients compared to others was similar," they said.

The team also found that antibody levels rose with age, with people in the 60-85 age group displaying more than three times the amount of antibodies as people in the 15-39 age group.
The low amounts of antibodies could affect herd immunity, resistance to the disease among the general population to stop its spread.

“This is a clinical observation we made at the front line. What this will mean to herd immunity will require more data from other parts of the world,” Professor Huang Jinghe, the leader of the team, said on Tuesday.

Huang said 10 of the patients in the study had an antibody presence so low it could not even be detected in the laboratory.

These patients experienced typical Covid-19 symptoms including fever, chill and a cough, but might have beaten back the virus with other parts of the immune system such as T-cells or cytokines.

How they did this was still unclear.

“Vaccine developers may need to pay particular attention to these patients,” Huang said. If the real virus could not induce antibody response, the weakened version in the vaccine might not work in these patients either.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Inceltown posted:

Don't worry about the shut-ins. Sunshine and a country that isn't completely nuts with roni are decent things to have in your life. The trick is to go ride because there is no one driving around. Sunshine, exercise and no people. It's bliss.

I don't have the physical space to own a bike :(

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I don't have the physical space to own a bike :(

Steal one while everyone is locked inside :devil:

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

lol "excessively" what does that even mean

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
I am waiting for more research on antibodies.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Lol at all you loving losers who go crazy stuck inside for any length of time

Just play video games and shitpost like normal people

Flooger
Dec 26, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

pork is a trash tier meat, stop eating pigs

pork butt just went in the smoker, see you again in 12 to 16 hours

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Not sure I buy this :crossarms:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

eating flesh supports the current regime, comrades.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

subsume your meat hunger into lust for capitalist blood

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Gio posted:

lol there will be no plan whatsoever at all

we’re hosed

this

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I've definitely started day drinking while WFH.

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

Ham Wrangler
Here’s Abbott’s info page on their tests.

https://www.molecular.abbott/us/en/products/infectious-disease/RealTime-SARS-CoV-2-Assay

Some choice quotes:

Detection of SARS-CoV-2 RNA may be affected by sample collection methods, patient factors (eg, presence of symptoms), and/or stage of infection.

False-negative results may arise from degradation of the viral RNA during shipping/storage.

The impacts of vaccines, antiviral therapeutics, antibiotics, chemotherapeutic or immunosuppressant drugs have not been evaluated.

The Abbott RealTime SARS-CoV-2 assay has not been FDA cleared or approved;

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"
Regarding antibody tests, I’m probably very naive about this, but I thought your body had to use antibodies to identify and eliminate infections? That if you’re not producing antibodies you’re just going to die as the infection goes unchecked, so survival would mean you produced *some* sort of antibody response?

Or is the issue here that some people might not be retaining antibodies post-infection? Or that some antibody responses aren’t being identified correctly?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Kentucky did not dissapoint

https://mobile.twitter.com/KentuckyRAG/status/1249338240450125826
https://mobile.twitter.com/rosemcbridetv/status/1249358243606024192
https://mobile.twitter.com/SimonRadio1776/status/1249399428890406912
https://mobile.twitter.com/PeterRQuinones/status/1249320425215180803

Mr Ice Cream Glove has issued a correction as of 06:32 on Apr 13, 2020

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Kentucky did not dissapoint

lol grow up

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

moist turtleneck posted:

Don't worry guys, anti-vaxxers will game the system and make sure covid never goes away

you imbecile, that's not the fluoride stare, that's the INTJ stare!

coke
Jul 12, 2009

Nodelphi posted:

Look I’ll take anything that could really help at this point. It certainly seems like there could be some merit in BCG training the immune response in the young. I don’t know if it would translate to a useful way of helping someone already on a vent for example but maybe worth studying in more healthy unexposed people.

I can tell you anecdotally that one of our infectious disease docs caught covid and shook it off relatively easily, she’s Russian and I did ask, she says she had a BCG.

Grain of salt and all that. After the fiasco that is plaquenil, I am hesitant to jump on any bandwagons.
it's probably one of the most widely used vaccine created that's about as safe as it can be and it only cost like a buck a pop in a lot of countries so why not :shrug:

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

Ham Wrangler

Goreld posted:

Regarding antibody tests, I’m probably very naive about this, but I thought your body had to use antibodies to identify and eliminate infections? That if you’re not producing antibodies you’re just going to die as the infection goes unchecked, so survival would mean you produced *some* sort of antibody response?

Or is the issue here that some people might not be retaining antibodies post-infection? Or that some antibody responses aren’t being identified correctly?

So your body has many ways to fight infection, antibodies are just one of them but high antibody titers usually means you can’t get this again it’s loosely a measure of your immune system’s “memory.” Having low titers could mean you can catch this again.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Nodelphi posted:

Don’t forget companies that sell trash covid tests, they’re doing great. So Mon-Thurs I had the old tests and had a 35% positive rate. I then administered about 120 of the new tests over Friday through Sunday. I had one positive test. One. Uno. Singular.

Either I fixed all the covid or something is really wrong here.

https://i.imgur.com/4YWDGQK.mp4

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

Ham Wrangler

coke posted:

it's probably one of the most widely used vaccine created that's about as safe as it can be and it only cost like a buck a pop in a lot of countries so why not :shrug:

Because the vaccine does put stress on the lungs, liver, kidneys. Take a look at the side effects from the vaccine, you could put an added stress on the organs getting damaged by covid.

I won’t advocate giving it to someone already infected at this point but I think it’s worth considering healthy individuals.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Nodelphi posted:

The Abbott RealTime SARS-CoV-2 assay has not been FDA cleared or approved;

hahahahahahahaha

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

I remember back when segway was being unveiled. the press had received first looks at the scooter (lmao) and were breathlessly reporting that it would change the world, etc, etc. when it was revealed to just be a scooter, a conspiracy theory started to float around that actually he had invented a personal hover craft and it was like suppressed by TPTB and all the journalists were in on it.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooobbbably bad

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1249572362808328192

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Inceltown posted:

Steal one while everyone is locked inside :devil:

Filthy poors, this is why they should get back to work. Think of the (my) shareholders!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
fire Fauci you FAT BITCH

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/880509298400514048

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lol hiding the meat: The novel coronavirus is killing about 1 in 10 hospitalized middle-aged patients and 4 in 10 who are older than 85 in the United States

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
40% killrate on >85 hospitalizations :vince:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
The doctors noted that a report from the World Health Organization-China Joint Mission on Coronavirus Disease 2019 Mortality on 2,114 of 55,924 coronavirus-related deaths in China reported a death rate of 21.9% in people 80 years and older (compared with 20.2% in this age-group in Italy).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
can somebody please find that gif of ronald mcdonald santa sled dabbing ty