Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

BigglesSWE posted:

I wonder if these hicks might be tricked into abandoning the church if one points out that Jesus was from the Middle East.

It’s not about Christ. That’s just a word. It’s something else now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Not one of you mentioned The Rock, I'm mad at y'all now :argh:

Fauci's probably out Friday, Turnip tweets it out before telling him, they don't let him into the vehicle leaving Friday's task force meeting because this is hellworld

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

Alkydere posted:

:crnasickos:
You idiots were WARNED of exactly what the state was going to do.

There is NOTHING more exciting to these people than getting to play the perceived martyr.

American Evangelicals have the biggest persecution complex in the entire known universe.

I have no doubt they would drat the entire country to the 'roni for the chance of getting to lord the story of the Great Christian Quarantine of 2020 over others.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Nenonen posted:

This desperately needs labels to be reversed and Trump's face and orange hands edited in

I made this a few weeks ago:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Bellmaker posted:

Not one of you mentioned The Rock, I'm mad at y'all now :argh:

Fauci's probably out Friday, Turnip tweets it out before telling him, they don't let him into the vehicle leaving Friday's task force meeting because this is hellworld

Lots of people mentioned The Rock

Now, why nobody has mentioned Peggy Sue Got Married where he does it all in falsetto, now that's the mystery

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Noise Complaint posted:

There is NOTHING more exciting to these people than getting to play the perceived martyr.

American Evangelicals have the biggest persecution complex in the entire known universe.

I have no doubt they would drat the entire country to the 'roni for the chance of getting to lord the story of the Great Christian Quarantine of 2020 over others.

Oh absolutely. And I know 95% of them won't face repercussions beyond the gentlest slap on the wrist but it's still fun/satisfying to watch them squeal. Because this is step one to them sometimes actually facing real repercussions sometimes. It's all about seeing how far some/any of them push the stupidity.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Also all these evangelicals would gladly sacrifice their fellow parishioners as well don’t forget that.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

why this week?

NYC curve looks like it's starting to flatten and it's the week after Easter. Plus, if you watched Trump's press briefings the last few days he very obviously wants this poo poo to be over.

He wants to declare victory, have everyone fawn over how great a job he did, then go back to playing golf and holding rallies.

He wants a pat on the head and then he's going to go back to playing with his toys.

He's not going to fire Fauci, I think he'll "reassign" him to some less public role and mostly stop doing press conferences. Bing bong crisis solved, time to go back to business as usual, don't need Fauci anymore.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

JT Jag posted:

looking forward to Fauci getting fired and the media being outraged for it for all of a day and a half until Trump does something else stupid and it's forgotten about forever

I'm looking forward to the #resistance types on Twitter who are crushing on Fauci hyping up how he can now tell all and not be held back only for him to give an interview on CNN where he says some relatively boring epidemiology stuff we all know while dodging any attempts to say Trump hosed up.

Like seriously some people are being really loving weird about Fauci and I would appreciate if it stopped.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Ils ne savent pas ce qu’ils perdent,
Tous ces fichus calotins,
Sans le latin, sans le latin,
La messe nous emmerde
Le vin du sacré calice
Se change en eau de boudin
Sans le latin, sans le latin
Et ses vertus faiblissent
A Lourdes, Sète ou bien Parme
Comme à Quimper Corentin
Le presbytère sans le latin
A perdu de son charme
O très Sainte Marie, mère de
Dieu, dites à ces putains
De moines qu’ils nous emmerdent
Sans le latin!

You really need to listen to this, when Brassens makes the "mother of (God)" part sound like "merde" (poo poo).

Also, I watched the Easter Vigil stream from the Vatican, that had a lot of Latin still.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Noise Complaint posted:

I know that this is impossible for various reasons, but it would be a whole lot better if we could identify the people who willingly went to that mass and place them dead last on a priority list for ventilators. They get them if there’s no one else who needs them, but the moment someone that wasn’t at the mass comes into the hospital, grandpa who was there is yanked off the sucker and told “good luck”.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Also all these evangelicals would gladly sacrifice their fellow parishioners as well don’t forget that.

And shrug and say "well, I guess it's God's will" if they die.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I honestly don't know what's worse, the death toll from Covid continuing to go up, or the pandemic passing and America not learning a single thing from it.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

HONG KONG SLUMLORD posted:

I know that this is impossible for various reasons, but it would be a whole lot better if we could identify the people who willingly went to that mass and place them dead last on a priority list for ventilators. They get them if there’s no one else who needs them, but the moment someone that wasn’t at the mass comes into the hospital, grandpa who was there is yanked off the sucker and told “good luck”.

Isn’t the recovery rate once you go on a ventilator a coin flip, or something equally horrific?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Data Graham posted:

I honestly don't know what's worse, the death toll from Covid continuing to go up, or the pandemic passing and America not learning a single thing from it.
It's made all apocalyptic horror unrealistic.

