Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Xaris posted:

https://twitter.com/NAChristakis/status/1240689981569417217

lets hope covid ends up behaving different than some previous corona viruses

We aren't quarantining again. If Coronavirus becomes a seasonal thing, that's just going to be accepted. Every year a ton of people will die and that's just gonna be the way things are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

lol at trying to improve on the perfection that is david lynch's film

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

gradenko_2000 posted:

there's been all sorts of stories about animals having to become more aggressive in looking for food that they used to get from people being outside, now that nobody's outside

this, you're average urban raccoon raids restaurant dumpsters for a living and a has a steady supply of quality easy food, guess what they don't have now

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Gripweed posted:

We aren't quarantining again. If Coronavirus becomes a seasonal thing, that's just going to be accepted. Every year a ton of people will die and that's just gonna be the way things are

read the next tweet

https://twitter.com/NAChristakis/status/1240693026797715456

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Looks like it we will have a few years of "I can't smell" google searches

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Sing Along posted:

not going to lie this feels like being run over by a cement roller travelling an inch a day

I remember people used to say that Britons would vote for Brexit "just to get it over with" because they were so sick of never being able to talk about anything else

I think I'm starting to grasp what that feels like, even if I'm not so self-destructive as to want to get this over with

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

read the next tweet

No. gently caress you.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
gently caress it i'll do it anyway i spent the two days off in a row i had from my dumb loving essential job painting this guy and i'm super happy with it

pls post what's been keeping you sane outside of looking at Number and going "lol"

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Gripweed posted:

Love to not fix poo poo and just adapt it as the new normal

Thank you mister president for making such things possible

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Holy poo poo piss where's the trailer

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

pls post what's been keeping you sane outside of looking at Number and going "lol"

* Dirt Rally 2.0 - I'm too dumb and bad to really be competitive, but doing time trials and trying to knock off seconds off yourself is pretty satisfying

* Elder Scrolls: Arena - it's a very old game that's downright primitive by most standards, but the random dungeons and the open world just hits the sweet spot of my lizard brain

* Blood: Fresh Supply - this loving game is hard as hell and sucks and I have to save every 30 seconds but I think that's why I keep coming back to it

* John Tiller's First World War Campaigns - I'm playing a Play-By-Email game with another goon and we're sending thousands of virtual Serbs and Austro-Hungarians to their deaths in offensives that go nowhere

Yesterday I finished reading a biography of Napoleon

This afternoon I read a nice short story by Hilary Mantel about the assassination of Margaret Thatcher

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

gently caress it i'll do it anyway i spent the two days off in a row i had from my dumb loving essential job painting this guy and i'm super happy with it

nice! whats that from?

been getting into painting stuff as well but need more things god drat lockdown

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

dank af

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Please remember a Ornicopter is supposed to be bird-like. It was a box on the David Lynch movie because artistic decisions and H.R. Giger influence.

It don't need to be a box on the next movies. It can be a box. But don't do Cargo Culting*.

* but doing Cargo Culting would made sense in a Dune movie, since Dune is about science and religion so much.

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

I've been fixing every broken or in need of small repair thing around my house along with yard work because I've been bored as hell. Yesterday I tried mowing the lawn and the deck belt broke so I had to order another one.

I try playing my Switch and I get a few hours in until I feel like I need to be doing something outside or something

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

yo that whips. that's such a good sculpt and the painting is great. love the choice to go green/ghostly for the skull.

i've been building gundam model kits and drinking an insane amount of chinese tea

mystes
May 31, 2006

Tei posted:

Please remember a Ornicopter is supposed to be bird-like. It was a box on the David Lynch movie because artistic decisions and H.R. Giger influence.

It don't need to be a box on the next movies. It can be a box. But don't do Cargo Culting*.

* but doing Cargo Culting would made sense in a Dune movie, since Dune is about science and religion so much.
Actual ornithopters probably don't look sci-fi enough for us now.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Rynn posted:

Kind of anxious right now since we're supposed to get 30-50mph winds in my area. If the power is out for awhile all of the meat that I vacuum sealed and stocked in my 2 freezers will be gone and I have no generator. :(

I wouldn't expect long power cuts with winds of that speed, although ymmv depending on how poo poo the infrastructure is in your area.