A Quiet Place II is bullshit if Emily Blunt isn't creeping through the remains of a destroyed city only to be interrupted by a bunch of packed up bikers hollering "On your right!" or delivery men still working in the background.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Data Graham posted:

Not learning anything from crises (especially those caused in part by their own actions) is what Americans do best.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Munkeymon posted:

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/109/hr6407

Sponsor: Thomas “Tom” Davis III. Representative for Virginia's 11th congressional district. Republican.

Passed by the 109th Congress, House speaker: Dennis Hastert (R)

Moscow Mitch was Senate Majority Leader at the time, in case anyone is wondering.

Ok and?

Why do you think that is relevant to what I said

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Fritz the Horse posted:

NYC curve looks like it's starting to flatten and it's the week after Easter. Plus, if you watched Trump's press briefings the last few days he very obviously wants this poo poo to be over.

He wants to declare victory, have everyone fawn over how great a job he did, then go back to playing golf and holding rallies.

He wants a pat on the head and then he's going to go back to playing with his toys.

He's not going to fire Fauci, I think he'll "reassign" him to some less public role and mostly stop doing press conferences. Bing bong crisis solved, time to go back to business as usual, don't need Fauci anymore.

He can't open anything

He can kick and scream and cry all he wants

Governors hold that authority

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
https://twitter.com/marianne_levine/status/1249672518832730117

A silver lining, though hope remains a lie. Still, it'll make it harder for Mitch to shut things down entirely to avoid pressure on passing House coronavirus bills.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

TulliusCicero posted:

He can't open anything

He can kick and scream and cry all he wants

Governors hold that authority

A bunch of GOP governors will follow him.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Don't post loving hoarse wisperer here. If you're not blocked by hoarse wisperer you are doing something wrong

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Apr 13, 2020

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer

Data Graham posted:

Lots of people mentioned The Rock

Now, why nobody has mentioned Peggy Sue Got Married where he does it all in falsetto, now that's the mystery

But how has no one mentioned Moonstruck. A combo best Nick Cage and best Cher.

The Angry Bum
Nov 10, 2005

Yeah this is going directly to the Supreme Court, and Beshear is going to lose big time over this. He just lost re-election.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Isn’t the recovery rate once you go on a ventilator a coin flip, or something equally horrific?
Fifty/Fifty, from what's been posted on several articles shared here, IIRC.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/DavidLarter/status/1249683337704243200

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

The stickers explicitly said that the recorded license plates would become public records, so...

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

He can't think of any ways to respond to a pandemic besides the border and his approval rating :psyboom: :psypop: :psyboom: :psypop: :psyboom: :psypop: :psyboom:

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Tax audits all round. These people seem like the type to give less than their fair due unto Caesar.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Good news everyone!

https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1249676952295944193

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

To state the obvious: the yearly flu is a pandemic.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1249691642975727616

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
Why is it a good thing that the oil cartel is cutting production?

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Jesus Christ, thanking Russia and Saudi Arabia for raising gas prices as we sprint towards mass unemployment and a new depression, and explicitly stating that is to help "very big business".

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Zopotantor posted:

You really need to listen to this, when Brassens makes the "mother of (God)" part sound like "merde" (poo poo).

Also, I watched the Easter Vigil stream from the Vatican, that had a lot of Latin still.

He’s the best. So funny.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Catalyst-proof posted:

Gas prices go up, which mean oil company stocks go up.

Also US gas producers can't compete if the price is pennies on the barrel, so it props up our domestic industry for a little bit longer.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Catalyst-proof posted:

Fracking is only profitable when oil is at or above X price. Low oil prices means the US fracking industry becomes nonviable and a poo poo ton of investment gets wiped out. The goal is to have US gas producers making money while OPEC does the same.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Shifty Pony posted:

Like seriously some people are being really loving weird about Fauci and I would appreciate if it stopped.

eh, he's the one adult in the room and it's comforting to know that at least one person making decisions isn't a spoiled toddler willing to sacrifice hundreds of thousands dead in order for Number to go Up

e: come to think of it that explains cuomo's popularity too

Craig K fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Apr 13, 2020

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Catalyst-proof posted:

Anything that keeps oil in the ground is good news. If we ground up nuclear waste and injected it into virgin oil reserves that would be a good thing. If we bombed oil pumps both foreign and domestic that would also be a good thing.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
But what if we pump out all the oil as fast as possible then there's no oil left and we will have to do something else!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Arglebargle III posted:

Anything that keeps oil in the ground is good news. If we ground up nuclear waste and injected it into virgin oil reserves that would be a good thing.

We'd probably still use it so maybe that's a bad plan.