A fully stocked freezer will last at least 2 days before the temperature drops enough to start thawing out. If it's not completely full it will thaw sooner, but you can pre-empt this by filling any spare space with containers of water while you still have power.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

CODChimera posted:

nice! whats that from?

been getting into painting stuff as well but need more things god drat lockdown

I'm lucky enough that my brother has a resin printer, so it's

https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-razduun-undead-lord-79024

Rynn posted:

I've been fixing every broken or in need of small repair thing around my house along with yard work because I've been bored as hell. Yesterday I tried mowing the lawn and the deck belt broke so I had to order another one.

I try playing my Switch and I get a few hours in until I feel like I need to be doing something outside or something

I got annoyed at a viddy yesterday while waiting for something to dry, so I cleaned my entire bathroom

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

looks rad

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

gonna use my coronabucks to buy a resin printer now lmao whoops guess i don't need a new bed

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

mystes posted:

Actual ornithopters probably don't look sci-fi enough for us now.

I think with the right design can look cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Nd8BA3OHCc
Ornothopter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IWsyEClC1E
Another one.

(not actual Ornohopter, but example of what good design can look like in a movie.)

Tei has issued a correction as of 13:05 on Apr 13, 2020

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Tei posted:

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

mastershakeman posted:

I'm legit going to ship my kid to live with my dad just because he has a farm, id rather be isolated in the country than constantly dodging other kids outside who aren't wearing masks

I’m in the country and I’m waiting on this to break my kid’s brain. She’s getting bored with Xbox and YouTube and streaming shows and movies, but rejects ideas like walk to the creek, cook a different meal or read a book on the back porch. She just can’t make the leap to the idea that being passively entertained isn’t all there is to actual enjoyment. She did as a kid, but her teenage years and too much screen time have her all messed up. I’m hoping she’ll have a realization during this and make some serious changes.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Sing Along posted:

Evening, officer. Have you visited Krispy Kreme lately?

Not in a long time, unfortunately.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

we're doing spice mining

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

gonna use my coronabucks to buy a resin printer now lmao whoops guess i don't need a new bed

can recommend the elegoo mars which is p. cheap p. often, thing whips rear end

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

CPA Hell posted:

I’m in the country and I’m waiting on this to break my kid’s brain. She’s getting bored with Xbox and YouTube and streaming shows and movies, but rejects ideas like walk to the creek, cook a different meal or read a book on the back porch. She just can’t make the leap to the idea that being passively entertained isn’t all there is to actual enjoyment. She did as a kid, but her teenage years and too much screen time have her all messed up. I’m hoping she’ll have a realization during this and make some serious changes.

imagine making serious productive changes regarding anything in your life as a teenager.

get her into mmos instead

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

hey it worked for me *observes current life* nevermind

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Love this idea that if we are at the peak we should just let everyone go outside at once again because that means it will never come back lol

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

CPA Hell posted:

walking to the creek is just a youtube letswalk video but with no sound

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/DeeringRob/status/1249671109458505736

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

please believe

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

moist turtleneck posted:

Love this idea that if we are at the peak we should just let everyone go outside at once again because that means it will never come back lol

if we make sure we don't do any more testing, it will quickly go down to 15 cases or even zero

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

JEB!

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Flesh Forge posted:

whenever jared opens his mouth I see clouds of flies buzzing out

lol he’s so much dorkier than that

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

*putting on glasses*

this just says OBEY and CONSUME in big block letters!

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
please note that no guarantee is made that the days after "these" will be better

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNkUXYuMwYA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H447gvtABIM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igBggDl_wXk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqRWatPuCfM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y971tfWzIpo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goreban Dallas 2.0
Jan 4, 2019

I'm sure this has been posted but it's incredible

https://twitter.com/OhMyGOFF/status/1249100855409688576?s=20